Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,772 members, 7,831,484 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9316498 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3216) (3217) (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zevous: 6:27pm On Jul 25, 2018
Please I’m confused.. I’m trying to order note 5 on Jumia but I noticed that tha Black is showing android 7.1.0 while the white is showing 8.0.. please is there a link to get the Black note 5 AI version with android 8.0.. 4gb 64Gb?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
zevous:
Please I’m confused.. I’m trying to order note 5 on Jumia but I noticed that tha Black is showing android 7.1.0 while the white is showing 8.0.. please is there a link to get the Black note 5 AI version with android 8.0.. 4gb 64Gb?

The black is also Oreo, should be an error.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
priceaction:

In as much as electronics are prone to faults anytime, I think Xiaomi phones, especially with snapdragons have better chances of lasting long if you handle them very well. That is emphasis is on processors we always talk about here. Why do you think Samsung sell well despite the fact that they have poor battery life? That is the processor that keeps them in the game. While some other phones,especially the ones with mediatek(techno, infinix, gionee, itel falls this category, because that is where they make their money more.... in phone parts and repairing ) gives you troubles within a year of use, many snapdragons and exynos has seen to withstand test of time. Unless, not limited to being careless with the screen and digitizer which is readily available on aliexpress and can be fixed by competent phone repairs.
I have used one particular Samsung for 8 good years and the first repair is today, because it fell last week and the screen just went blank. Guess what, it just took me 1k. That's the advantage of buying good chipsets. That's why Xiaomi is a little bit popular, value for money.
Now, close your eyes, buy the one your money can buy, then buy accessories like casing and tempered glasses join. And enjoy yourself.

Samsung has poor battery life? shocked
Be specific coz most of their phones have good battery life from J to C to A series, which are directly competing with Xiaomi phones

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
oxygenlove:
House** abeg...which midrange xiaomi phone has the best design.... (Just design) apart note5. ...
Redmi 5

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
adamix:

For now i prefer to stay on miui now on note 5 since i understand the ARB stuff better now, no custom rom is as stable as miui for redmi note 5 yet.
pixel experience is better for me than miui, d battery optimization, and non force closing of apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:
If some people nor take advantage of this Jumia slashed prices on the redmi note 5 and redmi 5 plus though, won't get a better deal on these two devices in the nearest future.
Absolutely bros... Make dem check my signature sha... wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oxygenlove(m): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Gptech:

Not again! Your info is for Indians, Redmi note 5 here is what is called Redmi note 5 AI, it's different from Redmi note 5 ( India)/ Redmi 5 plus which you posted. Check very well, Redmi note 5 we refer to here has dual rear cameras and Snapdragon 636 under the hood.

This issue has been overfloged here.
lol..... Thats what ur teacher(Uncle John) face when new students promote to his class.. He keep teaching same topic over and over again till he retire..... Chill...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
jesse8048:

Hope you help place orders on TV for jumia? I saw one cheep century and hisense TV.
Na me be jumia... grin... Anyway yes its available. But connect with me before you make that move... wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2018
DonnyE:
Hello guys please what's the best headphone I can get for 5k..I have Gorsun E88 on my mind though. Help a brother
We have Nokia coloud pop... For 2k. Check my signature and connect with me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2018
zevous:
It's actually an error, but u won't mind if we connect and let me handle jumia for you... Check my signature. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zevous: 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

The black is also Oreo, should be an error.

Thanks for the quick reply.. Coz I don’t wanna make a mistake. I’m scared because of the video posted here concerning the pro version.. I would rather go for the AI version straight.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oxygenlove(m): 6:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

People take whatever they read on gsmarena as the gospel, even gsmarena has a disclaimer that they can't guarantee all their information is 100% correct.
its nt our fault... I was once a victim... Xiaomi should learn to keep to one name too....redmi 5 plus(note 5 india) ..note 5AI. note 5 pro ...... Wetin happen....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
frankyvalll:
pixel experience is better for me than miui, d battery optimization, and non force closing of apps

Doesn't every Android UI eventually close some apps in the background to save battery life?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nastydroid(m): 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2018
Container don land via ifedith cheesy

Those concerned about the camera it is not really dope like Samsung own but they tried 8/10

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
zevous:

Thanks for the quick reply.. Coz I don’t wanna make a mistake. I’m scared because of the video posted here concerning the pro version.. I would rather go for the AI version straight.

There is no pro version in Nigeria!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2018
oxygenlove:
its nt our fault... I was once a victim... Xiaomi should learn to keep to one name too....redmi 5 plus(note 5 india) ..note 5AI. note 5 pro ...... Wetin happen....

The iterations will become very familiar once you start using their device and again people should at least take stuff from what people tell them here re the names.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nastydroid:

Those concerned about the camera it is not really dope like Samsung own but they tried 8/10

"How much did you get it crew" incoming.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nastydroid(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Na everytime them dy ask cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oxygenlove(m): 7:11pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

The iterations will become very familiar once you start using their device and again people should at least take stuff from what people tell them here re the names.
i know and i understand u.... buh this thread is moving so fast ... And some people (newbies) tend to follow from new pages.. i bet u ll still need ur energy to explain same thing as time goes on...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justinguru(m): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by justinguru(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
macbeyland:
UPDATE! UPDATE!!

The following phones are currently available for instant pickups

All phone purchased come with the following Freebies:

2 Tempered glass
1 360 degree case
*1 earpiece
*1 EU adapter
*1 phone stand
*1 32gb Mixza memory card for redmi note 5- 64g and 16gb memory card for xiaomi redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus 64gb/32gb

*From next week, you will have the option of getting xiaomi mi band 3 @ 11k if you buy a mobile phone.

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 black (69k)

3 pieces of Xiaomi redmi note 5 64gb black, global version from factory (80k)

3 pieces of gold color xiaomi redmi note 5 64 gb global version from factory (79k)

1 piece of Xiaomi redmi note 5 gold color, global version from factory (68k)

2 pieces of xiaomi redmi 5 plus 32gb global version black available @60k

Call now on 08062907289 to book yours.

Both global version and global rom installed available

Face to face delivery for those in Port Harcourt, Delivery to Lagos, Abuja, Akure, Calabar, Onitsha, Enugu, Agbor, Bayelsa within 24 hours.

************************************************[/b]
AliExpress Deals Available

Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 3/32gb 54k
Xiaomi redmi 5 plus 4/64gb 62k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 3/32gb 63k
Xiaomi redmi note 5 4/64gb 73k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 3/32gb 61k
Xiaomi redmi 6 pro 4/64gb 69k
Xiaomi mi 8 SE 4/64gb 120k
Xiaomi mi 6x 4/64gb 100k

2-3 weeks delivery time

Call or watsapp on 08062907289 to book yours.

Legit nigga got redmi note 5 pro from him in ph
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2018
Harryfrosh:
that's why I'm OK with my new max 2.... My next upgrade will be max 4... I believe max 4 will have more than 5500mah battery compare to max 3 and increase in snadgrom.... In overall.... Max 2 was released last year.. Max 3 this year... I believe max 4 will be next year... So waiting for a year to upgrade my phone is not bad....
Na so bro. If we no apply sense this phone manufacturers go just chop our money finish giving us phones with no much difference. When person no be mugu.. Max 3 can go to hell. Max 2 rocks for now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
henry007:

Samsung has poor battery life? shocked
Be specific coz most of their phones have good battery life from J to C to A series, which are directly competing with Xiaomi phones
Let's say some. They can't stand many heavy games, it will die fast.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

grin

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

As him say mark your calendar for a phone that has been launched globally yesterday.lollll.
Abi, like we buy from india
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nabeans: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Nastydroid:

RN 5AI...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
frankyvalll:
I get what you mean, i used it, it was very good but had the same problem i had with most custom roms now, its like they've added something to source...There is a delay in going back to apps already opened(in memory) after a bit of time.....only bootleggers, du, los, mdroid, posp and firehound dont have this problem.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
nabeans:

RN 5AI...
Even better with gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
fibonacci2526:

eleojo23:

grin

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nastydroid(m): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
nabeans:

RN 5AI...
hmmmn my Samsung j7 camera will do a better job, but still yet Xiaomi tried .screen ppi also affects picture quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
Rn5 with gcam

(1) (2) (3) ... (3216) (3217) (3218) (3219) (3220) (3221) (3222) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tech01, chadbasin and 16 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.