Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9207231 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dante4845: 5:33am On Feb 04, 2018
fibonacci2526:

There are official global roms for both devices right now, do you have the said device now?

Yes i hav it.. i can only see china rom on dia official site for 5 plus. But thr is global for redmi 5 only

http://en.miui.com/getrom-340.html?m=yes&mobile=2

Flashin is not d problem, i juz dont wana open d fone to flash it.. duno if i can flash official global on it wit bootldr locked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:29am On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Yes i hav it.. i can only see china rom on dia official site for 5 plus. But thr is global for redmi 5 only

Flashin is not d problem, i juz dont wana open d fone to flash it.. duno if i can flash official global on it wit bootldr locked
Simply tell seller you want the official Chinese rom if you are scared.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princekhan007: 8:13am On Feb 04, 2018
Hi
everyone

Visit the below and find Xiaomi Smartphones coupon codes.

https://gadgetsdg.com/coupons-xiaomi-smartphones-exp-28-feb/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dante4845: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2018
Gptech:

Hw do u mean? U mean d seller to give me d chinese rom version of d fone or juz d rom file?

I'm planin to flash d chinese dev rom via edl mode, unlock d bootldr n install twrp so i'll be ready for custom roms.

If i go for china dev rom, will installin google play add google services or wat else do i install?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Hw do u mean? U mean d seller to give me d chinese rom version of d fone or juz d rom file?

I'm planin to flash d chinese dev rom via edl mode, unlock d bootldr n install twrp so i'll be ready for custom roms.

If i go for china dev rom, will installin google play add google services or wat else do i install?
Tell the seller to only flash latest China Dev ROM or leave the factory installed ROM as it is.

When you install GooglePlay, other services would be provided, I believe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 11:14am On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Dude slow down.
Before you start thinking about flashing everything 'flash-able', make sure there is continuous development for your said device. The Redmi 5+ is still a very late comer and as such, development is still in the early stages.
Check XDA for development on the Redmi 5+.
I will advice you'd be patient till the device gets better recognition.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 11:47am On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Make dem do bring global fr 5 plus
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Just landed!! The super amazing Rock zicron earpiece,

Call/whatsap:07051054953 to pick urs now,very limited stock avail.

Cheers

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fabuloski(m): 12:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
noobody:

Cheers
pls i want to buy leecoo le s3 and it is very expensive becos i only budgeted less than #45k for it. so can you pls help me with a lesser price link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dukeo(m): 1:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
frebor:

The update works fine here.

One other thing I noticed is that QC2.0 has been enabled on the Redmi 4x after the update.

Battery charges faster (if you use a QC2.0 charger) and last well too.

Performance has been smooth also

QC 2.0, seriously? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Fabuloski:

pls i want to buy leecoo le s3 and it is very expensive becos i only budgeted less than #45k for it. so can you pls help me with a lesser price link?

What $$$ conversion rate you are using?
As regards links,i dont have any cheaper link sir,

Cheers?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
frebor:

The update works fine here.

One other thing I noticed is that QC2.0 has been enabled on the Redmi 4x after the update.

Battery charges faster (if you use a QC2.0 charger) and last well too.

Performance has been smooth also

My phone even warms up when data is switched on... Did u do a factory on ur phone after the update

Pls, what is ur SOT on this new update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Gptech:

Hi... Just got the QKZ G6 wireless Bluetooth.... was trying to press the on button when it broke.. any solution/s please. Please if you know any nice Bluetooth earphone (just for one ear) and not curved.... Pls helep out too

Nb.... Can still hear sounds from the other bud though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Don't panic, the phone comes with Chinese rom from the factory, you can flash China developer rom on it through the updater app without the need to unlock bootloader. Tell the seller he shouldn't flash any rom on it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
Cassie74:

Hi... Just got the QKZ G6 wireless Bluetooth.... was trying to press the on button when it broke.. any solution/s please. Please if you know any nice Bluetooth earphone (just for one ear) and not curved.... Pls helep out too

Nb.... Can still hear sounds from the other bud though
Don't think there is anything you can do to fix the broken button. You can just let the seller know what happened, just in case.....

What do you mean by not curved earpiece?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 3:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lexusgs430:

African Express? Where did you see African Express?

In an email gearbest sent. African Express is a priority shipping option.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dante4845: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
Gptech:

Don't panic, the phone comes with Chinese rom from the factory, you can flash China developer rom on it through the updater app without the need to unlock bootloader. Tell the seller he shouldn't flash any rom on it.

The fone is already wit me for more dan a week nw.. it came wit fake global rom, i heard som pips bricked their fones wen dey updated wit d updater app..

Duno if i download d recovery dev rom n flash it via recovery after wipin data n factory reset will be fine..

Juz wana put official rom n unlock d bootloader cos i read on miui forum dat d fake rom wont unlock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fritz007(m): 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
noobody:

Cheers

Price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 5:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
Gptech:

Don't think there is anything you can do to fix the broken button. You can just let the seller know what happened, just in case.....

Like something like this....

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 5:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
Gptech:

Tried to talk to the seller when protection was running out.... that I haven't seen the earphone but I was answered by automated machine twice. Got to find out later a lot people had the same issue....about him not answering. Was fortunate to get the earphone after protection ran out. Not about to waste my time trying to talk to him again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

The fone is already wit me for more dan a week nw.. it came wit fake global rom, i heard som pips bricked their fones wen dey updated wit d updater app..

Duno if i download d recovery dev rom n flash it via recovery after wipin data n factory reset will be fine..

Juz wana put official rom n unlock d bootloader cos i read on miui forum dat d fake rom wont unlock
Nai be say me de wahala too.. Cos d asshole dreami store don flash mine too wd dat fake rom.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Chai.. U don check ur unlock status to c if ur bootloader de unlocked? Cos dat go be d only way outta dis shit..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
Fritz007:

Price

4k sharp wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
KEEP TELLING ME CAN'T LOAD IMAGE, I av tried all the available recovery image for Redmi note 4x, rename all to recovery.img and twrp.img, none is working .... ANYONE IN LAGOS and it's environ that can help me flash the recovery will be appreciated...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Which store did you buy the phone? Was it global rom they wrote on the advert? Screenshot or share the link of the order
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 8:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
GrandMufti:

Which store did you buy the phone? Was it global rom they wrote on the advert? Screenshot or share the link of the order

Na all d stores mata.. Dere is no official global rom for redmi 5 plus. Only china rom..
So they usually install unofficial rom and when you try to update via OTA u r dead cheesy cheesy. Ur fone go jus hard brick..
Go online u wl see complain.
D only wey to fix it is to open d fone back and do testpoint so u can enter edl mode
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
lavenderjade:

Na all d stores mata.. Dere is no official global rom for redmi 5 plus. Only china rom..
So they usually install unofficial rom and when you try to update via OTA u r dead cheesy cheesy. Ur fone go jus hard brick

I know, I have a reason for asking. If it's global rom they advertised and the seller used a vendor rom, then he has a case and can open a dispute.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
dante4845:

Then use the phone as it is for now, until you get more feedback from people. Meanwhile, were you notified that a fake rom will be flashed by the seller?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
GrandMufti:

I know, I have a reason for asking. If it's global rom they advertised and the seller used a vendor rom, then he has a case and can open a dispute.

I read in miui forum of someone who opened a dispute wd video showing aliexpress team. The unofficial rom.. The stil sided wd d seller.
Reason that d buyer might have been d one dat flashed it cheesy cheesy cheesy..

My dear dat case hard to win
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
Gptech:

Then use the phone as it is for now, until you get more feedback from people. Meanwhile, were you notified that a fake rom will be flashed by the seller?

Like mine.. It was after d seller despatched mine 2 days later he was telling me its unstable.. They wont even let you know at first.

He sent me a video on how to avoid OTA so i wont encounter problem..
I guess d brickland

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
lavenderjade:

Like mine.. It was after d seller despatched mine 2 days later he was telling me its unstable.. They wont even let you know at first.

He sent me a video on how to avoid OTA so i wont encounter problem..
I guess d brickland
Open dispute when it arrives, forget wetin ppl talk for miui forum.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
Cassie74:

Tried to talk to the seller when protection was running out.... that I haven't seen the earphone but I was answered by automated machine twice. Got to find out later a lot people had the same issue....about him not answering. Was fortunate to get the earphone after protection ran out. Not about to waste my time trying to talk to him again
Well, this was an unfortunate incident, if it came broken then that robot would have been made to refund you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
sirdammy92:
KEEP TELLING ME CAN'T LOAD IMAGE, I av tried all the available recovery image for Redmi note 4x, rename all to recovery.img and twrp.img, none is working .... ANYONE IN LAGOS and it's environ that can help me flash the recovery will be appreciated...

Your fastboot files and the twrp image have to be in C: folder

Not in a sub folder

You open the fastboot with elevated privileges to flash. ......

Or just use mi flash tool .

T

(1) (2) (3) ... (2311) (2312) (2313) (2314) (2315) (2316) (2317) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tudy, shedy03(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.