Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,098 members, 7,849,429 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9408408 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) ... (9328) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:03am On May 07, 2018
iheanyi4u:
Ok guys good morning. About this whole nTel thing, I found a way to make it work on my phone in minutes. Try it, it should work for you. It was inserted in my SIM 1 slot. Also ensure your APN settings are correct

Step 1. Dial *#*#4636#*#*

Step 2. Set SIM 1 to LTE only

Step 3. Go to SIM 2, set it to whatever mode you want. I left mine as it was

Step 4. Toogle the 'mobile radio power' switch in SIM 2 to off. Leave it for a few seconds. Toogle it back on. And viola, you re good to go.

Lemme know if it works for you.

Phone and rom version

Cc @jboixxx I thought this steps were in your compilation all these while lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:03am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I don put the sim for my mifi.

Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:10am On May 07, 2018
Even Jumia will testify that the note 5a was a success

https://www.nairaland.com/4490440/iphone-x-top-list-world#67346780
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by optimised: 8:20am On May 07, 2018
yemi2plus:
Please I need recommendation on a good earpiece with good sound quality, one build like the image attached as other types don't sit well in my ear.

Thanks.

Remax RM-301 Colorful High Performance Stereo phone headset with Mic
http://s.aliexpress.com/BVRb6VFv?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

CAFELE Professional In-Ear Earphone Metal Heavy Bass High fidelity Sound Quality Music Earphone with microphone for Mobile Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/vQv6JNbi?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ummuaisha(f): 8:21am On May 07, 2018
jesse8048:

Bro, do you always have this product in Port Harcourt?

Think so
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:21am On May 07, 2018
daamazing:
lipsrsealed
Are you saying the speakers are using Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor kiss
Wow

When ordinary 10$ charger has it..
Qualcomm quick charge is just a Chip, and not the entire processor ahaha.., any electronic devices can have it, you can have 4G modemn on any device not necessarily a phone..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Wagasigiungu(m): 8:31am On May 07, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Lol. The story no end well, my k6000 pro didn't live up to expectation, the 6000mAh battery wey make me buy am just dey act like Samsung battery.

Na so I open dispute, return the phone and Xiaomi Note 4 global happened cheesy

I never sure sey I don forgive gsmarena though angry

Do you mean you returned the phone to China? If yes, which postal service did you use? Most importantly, how much did it cost to return it to china
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:34am On May 07, 2018
GrandMufti:
Even Jumia will testify that the note 5a was a success

https://www.nairaland.com/4490440/iphone-x-top-list-world#67346780

lollll, after Tecno marketers go come tell you say Xiaomi is not a match for Tecno. lolllll.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yemi2plus(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2018
optimised:

Remax RM-301 Colorful High Performance Stereo phone headset with Mic
http://s.aliexpress.com/BVRb6VFv?fromSns=Copy to clipboard

CAFELE Professional In-Ear Earphone Metal Heavy Bass High fidelity Sound Quality Music Earphone with microphone for Mobile Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/vQv6JNbi?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Thanks, unfortunately, these will also not sit well in my ears.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkyjms: 8:44am On May 07, 2018
Hello Xiaomites

Please what causes these cache? I'm worried if they are not consuming a chuck of my data since they have do with cloud and the significant size the are.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:48am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:

lollll, after Tecno marketers go come tell you say Xiaomi is not a match for Tecno. lolllll.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 8:52am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Lol
But that 5A really sold o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi4u(m): 8:55am On May 07, 2018
GrandMufti:

Phone and rom version

Cc @jboixxx I thought this steps were in your compilation all these while lipsrsealed

I use a Mi 5, xiaomi.eu ROM. Tested it out on redmi pro and it still worked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 8:57am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Ok I see the point of the redmi S2 now, a dedicated sd slot and rear dual cameras. It gives people options between it and redmi 5 plus, battery or camera/SD card slot.

Global Version New Xiaomi Redmi S2 3GB 32GB Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 5.99" 18:9 Full Screen Dual Camera 12MP 5MP Smartphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/qQzq2YNf?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
the battery capacity dey small.. my only turn off cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2018
adexeli:
please is this still available?
yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=GrandMufti post=67342816]

Check @jboixxx posts, some few pages back. [/quote
]have tried the method before still did not work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:02am On May 07, 2018
GrandMufti:

Phone and rom version

This ↓ is what we have in the compilation which is same except the toggling! Will include his to the compilation too.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:04am On May 07, 2018
[quote author=Ebubemg post=67348020][/quote]
I believe it should work as I don't expect the ROM to be in conflict with SIMs or vice versa.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:05am On May 07, 2018
jboixxx:
My people, there's no special way of activating/registering your Ntel SIM on any Xiaomi devices so long the phone support the band, just follow what my bro posted a few post up, in short, lock the band to LTE and search manually. That's all.
Grandmufti, I think this is same with his post.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:06am On May 07, 2018
dasanchez1:
the battery capacity dey small.. my only turn off cry

You can't have it all, you either choose this or the redmi 5 plus. If them increase the battery capacity, how u wan make them sell the redmi 5 plus given that they have the same processor.?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:10am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:
Ok I see the point of the redmi S2 now, a dedicated sd slot and rear dual cameras. It gives people options between it and redmi 5 plus, battery or camera/SD card slot.

Global Version New Xiaomi Redmi S2 3GB 32GB Snapdragon 625 Octa Core 5.99" 18:9 Full Screen Dual Camera 12MP 5MP Smartphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/qQzq2YNf?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

U forgot the battery too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:11am On May 07, 2018
Elslim:

U forgot the battery too

How?

That is y I said it gives people options, some people might prefer a better camera setup and a dedicated sd slot more than a huge battery. Even with just 3000mah, it will last very long cos of the processor. So it's a no brainer.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:13am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:

How?

Battery comparison.... One is small one is bih kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2018
Dam5reey:

When ordinary 10$ charger has it..
Qualcomm quick charge is just a Chip, and not the entire processor ahaha.., any electronic devices can have it, you can have 4G modemn on any device not necessarily a phone..
Wawu
You're getting it all wrong, Quick charge isn't just a chip. Its an algorithm which is written based on hardware and software engineering. Your comparison with a charger which i refute is a big bluff. The charger only has the ability to input charge not receive. QC 3 and MediaTek pump Express (which is the Qc feature for MediaTek devices) only works on few mobile devices and Laptops for now.

Do your research
cheesy wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluxa1(m): 9:19am On May 07, 2018
toluxa1:
Discounted Sale.
New Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
6GB/64GB
Black
N170,000.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:23am On May 07, 2018
PureMe01:
wat of d battery life...how is d feel??
There is no xiaomi phone that doesn't give you full day. I charge it once per day, and my data is constantly on. I embarked on a 30 hour journey with 80% and reached my destination with 20%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:26am On May 07, 2018
donblazer10:
drop your number

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2018
Rubiesangel:
you couldn't even spell Xiaomi properly, how is anyone supposed to believe your pitch? Tecno stands tall, far and above Xiaomi. Xiaomi that doesn't have spare parts? Come on!.

Am sure you don't mean the statement u just made .

Res Ipsa Loquito
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 9:30am On May 07, 2018
BeardedTraveler:
How good are these Xiaomi speakers? Is there any better one at that price range?

Cc Gptech, Lexusgs430, jboixxx et al

This is what I use. No doubt, the name gerras e be grin , but I assure you, the bitch can spit... Bought it 5k @ CVllg. It comes encased in a clear, square, plastic case.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasanchez1(m): 9:40am On May 07, 2018
fibonacci2526:

You can't have it all, you either choose this or the redmi 5 plus. If them increase the battery capacity, how u wan make them sell the redmi 5 plus given that they have the same processor.?
even its specs is very ok for me... I believe it will work out fine based on its processor...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2018
daamazing:
Wawu
You're getting it all wrong, Quick charge isn't just a chip. Its an algorithm which is written based on hardware and software engineering. Your comparison with a charger which i refute is a big bluff. The charger only has the ability to input charge not receive. QC 3 and MediaTek pump Express (which is the Qc feature for MediaTek devices) only works on few mobile devices and Laptops for now.

Do your research
cheesy wink

I'm not doing any research, cos I never told you quick charge is available on any speaker, before you said it's not possible..

You mean quick charge is only available on mobile does not mean it can't be on a speaker, and speakers only use hardware and no software?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 9:45am On May 07, 2018
Why una dey buy speaker sef grin
Una dey do DJ? I hardly play songs with my normal speaker sef. Headset thangs grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2769) (2770) (2771) (2772) (2773) (2774) (2775) ... (9328) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.