Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9478944 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gucciboss:

It is for all but they did recommend only chat app.
What purpose will two xender app serve?

Sometimes it may be useful for other apps.

I use it to manage 2 apps from the same bank on my phone, which I wouldn't be able to do without the dual apps cos banks usually lock their app to a device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gucciboss:

I will say 3gb 64gb since Xiaomi uses one SIM slot for SD card.
I regretted not buying the 64 gb version of Mi max
bro their flagship doesn't come with memory slot think i ll go for the 3gb 64 then
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 12:38pm On Jan 29, 2017
mike234:

Thanks Gucciboss. I am actually considering the redmi pro for the fflg reasons.
Fm radio
Smaller screen and better dpi.

So u think it will be good buy coz i'm using a redmi 3 pro right now with lower dpi
It a good phone at least from the reviews I saw online. If you okay with mediatek processor, go for it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 12:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
toluwanimi07:
bro their flagship doesn't come with memory slot think i ll go for the 3gb 64 then
Better
gidieberry:

if dt z wat z gonna take to enlighten n to friend sum1 up, dts y evi1 z here, to make fwens n learn sumthin
Hmm that's helpful sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2017
For those of us who like to keep things simple, not a fan of miui big icons and are not crazy about too much of customisation, I would recommend Microsoft's arrow launcher.

Simplicity and productivity at its best wink

Also improves battery life compared to miui launcher

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
Please house I ordered a phone from AliExpress on the 17th of this month and my goods was shipped on the 19th and I tracked it on the 20th and it's saying your item is pre_advised and up till now that's what I am seeing each time I track it. Please house what does it mean? The carrier is POSTNL.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 1:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
bily:
For those of us who like to keep things simple, not a fan of miui big icons and are not crazy about too much of customisation, I would recommend Microsoft's arrow launcher.

Simplicity and productivity at its best wink

Also improves battery life compared to miui launcher
That's what I use.
Can I see all your apps?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mike234: 1:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gucciboss:

It a good phone at least from the reviews I saw online. If you okay with mediatek processor, go for it

Thanks BOSS! Will order for it right away.

@Toluwanimi... Thank you sir!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 29, 2017
pat077:
Please house I ordered a phone from AliExpress on the 17th of this month and my goods was shipped on the 19th and I tracked it on the 20th and it's saying your item is pre_advised and up till now that's what I am seeing each time I track it. Please house what does it mean? The carrier is POSTNL.

it means seller have informed postnl the courier service about shipping your product but it hasn't gotten to them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 1:19pm On Jan 29, 2017
Is it a must all new users must face issues when loading there alipocket??want to open anoda account already,am fed up with aliexpress tight rules

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
kazzonline:

How exactly,pls kind state a detailed process,i tried scanning,nothing happend,please how did you scan yours?

I used the scanner app on my 4 Prime.

P
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gucciboss:

What exactly do you mean? Write down you problem in details.
I mean it switches back to 2g whenever i'm on H+..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 1:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
dustmalik:

Is it the Visa AfriCard? If it is, the last time I checked, Visa Africard has some outrageous charges, though I don't remember the rates exactly.

By the way, how is it funded, in naira or dollars?

Did you find out the exact naira to dollar rate?

I have funds in the visa africard but they always refuse to honour any transactions from the card. So contacted CC and they suggested i get a dollar prepaid card or open a domic account but i have to source for the dollar at the parallel market to fund the acct. UBA is 322/$ and there is also bank charges for every one thousand naira transaction.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Otu7(m): 1:54pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gptech:

Redmi note 4, 2gig ram, 16gig rom available for 55k.
pls were re u based? & also how long hav u bn using it & wots d state of d device?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Worksunlimited: 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
toluwanimi07:
bro kindly read what i said again i said the heliox20 is more powerful based on its 14nm buh d redmi note 3 SE has more support

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
ABMC:

I have funds in the visa africard but they always refuse to honour any transactions from the card. So contacted CC and they suggested i get a dollar prepaid card or open a domic account but i have to source for the dollar at the parallel market to fund the acct. UBA is 322/$ and there is also bank charges for every one thousand naira transaction.
So, even the dollar prepaid card would require you source dollars from parallel market? If so, I suggest you stick to Access Visa card and Gtb naira Mastercard, because sourcing for dollars would cost you more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2017
proffnico:
I mean it switches back to 2g whenever i'm on H+..
Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQfujTonl4

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
mike234:

Thanks BOSS! Will order for it right away.

@Toluwanimi... Thank you sir!
ypu welcome bro so which re u ordering for
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 2:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
ABMC:

I just got an $8 coupon valid till 4 febuary, pls how would i upload the image to the store?
How did you get the $8 coupon?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 2:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
pat077:
Please house I ordered a phone from AliExpress on the 17th of this month and my goods was shipped on the 19th and I tracked it on the 20th and it's saying your item is pre_advised [/b]and up till now that's what I am seeing each time I track it. Please house what does it mean? The carrier is POSTNL.
That's normal your next update should be [b]" The item is at the PostNL sorting center
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2017
dustmalik:

So, even the dollar prepaid card would require you source dollars from parallel market? If so, I suggest you stick to Access Visa card and Gtb naira Mastercard, because sourcing for dollars would cost you more.

No, you only source for dollar to fund your domicillary account.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pat077: 2:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
write2obi:

That's normal your next update should be " The item is at the PostNL sorting center
does that mean the item is still yet to be shipped?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABMC(m): 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
dustmalik:
How did you get the $8 coupon?
Download aliexpress app on any smartphone and open a new user's account
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by proffnico(m): 2:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gucciboss:
Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQfujTonl4
now locked on WCDMA.. Thanks boss.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by write2obi(m): 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2017
pat077:
does that mean the item is still yet to be shipped?
Screen shot the tracking page, to get a more accurate answer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 2:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
ABMC:

No, you only source for dollar to fund your domicillary account.
So the prepaid card has nothing to do with Dom account? Is it Visa or MC?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
proffnico:
now locked on WCDMA.. Thanks boss.
That's how we roll here cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
Dam5reey:

Mi5 is a flagship... Remember Mi max is an upgrade of Redmi note 3 pro.. With better battery and bigger screen nothing more

Mi5 is better in every other department, processor is flagship, camera one of the best, battery is 3000mah that is standard.. Capacity at the moment.

Abeg Mi5 and Mi max are not in category
Seconded! It's an insult to mi5 to be compared with mi max. Flagship versus midrange. Talking of flagship, even the 3000Mah of mi5 is almost on par with the 4850mah of mi max.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vheeki(f): 2:43pm On Jan 29, 2017
Brand new redmi 4 prime for sale at an affordable price. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by solarenergy: 2:52pm On Jan 29, 2017
vheeki:
Brand new redmi 4 prime for sale at an affordable prijce. grin

How much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2017
Gucciboss:

I will say 3gb 64gb since Xiaomi uses one SIM slot for SD card.
I regretted not buying the 64 gb version of Mi max
Next time don't even buy the 64gig version, buy the 128gig version, or wait for the 256gig version or wait for the 512gig version, or........ grin. Bros remember our needs are insatiable, but na money at hand dey usually help us decide. Why not just get a dual USB flash drive for you phone, and store most of those rarely used files there? wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
Otu7:
pls were re u based? & also how long hav u bn using it & wots d state of d device?
Phone is as good as new, no scratch at all, about 2 months old, but seems owner already struck a deal late last night, will quote you or modify after contacting him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: okosisi360 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.