Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9199739 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 1:03am On Sep 24, 2016
Who know how to boot into recovery on xiaomi redmi note 3 mtk?... Anytime I try it will just show MI then reboot.

I want to update to mi8 just now, I downloaded d rom for d phone and when I try updating d error I keep getting is couldn't verify this update check other versions.. Abeg who has witnessed this?.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2016
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2016
vosquare:
Who know how to boot into recovery on xiaomi redmi note 3 mtk?... Anytime I try it will just show MI then reboot.

I want to update to mi8 just now, I downloaded d rom for d phone and when I try updating d error I keep getting is couldn't verify this update check other versions.. Abeg who has witnessed this?.

You don't need to go through that to update. The rom you have downloaded, copy it to a folder(create the folder and name it downloaded_rom) in the internal memory of your phone. Then go to the updater app(you can find it in tools) and click on the three dots at the right top, then click on 'choose update package', you will see the folder you created (downloaded_rom), just select the rom there and update will initiate.
Hope you downloaded the right rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2016
Gptech:

You don't need to go through that to update. The rom you have downloaded, copy it to a folder(create the folder and name it downloaded_rom) in the internal memory of your phone. Then go to the updater app(you can find it in tools) and click on the three dots at the right top, then click on 'choose update package', you will see the folder you created (downloaded_rom), just select the rom there and update will initiate.
Hope you downloaded the right rom?
Same is... Downloaded from MI site, downloaded right rom still the same error.. Finding it hard to unlock d device... Tried using flash tool also... Same thing

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
vosquare:

Same is... Downloaded from MI site, downloaded right rom still the same error.. Finding it hard to unlock d device... Tried using flash tool also... Same thing

Download fastboot rom and flash using MI flash tool.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2016
vosquare:

Obviously you are on Chinese rom, follow what KuliMart said, this link might be helpful http://en.miui.com/extra.php?mod=article/view&aid=234&mobile=no
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2016
Thanks.. Will try them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2016
#PhoneNews – Xiaomi’s Redmi Note 4 Is A Beautiful Beast

SmartHUB / August 25, 2016
Well, well, well…. September is sure ‎shaping up to be the month of the Biggest phone battles ever witnessed and one of the major players, or should I say, Gladiators – the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 just got announced officially….and boy is it ready for WAR!!!

The Redmi Note 4 features a 5.5in AMOLED 1080x1920p FullHD screen which runs on a set of 10-core MediaTek Helio X20 CPU.

Shipping with either a 2 or 3GB RAM supported by either a 16 or 64GB ROM expandable via microSD to 128GB‎, the Redmi Note 4 blurs the lines between a midrange and high-end smartphone.

In the camera department, the Redmi Note 4 fields a likely Samsung 13MP main camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP selfie shooter up front. Directing the affairs on this Note 4 is Android’s OS 6.0 and a non-removable 4100mAh battery. A fingerprint scanner graces the rear end too to complete it’s armoury with Dual SIM support.

The 2GB/16GB variant is expected to sell for $135 while the 3GB/64GB variant is said to sell for $180.

Source: smarthubngr

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2016
All i wish is to buy xiaomi phone but still enjoying my Gionee M3mini
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2016
vosquare:

miui8 is not advisable now...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
NgcoboP:

miui8 is not advisable now...
Y?... Is it full of bugs?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
vosquare:
Y?... Is it full of bugs?
too much complaints.. I will advise you wait until it's been rectified
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Viktor1983(m): 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
I'm on a 45k budget for a new device, I wanted to pick up the Infinix hot s ....then I bumped into a thread on Nairaland where a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 was offered.....
"
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 for Sale (1 week Used)

GSM / HSPA / LTE
5.5 inches Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (403 ppi pixel density)
Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10
CPU Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU PowerVR G6200
32 GB, 3 GB RAM
13 MP Back Camera
Secondary 5 MP
IR Blaster for remote control
Fingerprint Sensor
USB On-The-Go
Support Fast Charging
Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
The phone comes with MIUI 7 (Lollipop) but has been upgraded to MIUI 8 6.8.4
Support OTA for weekly updates
Unlocked Bootloader
TWRP 3.0.2.1 recovery installed
Selling with 32gb SanDisk OTG Flash drive with CM 12.1 and Resurrection Remix custom rom( If you want)
Highly customizable

Call or whatsapp me 080xxxxxxx
65k Negotiable"

How good are Xiaomi phones, and are their devices compatible with Smile 4G sim....
I need to get your views before I make the buy..Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harmbhrosz(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
40manlappy:

Well, well, well…. September is sure ‎shaping up to be the month of the Biggest phone battles ever witnessed and one of the major players, or should I say, Gladiators – the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 just got announced officially….and boy is it ready for WAR!!!

The Redmi Note 4 features a 5.5in AMOLED 1080x1920p FullHD screen which runs on a set of 10-core MediaTek Helio X20 CPU.

Shipping with either a 2 or 3GB RAM supported by either a 16 or 64GB ROM expandable via microSD to 128GB‎, the Redmi Note 4 blurs the lines between a midrange and high-end smartphone.

In the camera department, the Redmi Note 4 fields a likely Samsung 13MP main camera with dual LED flash and a 5MP selfie shooter up front. Directing the affairs on this Note 4 is Android’s OS 6.0 and a non-removable 4100mAh battery. A fingerprint scanner graces the rear end too to complete it’s armoury with Dual SIM support.

The 2GB/16GB variant is expected to sell for $135 while the 3GB/64GB variant is said to sell for $180.

why can't they just chill till next year for the Redmi 4 series.....

I'm sure people are still buying the Redmi 3 series heavily.

My thought was that they're going to release the Redmi 4 by December and release the Note 4 by January which will should come with a 4gb of ram and make people enjoy the feel for the year.

They should make it an annual event like samsung

Not just releasing phones anyhow like Tecno

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2016
Viktor1983:
I'm on a 45k budget for a new device, I wanted to pick up the Infinix hot s ....then I bumped into a thread on Nairaland where a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 was offered.....
"

GSM / HSPA / LTE
GPU PowerVR G6200
32 GB, 3 GB RAM
13 MP Back Camera
Secondary 5 MP
Fingerprint Sensor
USB On-The-Go
Support Fast Charging
Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Unlocked Bootloader
Selling with 32gb SanDisk OTG Flash drive with CM 12.1 and Resurrection Remix custom rom( If you want)
Highly customizable

65k Negotiable"

How good are Xiaomi phones, and are their devices compatible with Smile 4G sim....
I need to get your views before I make the buy..Thanks for your anticipated response.
buy it naw if i have plenty money with me i will consider to buy it what a nice and powerful specs xiaomi always blowy mind with their no worst specs so far on their phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by augster(m): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Viktor1983:
"

GSM / HSPA / LTE
GPU PowerVR G6200
32 GB, 3 GB RAM
13 MP Back Camera
Secondary 5 MP
Fingerprint Sensor
USB On-The-Go
Support Fast Charging
Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Unlocked Bootloader
Highly customizable

65k Negotiable"

too expensive
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Viktor1983(m): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
augster:
too expensive
He's asking for 50k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by augster(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2016
Viktor1983:
He's asking for 50k
good deal then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:22am On Sep 26, 2016
Viktor1983:
"

GSM / HSPA / LTE
GPU PowerVR G6200
32 GB, 3 GB RAM
13 MP Back Camera
Secondary 5 MP
Fingerprint Sensor
USB On-The-Go
Support Fast Charging
Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
Unlocked Bootloader
Highly customizable

65k Negotiable"

You will never regret it, great product.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:24am On Sep 26, 2016
40manlappy:

The Redmi Note 4 does not come with an amoled display, the only Xiaomi phone with amoled display right now is the redmi pro.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:58am On Sep 26, 2016
Wish i see MIUI ROM compatible with my Gionee M3mini
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akwunmi(m): 10:22am On Sep 26, 2016
NgcoboP:

hey have u tried MIUI 8? If nope then u missing alot already n wot bug are u talking about bro cos I can't find any that is disturbing my phone from working fine ...am on MIUI 8 beta currently n it's very OK 4me..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akwunmi(m): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2016
NgcoboP:

hey have u tried MIUI 8? If nope then u missing alot already n wot bug are u talking about bro cos I cant find any that is disturbing my phone from working fine ...am on MIUI 8 beta currently n it's very OK 4me..it's a whole new experience.try it now.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
akwunmi:
hey have u tried MIUI 8? If nope then u missing alot already n wot bug are u talking about bro cos I cant find any that is disturbing my phone from working fine ...am on MIUI 8 beta currently n it's very OK 4me..it's a whole new experience.try it now.
OK.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2016
Seriously miui 8 is very stable and is my best miui update till date, very smooth! Have tested the global rom and now on developer, so far its been sweet!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ahead of the Mi5S announcement tomorrow, Xiaomi announced that it has sold more than 2.3 million units of Redmi Note 3 in India. This makes it the bestselling smartphone in the country till now.

You can always get it from our store. Kulimart dot com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 3:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
My own is they should release a snapdragon version of either the Redmi Pro or Redmi Note 4

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2016
iheanyi4u:
My own is they should release a snapdragon version of either the Redmi Pro or Redmi Note 4

I can't see that coming most especially Note 4.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2016
KuliMart:

Download fastboot rom and flash using MI flash tool.
Gptech:

Obviously you are on Chinese rom, follow what KuliMart said, this link might be helpful http://en.miui.com/extra.php?mod=article/view&aid=234&mobile=no
Please.. After downloading the bootloader, will it be easy to unlock recovery?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 27, 2016
anyone in Lagos or akure who can help with my note 3 used to be stuck on the redmi logo tried to flash it using sp flash tool it didn't work out and even now it doesn't come on again just shows the red-light when charger is plugged in or connected to a pc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2016
xiaomi redmi note 2 battery new available for sale. pm me on *0*8*0*3*8*7*8*4*5*0*8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
The xiaomi mi max on kulimart is cheap im surprised with the price .... But its the 2gb ram why

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.