Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,253 members, 7,849,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9410957 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (9328) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
Paxziano:

If I order from aliexpress today or 2moro, around when would it reach naija? Considering the Chinese holidays
Of course next year, let's put it at month end max, depending on the seller.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
This thread dey run sha, 100 pages already, that's great, thanks to the house for supporting one another. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 9:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
temitimx19:

1. 4-6hrs can't really estimate
2. No just gets warm
3. Awesome camera
4. Fast speed and 1.1-1.3gb free after installing all apps
5. No type c
6. it has Mtk pump fast charging, charges from 0-70% in 30-45mins
7. Yes

That your number 3 and 6 aren't totally true... The rear camera is decent buh it struggles in low light situations.. The front camera holds it's own though.

As regards the charging, it charges fast in a way when in use buh faster when it's off..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2016
Dam5reey:

My last order took 4 days from shipment.. not from the day i paid oo... Seller's shipping differ...

If you order tomorrow... Most likely it will be shipped tomorrow or next week Monday.. let's say next week Friday you get the phone...
Correct guy... Mehn thanks for the tips Na u try pass
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Worksunlimited:

That your number 3 and 6 aren't totally true... The rear camera is decent buh it struggles in low light situations.. The front camera holds it's own though.

As regards the charging, it charges fast in a way when in use buh faster when it's off..
I haven't seen a Xiaomi phone that doesn't struggle in low light situations, except high end phones.. the phone is fast in charging, I have used it and I have seen it in reviews.. check it yourself
MediaTek's PumpExpress technology promises that a PumpExpress based 10 watts (5 volts @ 2 amps) charger can bring a phone to 75% charge in 30 minutes. Unfortunately, PumpExpress technology is not as widespread as USB Power Delivery or Qualcomm Quick Charge, making it less likely you can find another compatible PumpExpress charger around the house or at work
See the link

http://gtrusted.com/review/xiaomi-redmi-note-4
Tell me what I don't know about the Redmi note 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Worksunlimited:

True
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
temitimx19:

I haven't seen a Xiaomi phone that doesn't struggle in low light situations, except high end phones.. the phone is fast in charging, I have used it and I have seen it in reviews.. check it yourself
Which one is faster between the follow come charger & this one https:///original-blackberry-charger-long-cable-1455505
My note 3 pro seems to charge slower than what I'm expecting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 10:47pm On Dec 22, 2016
willian10:

Which one is faster between the follow come charger & this one https:///original-blackberry-charger-long-cable-1455505
My guy buy a 2A charger, but I believe it's the cable that is not too good. Xiaomi cables are not as good as they should be.. so I would suggest you change your cable, buy a cable that can allow 2a of electricity to pass through it..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2016
temitimx19:

My guy buy a 2A charger, but I believe it's the cable that is not too good. Xiaomi cables are not as good as they should be.. so I would suggest you change your cable, buy a cable that can allow 2a of electricity to pass through it..
What about the one I sent the link, u know most of this ratings are not correct
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 11:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
I need a tempered glass for 3s please o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:41pm On Dec 22, 2016
willian10:

The standard charging time is 2hrs 30mins from 1% to 100%. It could be more if you use the phone while charging and it could charge in about 2hrs if switched off.

With the Marshmallow rom, it now takes longer time to charge because most users complained of heating while charging their phones when they were on lollipop.

Hence, You may damage your battery/phone if you use any charger/ cable with a higher voltage

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 12:24am On Dec 23, 2016
GrandMufti:

The standard charging time is 2hrs 30mins from 1% to 100%. It could be more if you use the phone while charging and it could charge in about 2hrs if switched off.

With the Marshmallow rom, it now takes longer time to charge because most users complained of heating while charging their phones when they were on lollipop.

Hence, You may damage your battery/phone if you use any charger/ cable with a higher voltage
Charging a 4,000Mah battery for 150 minutes is never fast charging
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 12:41am On Dec 23, 2016
Xiaomi Dreami Store
https://xiaomiui.aliexpress.com/store/1986585?spm=2114.01010208.3.15.Ih6VmO
would be having some sort of discount on 27th (Tuesday).
I'll wait and see how it goes and see how much the wait will save me from buying Kenzo (RN3 Pro).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 5:04am On Dec 23, 2016
temitimx19:

MediaTek's PumpExpress technology promises that a PumpExpress based 10 watts (5 volts @ 2 amps) charger can bring a phone to 75% charge in 30 minutes. Unfortunately, PumpExpress technology is not as widespread as USB Power Delivery or Qualcomm Quick Charge, making it less likely you can find another compatible PumpExpress charger around the house or at work
See the link

http://gtrusted.com/review/xiaomi-redmi-note-4
Tell me what I don't know about the Redmi note 4

I dey use redmi note 4 pro at the moment.. And that stuff no dey charge as fast as them talk for Internet.. It's charging speed is decent buh not as u are painting it..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 5:26am On Dec 23, 2016
temitimx19:

Bro how they shipped your remaining item via DHL..
I want to know how many days DHL takes to deliver to Nigeria

I didn't ship directly to naija. I shipped to my bro in scotland. Geekbuying took 30days to hand it over to DHL. DHL took 3days to ship it.

For the item they sent via Singapore post, I still ain't got it. I asked y they sent it separately since I paid for DHL. Dey sed the items were in different warehouses and bringing them 2geda wud delay further

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 5:55am On Dec 23, 2016
Worksunlimited:

I dey use redmi note 4 pro at the moment.. And that stuff no dey charge as fast as them talk for Internet.. It's charging speed is decent buh not as u are painting it..

I think it depends on the charger. I used my sister's Samsung A5 charger and its faster than the follow come charger.

I have ordered for a pump express charger tho and it should arrive soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:25am On Dec 23, 2016
willian10:

Charging a 4,000Mah battery for 150 minutes is never fast charging

Quickcharge 3.0 is disabled due to licensing limitations. If xiaomi had to enable it, they would have to pay a fee to Qualcomm,which would have meant this device price to be much more than what we have now.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2016
Paxziano:

I didn't ship directly to naija. I shipped to my bro in scotland. Geekbuying took 30days to hand it over to DHL. DHL took 3days to ship it.

For the item they sent via Singapore post, I still ain't got it. I asked y they sent it separately since I paid for DHL. Dey sed the items were in different warehouses and bringing them 2geda wud delay further
Okay thanks..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Feyitumi: 6:50am On Dec 23, 2016
vosquare:

U have to flash new rom
I don't know how to do dat..... Can u help.... 2 begin with... I don't even know how to confirm if d fone is rooted or not.... Can't believe a well loved fone like this can give me xo much headache
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oNj(m): 7:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Feyitumi:
I don't know how to do dat..... Can u help.... 2 begin with... I don't even know how to confirm if d fone is rooted or not.... Can't believe a well loved fone like this can give me xo much headache

Try the STUBBORN TROJAN KILLER someone suggested.

ROM flashing should be last option
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Feyitumi:
Download root checker to confirm root access.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:17am On Dec 23, 2016
iheanyi4u:

I think it depends on the charger. I used my sister's Samsung A5 charger and its faster than the follow come charger.

I have ordered for a pump express charger tho and it should arrive soon

How much did it cost u?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 8:21am On Dec 23, 2016
E be like me sef go dey contemplate to buy xiaomi soon oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2016
guente02:
Xiaomi Dreami Store would be having some sort of discount on 27th (Tuesday).
I'll wait and see how it goes and see how much the wait will save me from buying Kenzo (RN3 Pro).

Why una dey call the redmi note 3 pro, kenzo sef?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ourown(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2016
guente02:
Xiaomi Dreami Store would be having some sort of discount on 27th (Tuesday).

Bro, I'm interested on getting the phone, if the discount makes sense. Please do update me. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Lol all Xiaomi phones have nick names eg

Redmi note 3 Pro Kenzo
Redmi note 4 Nikel
Redmi Pro Omega
Redmi note 2 Hermes
etc etc

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Feyitumi:
Name of your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 10:02am On Dec 23, 2016
Ourown:

Bro, I'm interested on getting the phone, if the discount makes sense. Please do update me. Thanks
I think it'll just be a few dollars.
The dark grey color is currently 124.55 and believe me even if na 2USD drop i go appreciate am at least i go get money to buy data subscription for launching the device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 10:03am On Dec 23, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Na the nick name na and to me i find it better owning to the fact that the phone has a lot of variants. For quick identification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ourown(m): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2016
guente02:

I think it'll just be a few dollars.
The dark grey color is currently 124.55 and believe me even if na 2USD drop i go appreciate am at least i go get money to buy data subscription for launching the device.

I wish it could come down to $100 as my budget is around 30k cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:55am On Dec 23, 2016
Abeg which correct xiaomi i fit order for lets sy 55-60k
.... I for talk say 70k but i wan order my redmi 2 screen too quick reply asap me i go go like fast shipping too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2016
toluwanimi07:
Abeg which correct xiaomi i fit order for lets sy 55-60k
.... I for talk say 70k but i wan order my redmi 2 screen too quick reply asap me i go go like fast shipping too
Xiaomi mi max 32gig version, redmi note 4, 64gig variant, redmi note 3 pro 32gig. Your redmi 2 screen should be around 8k.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (9328) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HONESTMD, XtraFortunes and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.