Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (1897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200434 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrReeseG(m): 9:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
MrReeseG:
Okay.. So why isn't any earpiece working with my mi max 2? As in I've tried 3 different ones and it's not even seeing it...

Other phones are seeing them tho

Edakun, e epp me o

Make una epp una brother now.. cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2017
adeniyilamlek:
note 3 he mention had earpiece and speaker problem dat is why d guy sold it at that price dont mind him
unfortunately, this kind of clause wouldn't be brought to the fore, na the cheap price dem go dey shout upandan

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
Protein0:
unfortunately, this kind of clause wouldn't be brought to the fore, na the cheap price dem go dey shout upandan
E even too cheap for dat amount, how much to change both? men! dat na really sweet deal oooo, Ebubemg, how much you change your speaker that time?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
grinface98:
Please i need the link to the MIUI 9 and what is the size?
Check the compilation link on my signature. Be informed that MIUI 9 is about 1.5GB. the size you saw earlier is for weekly Dev ROM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
MrReeseG:

Make una epp una brother now.. cry
I dey get the feeling say u never shook the earpiece enter well, shook am tight inside, na stereo port e get
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2017
grinface98:
Pls i need the link to it
Just wait for official update, e go come really soon to your device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:
The stock browser don return to the normal fluid state since after last week update, cc jboixxx.
Boss me, you're right. I just miss the feature of tagging an object as advert. It's available on MIUI 8.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:46pm On Nov 07, 2017
jboixxx:

Boss me, you're right. I just missed the feature of tagging an object as advert. It's available on MIUI 8.
Dem go likely add am later, naim make am b developer rom, so much experiment grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2017
Mckandre:
thanks will do that smiley
Please, post the steps to root and instal TWRP here for others to benefit.
Cc: Dmedalion
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:48pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

Dem go likely add am later, naim make am b developer rom, so much experiment grin.
I pray dem add am sooner o. I de miss that feature.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrReeseG(m): 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

I dey get the feeling say u never shook the earpiece enter well, shook am tight inside, na stereo port e get

If I shook am pass as e be so, I sure say na for the phone to "cum" (break) na him remain... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

Just wait for official update, e go come really soon to your device.
Thanks. But what about those that are still on MIUI 8.2? Are they going to receive the MIUI 9 directly or they must first update to 8.5 before getting the MIUI 9?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2017
grinface98:
Thanks. But what about those that are still on MIUI 8.2? Are they going to receive the MIUI 9 directly or they must first update to 8.5 before getting the MIUI 9?
They must update to the latest miui 8 before they can get the notification.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:05pm On Nov 07, 2017
MrReeseG:

If I shook am pass as e be so, I sure say na for the phone to "cum" (break) na him remain... grin
U sure so? Nr fear grin. I don see ppl with similar situation ooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrReeseG(m): 10:06pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

Me wey dey 8.5 never see any update fah.. Abi them never release for us? Still checked while connected to my office WiFi today
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
MrReeseG:

Me wey dey 8.5 never see any update fah.. Abi them never release for us? Still checked while connected to my office WiFi today
E go surely reach u.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrReeseG(m): 10:07pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

U sure so? Nr fear grin. I don see ppl with similar situation ooo.

Wetin come be solution baba?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:09pm On Nov 07, 2017
MrReeseG:

Wetin come be solution baba?
If u get auxiliary cable with 3.5mm jack, use am test am, otherwise, ready for factory reset. Or u fit snap the earpiece after u insert am for d phone? To clear our doubts.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wheezyoung(m): 10:11pm On Nov 07, 2017
Dmedalion:

Font : Concon Light
ROM : MiUipro 7.11.2
abeg share font pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

E even too cheap for dat amount, how much to change both? men! dat na really sweet deal oooo, Ebubemg, how much you change your speaker that time?
I bought it 2300 and change it buy myself
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Goodnuel: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

You can try poweramp or black player.
If what you meant is that the music stops playing after a while in the background, then it's as a result of miui optimisation, it kills apps running in the background after sometime to save ram. You can either turn off miui optimisation for the player or lock it while in use, let's hear from your end wink.
Yes.. The music stops after playing for a while in the background, how do I turn it off??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tqsmile: 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
paulmarkino:

I have disturbed here since yesterday but I did try something. I boot the phone into recovery mode then wipe data and reboot the phone.

Hallelujah! Everything is now working. Am just monitoring it. Earphone and Bluetooth working. Just restored my backups

Congratulations, Boss. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
Ebubemg:

I bought it 2300 and change it buy myself
Thanks boss, I wish I fit see such deal really.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
Goodnuel:
Yes.. The music stops after playing for a while in the background, how do I turn it off??
Ok, do this instead. Go to settings - Battery - Manage aops's battery usage - choose apps - select the music player (or any other app you don't want to be stopped at the background) - no restriction.

Alternatively, locking the app is a faster way of doing it, just tap the multi task button, and swipe the app down to lock it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

Ok, do this instead. Go to settings - Battery - Manage aops's battery usage - choose apps - select the music player (or any other app you don't want to be stopped at the background) - no restriction.

Alternatively, locking the app is a faster way of doing it, just tap the multi task button, and swipe the app down to lock it.

Better still.. Switch off miui optimization
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:30pm On Nov 07, 2017
Worksunlimited:

Better still.. Switch off miui optimization
Hehehehe, no want am to go that side, because this suppose dey enough grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 10:36pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

Hehehehe, no want am to go that side, because this suppose dey enough grin.

kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 10:50pm On Nov 07, 2017
(Guide) How To Flash TWRP Recovery And Root Your Xiaomi Device With SuperSU.

Before you get here, you must have your phone's Bootloader Unlocked. If you haven't, kindly refer to the link on my signature.

Download the latest SuperSu zip file
HERE for Xiaomi devices.

Now, the steps:

First and foremost, grab your PC. Your device must be recognized. Be sure you have Xiaomi USB Drivers properly installed in your PC,

OEM Unlock and USB Debugging activated in your phone ( Settings-About Device-MIUI Version-Tap Continuously for about 7times to enable Developer Options-Locate Additional Settings-Developer Options-Activate OEM Unlocking-Activate USB Debugging)

Download the latest TWRP Recovery for your Xiaomi Device. The latest version is TWRP 3.1.1-0.
HERE

NOTE: Download the exact TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 for your Xiaomi Device. Failure to do this, will lead to bricking your device.

Rename the downloaded file to 'recovery.img' without the perentessis.

Move the recovery.img to the same file where the ADB was installed in your PC. ( It should be on Computer-> C: -> Adb )

Open the ADB folder

Press and hold the shift key and right click in the folder

Click on the option "Open Command Window Here"

Boot your device on fastboot mode by turning it off, pressing Power and the Volume Down buttons together, and then connect it with an original USB Cord to your PC.

First type this command "fastboot devices" to check if your device is into fastboot mode

Enter the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Enter the command "fastboot boot recovery.img"

Your phone is now in TWRP recovery mode. grin

In Recovery, Select Install and scroll to where the downloaded 'SuperSu.zip' is in your phone.

Confirm by swiping right to flash.

Reboot your device

Don't be scared if your device bootloops or doesn't boot immediately. Most times it needs 15 to 30 seconds to boot completely.

Now, you have successfully Flashed TWRP Recovery And Rooted Your Xiaomi With SuperSU. grin

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2017
GrandMufti:

E no go better say I smash am against the wall? grin

grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 11:08pm On Nov 07, 2017
Gptech:

What if I download the update manually and place it into the proper folder, then go to updater app and update it there?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochasky23(m): 11:18pm On Nov 07, 2017
This is what I get trying to manually update to miui9.

ROM is in a beta testing, make sure you have signed in with a beta authorised xiaomi account.

Help!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mourtayo(m): 11:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
I received my phone yesterday courtesy of Mr. Noobody cheap dollars. The guy is trust personified. In fact you can deposit 1m with him and be rest assured your money is safe. Look forward to doing more business soon most especially on 11.11

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1894) (1895) (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TrebleChamp(m), Prechy2836(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.