Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,231 members, 7,836,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357309 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
Elxandre:

Just asking sir.
Ok, you guys on stable are missing sha grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

I think it's working now, on default browser at least.

For the start tab, enable all 3

For the host tab, enable both options and deny all host files.

For the app tab, enable 'show system apps' , click on the settings icon and select 'no apps'.

For the end tab, leave it all unchecked.

Then click on the refresh button at the top right, and then start the app.

Gsmarena normally displays ad at the beginning and end of articles. It's gone now. Same thing with trackit site

Works for Firefox and Chrome but doesn't block adverts for all d apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

For the app tab, enable 'show system apps' , click on the settings icon and select 'no apps'.

Gsmarena normally displays ad at the beginning and end of articles. It's gone now. Same thing with trackit site

An older dog can still teach this young puppy new tricks ...........

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
isco10:

Works for Firefox and Chrome but doesn't block adverts for all d apps

Yes. But you don't really need it for Firefox, just chrome and other browsers without proper adblock. Only my social media apps and utility apps (like adm and utorrent) are allowed to access the Internet. That way, I get to minimize the ads
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 2:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
freebuddy:

Yeah I just noticed it. Running Android 5.1

This is Sept 2017, I can't recommend any device running less than Android 6.0 especially if you will be spending >33K. Just my opinion.

Oh well, that's for the OS. I think other features should be in sink with the price.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:03pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

An older dog can still teach this young puppy new tricks ...........

Lexusgs430:

Haba Oga, DNS66 has some options that are not checked or turned on, by default. simply open all the cylinders.......

No other download is required ......

wink you got that wrong
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

Yes. But you don't really need it for Firefox, just chrome and other browsers without proper adblock. Only my social media apps and utility apps (like adm and utorrent) are allowed to access the Internet. That way, I get to minimize the ads
Does Firefox ve inbuilt ads block!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sannies(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
[quote author=sannies post=60088035]Good morning my people. I have a 3weeks old Xiaomi Redmi note4 32G/3G. Mtk for sell. Interested person should message me.
Still available
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
isco10:

Does Firefox ve inbuilt ads block!

No it doesn't have inbuilt ad blocker. But it supports ad block extension, just like we have in most desktop browsers. You do that under settings and you're good to go. The best extensions are ublock origin and adblock plus.

Alternatively, just download adblock browser. It has inbuilt adblock. It has a similar interface as Firefox .

Firefox focus by Mozilla does a similar job, but the last time I used it, you can't bookmark pages.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 2:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

wink you got that wrong

It works for me, ads are blocked. Except mobdro & livenettv
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

It works for me, ads are blocked. Except mobdro & livenettv

You allowed both apps to bypass dns66?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

You allowed both apps to bypass dns66?

They are not bypassing..... But some apps in that section are opened to bypass....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
Lexusgs430:

They are not bypassing..... But some apps in that section are opened to bypass....

Ok then. You can try adding adguard's host file to the list. smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

Same report here. The zombies are all gone. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2017
please I want to ask if any update is done on rn4x will it affect the camera and battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

No it doesn't have inbuilt ad blocker. But it supports ad block extension, just like we have in most desktop browsers. You do that under settings and you're good to go. The best extensions are ublock origin and adblock plus.

Alternatively, just download adblock browser. It has inbuilt adblock. It has a similar interface as Firefox .

Firefox focus by Mozilla does a similar job, but the last time I used it, you can't bookmark pages.

Yes. It's premised on online anonymity. I think I even prefer it over Tor that requires one to download a collateral app for it to work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
nabeans:

Same report here. The zombies are all gone. Thanks.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
nabeans:

Yes. It's premised on online anonymity. I think I even prefer it over Tor that requires one to download a collateral app for it to work.

Yes. Coupled with the fact that Tor slows down your browsing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2017
GrandMufti:

Where would I get d ublock origin or adblock plus, playstore?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
surely22:
Lexusgs430
Thanks Pal . Problem of Ads Sloved. smiley
Ignorance is Bliss.
Can u share the final setting that work for you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bboyZ: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
Jst passing tongue grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2017
isco10:

Where would I get d ublock origin or adblock plus, playstore?

No. If u have Firefox installed on ur phone, then
Press 3 dots top right * Tools * Add-on * Browse all firefox add-ons, then search 4 ublock abd adblock plus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
bboyZ:
Jst passing tongue grin

Lol which phone is this
bboyZ:
Jst passing tongue grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
saky18:

Can u share the final setting that work for you.

Here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 5:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
bboyZ:
Jst passing tongue grin

Is that Android 8.0 I'm seeing?? Or is just Faking.

Biko what phone is that? ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by meks007(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
Joered63:

I'm a heavy user o, I mean if I'm not playing games, I'm watching movies or browsing. But I have not checked my SOT , I only check the battery percentage used per hour whilst using the phone. For movies about 23 hours, for demanding games like NBA 2k17 it lasts about 10 hours, but for less demanding games it will last longer, and when browsing on 3G it uses 4% an hour. Another thing is that the battery strength seems to be consistent at every stage unlike my former phone which appears to last longer from 100-50% than from 50-0%. But I can assure you that you will not complain about battery on this device plus the device doesn't heat up at all

Mi max 2 would have been the perfect device for me if it had like 5.7 - 6” display. 6.4" is kinda too big. I get the feeling it would be difficult to fit into a pocket...one thing I envy so much about the phone though it's battery life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amlos007(m): 5:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
Porting from redmi 3s to nexus 6..want a new feeling... Already despatched since 26/08...hoping .... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 5:21pm On Sep 04, 2017
amlos007:
Porting from redmi 3s to nexus 6..want a new feeling... Already despatched since 26/08...hoping .... grin

Porting to stock Android and battery life may not be at par with the 3s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by earthrealm(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
thebigkendo:
&ebubemg

Try "sure universal smart TV remote" on playstore.. i use it to control all my IR-devices.. Forget the smart TV in the name, it is universal

will try and see, does your work on any airconditioner?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amlos007(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
nabeans:

Porting to stock Android and battery life may not be at par with the 3s
battery difference isn't a problem for me... Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by thebigkendo(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2017
earthrealm:

will try and see, does your work on any airconditioner?

Yeah it works for my samsung & LG airconditioner

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2017
Cheap dollar still very much available.

Aliexpress shipping and Express shipping available

(1) (2) (3) ... (1536) (1537) (1538) (1539) (1540) (1541) (1542) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zenith4biz(m), mercky1(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.