Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9194751 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2750) (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:10pm On May 03, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
Nice video by Unbox Therapy about how smartphone industry is heading towards a saturated level thereby reducing consumers' need to update their device every given year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kllbOrLfoo

Smartphone shipment from China in Q1 2018 reduced by the largest margin for Q1 of any year since 2013. Only Huawei (2%) and Xiaomi (37%) recorded increased shipments

Can't speak for the outside world but i don't think this would change the purchasing habits of Nigerians in any way.

Smartphone shipment can't be the yardsticks, there are manufacturing plants springing up in several other countries now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sanandreas(m): 2:12pm On May 03, 2018
wolfenstein:

through Google �
Is that the name on playstore? Didn't find google camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:16pm On May 03, 2018
mrsheddy:
I need xiaomi phone with at least

Android 8.0, 4000AMH, battery, 1.9GHZ or above, 16mp front and back camera, and other goodies on top

Price range should be 60-70k

Check price list na, where your money reach, just buy. You would get 3300mAh battery that lasts like 4000mAh in the Redmi 5.

If i had 60-70K, i won't buy a Xiaomi phone coz i can't deal with MIUI as my primary device but that's just me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 2:25pm On May 03, 2018
henry007:

Check price list na, where your money reach, just buy. You would get 3300mAh battery that lasts like 4000mAh in the Redmi 5.

If i had 60-70K, i won't buy a Xiaomi phone coz i can't deal with MIUI as my primary device but that's just me.
Which phone would you prefer, with that budget. I'm interested.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:37pm On May 03, 2018
lanre316:

Infinix hot s3 of course tongue, abi I lie henry007? grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:42pm On May 03, 2018
lanre316:

Gptech:

Infinix hot s3 of course tongue, abi I lie henry007? grin.

No oh, i would chill for Camon X Pro ....the phone has this prestige feeling that i don't quite get with Xiaomi Phones + that camera is too much for the price. cool

No one should come for me o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:56pm On May 03, 2018
henry007:

No oh, i would chill for Camon X Pro ....the phone has this prestige feeling that i don't quite get with Xiaomi Phones + that camera is too much for the price. cool

No one should come for me o.
Naaa, nor worry, we know say dis na sarcasm grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 2:57pm On May 03, 2018
Dmedalion:
Black Panther Blu-ray Finally Here

Abeg, knack me link! Abeg. Your garri will not pour for gutter
Abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:58pm On May 03, 2018
Meanwhile, after first quarter, Xiaomi is 4th largest manufacturer on earth, pricing I think is the key here. https://www.gsmarena.com/strategy_analytics_xiaomi_4th_largest_smartphone_manufacturer_world-news-30833.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluxa1(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2018
toluxa1:
New Discounted Sale.

New Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
3GB/32GB
Black
N48,000

2. New Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
6GB/64GB
Black
N170,000.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluxa1(m): 2:59pm On May 03, 2018
toluxa1:
New Discounted Sale

New Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
3GB/32GB
Black
N48,000

2. New Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
6GB/64GB
Black
N170,000.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pussymoneyweed(m): 3:32pm On May 03, 2018
Please, I order a Xiaomi redemi note 4 since April 6, by tracking it shows that the phone has been despatched to the country code (NG) since April 17 and since then whenever I check it, it is still on despatched to country code (NG). I am tired, it is up to a month now and I am confused, cause it is possible for the phone to have gotten to Nigeria with out updating on the tracking site?
Message the seller, he his telling me I should visit the local post office or I should check the custom cause sometime the percel met be with them. I visited the local post office it wasn't there. Abeg has anybody experienced this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:34pm On May 03, 2018
pussymoneyweed:

Please, I order a Xiaomi redemi note 4 since April 6, by tracking it shows that the phone has been despatched to the country code (NG) since April 17 and since then whenever I check it, it is still on despatched to country code (NG). I am tired, it is up to a month now and I am confused, cause it is possible for the phone to have gotten to Nigeria with out updating on the tracking site?
Message the seller, he his telling me I should visit the local post office or I should check the custom cause sometime the percel met be with them. I visited the local post office it wasn't there. Abeg has anybody experienced this?

To be fair this is abnormal but at times your item might take up to a month after despatched to over seas. You got to hang in there and wait it out though it is damn frustrating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 4:28pm On May 03, 2018
@Nobody, please, I want to buy p20 or p20 pro through you in the immediate coming weeks... please how much?
I'm also interested in the mix 2, but is there no any other configuration lesser than the 6/64?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 03, 2018
i live at Zamfara state, how can i get the redmi note 4[quote author=toluxa1 post=67201320][/quote]
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:56pm On May 03, 2018
Yeye people grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 5:09pm On May 03, 2018
GrandMufti:
Yeye people grin
lol.. one gig will be 200mb be that oh
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2018
I lost a mobile phone just recently in similar circumstances. Mine was Singapore post. The last tracking update was on March 5th, that the item was on the way to Nigeria. Since then no update. I contacted them, they said they had handed it to my Nigeria post office. No tracking details to show that happened.
fibonacci2526:

To be fair this is abnormal but at times your item might take up to a month after despatched to over seas. You got to hang in there and wait it out though it is damn frustrating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2018
I piece of Xiaomi redmi 5 plus available at the moment. Some people already indicated interest but the first to make payment gets the deal. It's the 64gb version, global rom and it goes for 67k. Contact me on 08062907289 if interested.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2018
macbeyland:
I lost a mobile phone just recently in similar circumstances. Mine was Singapore post. The last tracking update was on March 5th, that the item was on the way to Nigeria. Since then no update. I contacted them, they said they had handed it to my Nigeria post office. No tracking details to show that happened.

My Singapore tracking last date says "handed over to airline" on March 24.

Are you saying it's lost? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elouise: 6:11pm On May 03, 2018
kstan:
(Guide) How To Flash TWRP Recovery And Root Your Xiaomi Device With SuperSU.

Before you get here, you must have your phone's Bootloader Unlocked. If you haven't, kindly refer to the link on my signature.

Download the latest SuperSu zip file
HERE for Xiaomi devices.

Now, the steps:

First and foremost, grab your PC. Your device must be recognized. Be sure you have Xiaomi USB Drivers properly installed in your PC,

OEM Unlock and USB Debugging activated in your phone ( Settings-About Device-MIUI Version-Tap Continuously for about 7times to enable Developer Options-Locate Additional Settings-Developer Options-Activate OEM Unlocking-Activate USB Debugging)

Download the latest TWRP Recovery for your Xiaomi Device. The latest version is TWRP 3.1.1-0.
HERE

NOTE: Download the exact TWRP Recovery 3.1.1-0 for your Xiaomi Device. Failure to do this, will lead to bricking your device.

Rename the downloaded file to 'recovery.img' without the perentessis.

Move the recovery.img to the same file where the ADB was installed in your PC. ( It should be on Computer-> C: -> Adb )

Open the ADB folder

Press and hold the shift key and right click in the folder

Click on the option "Open Command Window Here"

Boot your device on fastboot mode by turning it off, pressing Power and the Volume Down buttons together, and then connect it with an original USB Cord to your PC.

First type this command "fastboot devices" to check if your device is into fastboot mode

Enter the command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Enter the command "fastboot boot recovery.img"

Your phone is now in TWRP recovery mode. grin

In Recovery, Select Install and scroll to where the downloaded 'SuperSu.zip' is in your phone.

Confirm by swiping right to flash.

Reboot your device

Don't be scared if your device bootloops or doesn't boot immediately. Most times it needs 15 to 30 seconds to boot completely.

Now, you have successfully Flashed TWRP Recovery And Rooted Your Xiaomi With SuperSU. grin
hello, please how do I download the Xiaomi USB driver? Hello everyone, I just unlocked my bootloader. this thread has been of great help. Thank you all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 6:17pm On May 03, 2018
Elouise:
hello, please how do I download the Xiaomi USB driver? Hello everyone, I just unlocked my bootloader. this thread has been of great help. Thank you all.

https://www.xiaomigeek.com/download-xiaomi-usb-driver-windows.html

Check the above ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by certifiedfool: 6:17pm On May 03, 2018
[quote author=proclivity post=67244979][/quote] please does the redmi note 5A has a fingerprint scanner. I tried checking online but with no success. I'm interested in buying it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:31pm On May 03, 2018
Quite possibly. Contact them. I have shipped hundreds of items, I have not lost any before now. I have used China post, post NL (my favorite) Belgium post ( slow as snail) but it's only this Singapore post that has lost my item, even though they are fast in shipment.

I think its safe to say that any item shipped by Singapore post that doesn't arrive after 24 days, that item is lost.
henry007:

My Singapore tracking last date says "handed over to airline" on March 24.

Are you saying it's lost? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 03, 2018
pussymoneyweed:

Mine is the same thing since 28th of March fa, dispactched same date, 17th of April till today e neva change I jst confuse Singapore post too,what do we do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluxa1(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2018
ebony111:
i live at Zamfara state, how can i get the redmi note 4

Call or Whatsapp me 08086093460. You pay for item and waybill and it'll be dispatched to you shap shap.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordfalcao(m): 6:44pm On May 03, 2018
macbeyland:
Quite possibly. Contact them. I have shipped hundreds of items, I have not lost any before now. I have used China post, post NL (my favorite) Belgium post ( slow as snail) but it's only this Singapore post that has lost my item, even though they are fast in shipment.

I think its safe to say that any item shipped by Singapore post that doesn't arrive after 24 days, that item is lost.
is Singapore post AliExpress standard shipping?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2018
lordfalcao:
is Singapore post AliExpress standard shipping?
YUP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 03, 2018
Mek una help me see o

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordfalcao(m): 6:54pm On May 03, 2018
adamix:
YUP
nawa but that's the majorly used courier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:07pm On May 03, 2018
Wait o! Is it not possible to get things cheaper now going by the new development in town- =N= / ¥ deal (Naira and Yen deal btw Nigeria and China govts)? Just askin!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donpichie: 7:09pm On May 03, 2018
pussymoneyweed:

I ordered for a Xiaomi redmi 5A from Aliexpress on 22nd of December 2017 and had to wait till 3/03/2018 before opening a dispute. Multiple checks on the tracking website showed that the item was still in transit all through that period. I had to open a dispute on Aliexpress. After following up on the dispute, i got a refund within 10 days. I subsequently placed another order from another seller and got it within 26 days.

Lesson, your money's not lost as long as you have a tracking number and proof of purchase. Just open a dispute and get your money back.

Hope this helps...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2750) (2751) (2752) (2753) (2754) (2755) (2756) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.