Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357697 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) (1256) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eanestca(m): 10:20pm On Jul 20, 2017
oribi:

global version

Year it's a global verson

Is the update worth the 1.5gig waste?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 10:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
delvinmaya:
Make una epp me. I keep seeing this symbol popping up in my notification on note 4. Abeg what is it please

That looks like WiFi hotspot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by delvinmaya(m): 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
eleojo23:

That looks like WiFi hotspot.

My WiFi is off, my hotspot is off even my GPS is off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
iliyande:

PostNL the fastest smiley
until dey send you to the ocean lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
eanestca:

Year it's a global verson
Is the update worth the 1.5gig waste?
except the update has dastic changes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
eleojo23:

I said earlier that this thread has contributed to the number of people who now shop on the site. I stand by that statement.

What is even so difficult to understand in the statement?

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

grin

My brother, laugh abeg.grin

My statement was very clear and simple so I no even know wetin dey difficult to understand there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
eleojo23:

My brother, laugh abeg.grin

My statement was very clear and simple so I no even know wetin dey difficult to understand there

Make una act some action film nau, i be viewer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

Look at the time...10.39pm
Not the right time for action film

*Where is my pillow sef? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please is there any thread for xiaomi redmi note 4?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2017
eleojo23:

Why u think say i wan watch action film? Because i took ur pillow grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 10:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
dhsfbi:
Please is there any thread for xiaomi redmi note 4?

No, we dissect it here. Any ish?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

Why u think say i wan watch action film? Because i took ur pillow grin
You can have the pillow I have found my spare Pillow which I hid under the bed.
I always have a plan B tongue grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
delvinmaya:
Make una epp me. I keep seeing this symbol popping up in my notification on note 4. Abeg what is it please
That's the symbol when your location has been locked. A reboot will remove it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2017
Benstino:
Nobody does it better than Noobody!. Quote me anywhere grin.
Received my Redmi Note 4,this morning in Anambra state.
please how long does it takes to get to Nigeria? And which site did you ordered from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2017
eanestca:
Hello guys

Please I have a Redmi 4x that am yet to update,
I have data but I need to know if it is worth it.
I just bought it New, yet to use it long to notice any bugs so I need your opinions.
Thanks

You only update if you notice a bug has been solved in the new update.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dhsfbi(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

No, we dissect it here. Any ish?
Not yet. I just ordered for the snapdragon version on GearBest on the 17th. Yet to be shipped out though, but just want to know more about the phone from those that have been using it for a while. I watched some review on YouTube, most complain of camera and speaker as the only cons and design, performance, battery and display as the pros.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olakunlae: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

Only The MEMT X5 is higher than 5k small. The remaining 2 fall under it, forget about wireless (wireless normally don't perform as good as wired plus u will need to be charging wireless)

So, anyone u choose will wow u, with your budget, choose between the Rock Zircon and MEMT X5

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by spartacus11(m): 10:58pm On Jul 20, 2017
princetom1:

prince na action movie u want Ba? buy ur movie ticket first

eleojo23:

dis kind time na horror film good ko, u and who wan come act am, becus me i nor dey oh grin grin grin

I'm wakaring away
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by casig: 11:11pm On Jul 20, 2017
Hi Friends. The picture below is a screenshot of something that keeps popping up on the screen of my Redmi Note 3 Pro. It's too frequent now and keeps disrupting my use of the phone. Can someone please explain to me how to stop it?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

Yes.
Question: An Xperian I've been trying to bring over to Xiaomi asked a bit of a technical question I need help with. He's now considering the RN 4 or 4x but the 4/64g SD version. Apparently he's been checking posts and videos online and is now conflicted. Says he's seeing that camera seems the only difference but wants to be well guided on any other techical differences since apparently his primary need is performance and optimum battery life. What do you suggest?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:18pm On Jul 20, 2017
casig:
Hi Friends. The picture below is a screenshot of something that keeps popping up on the screen of my Redmi Note 3 Pro. It's too frequent now and keeps disrupting my use of the phone. Can someone please explain to me how to stop it?

Settings * lock screen and password * advanced settings. Then turn off pocket mode.

It was very common in miui 8.1. I haven't noticed it on 8.2
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by casig: 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

Settings * lock screen and password * advanced settings. Then turn off pocket mode.

It was very common in miui 8.1. I haven't noticed it on 8.2
Thanks very much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
nabeans:

Question: An Xperian I've been trying to bring over to Xiaomi asked a bit of a technical question I need help with. He's now considering the RN 4 or 4x but the 4/64g SD version. Apparently he's been checking posts and videos online and is now conflicted. Says he's seeing that camera seems the only difference but wants to be well guided on any other techical differences since apparently his primary need is performance and optimum battery life. What do you suggest?

They use the same chipset and rom, so no noticeable difference in battery life. They both use Samsung and Sony sensors for their camera, so no one can be so sure of camera until you unbox it.

The note 4 has 2 additional LTE bands, (specifically band 20)

I suggest he goes for note 4.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

They use the same chipset and rom, so no noticeable difference in battery life. They both use Samsung and Sony sensors for their camera, so no one can be so sure of camera until you unbox it.

The note 4 has 2 additional LTE bands, (specifically band 20)

I suggest he goes for note 4.

Cool, thanks. I will pass that on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:10am On Jul 21, 2017
dhsfbi:
Not yet. I just ordered for the snapdragon version on GearBest on the 17th. Yet to be shipped out though, but just want to know more about the phone from those that have been using it for a while. I watched some review on YouTube, most complain of camera and speaker as the only cons and design, performance, battery and display as the pros.
We await your own take.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dgunnerz(m): 12:24am On Jul 21, 2017
spartacus11:

just like dat, nor let evans here oh, grin
ME self Evans grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oribi(m): 12:25am On Jul 21, 2017
casig:

Is it inside a pouch or casing?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 12:37am On Jul 21, 2017
GrandMufti:

What rom version are you on?
I jejely remain for my follow come 8.0.3 o, the last time I tried updating to 8.1.something wey my phone no gree reboot to start update, I just stayed on 8.0.3 since then, going to collect the RN4 SD tomorrow though

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:39am On Jul 21, 2017
hay2zed50:
I jejely remain for my follow come 8.0.3 o, the last time I tried updating to 8.1.something wey my phone no gree reboot to start update, I just stayed on 8.0.3 since then, going to collect the RN4 SD tomorrow though

Yes I remember grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochima75(m): 12:41am On Jul 21, 2017
smartty68:
The complains here about Xiaomi phones is really a turn off. Just hope I don't regret ever using that device because I placed an order today.

Hmmm....

Serious fight go dey for this thread if e no gimme wetin I want embarassed

No fones without complaints broo,u jst go 4 wat u want nd use it well
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hopy68(m): 12:43am On Jul 21, 2017
Finally my fone is back to life my battery no dey drain again thanks to @gptech for the solution and to the house too after a successful reset it stopped draining...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1250) (1251) (1252) (1253) (1254) (1255) (1256) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Justiceotuya(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.