Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356818 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
Baroba:

Could it be the MTK version he's talking about? I think it came out August 2016..

Released in August but shops started selling in mid September. I think he uses the sd version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2017
Hey fam, Is there anyone here using Xiaomi Mi Note 2? I'd appreciate a honest opinion on performance and the camera. I found a sweet 128GB model deal that could easily rival the 64GB Oneplus 3T I covet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 3:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
donkafor:
OnePlus 3T is still super and cheaper...

very true!
now, it's either OP3T or another SD821 device

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
ekesoft:
Guys i saw xiaomi redmi 4x on jumia for 44k.. (i know my way through jumia) is it advisable to buy deir ..since one guy complained abt the rn4x he bought deir

If its the 16gb,pls dont waste ur money,i can save u more dan 5k,if u want 3-5 days express delivery we can arrange that,come and enjoy the benefits of the super cheap CBN $$$.contacts on signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donkafor(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
Solved... Caused by edx
Protein0:

Did u start an upload to ur drive that wasn't complete?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2017
tonyeb2k:
casing don show oh plus free screen film. thanks to Oga Noobody

All thanks to God

Powered by the super cheap CBN $$$

Contact us for urs today

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
noobody:

All thanks to God

Powered by the super cheap CBN $$$

Contact us for urs today
Lol Funny Nigga.....they Just brought d Guard + Earphone to me now

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeinKampf: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
Gptech:

Ok, have you updated as advised?

Will I loose my apps if I upgrade my Xiaomi note 4 prime mtk as you suggested? And is it confirmed that after upgrade, the heating and quick drainage of the battery will stop? thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeinKampf: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
GrandMufti:

Download the latest MIUI ROM file from here

http://en.miui.com/download-309.html#455

Rename the downloaded ROM file to ‘update.zip’ on the computer.

Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded and renamed in Step 1 into the root directory of the internal storage of your device. (Do not put it in any folder).

Launch ‘Updater’ app on your device, click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, and select ‘choose update package'.

Navigate to the system root folder where the downloaded rom is located and select the file. Then your device will begin updating automatically. Wait until the update is completed, choose ‘Reboot’, and then your device should boot to the new version.

take a full backup and restore later. You will not lose any app or App Data.
Music, Video and Photos needs to be backed up separately to PC or OTG Pendrive.Search google for more.

For Backup: -
Go to Settings---Additional Settings---Backup and Reset------Local Backups.
Backup all the app and other data(You can Choose Only few Apps Also). The backup will be saved in Memory card or Internal Memory in MIUI ----Backup----Allbackup.

The name of Folder will be current Date and contains all apps with extension dot bak. Copy it to PC or OTG Pendrive and restore later.

Now make a full reset of device and restore the data back using backup app.

Put the backup folder in same folder where from you copied it.

Note: you can also backup before updating, just to be safe.

Please screenshot your 'about phone'

Will I loose my apps if I upgrade my Xiaomi note 4 prime mtk as you suggested? And is it confirmed that after upgrade, the heating and quick drainage of the battery will stop? thanks

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
GrandMufti:

Please re-confirm the name of your device. There was no redmi note 4 at this time last year

Mine is the pro version with mediatek chip.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
Gptech:

Switch off the phone and get a backup phone for now to avoid further damage.
BN41 4100mAh Hongmi Note 4 Battery For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Battery Batterie Bateria With Free Tools
http://s.aliexpress.com/iIb6rYfi
(from AliExpress Android)

OK bro, can you help me order for this real quick? Let's discuss more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
Baroba:

Could it be the MTK version he's talking about? I think it came out August 2016..

Yes, that's the one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
saintkenny:

very true! now, it's either OP3T or another SD821 device
I have the OP3T. Check my signature.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2017
SnowJay92:

Contact Lstar4real if you want quick shipping (~7 days, or so), but you'll have to pay near-blackmarket rate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by temitimx19(m): 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2017
SnowJay92:
Brothers, after few more days of monitoring my Redmi note 4 with the battery drain problem I complained about last week, I've concluded the battery is spoilt, and it's also swelling up and since the back is sealed it's swelling towards the front, my fear is that it might even affect the screen and other parts. Please does anyone know how I can get a replacement battery for Redmi note 4 and who can do repair for me, the phone looks sealed I really hope it can be done. Anyone please, I'd appreciate.

Gptech, oribi, noobody, please help out o
open the phone and replace the battery. Its very simple to open the back, if you mobile repairing tools it would be easy for you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2017
SnowJay92:

Protein0 or noobody can help u order for it fast with super cheap dollar and if u wish too, 4 days shipping is available at an extra fee
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reprobate: 5:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
saintkenny:
Hey fam, Is there anyone here using Xiaomi Mi Note 2? I'd appreciate a honest opinion on performance and the camera. I found a sweet 128GB model deal that could easily rival the 64GB Oneplus 3T I covet.

am also considering the note 2, but need superb camera, who can confirm for us...unbiased
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tall2ce(m): 6:27pm On Jun 21, 2017
Xaomi thread is superb.
Noobody you can just bring them to Nigeria to establish. The thread is doing so well considering it started last year May
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scarr: 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
Wanna sell my Redmi 4 with 3 TPU cases. Rooted with EU Stable ROM 8.1.4.0 Or exchange with something higher, preferably Mi 5.
Drop your offers.
07032342624 whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JandyJ(m): 7:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
Halyma:
started June 14th to end June 23rd
There Is No Xiaomi To Buy For Half A Price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
SnowJay92:
Brothers, after few more days of monitoring my Redmi note 4 with the battery drain problem I complained about last week, I've concluded the battery is spoilt, and it's also swelling up and since the back is sealed it's swelling towards the front, my fear is that it might even affect the screen and other parts. Please does anyone know how I can get a replacement battery for Redmi note 4 and who can do repair for me, the phone looks sealed I really hope it can be done. Anyone please, I'd appreciate.

Gptech, oribi, noobody, please help out o

sorry for the late reply...Hope gptech has come through?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
temitimx19:

open the phone and replace the battery. Its very simple to open the back, if you mobile repairing tools it would be easy for you.

That's reassuring bro, na to order for the battery and get it down here be the problem now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2017
scarr:
Wanna sell my Redmi 4 with 3 TPU cases.
Rooted with EU Stable ROM 8.1.4.0
Or exchange with something higher, preferably Mi 5.

Drop your offers.

07032342624 whatsapp

shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
princetom1:

Protein0 or noobody can help u order for it fast with super cheap dollar and if u wish too, 4 days shipping is available at an extra fee

I'd explore that option bro, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
Dmedalion:
Lol Funny Nigga.....they Just brought d Guard + Earphone to me now

Which earphone is that pls, kindly do a quick review too o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
SnowJay92:

Mine is the pro version with mediatek chip.

Then it's not up to a year as you stated. If you are really sure it's the battery, then change it. Order for a replacement charger also. Because there's no point in ordering for a new battery when you'll still use a 1.8mAh blackberry charger to charge it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2017
Does it make sense if I charge my note 4x with a Generator, i mean a generator which can power pumping machine. Am charging for d third time, the first two was with PHCN light.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:26pm On Jun 21, 2017
MeinKampf:

Read the post you quoted Bro! lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 8:51pm On Jun 21, 2017
princetom1:

Which earphone is that pls, kindly do a quick review too o
H6 Earphone...Sound quality very ok,

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
melorious4:
Does it make sense if I charge my note 4x with a Generator, i mean a generator which can power pumping machine. Am charging for d third time, the first two was with PHCN light.

Yes! you can..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bodmasfem(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2017
please brothers, what can u say about lenovo zuk z1?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cyril009(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.