Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,335 members, 7,860,825 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:53 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9475028 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
KaBabs1:

Really? Na person wey advice me to buy am talk so
If you need the Glo 4G badly, then buy the Redmi note 3 pro SE, Bookiemart01 get 1 for sale grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Also do make you buy d normal transparent screen guard, this one u buy go soon pull off grin

Actually this one na full glass,not soft edges,it was the best we cud get at the time,so the quality is assured!! grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2017
noobody:

Actually this one na full glass,not soft edges,it was the best we cud get at the time,so the quality is assured!! grin
Oga, abeg make e still buy another one jare, that phone dey on high risk, because people nr go let am rest grin, I refuse to talk wetin I forsee lipsrsealed, just give am plenty screen guard ooo grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

We have been using miui 8 for a year now, and it's already almost obsolete grin.

I mean for Redmi series. Cos this one is still stuck on miui 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2017
Cheap $$$$$$ still avail for all ur orders,

Express delivery avail!!?

Contacts on signature!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KaBabs1: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

If you need the Glo 4G badly, then buy the Redmi note 3 pro SE, Bookiemart01 get 1 for sale grin.

LOL. No thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dgunnerz:
Finally ! My MI 6 is here.. MI 5 can rest at home now....

Thanks to noobody.. Still testing the beast! Make I pour water on it to test the splash resistant feature grin grin

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 2:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dgunnerz:
Finally ! My MI 6 is here.. MI 5 can rest at home now....

Thanks to noobody.. Still testing the beast! Make I pour water on it to test the splash resistant feature grin grin

No, Put in a bucket filled with water for 2 hours ....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Switch off the phone and get a backup phone for now to avoid further damage.
BN41 4100mAh Hongmi Note 4 Battery For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Battery Batterie Bateria With Free Tools
http://s.aliexpress.com/iIb6rYfi
(from AliExpress Android)

Bro did you ever order from this store?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochima75(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

Login to your mi cloud using a browser and see if your phone number is already attached to your profile

Thanks broo i don activate am... Na card e nid i jst loaded card na im e chop #50 den activated it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by optimised: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Then let's see what miui 9 has to offer.
RELEASE DATE/MONTH
1. MIUI 9

2. Redmi Note 5/pro

any idea sir ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Competition to Xiaomi Redmi 4X (in the looks department & specification) @ $60.00 less

https://www.igeekphone.com/uhans-note-4-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-clone-is-coming-at-60-less/

Wow, uhans is a respectable brand, they are serious minded unlike d Umi, ele, ule of this world. Hope d processor will be snap 625 also?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2017
morax101:

Please can you give me a link to download the nougat update? I really need to update my redmi4x too. Thanks

It's not something you'll want to experience because it is way too buggy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

Wow, uhans is a respectable brand, they are serious minded unlike d Umi, ele, ule of this world. Hope d processor will be snap 625 also?

Did you have to mention Umi ? Its MTK for the clone........ Umidigi still waxing very strong...... hope you read someone this morning complaining about his Naomi giving up the ghost during charging and become very hot, like the edge of the sun and blinking the red light, like a Christmas tree ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeinKampf: 2:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

Yes check YouTube on how to open the back cover. If the battery is swollen, then it's probably damaged and you'll need to get a new one. If it's not swollen, disconnect the battery from the phone and reconnect.

But if your pc can recognize your phone, leave it to charge for a long time then reflash
My PC doesn't recognize the phone and while watching YouTube I saw a magnetic material used to separate the battery, where can I get it. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeinKampf: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
Opistorincos:

It's not something you'll want to experience because it is way too buggy

Please what do you suggest I do to my note 4x MTK, the battery is down and the phone stopped charging the 2nd day I updated my firmware. How do I power the battery again or can it the charging port problem? The phone is less than 4 months
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
optimised:

RELEASE DATE/MONTH
1. MIUI 9

2. Redmi Note 5/pro

any idea sir ?
Mui 9 is on the 26th of this month.
Redmi note 5, don't expect it soon, like last quarter of this year.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
MeinKampf:

Please what do you suggest I do to my note 4x MTK, the battery is down and the phone stopped charging the 2nd day I updated my firmware. How do I power the battery again or can it the charging port problem? The phone is less than 4 months

There is a strong indication that it is as a result of the latest rom you just flashed. Check if your phone can be booted into the fastboot mode by pressing the volume(-) key and the power key together for a few seconds. If this doesn't work, you will have to remove the back of your phone in order to try it via testpoint
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2017
ollah1:

I mean for Redmi series. Cos this one is still stuck on miui 7
Yes na, all available Xiaomi phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whr ur own na?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
SnowJay92:

Bro did you ever order from this store?
Can't remember, why?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Yes na, all available Xiaomi phones.

You seem not to understand what I'm saying. The redmi 3 am talking about is stuck on miui 7 based on lollipop. It's yet to see miui 8, but you said it will be updated to miui 9.

So you mean it will skip miui 8 for miui 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Did you have to mention Umi ? Its MTK for the clone........ Umidigi still waxing very strong...... hope you read someone this morning complaining about his Naomi giving up the ghost during charging and become very hot, like the edge of the sun and blinking the red light, like a Christmas tree ?
lol, but it's fixed already na tongue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
ollah1:

You seem not to understand what I'm saying. The redmi 3 am talking about is stuck on miui 7 based on lollipop. It's yet to see miui 8, but you said it will be updated to miui 9.

So you mean it will skip miui 8 for miui 9
I mean there is miui 8 for your phone but you are the one who hasn't updated, am sure your rom is not official, so it's normal if you don't have updates notifications, let's see your rom.

Please screenshot your about phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by earthrealm(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
SO picked up my oneplus 5 6gb/64gb version, slate gray color.
order placed on 6th july 2017 in LDHY store, shipped on 8th of july, arrived nigeria on 18th july, local post office on 19th and i picked up today.
first impressions..the phone is sexxxxxxxyyy as hell..sleek , smooth , fast and responsive...far sleekier than the mate 9 -- bae is getting a lil envious. will take pics later to compare the 2 cameras

pic taken by my old samsung s5 duos

cc:lexusgs460

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

Can't remember, why?

I wanted to know if you're conversant with their shipping methods, n0obody helped me order the battery from them since the last month, yet to receive till now, they shipped using BPost and tracking information has been showing "Belgium, Departure to country of destination" since 6th July, I'm thinking I should have received it by now, or does departure not mean it shipped out to Nigeria on that 6th July? See the info I attached.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 3:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
If you are having issue with Network preference, instead of having to dial *#*#4636#*#* every other time, download MTK engineering app on Google Play store.
Just click Android Settings... Check attached screenshots below.

2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 3:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
earthrealm:
SO picked up my oneplus 5 6gb/64gb version, slate gray color.
order placed on 6th july 2017 in LDHY store, shipped on 8th of july, arrived nigeria on 18th july, local post office on 19th and i picked up today.
first impressions..the phone is sexxxxxxxyyy as hell..sleek , smooth , fast and responsive...far sleekier than the mate 9 -- bae is getting a lil envious. will take pics later to compare the 2 cameras
Chai! cry see oppression ooo! shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeinKampf: 3:20pm On Jul 20, 2017
Opistorincos:

There is a strong indication that it is as a result of the latest rom you just flashed. Check if your phone can be booted into the fastboot mode by pressing the volume(-) key and the power key together for a few seconds. If this doesn't work, you will have to remove the back of your phone in order to try it via testpoint

It can boot to fastboot mode but the issue is that the battery is empty. It can even power on but I dies immediately because the battery is on 0%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
SnowJay92:

I wanted to know if you're conversant with their shipping methods, n0obody helped me order the battery from them since the last month, yet to receive till now, they shipped using BPost and tracking information has been showing "Belgium, Departure to country of destination" since 6th July, I'm thinking I should have received it by now, or does departure not mean it shipped out to Nigeria on that 6th July? See the info I attached.
Ooo, had a similar experience with battery for Redmi note 3 pro, it took over a month, and seller used Greek post for shipping. I think there is something going on for them, shipping cells through Europe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
Gptech:

I mean there is miui 8 for your phone but you are the one who hasn't updated, am sure your rom is not official, so it's normal if you don't have updates notifications, let's see your rom.

Please screenshot your about phone.

It's not my phone actually but it says no updates available. It's presently on miui 7.3 stable.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:32pm On Jul 20, 2017
MeinKampf:

It can boot to fastboot mode but the issue is that the battery is empty. It can even power on but I dies immediately because the battery is on 0%
Just hoping the battery is not bad, you should have done something earlier before it went dead. Do as GrandMufti said, if it can't charge via USB, then open the phone, charge with desktop, and flash another rom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1246) (1247) (1248) (1249) (1250) (1251) (1252) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.