Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,824 members, 7,862,714 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9488554 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 3:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
guente02:

Since 24th.
cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horlaarsco: 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pls which website ships in one week?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
vower:

There is no mm for my phone,have downloaded and flash the stock ROM,I saw update but without any info,I updated it but it's still the same lollipop

Yes indeed this is still on lollipop. The Chinese MM updates were released as beta stable rom, late November - while that of global stable was released first week of December as 'beta stable'. But it has been released as global stable since 2nd week of December. I was shocked when @40manlappy said he just got his chinese MM update for rn3 pro on Monday 26th December, which is rather strange because xiaomi normally releases Chinese updates before global updates. For example, I went from 8.0.6.0 (lollipop) to 8.1.1.0 (MM). But you are ahead in terms of lollipop (8.1.3.0).

You can exercise patience till next week, at least you are now getting updates as you confirmed. I guess the initial updates were pulled down.
I also wish you took a screenshot of the update you got. The one without any info
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
GrandMufti:

Yes indeed this is still on lollipop. The Chinese MM updates were released as beta stable rom, late November - while that of global stable was released first week of December as 'beta stable'. But it has been released as global stable since 2nd week of December. I was shocked when @40manlappy said he just got his chinese MM update for rn3 pro on Monday 26th December, which is rather strange because xiaomi normally releases Chinese updates before global updates. For example, I went from 8.0.6.0 (lollipop) to 8.1.1.0 (MM). But you are ahead in terms of lollipop (8.1.3.0).

You can exercise patience till next week, at least you are now getting updates as you confirmed. I guess the initial updates were pulled down.
I also wish you took a screenshot of the update you got. The one without any info
Yes I did. So there's hope that my mtk variant will get mm abi?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
Paxziano:

Please, what do u mean by *brick your phone* would the phone spoil or it just becomes useless

Yes, useless if you are unlucky (hard brick) or you might need to reflash if you are lucky (softbrick)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
It's says no update available but when I check option I see download update,is this normal?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2016
vower:

Yes I did. So there's hope that my mtk variant will get mm abi?

Yes. But how did you get this update? My guess is that you clicked on the 3 dots at the top right and you selected 'download update'
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 3:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
GrandMufti:

Yes. But how did you get this update? My guess is that you clicked on the 3 dots at the top right and you selected 'download update'

Yes,I even updated it twice just to be sure,2gb embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
vower:
It's says no update available but when I check option I see download update,is this normal?

grin yes normal. But the update you download is still the current one on your phone. Connect to a WiFi and check since you set your phone to check for updates only on WiFi.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 3:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pls someone explain this tracking for me.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 3:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
amadika:

It's in Nigeria NW,just wait a little,it will soon get to ur nearest post office
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vower(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
GrandMufti:

grin yes normal. But the update you download is still the current one on your phone. Connect to a WiFi and check since you set your phone to check for updates only on WiFi.

I off it,but I will try again when I see wifi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 3:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
vower:

It's in Nigeria NW,just wait a little,it will soon get to ur nearest post office

Wow. I placed the order on 23rd Dec with free shipping and it's already in Nigeria. 10 gbosa for dreami store
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amlos007(m): 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2016
amadika:

Wow. I placed the order on 23rd Dec with free shipping and it's already in Nigeria. 10 gbosa for dreami store
its not yet in Nigeria bro,just chill...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
amadika:

Believe this at your own peril.
Bro you still have nothing less than 10 more days to go and mind you we are in the same boat, our phone still dey china land.
I think the next update is going to be one "successful blah blah" before it then leaves china, then take like 4-6 days before in now enters NG then 3 days to the North Where i stay (don't know about u tho), so baba u gats just chill.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
amadika:

You have at least two weeks for your phone to get to the post office, your phone is far closer to the country it was shipped than Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
guente02:

Believe this at your own peril.
Bro you still have nothing less than 10 more days to go and mind you we are in the same boat, our phone still dey china land.
I think the next update is going to be one "successful blah blah" before it then leaves china, then take like 4-6 days before in now enters NG then 3 days to the North Where i stay (don't know about u tho), so baba u gats just chill.

Gptech:

You have at least two weeks for your phone to get to the post office, your phone is far closer to the country it was shipped than Nigeria.

Thanks for the clarification but why will they be putting up fake tracking information
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lonzo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
Gptech:

Boss, download cpu z, run it and screenshot the results lets see.

Result from cpu Z

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bharkarh(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
Xiaomi redmi note2 for sale
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
vower:

NO it is still in China, it has not even been dispatched to Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
I guess Snapdragon redmi note 4x is on the way so congrats to those that re waiting

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
lonzo:

Result from cpu Z

Bro send d device part
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lonzo(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Bro send d device part

Ok bro

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lonzo(m): 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
toluwanimi07:

Bro send d device part

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
lonzo:

Ok bro

Clone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crespodinho(m): 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Baroba:

Get a good flat tip tweezers if you haven't pushed it too deep, I made the same mistake..
Its too deep. My memory card isn't even displaying
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 6:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
lonzo:

Ok bro

Abeg return it... Mtk6852..on top snapdragon 810 ahaha cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
GrandMufti:

See picture. Still convinced that it's Marshmallow?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
40manlappy:

See picture. Still convinced that it's Marshmallow?

Yes this is MM for snapdragon. But he uses a Mtk device which for strange reasons still runs on lollipop

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
I received my phone from geekbuying since last week it will not be fair on my part if I don't inform the house because I was not patient though and I had somehow rubbish them here.

@grandmufti thanks for your support the other I had a call issue with my phone. My discovery with the phone so far is phone doesn't receive call or end call on 2G mode it does initially when the phone is switched on but later on, call comes in you swipe the answer call and the ringtone goes silence but call not pick likewise for ending.

Although I don't use a 4G Sim, reverse is the case when I set network on LTE or 3G mode. I can pick calls and end calls with my phone. That has been my ordeal so far.

Any idea phone gurus?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
amadika:

phone is just received by the carrier who will ship to Nigeria. Just got a watch from aliexpress this afternoon though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
toluwanimi07:
I guess Snapdragon redmi note 4x is on the way so congrats to those that re waiting

Might get that one when it is launched, sold my redmi 3s and have not yet decided on the Xiaomi phone to buy and I have a budget of $200.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.