Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,827 members, 7,862,726 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:31 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9488713 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2017
toluwanimi07:
I never knew it was[b] so easy to flash official Roms like that ... Guys una no need computer or anything very easy stuffvs..[/b]
By the way mi max camera

grin grin grin e go soon shock you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
write2obi:

Don't worry it has left China, just that you can't track it outside China . Received this item today
OK buddy, ur post is reassuring. Going by the days it took yours to be delivered, I shd be looking at, latest, 10/02. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

Shock ke Toluwanimi07, easy o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

for what bro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2017
jboixxx:
Shock ke Toluwanimi07, easy o
bro i no know oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Damoxy(m): 8:04pm On Jan 27, 2017
write2obi:

Don't worry it has left China, just that you can't track it outside China . Received this item today
Aw did u know it has arrived Naija.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2017
haryourdayG:
Here:

the rom on ya phone is not official global rom, it is a vendor rom...to explain futher, official global miui roms actually take this format 8.x.x.x instead of the present one which is 8.x.x.x.x....and for fuda verification check this page en.miui.com/extra.php?mod=rom/download&r=309&mobile=no...the latest ofical global rom for mtk variant of redmi note 4 has this build no V8.0.4.0.MBFMIDG.....if yu wish to flash the official rom on ya phone which will enable you recieve OTA, i cn guide on that....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amadika(m): 8:19pm On Jan 27, 2017
jboixxx:
Your shipped item via China post small packet plus carrier took how many days to delivery? I av 2 items with them since 04/01 and still haven't left China!

I ordered on 23rd Dec and on 9th January using China post small packet. Picked them up today. Although one was ready for pickup 2 days ago
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 8:21pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

Some Vendor roms on redmi 4 series and note 4 now update to official global stable
... if the rom on the phone that a reseller is selling is an official global rom or official china rom, you will recieve OTA updates and u cn upgrade ya fone with a recovery rom.....bt if the rom is a shop rom, OTA updates cnt b recived and recovery rom wunt work...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 8:25pm On Jan 27, 2017
How effective is the Chinese new year on ordered product because things cheap now & there's uncertainty about my location next three weeks, can my friend/family pick it up for me @ d post office?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
amadika:

I ordered on 23rd Dec and on 9th January using China post small packet. Picked them up today. Although one was ready for pickup 2 days ago
Thanks. Thats abt 3-4weeks delivery time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:28pm On Jan 27, 2017
willian10:
How effective is the Chinese new year on ordered product because things cheap now & there's uncertainty about my location next three weeks, can my friend/family pick it up for me @ d post office?
Just give ur proxy authorization note to NIPOST. That's all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:42pm On Jan 27, 2017
gidieberry:
... if the rom on the phone that a reseller is selling is an official global rom or official china rom, you will recieve OTA updates and u cn upgrade ya fone with a recovery rom.....bt if the rom is a shop rom, OTA updates cnt b recived and recovery rom wunt work...

Check 15 pages before this or so, some vendor/shop roms updated to official global rom

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/187#52934935

Cc

Dam5reey
Loveme
Paxziano
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willian10: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
jboixxx:

Just give them authorization note to NIPOST. That's all.
Thanks bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

Check 15 pages before this or so, some vendor/shop roms updated to official global rom

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/187#52934935

Cc

Dam5reey
Loveme
Paxziano
bros, don't get this mixed up, if u unboxed ya fone and after checking the rom version, if the rom is official you can actually upgrade ya fone via OTA, downloading the rom and using the updater app or flashing through official recovery....bt if you try any of these method with a shop rom, the updater app will not verify the rom it is that simple....i dnt have to argue futher
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
gidieberry:
bros, don't get this mixed up, if u unboxed ya fone and after checking the rom version, if the rom is official you can actually upgrade ya fone via OTA, downloading the rom and using the updater app or flashing through official recovery....bt if you try any of these method with a shop rom, the updater app will not verify the rom it is that simple....i dnt have to argue futher

Oga those people I quoted bought their phones with shop rom and they updated to official global rom through updater app. I still don't know how their shop roms were able to verify the update, but somehow it worked. It's a mystery you have to accept.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2017
gidieberry:

Calm down, it will verify using Wi-Fi... And update...
Even the seller dont know this.. grin
After doing it I asked the seller see screen shots below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

Oga those people I quoted bought their phones with shop rom and they updated to official global rom through updater app. I still don't know how their shop roms were able to verify the update, but somehow it worked. It's a mystery you have to accept.
i av heard u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
It's true. I bought a Redmi 4 Prime with vendor Rom, but I was able to update it to global rom without any special effects. Used the updater after downloading the global rom and it worked...easily.

Guys, can I place an order now? Want to get the Mi 5 Prime from Dreami. Any objections as to the Chinese holiday and delays in shipping?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2017
Dam5reey:

Calm down, it will verify using Wi-Fi... And update... Even the seller dont know this.. grin After doing it I asked the seller see screen shots below
i have heard u likewise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lovexme:
It's true. I bought a Redmi 4 Prime with vendor Rom, but I was able to update it to global rom with any special effects. Used the updater after downloading the global rom and it worked...easily.

Guys, can I place an order now? Want to get the Mi 5 Prime from Dreami. Any objections as to the Chinese holiday and delays in shipping?
i guess mayb because the phone has a snapdragon cpu caus if u actually check official miui forum, mediatek variant of xiaomi redmi note 4 users can only flash from a shop rom to official rom using a fastboot rom with Sp flash tool, after this process then you can upadte ya rom using updater app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
gidieberry:
i guess mayb because the phone has a snapdragon cpu caus if u actually check official miui forum, mediatek variant of xiaomi redmi note 4 users can only flash from a shop rom to official rom using a fastboot rom with Sp flash tool, after this process then you can upadte ya rom using updater app

Probably it's the snapdragon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
Dam5reey:

Calm down, it will verify using Wi-Fi... And update... Even the seller dont know this.. grin After doing it I asked the seller see screen shots below
Ordered yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primeson1(m): 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2017
toluwanimi07:
@primeson1 that's the lockscreen bro

Thanks Bro. Downloaded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 9:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lovexme:

Ordered yet?
bro u sef wan switch to flagship im gonna order mi5s soon too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:52pm On Jan 27, 2017
toluwanimi07:

You keep ordering phones that you'll never use grin grin this time na your gf go take am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:54pm On Jan 27, 2017
toluwanimi07:

Yes o lol. Don't have enough spare cash now, would have considered the Mi Mix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

You keep ordering phones that you'll never use grin grin this time na your gf go take am
lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

shuu dats harsh bro nawa oh ...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
Guys, kindly help me out. Between Mi5 and Mi Max which is better? I love the 6inch and over 4000mah battery of Mi Max but i'm also attracted to Mi5 820 snapdragon but battery is 3000+ which fell below my expectations. Please which of these phones had a upper hand on the other?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
GrandMufti:

at least dat na because we gather moni get dat 1 buh dis 1 even fire cant take it from me except God
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 10:08pm On Jan 27, 2017
ABMC:
Guys, i kindly help me out. Between Mi5 and Mi Max which is better. I love the 6inch and over 4000mah battery of Mi Max but i'm also attracted to Mi5 820 snapdragon but battery is 3000+ which fell below my expectations. Please which of these phones had a upper hand?
if u have enough cash bro u can get the mi max pro prime 4gb 128gb version ... The performance would be close if u aren't a too heavy user .. buh sd 820 in the mi5 is still a beast

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SlawG and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.