Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (2831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9362861 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:10pm On May 17, 2018
Jecyangel:

P
Chai I ordered same time with you, but my own haven't arrived. Tracking still showing departed country of origin

Sorry oo, if you have extra cash I would advise you to buy another phone and you can sell the one in transit if it ever comes. Rest assured you would be refunded after protection purchase is over.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by franzis(m): 1:24pm On May 17, 2018
chrisnando:
I ordered a fone on 1st of January it was despatched on the 12th of same month and that was the end. I got refunded last month, made another order same week and it was despatched on 26th now it's missing.
It means I've been trying to to order for one phone since the first day of the year. Once they refund me, I'll never use aliexpress again. It's so painful, I rather use a tecno crap at least peace of mind is assured
buy on gearbest
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 1:25pm On May 17, 2018
please o guys, who's using the xiaomi note 5 (China version). I need your honest review. I want to buy the phone this week. lol I no wan buy phone and begin to feel bad. please help me with a honest review. thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 1:31pm On May 17, 2018
in one week time I will have both 32gb and 64gb global version of the note 5
xoftxoul:
please o guys, who's using the xiaomi note 5 (China version). I need your honest review. I want to buy the phone this week. lol I no wan buy phone and begin to feel bad. please help me with a honest review. thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 1:34pm On May 17, 2018
Check the method I posted on how to activate ntel network.
Segunhife:
bro pls, what phone model are u using and how did u set up the ntel sim. Help a brother out. Am using the redmi note5 prime
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 1:35pm On May 17, 2018
macbeyland:
in one week time I will have both 32gb and 64gb global version of the note 5

that would be nice. I'm aiming for 64gb. but I just need to know if the phone is good considering � camera and build quality.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2018
WATCH THIS VIDEO TO SET UP NTEL NETWORK ON YOUR XIAOMI PHONES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMp4b3e-hI0

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:07pm On May 17, 2018
xoftxoul:

that would be nice. I'm aiming for 64gb. but I just need to know if the phone is good considering � camera and build quality.

Watch techtablets' review on YouTube, you would be sure to get a balanced review from him.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by luvlyoracle(m): 2:15pm On May 17, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Well it's sd625, so the battery nor go quick die.lolll.
I tell you..now i see all people have been saying about sd625
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:15pm On May 17, 2018
Manus17:
thanks to Holuwaxheun for the purchase and safety delivery of my Redmi 5plus 4/64gb... really appreciate bro...

Thank God for the success of the deal.

Enjoy ur device bro.

cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emnployer2018: 2:15pm On May 17, 2018
macbeyland:
NOTICE! NOTICE! NOTICE!!!

PRICE REDUCTION

2 pieces of xiaomi redmi 5 plus 64gb version black, global rom are available for pickups at 65k each

1 piece of Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 32gb version black, global rom also available for pickup @59k

Xiaomi redmi note 5 32gb and 64gb black, global rom will be available from next week

Call or watsapp 08062907289

How much will the Note 5 64gb black, global rom be when it becomes available next week?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:19pm On May 17, 2018
chrisnando:
I ordered a fone on 1st of January it was despatched on the 12th of same month and that was the end. I got refunded last month, made another order same week and it was despatched on 26th now it's missing.
It means I've been trying to to order for one phone since the first day of the year. Once they refund me, I'll never use aliexpress again. It's so painful, I rather use a tecno crap at least peace of mind is assured

Sorry about that bro. Don't give up. I will advise u go for express shipping rather (5 - 7 working days).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 2:21pm On May 17, 2018
emnployer2018:

How much will the Note 5 64gb black, global rom be when it becomes available next week?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 2:23pm On May 17, 2018
Segunhife:
bro pls, what phone model are u using and how did u set up the ntel sim. Help a brother out. Am using the redmi note5 prime
Redmi 5+, first check if your phone supports ntel 4G bands then set to 4G only while you create a new APN with name as ntel and APN : ntel. Put on your data and toggle airplane mode on and off or your restart your device.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2018
dustmalik:

I'm surprised that you are getting VoLTE on your device. Could you check how many APNs you have and their settings. Screenshots would be preferable.
It's just the regular APN, I think it has to do with your device. Change your region to China or Hong Kong and try to enable it on. Via *#*#4636#*#*..I am on global ROM anyways

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2018
lavenderjade:

Its more than 14 days now sef about 21 days from despatched now cheesy

D funny tin now even. Singpost nor knw whr d packages dey

You are funny sha.

You won't get any reasonable response from Singapore post. Companies don't like to deal with third parties.

As far as they are concerned, you are not their customers, it's the aliexpress seller that used their services that only has the business of contacting them.

Please don't let us make another bad name for Nigerians cos I have been seeing us dropping chat contact for signpost here.

We have business with aliexpress and the seller not signpost.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 2:32pm On May 17, 2018
lavenderjade:

Its more than 14 days now sef about 21 days from despatched now cheesy

D funny tin now even. Singpost nor knw whr d packages dey

You are funny sha.

You won't get any reasonable response from Singapore post. Companies don't like to deal with third parties.

As far as they are concerned, you are not their customers, it's the aliexpress seller that used their services that only has the business of contacting them.

Please don't let us make another bad name for Nigerians cos I have been seeing us dropping chat contact for signpost here.

And of course, they know where the package is, and they also know if the seller gave you a wrong/fake tracking number.. But they are not at liberty to tell you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:37pm On May 17, 2018
bily:

You are funny sha.

You spoke my mind, no point contacting Singapore post for whereabouts of items cos they won't even divulge any info. It's best to just sit back and wait for the item or the refund. Chatting them won't bring the items.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 2:48pm On May 17, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Watch techtablets' review on YouTube, you would be sure to get a balanced review from him.
oh ok. thanks for the pointer. I'll check his review on the redmi note five
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DestinyToRule(m): 3:26pm On May 17, 2018
PureMe01:
pls which theme are using? including d font name as well dats if it comes separate

The theme is lonely-ly and font is newborn. Search theme app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankekeh: 3:33pm On May 17, 2018
After about a month plus with my redmi 5 plus i can authoritatively say MIUI sucks!!!!!!!, the jarring difference between the user experience in its own apps like messaging and main settings versus what you get in Google Play is too much abeg and lockscreen notifications and how the lockscreen is still a disaster , Ayam just waiting for Lineage OS for redmi 5 plus to drop then its a 1 way ticket out of MIUI grin grin and yes Xiaomi build quality is superb, cant count how many times people mistook my redmi 5 plus for S8 or LG G6 grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 3:34pm On May 17, 2018
DonnyE:

It's just the regular APN, I think it has to do with your device. Change your region to China or Hong Kong and try to enable it on. Via *#*#4636#*#*..I am on global ROM anyways
Nice one. So which region are you on at the moment?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 3:41pm On May 17, 2018
frankekeh:
After about a month plus with my redmi 5 plus i can authoritatively say MIUI sucks!!!!!!!, the jarring difference between the user experience in its own apps like messaging and main settings versus what you get in Google Play is too much abeg and lockscreen notifications and how the lockscreen is still a disaster , Ayam just waiting for Lineage OS for redmi 5 plus to drop then its a 1 way ticket out of MIUI grin grin and yes Xiaomi build quality is superb, cant count how many times people mistook my redmi 5 plus for S8 or LG G6 grin grin

[s]i can authoritatively say MIUI sucks!!!!!!![/s]

*i can authoritatively say MIUI sucks for me!!!!!!!

Next time, personalize it. Some of us love miui and hate stock Android tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankekeh: 3:54pm On May 17, 2018
grin grin grin wow i had actually thought the 'love' for MIUI was born out of the fear of switching to custom roms, MIUI as it is too gutted in my opinion, heck even infinix XOS is slightly better but their settings UI is hideously fugly grin grin I dont know why Xiaomi dont just copy what the guys behind oneplus OS are doing, at least for their international customers
bily:

[s]i can authoritatively say MIUI sucks!!!!!!![/s]

*i can authoritatively say MIUI sucks for me!!!!!!!

Next time, personalize it. Some of us love miui and hate stock Android tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by idris85(m): 3:58pm On May 17, 2018
House! from which seller can i order a good lasting screen protector for Xiomi redni note 4 (Global verson)?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DonnyE(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2018
dustmalik:

Nice one. So which region are you on at the moment?
During set up I switched to both China and Hong Kong and then switched back to Nigeria cos it affected my time zone..But surprisingly its still working.Enable VoLTE and then do same via *#*#4636#*#*

2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 4:07pm On May 17, 2018
adamix:
Yep the pubg is boring
download gangstar new orleans, its a nice game
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 4:08pm On May 17, 2018
Gptech:

Phone screens are normally the fastest to arrive from my experiences, less than 2 weeks, sometimes just 8 days.
i see
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tonyeb2k(m): 4:11pm On May 17, 2018
xoftxoul:
would have given you a honest review but I haven't started using mine cause no screen guard, I don't want history to repeat itself as it happened to my Redmi 4prime... patiently waiting for screen guard. after unboxing the phone I was please with it, was thinking it will be heavy but it's not.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:12pm On May 17, 2018
idris85:
House! from which seller can i order a good lasting screen protector for Xiomi redni note 4 (Global verson)?

Which one be long lasting screen protector again? Could have sworn it depends on usage and careful handling of your device, No?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 4:17pm On May 17, 2018
ubev01:
i see
hope dis missing orders will be fixed!!!, lemme sit back with popcorn on my hands an relax! Thank goodness i didnt order de note 5! Juz xo happy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 4:20pm On May 17, 2018
Has anyone recently ordered and received Redmi 5 plus with no ish. I want to order for one and all these stories are scaring me o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2828) (2829) (2830) (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: toask111 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.