Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9244895 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ochima75(m): 1:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Leke data haffa u get data?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 1:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
Contacts on Redmi 4x takes a long time to open. This started after installing the latest update. Please who has experienced this and what is the solution?
Noobody, GrandMufti, Gptech, fibonacci2526, Protein0, jboixxx and other bosses please help.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yungscribe: 1:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
noobody:

which store,or whats the item?
And yes you didnt do mistake in the address,must be the seller playing pranks,
Screenshot the nipost tracking,and show the seller,if you get no response,open dispute.

Cheers smiley

finally got the package. Nipost returned it back to lagos from Jos. Thank God i didnt open dispute yet, only contacted the seller and he offered to resend the package but i have notified him that the package has been received and no need to resend. Thanks guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
GrandMufti:

I heard 10ft, but I don't know how you arrived at the measurements grin

You're arguing with the person that made the video about what he said in his own video. There's nothing someone won't see on this thread.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
Got 2 new update for my package yesterday. What does this one mean?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
henry007:

Some phones have survived drops like that in the past. It's not unusual to me. In fact, i dropped an iphone 5 from 3 floors and only screen protector cracked. I just got lucky. It's not for people to try at home tho.

Seen Redmi Note 5 drop test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8mPkf6Obf4

And there are times phone go just drop from ur stool or bed, and before u know it, ur phone screen is a gunner grin grin grin

There are times one gets lucky with such, but it's always good to take precautions so as to avoid stories that touch the heart.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2018
muyibabs:
Contacts on Redmi 4x takes a long time to open. This started after installing the latest update. Please who has experienced this and what is the solution?
Noobody, GrandMufti, Gptech, fibonacci2526, Protein0, jboixxx and other bosses please help.

Though am on Miui9 v9.2.3.0, I started experiencing same issue yesterday. Really don't know the cause yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:22pm On Feb 22, 2018
Mastarcard:

Dude i said 3ft and 6ft.. No one said 10ft..

No mention,no quote,yet you knew exactly where them dey discuss ur matter for nairaland

Wehdone sir grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
yungscribe:

finally got the package. Nipost returned it back to lagos from Jos. Thank God i didnt open dispute yet, only contacted the seller and he offered to resend the package but i have notified him that the package has been received and no need to resend. Thanks guys

You welcome boss,

That is what we are here for,

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
alosbaba007:

I got my mi max from India tru a former colleague of mine from flipkart in 2016 seems network in india are d same with naija all 4G LTE works except u know who . lol nw am testing Airtel on Band 3 on my mi max. And another guy from my office got a LeEco fone too from flipkart from d same guy nd no issue with network.

This is interesting,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2018
Holuwaxheun:

And there are times phone go just drop from ur stool or bed, and before u know it, ur phone screen is a gunner grin grin grin

There are times one gets lucky with such, but it's always good to take precautions so as to avoid stories that touch the heart.

It's even that one that I doubt coz I've never experienced it grin

Although I've seen a fake replacement Lumia 525 screen get damaged with just a key dropping on it, it didn't crack. Just stopped working. Too many fake screens in computer village. I've never cracked my phone screen before. So strange.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
muyibabs:

I would have sugggested you do a factory reset after a new software update,but you have to make provisions for back up and setting up ur device from scratch,
If you can do that,give us the feedback lets know if it works.

Cheers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 2:28pm On Feb 22, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Buh who dey buy am sef, saw the note C2 for $99 and that's the 4/64gb configuration. Dem don dey cast small small. You better leave that sinking ship.

How good is this particular device though? I have someone who might be interested going by the specs and price

Cc Lexusgs430
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

How good is this particular device though? I have someone who might be interested going by the specs and price

Cc Lexusgs430

Honestly,for that price,it is not a bad device at all,
If i was in d market for such,i wud def consider it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
grin grin grin

Happy clients cool

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
muyibabs:

If you updated through Ota, download the full and flash manually
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2018
yungscribe:

Did u contact NIPOST?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
henry007:

You're arguing with the person that made the video about what he said in his own video. There's nothing someone won't see on this thread.

You need to enroll for a comprehension class. Or ask those preparing for waec to help you out

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NigeriaBam: 2:55pm On Feb 22, 2018
Biggest Sale Ever in the history of India..

Introducing #RedmiNote5 and #RedmiNote5Pro. Here’s a quick look at the specs –

Redmi Note 5 – India’s all-rounder
5.99” FHD+ display
Full-screen display
12MP rear camera
LED selfie light
Snapdragon 625
4000 mAh battery
Colors – Black, Gold, Rose Gold & Lake Blue
Starting INR 9,999 (= 55,498.86 NGN)

Redmi Note 5 Pro – India’s camera beast
5.99” FHD+ display
Full-screen display
Snapdragon 636
12MP + 5MP rear dual camera
20MP front camera with LED selfie light
Face unlock
4000 mAh battery
Colors – Black, Gold, Rose Gold & Lake Blue
Starting INR 13,999 (= 77,560.06 NGN)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
GrandMufti:

You need to enroll for a comprehension class. Or ask those preparing for waec to help you out

Some john ceena shiii shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2018
NigeriaBam:
Biggest Sale Ever in the history of India

Loool

This is just the begining,history wud be made in 2018 again,

Xiaomi owns the midrange market in india,

Even if samsung claims dey r still on d top spot,

But we all know xiaomi is king..

Headache go start to dey worry competitors now embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
noobody:

Some john ceena shiii shocked

E think say every comment na argument angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 3:01pm On Feb 22, 2018
noobody:

I would have sugggested you do a factory reset after a new software update,but you have to make provisions for back up and setting up ur device from scratch,
If you can do that,give us the feedback lets know if it works.

Cheers
GrandMufti:

If you updated through Ota, download the full and flash manually

Thanks for the suggestions. The owner is a lady who would not like to go through the process of setting up her phone afresh. Moreover, I read a post online of someone who did a reset and the problem persisted. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
Funny times. There's this box I have always wanted to buy on Aliexpress. I have ordered 3 times.

* The first time, the seller gave me a wrong tracking number, refunded me but insisted that he really sent mine. Lol scammer

* The second time, from another seller, NIPOST sent the package to Abuja (or Jos I think)

* I bought another one this month and NIPOST rerouted it to Surulere.

Adon taya ó
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:04pm On Feb 22, 2018
noobody:

Loool

This is just the begining,history wud be made in 2018 again,

Xiaomi owns the midrange market in india,

Even if samsung claims dey r still on d top spot,

But we all know xiaomi is king..

Headache go start to dey worry competitors now embarassed

Oppo and Huawei used to be direct competitors some 3-4 years ago. How they allowed xiaomi to now control the midrange market segment is beyond me. At least competition is good for us consumers grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
Funny times. There's this box I have always wanted to buy on Aliexpress. I have ordered 3 times.

* The first time, the seller gave me a wrong tracking number, refunded me but insisted that he really sent mine. Lol scammer

* The second time, from another seller, NIPOST sent the package to Abuja (or Jos I think)

Adon taya ó

grin

Maybe that item wasn't meant for you in the first place. If na through bank you pay, try get your money back and use it to sow seed in someone's life
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 3:07pm On Feb 22, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Adon taya ó

That box is not meant to be yours

Forget about it and move on...grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 3:08pm On Feb 22, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Cc Lexusgs430

If camera clarity is not on the person's list, it's a good and well priced device......
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
muyibabs:

Thanks for the suggestions. The owner is a lady who would not like to go through the process of setting up her phone afresh. Moreover, I read a post online of someone who did a reset and the problem persisted. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next update.

The manually flashing will not reset the phone. You can also try rebooting several times or wait for the next update as you suggested. But she should read the update changelog to be sure it's solved in the next update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2018
GrandMufti:

Oppo and Huawei used to be direct competitors some 3-4 years ago. How they allowed xiaomi to now control the midrange market segment is beyond me. At least competition is good for us consumers grin

Exactly,competition is excellent sef,xiaomi knew what indians wanted,xiaomi delivered thats the key,
Read up.the leaks specs of the mi max 3 today,mehn that wud be anoda banger grin

The year na,woku wo gbe,wo daran grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2018
noobody:

Exactly,competition is excellent sef,xiaomi knew what indians wanted,xiaomi delivered thats the key,
Read up.the leaks specs of the mi max 3 today,mehn that wud be anoda banger grin

The year na,woku wo gbe,wo daran grin

grin grin the max series keeps getting better

(1) (2) (3) ... (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) (2394) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.