Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Why Do Pastors Do This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Do This? (1072 Views)

Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / What Do Pastors Do With Their Church Members Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 7:30am On May 08, 2016
I'm sure it would have happened to many of us, even Christians too.

You enter a public vehicle, pay your fare and hoping to relax by taking a short nap, reading a book or just keeping a blank mind. Only for a person to start preaching, this preaching could continue for thirty minutes or one hour or more.

So, my questions are these:

# These people, don't they realize that they are disturbing other passengers?

# Don't they realize that they paid equal fare with those they are disturbing?

#Don't they realize that this inconvenience can even make people hate their religion the more?

# Don't they know that Nigeria is heterogeneous in its religious beliefs?

# Have they forgotten that ear pollution or Noise is defined as an unwanted or harmful noise?

Personally, I tell them to stop the disturbance or hurry up with the whole process of 'introduction' but they are usually adamant, and this makes me feel these people are really far from civilized.

The interesting part is most of them end up with: "now you need a Bible believing church and I recommend so and so church"... advertising his/her church.

And some people are also very similar to this, they switch on their music and raise the volume disturbing the other passengers.

I think these acts are not Humane and Civilized.

Please I need people's sincere comments, no insults please.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 7:34am On May 08, 2016
lalasticalala
please let's get some opinions and discussion
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by delishpot: 7:36am On May 08, 2016
That makes them barbaric? Selfish maybe, Ignorant? Okay. But barbaric? I don't think so.
I agree that no one should force anyone to hear any Gospel. Have a corner by the side of the park and preach those who want to listen to the word would gather around you to hear it. That is my take on public preaching.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Abduletudaye(m): 7:40am On May 08, 2016
Hmmmm...nice observation. smiley
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by wordbank(m): 7:40am On May 08, 2016
Some market women no go even wan hia let us pray dem don carry polybag cover dia hair
Na dem go hail d preacher pass but ask dem one thing dem no sabi
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Vince77(m): 7:55am On May 08, 2016
And that was how one was preaching inside d bus and was indirectly bashing Catholics. I pity his followers.

ProudlyCatholic
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by henrygale(m): 8:05am On May 08, 2016
Haven't come across the extreme ones sha. Those I come across esp when Travelling, dey pray when the vehicle moves,preach a lil for about 10-15mins,and dats it! I never jam those wey dey play music join o! cheesy. But that's not right sha.
Buh trust me,in a religious country like naija,expect dem to bash u here and label u devil when u complain!
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by utenwuson: 8:05am On May 08, 2016
dts y I don't enter public vehicle. without my headset! it seems every state need the el rufai bill on religion, we too d preach wettin we no fit practice
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Luckylife(m): 8:10am On May 08, 2016
We can take it as opportunity cost for our safe journey, if am opportune to be alive and strong to listen to the words of God in a bus or vehicle for free , I should be grateful to God Almighty, at least for my life and the lives of my family. Listening for few minutes or even hours can't be compared with the mercy of God to us sinful humans. I think the preacher should be commanded ! note ; true preachers of God words, not pretenders . Thanks for reading my thought .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 8:17am On May 08, 2016
delishpot:
That makes them barbaric? Selfish maybe, Ignorant? Okay. But barbaric? I don't think so.
I agree that no one should force anyone to hear any Gospel. Have a corner by the side of the park and preach those who want to listen to the word would gather around you to hear it. That is my take on public preaching.

Thanks for the correction

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 8:25am On May 08, 2016
Luckylife:
We can take it as opportunity cost for our safe journey, if am opportune to be alive and strong to listen to the words of God in a bus or vehicle for free , I should be grateful to God Almighty, at least for my life and the lives of my family. Listening for few minutes or even hours can't be compared with the mercy of God to us sinful humans. I think the preacher should be commanded ! note ; true preachers of God words, not pretenders . Thanks for reading my thought .

Does it have to be congregational before it will be accepted?

And must it be accompanied with preaching?

It's a lot of inconvenience, I think people should rethink.
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 8:53am On May 08, 2016
utenwuson:
dts y I don't enter public vehicle. without my headset! it seems every state need the el rufai bill on religion, we too d preach wettin we no fit practice

I also try to go with my headset, but sometimes you forget to take it along. And sometimes, the volume of the preaching is just too loud
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 8:59am On May 08, 2016
And there's even a video clip of one pastor preaching in a public bus abroad
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2016
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by malvisguy212: 9:45am On May 08, 2016
Broad is the way that lead to death, many will go in there, many will condemn preaching on the bus because the road to hell is a broad way. The pastor did not force you to hear the word, if you reject the message, it is your will.

Roaman 10
14 How, then, can they call on the one they
have not believed in? And how can they believe
in the one of whom they have not heard? And
how can they hear without someone preaching
to them? 15 And how can anyone preach unless
they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful
are the feet of those who bring good news!”[ g]
16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good
news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed
our message?”[ h] 17 Consequently, faith comes
from hearing the message, and the message is
heard through the word about Christ. 18 But I
ask: Did they not hear? Of course they did:
“Their voice has gone out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.”[ i]
19 Again I ask: Did Israel not understand? First,
Moses says,
“I will make you envious by those who are not a
nation;
I will make you angry by a nation that has no
understanding.”[ j]
20 And Isaiah boldly says,
“I was found by those who did not seek me;
I revealed myself to those who did not ask for
me.”[ k]
21 But concerning Israel he says,
“All day long I have held out my hands
to a disobedient and obstinate people.”[l]
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by utenwuson: 9:51am On May 08, 2016
Newnas:

I also try to go with my headset, but sometimes you forget to take it along. And sometimes, the volume of the preaching is just too loud
dt1 na loud speakers hin carry be dt

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by 4C2215131: 10:07am On May 08, 2016
wordbank:
Some market women no go even wan hia let us pray dem don carry polybag cover dia hair
Na dem go hail d preacher pass but ask dem one thing dem no sabi

Hehehehe
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 9:14pm On May 08, 2016
utenwuson:
dt1 na loud speakers hin carry be dt

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 08, 2016
Most people do not mind them. You can get the wrath of the other passengers for attacking a bus preacher in Kenya, even if they are preaching useless things. Ours collect offering too.
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2016
Muafrika2:
Most people do not mind them. You can get the wrath of the other passengers for attacking a bus preacher in Kenya, even if they are preaching useless things. Ours collect offering too.

That's an even uglier picture.

Actually, most of the time, the preaching is useless and worse is the inconvenience.

I just wonder why anyone would think he has the right to cause inconvenience to others

You didn't pay their fare for God's sake and it's not a free ride!!!

Even if it's just a single passenger that dislikes a music being played or the preaching, I think he should be honoured and given his right. Anyone who wants to listen to music should by PALITO/mp3 etc and plug earpiece.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
Broad is the way that lead to death, many will go in there, many will condemn preaching on the bus because the road to hell is a broad way. The pastor did not force you to hear the word, if you reject the message, it is your will.

Are you telling me that it's justified to cause public nuisance in the name of preaching. If yes then please go to the bank or enter the cantonment and try it.

@underlined: yes he didn't force me to hear, like the driver runs into potholes and says he didn't force me to swing.

Your point seems to be very weightless and uncivilized to me personally. I don't know what others think.

Anyway, thanks for your contribution.
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by malvisguy212: 7:56am On May 09, 2016
Newnas:

Are you telling me that it's justified to cause public nuisance in the name of preaching. If yes then please go to the bank or enter the cantonment and try it.

@underlined: yes he didn't force me to hear, like the driver runs into potholes and says he didn't force me to swing.

Your point seems to be very weightless and uncivilized to me personally. I don't know what others think.

Anyway, thanks for your contribution.
are you an atheist ? Because atheist are the one's bringing this complain. If you are a muslim and you accuse christian preacher of public nuisance then you are a hypocrite.
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 8:24am On May 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
are you an atheist ? Because atheist are the one's bringing this complain. If you are a muslim and you accuse christian preacher of public nuisance then you are a hypocrite.

I'm not an atheist.

I'm a Muslim. please explain the hypocrisy in my statement.
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by malvisguy212: 8:34am On May 09, 2016
Newnas:

I'm not an atheist.

I'm a Muslim. please explain the hypocrisy in my statement.
nonsense. so mosque don't disturbed only churches and preachers do ?
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by carinmom(f): 9:15am On May 09, 2016
I'm glad that this will soon end in Kaduna state with the introduction of the religious bill.

Kudos to gov El rufai.
Re: Why Do Pastors Do This? by Newnas(m): 10:21am On May 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
nonsense. so mosque don't disturbed only churches and preachers do ?

# No insults please.

# Mosques don't disturb.

We are discussing nuisance in public transport. We are not yet talking about the 'noise' the places of worship create

As far as I know, Muslims don't practice preaching in public transports.

If anyone does it, I can comfortably declare to you that it's not right.

(1) (Reply)

Professor Of N.T,craig Keener, Explains His Journey From Atheism To Christianity / The Biggest Contradiction Of The Bible / See Reason Why Apostle Johnson Suleman Visited Force Headquarters In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.