Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200297 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 1:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mckandre:
right now its the receiver nd the speaker, honestly i dont know how xiaomi could place such delicate component in the most frequently used port in the phone.
Both receiver and speaker failed the test?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mckandre:
the metal inside the earphone jack port came out with the earphone pin and i just noticed now it has also affected the speaker, i cant even listen to music again without an earphone. just saying since its still under warranty.

Warranty only covers factory defects, and not user induced damage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gptech:

Both receiver and speaker failed the test?
only the speaker just started working now but it still shows the receiver nd speaker has failed the test, honestly i dont understand anymore bro, shouldn't the CIT test explain accurate result?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2018
GrandMufti:

Warranty only covers factory defects, and not user induced damage
i think I'll approach nd present the matter as factory defect.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mckandre:
i think I'll approach nd present the matter as factory defect.

A highly disappointing decision to say the least

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
Do you guys ship only from China?
I intend purchasing some items from Amazon, US. Is that possible? What's the rate and estimated time of delivery?

noobody, protein0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:51pm On Jan 05, 2018
GrandMufti:

its a factory fault since such delicate component shouldn't be left exposed to external object knowing fully well that the earphone jack frequents the port. u know what? let me inform the seller nd see how it goes, if it isn't under warranty.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
Is this temperature normal?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mckandre:
only the speaker just started working now but it still shows the receiver nd speaker has failed the test, honestly i dont understand anymore bro, shouldn't the CIT test explain accurate result?
Reboot and do the test again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2018
seyema:
Is this temperature normal?
Unless you are in a hot environment.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:31pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mckandre:
its a factory fault since such delicate component shouldn't be left exposed to external object knowing fully well that the earphone jack frequents the port. u know what? let me inform the seller nd see how it goes, if it isn't under warranty.

Accept the fact that you damaged your phone and move on! How hard is it for us humans to face reality?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Pharmizzy(m): 2:38pm On Jan 05, 2018
GrandMufti:

Accept the fact that you damaged your phone and move on! How hard is it for us humans to face reality?

Sometimes I fear aliexpress sellers will simply decide to stop shipping to Nigeria all together because of these sort of thing undecided ... Pple find it easy to take advantage of d seller without being considerate
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
Pharmizzy:

Sometimes I fear aliexpress sellers will simply decide to stop shipping to Nigeria all together because of these sort of thing undecided ... Pple find it easy to take advantage of d seller without being considerate

Baba I weak o. On top how much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 2:44pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gptech:

Unless you are in a hot environment.
See it's not stopping ooo

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gptech:
This year should be interesting as regards pricing, the price of the Nokia 6 2018 makes the Redmi 5 plus looks abit expensive in Xiaomi's standard. The only way now is price cut, and if there will ever be a Redmi note 5, it can't afford to use less than the Snapdragon 630, and must be priced lower than the Nokia 6. Can't wait for the price drop to begin, make I go climb tree dey observe cheesy.
nokia 6 2018 is officially priced higher wen compared to xiaomi redmi 5 plus na.. abi am nt getting u properly ni
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilmonarch(m): 2:56pm On Jan 05, 2018
seyema:

See it's not stopping ooo
screenshot your battery use. I think some/an app is draining your battery shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gptech:
This year should be interesting as regards pricing, the price of the Nokia 6 2018 makes the Redmi 5 plus looks abit expensive in Xiaomi's standard. The only way now is price cut, and if there will ever be a Redmi note 5, it can't afford to use less than the Snapdragon 630, and must be priced lower than the Nokia 6. Can't wait for the price drop to begin, make I go climb tree dey observe cheesy.

But the nokia 6 cost pass the redmi 5plus na?

32gb 230$
64gb 260$

Nd retailers go still add there own oo grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
ollah1:
Do you guys ship only from China?
I intend purchasing some items from Amazon, US. Is that possible? What's the rate and estimated time of delivery?

noobody, protein0

Come to whatsapp,i av trusted people who can help u run it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
GrandMufti:

i wont cos m careful pson and also it won't cost the seller any extra to fix since it won't be done by them but xiaomi, besides do u ve any idea that u paid for that warranty when purchasing an electronic product? most especially the ones with warranty attached to it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adeniyilamlek(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
organism3:
my used MI max prime is available for sale.
if u r interested u can whatsapp or call, 08051815079.
I'm based in Ibadan.
NO FAULT, IM JUST SELLING TO COMPLETE SCHOOL FEES.
ur number not reachable
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboy01(m): 3:05pm On Jan 05, 2018
I want to order a mifi on Aliexpress, one seller will use China post registered airmail and the order will use Singapore post. They both have positive customer comments from Nigerians. Which carrier mode is more efficient now from the two carriers? I will only buy from the one that use the more efficient carrier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
noobody:

32gb 230$ 64gb 260$
ya head dey dere...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:07pm On Jan 05, 2018
gidieberry:
nokia 6 2018 is officially priced higher wen compared to xiaomi redmi 5 plus na.. abi am nt getting u properly ni
At around $260 it's priced almost similarly as Xiaomi phones running s625, people will be tempted to spend more and get the Nokia instead of Xiaomi unless Xiaomi widens the price difference. Of course the price of the Nokia will be a bit higher than the official; when you consider that it runs on snapdragon 630 compared to the miserly s430 of the previous edition, you'll appreciate the price. If Xiaomi releases a device running snapdragon 630, with the current pricing of devices like the Mi 5x that runs S625, what do you think it will cost? Difference won't be much with the Nokia logically. So how is Xiaomi going to sell such device?-to cut costs of older ones or simply cease to manufacture them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:13pm On Jan 05, 2018
noobody:

32gb 230$
64gb 260$

Compare the price and the processor of the previous one na, also you know say the 64gig of Mi 5x cost around that same $260 before. Retailers price nr go too much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2018
GrandMufti:

Na Naija na, we abuse every damn process. So if I buy a phone at slot and I use my hand spoil am albeit mistakenly, dem go repair am for me abi? Issokay.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:19pm On Jan 05, 2018
gidieberry:
Yes you are not getting me, not comparing the Redmi 5 plus head ty head with the Nokia 6, it's the pricing. I can't even compare with the Mi 5x, because the Nokia has a better hardware, maybe later we will know about the camera performance. Am just wondering and hoping that Xiaomi cuts down prices of current devices to make way for newer ones because the Nokia 6 is actually decently priced wink.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:22pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gptech:

At around $260 it's priced almost similarly as Xiaomi phones running s625, people will be tempted to spend more and get the Nokia instead of Xiaomi unless Xiaomi widens the price difference. Of course the price of the Nokia will be a bit higher than the official; when you consider that it runs on snapdragon 630 compared to the miserly s430 of the previous edition, you'll appreciate the price. If Xiaomi releases a device running snapdragon 630, with the current pricing of devices like the Mi 5x that runs S625, what do you think it will cost? Difference won't be much with the Nokia logically. So how is Xiaomi going to sell such device?-to cut costs of older ones or simply cease to manufacture them.
lets start from here bro, at dt 260 usd price dt u suggested, xiaomi configuration will be 4gb/64gb even wif retailers adding dia own jara to it.
choosing btw nokia by hmd and xiaomi redmi series is up to buyers n criteria u set 4 yasef. having a product dt cost 260 usd like mi a1 even wif its snap 625 to me is more preferrable to dis nokia 6 '18... d diff btw snap 625 n 630 is negligible....
make xiaomi annouce redmi note 5 wif d speculated snap 632 first..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:25pm On Jan 05, 2018
Gptech:

Yes you are not getting me, not comparing the Redmi 5 plus head ty head with the Nokia 6, it's the pricing. I can't even compare with the Mi 5x, because the Nokia has a better hardware, maybe later we will know about the camera performance. Am just wondering and hoping that Xiaomi cuts down prices of current devices to make way for newer ones because the Nokia 6 is actually decently priced wink.
as far as i am concerned xiaomi phones are price fairly compared to wt dey are given to the end user.. dis nokia 6 '18 at d base configuration shud nt b more dn 200usd....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
gidieberry:
as far as i am concerned xiaomi phones are price fairly compared to wt dey are given to the end user.. dis nokia 6 '18 at d base configuration shud nt b more dn 200usd....

Exactly. We have been used to the low cost of Xiaomi phones that we think any slight increase in prices is uncalled for. These people are in it to make profit.

The note 5 with sd632 is rumoured to retail @$250 for the highest configuration. With all due respect to Nokia, India which is the main business hub of Xiaomi will snap up any redmi or mi devices before taking a second look at Nokia.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Na Naija na, we abuse every damn process. So if I buy a phone in slot and I use my hand spoil am albeit mistakenly, dem go repair am for me abi? Issokay.

Na so grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 3:33pm On Jan 05, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Exactly. We have been used to the low cost of Xiaomi phones that we think any slight increase in prices is uncalled for. These people are in it to make profit.

The note 5 with sd632 is rumoured to retail @$250 for the highest configuration. With all due respect to Nokia, India which is the main business hub of Xiaomi will snap up any redmi or mi devices before taking a second look at Nokia.
well said... kindly ans dis for me
xiaomi redmi 5 plus base config 3/32gb official msrp 145 usd
n anoda xiaomi redmi 5 plus same config as d above bt wif snap 630 official msrp 170 usd.... which one u go pick
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
gidieberry:
Naaa, you still don't get it, Xiaomi is the king of pricing don't get me wrong, just happy Nokia is pricing reasonably well with this, of course Xiaomi have no option than to price even better, it's the only way to survive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2189) (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olavincentus, TrebleChamp(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.