Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9244532 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
jboixxx:
Hello xiaomi enthusiasts,
I've been trying to fund my AliExpress pocket for a while now but to no avail. Opened another account but same issues with d error message as seen in d screenshot below. Please, what should I do. The cc is taking eternity to fix this. Using GTB MasterCard. Account is well funded & active for Online transaction.
Kindly advise.
Cc: gptech, guente02, grandmufti, onj, etc
Just keep trying.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
Which RN3P global rom has better SOT and stability. Currently on 8.0.6.0 (LL).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 5:53pm On Jan 07, 2017
fibonacci2526:

Thanks have gotten the cases sorted out but I was actually referring to tempered glass, any perfect fit?

For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Tempered Glass 9H 2.5D Premium Screen Protector Film For 5.5inch Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/IVZjmAnE
(from AliExpress Android)

Make sure you choose the 2nd option with 152mm in the image

BTW which casing did you buy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dukeo(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

grin why did you single me out. I'm not sure which direction they are headed. They are facing global sales decline and Hugo Barra said they are now trying to consolidate they consumer electronics department. lipsrsealed

I believe you are more informed. The bolded proves it grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jakiedudu(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Where can I find fairly used Xiaomi phones in Nigeria? Am looking for Xiaomi Redmi Note prime or Xiaomi Redmi Note3 of not more than 6 months.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
guente02:
Which RN3P global rom has better SOT and stability. Currently on 8.0.6.0 (LL).

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lalassticlala: 7:18pm On Jan 07, 2017
guente02:

Do you have specifically an access bank account?
No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daseento(m): 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2017
rookidmart:

What bank?
What card?
It has to be a Visa or MasterCard, and you have to enable it for online transactions by changing/setting an Ipin with an ATM.

GTBank Master Card. I'm not sure if it's enable for internet transactions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by guente02(m): 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

Thanks but then again i see peeps complaining of bug here and there.
Seems theses updates implements new features and breaks lots of things in the process.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
The person wey dey design Xiaomi devices needs serious commendation..

Just had a peep at a leaked photo of the mi6 that's upcoming, and the design is just awesome..

Na the rumoured battery capacity just break my heart..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
guente02:

Thanks but then again i see peeps complaining of bug here and there.
Seems theses updates implements new features and breaks lots of things in the process.

Yes. Personally I feel they should just forget new features for now and clear the backlogs of bugs for the various handset models.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:21pm On Jan 07, 2017
Worksunlimited:
The person wey dey design Xiaomi devices needs serious commendation..

Just had a peep at a leaked photo of the mi6 that's upcoming, and the design is just awesome..

Na the rumoured battery capacity just break my heart..

I'm waiting for the price to drop grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

I'm waiting for the price to drop grin grin grin

Lolz.. You sef.

The battery break my heart...

Wanted to join the mi series league buh noticed their battery dey below interest.. It and the redmi series..

Na wetin make me settle for the top of the redmi note series..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Lolz.. You sef.

Wanted to join the mi series league buh noticed their battery dey below interest.. It and the redmi series..

Oh! I thought it's rumored to be 4000Mah?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

Oh! I thought it's rumored to be 4000Mah?

It's rumoured to be below 3000mah..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:47pm On Jan 07, 2017
Worksunlimited:

It's rumoured to be below 3000mah..

Bad market
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:12pm On Jan 07, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Lolz.. You sef.

Hope you are aware that flagships are equipped with better chipsets and are generally better optimised for low battery consumption? I hope the rumour is not true but the mi5 for instance with 3000mah out performs the Redmi note 4 with 4100mah battery. Don't just compare numbers, like the way some people compare a 4gig ram Helio P10 device with a 3 gig ram S820 device-they actually think the P10 is better because of the higher ram embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
bily:

For Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Tempered Glass 9H 2.5D Premium Screen Protector Film For 5.5inch Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Prime Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/IVZjmAnE

Make sure you choose the 2nd option with 152mm in the image

BTW which casing did you buy?

Thanks. This was what I ordered for and I hope it also fits well. Paid for shipping too.

Transparent Gradient Color TPU Phone cases for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro SE special edition 152mm Official Global Version Glass
http://s.aliexpress.com/aMriemu2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aeu1: 9:19pm On Jan 07, 2017
aeu1:
House, I ordered Redmi 3s from geekbuying on 13/11/16 and eventually pick it today from the Post Office.
However after booting it on, it indicated "No SIM"
I discovered the following:
- SIM not detected
- WiFi not working. Switches off immediately after being switched on.
- Bluetooth not functional.
- FM Radio not working
- Invalid IMEI - when I tired checking.
- No sound. Only vibration.
- Fast battery drainage
- The MUMI has 5 digits - vendor installation is likely here.
Please can this be attributed to software or hardware ?
What is the next step to take - pls help a brother here.
I communicated with geekbuying customer care. Find the correspondence attached. It is good to intimate them about this development in case one runs into a hitch.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 9:22pm On Jan 07, 2017
Gptech:

Hope you are aware that flagships are equipped with better chipsets and are generally better optimised for low battery consumption? I hope the rumour is not true but the mi5 for instance with 3000mah out performs the Redmi note 4 with 4100mah battery. Don't just compare numbers, like the way some people compare a 4gig ram Helio P10 device with a 3 gig ram S820 device-they actually think the P10 is better because of the higher ram embarassed

Calm down.. Never said anything like that.. Heard alot bout the snapdragon processors.. And how power efficient they are..

As far as i have read, it is said that the x20 chipset is generally better than the s652 buh not a match for the s820..

Based on reviews and all. Buh in terms of been power efficient the x20 is no match due to the presence of more cores.

However the mi6 is coming with a snapdragon octacore based on rumors.. And its shipping with a less than 3000mah battery.

What say you about that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Calm down.. Never said anything like that.. Heard alot bout the snapdragon processors.. And how power efficient they are..

As far as i have read, it is said that the x20 chipset is generally better than the s652 buh not a match for the s820..

Based on reviews and all. Buh in terms of been power efficient the x20 is no match due to the presence of more cores.

However the mi6 is coming with a snapdragon octacore based on rumors.. And its shipping with a less than 3000mah battery.

What say you about that?
That's generally evil news grin. Though the chipset will generally be less power hungry, meaning if the rumour turns our to be real, the mi6 will likely have similar slightly better, or slightly worse battery performance as the mi 5. I wonder what these manufacturers are trying to prove sometimes, why not make the battery even bigger, say like 3500mah together with the good chipset? That way we will easily get an endurance of over 110 hours, but no, they will never do it! They want us to keep buying angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
aeu1:

I communicated with geekbuying customer care. Find the correspondence attached. It is good to intimate them about this development in case one runs into a hitch.
Flash official rom and lets see what happens next, am positive its a software glitch.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:02pm On Jan 07, 2017
Gptech:

That's generally evil news grin. Though the chipset will generally be less power hungry, meaning if the rumour turns our to be real, the mi6 will likely have similar slightly better, or slightly worse battery performance as the mi 5. I wonder what these manufacturers are trying to prove sometimes, why not make the battery even bigger, say like 3500mah together with the good chipset? That way we will easily get an endurance of over 110 hours, but no, they will never do it! They want us to keep buying angry

Lolz.. Very true..

The mi series rarely have battery capacities reaching 4000mah.. Same goes for the redmi series.. At least not until recently..

Why they do what they do, i really don't know..

Even meizu that was proving to be knocking off Xiaomi at a point seem to have lost their hold on the Nigerian market, due to people like u and i venturing into the Xiaomi world lately; for one, as well as their refusal to up their battery capacity to suit the Nigerian mskeet

It's generally a rule in marketing to always keep the customer hungry and dissatisfied..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2017
daseento:

GTBank Master Card. I'm not sure if it's enable for internet transactions.
You'll have to visit any bank Branch on Monday to register for internet banking.
You might have to get a token for a token of ~2k.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 10:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
rookidmart:

You'll have to visit any bank Branch on Monday to register for internet banking.
You might have to get a token for a token of ~2k.

Let him add the card to his aliexpress account first and the order will go through
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vheeki(f): 4:31am On Jan 08, 2017
hello please how does the app discount work? can you use a new app on an old account or it has to be an entirely new acct?
Ps: the old acct already runs on the app.

cc quivah

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:58am On Jan 08, 2017
vheeki:
hello please how does the app discount work? can you use a new app on an old account or it has to be an entirely new acct?

cc quivah

You'd have to open a new account and you can then sign out of your current account on your app and use the new one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 5:48am On Jan 08, 2017
vheeki:

cc quivah

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 7:07am On Jan 08, 2017
Gptech:

you are very correct, I notice this on my sister's HTC 10,more than 48hrs on heavy usage and the funny thing is that the battery is just 3000mAh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reediano(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2017
jakiedudu:
Where can I find fairly used Xiaomi phones in Nigeria? Am looking for Xiaomi Redmi Note prime or Xiaomi Redmi Note3 of not more than 6 months.

I have a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 3/32gb for sale.....

Still new, .. pack and every other things intact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 7:54am On Jan 08, 2017
Gptech:

Hope you are aware that flagships are equipped with better chipsets and are generally better optimised for low battery consumption? I hope the rumour is not true but the mi5 for instance with 3000mah out performs the Redmi note 4 with 4100mah battery.

Don't just compare numbers, like the way some people compare a 4gig ram Helio P10 device with a 3 gig ram S820 device-they actually think the P10 is better because of the higher ram embarassed

Correct.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reediano(m): 8:00am On Jan 08, 2017
write2obi:

This is the major issue here, unavailability of service centers or repair parts , many fear they could be stuck with a useless device if anything should happen to their phone.

After sale service... Yes..

But availability of parts, I tend to diagree.

You can get some of the parts on AliExpress

(1) (2) (3) ... (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: itzneek(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.