Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193505 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BeardedTraveler: 5:48am On Jul 21, 2018
noobody:
my whatsapp seriously down at the moment,my whatsapp backup as failed as well,if we have any deal on going,yet to be completed,kindly buzz me right away,
for new deals,dont dull grin buzz me as well..

cheers smiley

It's better to do offline backup, rarely fails
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Malevonent: 6:03am On Jul 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

One thing I know about him is that you would be refunded if he fails to deliver.

update: he has refunded me my money late last night, as he was unable to send me the data as agreed.thnks to all involved parties!!

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adeniyilamlek(m): 6:33am On Jul 21, 2018
Home screen showing season

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buchika: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2018
Pls gurus in the house how can I make my preferred network mode stock to my selection, If I set it to 2g only it goes back to LTE, even if I use used *#*#4636#"#* to do the selection it would still go back to some other mode wish slows the network.

Also in my multitask window, there are these keys on some apps that make those apps not to close when every other app closes, how can I remove the keys.
Here is a pic of the keys.

I use RN4X

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirLanko1: 6:53am On Jul 21, 2018
Buchika:
Pls gurus in the house how can I make my preferred network mode stock to my selection, If I set it to 2g only it goes back to LTE, even if I use used *#*#4636#"#* to do the selection it would still go back to some other mode wish slows the network.

Also in my multitask window, there are these keys on some apps that make those apps not to close when every other app closes, how can I remove the keys.

I use RN4X

For those padlock, click on those padlock, it will open � and then delete them.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:00am On Jul 21, 2018
lilclin:
Want to order redmi 5 plus the 3gb ram version from jumia. Hope I won't regret it
Check my signature and connect with me
070three1080two87
Thank me later wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:02am On Jul 21, 2018
folash:

Is the 3gb 32gb variant of Redmi 5a available?
No sir. But we can work something out. 070three1080two87. Connect with me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:06am On Jul 21, 2018
lilclin:
I still don't grab. Pls be straight forward angry sad
Oga, check my signature, connect with me, then thank me later. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:08am On Jul 21, 2018
folaosemen:
Gurus in the house, is their any significant difference between global and international xiaomi's devices? which one is better?
grin grin grin grin... This is quite funny, international, and global are same. Check my signature, connect with me if you want a xiaomi so u don't get confused... Thank me later.
070three1080two87
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 7:08am On Jul 21, 2018
Buchika:

I use RN4X

It is normal for network mode to return to status quo after reboot if you use *#*#4636#*#* to set it.

To remove the key lock, tap and drag down the app to unlock or remove the lock sign. Do the same if you want to lock it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:15am On Jul 21, 2018
Ifedith:
Brand new Xiaomi
Redmi 5a 2gb 16gb.... 31k
Redmi 5 plus 3gb 32gb.... 55k
Redmi note 5 4gb 64gb.... 70k
Redmi S2 4gb 64gb.... 80k
Payment on delivery available
Next day free delivery within Lagos.
070three1080two87
Check my signature.
Thank me later. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlahwaley(m): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2018
I saw this upgrade, shall i proceed?
and will i have to do factory reset after upgrading?
am using redmi 5 plus

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2018
gsparks01:
Did a factory reset and to my greatest surprise and shock, this tin cleared everything in my phone; photos and other files gone. I thought reset only clears apps. I jus weak cry

Factory reset wipes everything on any device whenever you initiate it.
It is not the same as installing an update...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justinguru(m): 7:39am On Jul 21, 2018
justinguru:
BRAND NEW REDMI NOTE 5 PRO STILL SEALED IN PORTHARCOURT , 3gb 32gb black plus armor case available , cash and carry, just arrived from amazon
Still available....just 75k ...instant pickup
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sartee(m): 8:10am On Jul 21, 2018
Good morning in here. Have been following the thread for quite sometime now. Though am not much of a techy guy. But would like an honest advice from good fellows in here. Am thinking of either buying the infinix note 5 cos of the screen size and specification or buying a xiaomi(NOTE I Dont have any in mind). But this flashing of ROM issues got me confused. Is it that I can't use the xiaomi without rooting or flashing it. Thanks for your honest advice.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 21, 2018
Sold,, 1st come 1st serve

Rakiticbarca:
How much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:13am On Jul 21, 2018
horlahwaley:
I saw this upgrade, shall i proceed?
and will i have to do factory reset after upgrading?
am using redmi 5 plus

If you are not experiencing any bug, hold on.

But if you must update, download the full rom

or just update via OTA factory reset if you notice bugs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:17am On Jul 21, 2018
Is there anyone also using redmi 5 plus here?
My phone's battery life is just too poor these. Can hardly last 9 hours if charged fully. I saw people uploading screenshot of their battery lasting over 13hrs and that's why I bought the phone.
Android system seems to be consuming my battery the most

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:27am On Jul 21, 2018
sartee:
Good morning in here. Have been following the thread for quite sometime now. Though am not much of a techy guy. But would like an honest advice from good fellows in here. Am thinking of either buying the infinix note 5 cos of the screen size and specification or buying a xiaomi(NOTE I Dont have any in mind). But this flashing of ROM issues got me confused. Is it that I can't use the xiaomi without rooting or flashing it. Thanks for your honest advice.

You can use your phone without rooting or flashing
I have been using my Xiaomi for months now without any of those tweaking.

The rooting and flashing are for adventurous tech peeps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:30am On Jul 21, 2018
eleojo23:

You can use your phone without rooting or flashing
I have been using my Xiaomi for months now without any of those tweaking.

The rooting and flashing are for adventurous tech peeps

I think we should limit the amount of talks about flashing,rooting on this thread tbh. Some people will get confused and think they can't use a xiaomi phone because they can't flash or root.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2018
fibonacci2526:

I think we should limit the amount of talks about flashing,rooting on this thread tbh. Some people will get confused and think they can't use a xiaomi phone because they can't flash or root.

Exactly... someone has asked this same question here before because a lot of people were talking about rooting and flashing when he entered the thread..

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joered63: 8:36am On Jul 21, 2018
Good morning guys, please I need the gurus in the house to help me with this question. Presently I'm using mi max 2, so if I decide to upgrade in the nearest future and I want to sell this phone, how do I wipe everything clean including my mi account so the new owner can activate theirs? Because I read that even if you flash the phone, it will still ask for your mind account password before unlocking the phone.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2018
UPDATE! UPDATE!!

The following phones are currently available for instant pickups

All phone purchased come with the following Freebies:

2 Tempered glass
1 360 degree case
*1 earpiece
*1 EU adapter
*1 phone stand
*1 32gb Mixza memory card for redmi note 5- 64g and 16gb memory card for xiaomi redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus 64gb/32gb (limited stock)

*From next week, you will have the option of getting xiaomi mi band 3 @ 11k if you buy a mobile phone.

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 black (69k)

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 64gb black, global version from factory (80k)

3 pieces of gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 64 gb global version from factory (79k)

1 piece of Xiaomi redmi note 5 gold color, global version from factory (68k)

2 pieces of xiaomi redmi 5 plus 32gb global version black available @60k

Call now on 08062907289 to book yours.

Both global version and global rom installed available

Face to face delivery for those in Port Harcourt, Delivery to Lagos, Abuja, Akure, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Agbor, Bayelsa within 24 hours.

************************************************[/b]
AliExpress Deals Available

Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3/32gb 54k
Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 4/64gb 62k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 3/32gb 63k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb 73k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 3/32gb 61k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 4/64gb 69k
Xiaomi mi 8 SE 4/64gb 120k
Xiaomi mi 6x 4/64gb 100k

2-3 weeks delivery time

Call or watsapp on 08062907289 to book yours.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlahwaley(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2018
GrandMufti:

If you are not experiencing any bug, hold on.

But if you must update, download the full rom

or just update via OTA factory reset if you notice bugs
ok. tnx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lekerhymes(m): 8:56am On Jul 21, 2018
I think it's high time Xaiomi have a touch center here in Nigeria cos their customer base is increasing day by day. Everywhere you go you hear people talking about their devices.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lekerhymes(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2018
* Etisalat data is back*

*Do you have an Etisalat Sim?*

*Is the standard Etisalat data fee subscription too expensive for you?*

*Worry not, because the solution for data is here*

*Why buy standard Etisalat data of 2.5Gb for N2000, when you can get the same Etisalat data for #1400

*think smart, think wise*

*Join the moving train now for all your Etisalat data services*

*New Etisalat 9mobile package & Price list*

*2.5Gb 1400*
*5gb 2300*
*10gb 4200*

*Contact me on 07034643236*
*Legit and guaranteed.*
*Validity is one month.*

*@LekeData ur trusted number one data retailer*
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lekerhymes(m): 9:01am On Jul 21, 2018
New 9Mobile data gifting now available

UPDATED PRICE

�12GB = N2500
�24GB= ₦3500

Validity - 1 month

� It does Not Auto Renew.

�Works On Both New & Existing Sims.

�No issue of Sponsor
I
*Terms and Conditions*��

```Please always wait for my notification that I have done your work before complaining```

Call LEKEDATA on:07034643236
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2018
kmaster007:
his Xiaomi Redmi note 5 gud for 58k I need advice sum1 wntd to sell for me

Add money and buy a new one
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2018
scotweezy:

I think this third party theme/font of a thing not working is peculiar to only developer roms because I still changed fonts the normal way recently on global stable 9.5.19 redmi note 4.

It's the same across all roms
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2018
Joered63:
Good morning guys, please I need the gurus in the house to help me with this question. Presently I'm using mi max 2, so if I decide to upgrade in the nearest future and I want to sell this phone, how do I wipe everything clean including my mi account so the new owner can activate theirs? Because I read that even if you flash the phone, it will still ask for your mind account password before unlocking the phone.
Thanks
So simple, log out ur Mi Account and factory reset. Shikena!! Lobatan!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:09am On Jul 21, 2018
Joered63:
Thanks
Upgrading or updating has nothing to do with what you have asked. If you want to sell your device all you need to do is logout your Mi Account and do a factory reset or delete your files manually.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2018
Joered63:
Thanks

1. Setting - Mi Account - Mi Cloud - uncheck find devices
2. Setting - Mi Account - Sign out
3. Login to Mi cloud https://i.mi.com/ with your current account & password. Select your connected device then delete device

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.