Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3226) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9196252 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2018
daamazing:
My fellow NTEL user grin
Tip- Use Google drive for downloads, if the ROM is uploaded or mirrored on GDrive... Use that. For movies TFPDL uploads on GDrive. It's always faster
Yes i been get the gist...gdrive, mega are fast....with idm+, speed is better...ive been able to manage the network now and know its strengths and wicknesses grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:09am On Jul 26, 2018
This one that ive been opening new pages since yesterday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adanny01(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Your money, your choice but sometimes you need to be flexible enough to listen to what other people have to say to make an informed decision. Your basing all your facts on gsmarena shows that you see them as the Lord concerning anything Android. Good luck.

I came here asking you guys to criticize the my preference but you guys didnt. You said nothing other than asking my budget then suggesting Note 5 with nothing to support or criticize my choice until i confirmed my order then you guys started trolling me.

How are you sure its just gsmarena i visited? I visited this thread, what advise did you tell me before i made the order? Have you used the phone before? Have you done a proper comparison? You want me to swallow your recommendation whole line and sinker.

All i asked was look at Mi 5 and criticize. Have you done that? If you did, what in its specs is the reason i made a bad choice other than its a 2016 phone?

Please do justice and lets be constructive.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IAMJojo(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Redmi 5--3300mah Redmi 5 plus-4000mah
hello bro the 5plus how much does it cost n can u help me get it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LEGITLAYO: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2018
kstan:

Since it's a new phone and Chinese Version, I'd advise you factory reset the phone, install Google Installer and allow all permissions.
I did all that but no fix.. embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LEGITLAYO: 10:20am On Jul 26, 2018
israel2563:
Redmi note 5
S9 theme
Chairman, I need this theme.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 10:23am On Jul 26, 2018
daamazing:
My fellow NTEL user grin
Tip- Use Google drive for downloads, if the ROM is uploaded or mirrored on GDrive... Use that. For movies TFPDL uploads on GDrive. It's always faster
Thanks for the movie tip, been using telegram bot to download movies... downloaded three movies yesterday and all 3 were corrupted, i wanted to cry..this one you gave me is better, already downloading from it and getting about 900KBps..all Good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

I have 2 new Sims within the space of 5 days... it didn't work o

Did you activate the sim and did you also recharge and make call within 24hrs...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:30am On Jul 26, 2018
Cassie74:

Did you activate the sim and did you also recharge and make call within 24hrs...

Yes o. Recharged and I was even given bonus data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adanny01(m): 10:35am On Jul 26, 2018
amadika:

I'll advice you cancel that order and go for Redmi Note 5 AI.. I'm using both devices. U have more to gain on Note 5 AI

True, seen the specs and it fits my desire. Only that i didnt find it on Jumia and the size is not my preference.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adanny01(m): 10:38am On Jul 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

lollllll, the guy go bring gsmarena point to prove you are wrong.

Hmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 10:42am On Jul 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

Yes o. Recharged and I was even given bonus data
and

And you made a call... wow,then something is definitely wrong.I got a sim last time, activated and recharged but forgot to make a call... It was blocked. Didn't know then that making a call activates the sim and you have to do it b4 24hrs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2018
Cassie74:
and

And you made a call... wow,then something is definitely wrong.I got a sim last time, activated and recharged but forgot to make a call... It was blocked. Didn't know then that making a call activates the sim and you have to do it b4 24hrs

Ya.. Done all that already. Got the 1st sim last Friday and the 2nd sim on Monday.

E be like say my village people dey use the Sim browse for the other side grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:56am On Jul 26, 2018
adanny01:

True, seen the specs and it fits my desire. Only that i didnt find it on Jumia and the size is not my preference.
Let me say it blunt, you are not teachable, you seem to know it all. If you read back your posts, you'll see you already made your choice. YOUR ABOVE COMMENT SAYS IT ALL.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2018
IAMJojo:

can u help me with it
Yeah, WhatsApp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilclin(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2018
Can't login to mi account.. saying my number is invalid
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2018
lilclin:
Can't login to mi account.. saying my number is invalid

+234

Don't add zero after 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilclin(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2018
GrandMufti:

+234

Don't add zero after 4
I know .. I clicked on other sign in options and now used my user ID to login
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2018
adamix:

Yes i been get the gist...gdrive, mega are fast....with idm+, speed is better...ive been able to manage the network now and know its strengths and wicknesses grin grin
same grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adanny01(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2018
Gptech:

Let me say it blunt, you are not teachable, you seem to know it all. If you read back your posts, you'll see you already made your choice. YOUR ABOVE COMMENT SAYS IT ALL.

Yes i made a choice between Mi 5 and Redmi 5 since none of you made any constructive criticism. It is very clear i dont like a large phone. I checked all the Xiaomi phones i could find on Jumia and narrowed it to 2 based on spec preference and my budget. I asked for opinions, all i got was "go for Note 5 instead" like am a baby who has no choice but to drink his mother's breast milk at least for the first 6 months of his life. I am an adult treat me like one, i have my preferences. Your suggestions must be in line with my desires.

Are you trying to teach me how to love a phone you love? How is telling me to buy note 5 instead amount to teaching. How can i buy a 158.5mm tall and 180g phone when i clearly stated i dont like such tall or such heavy phone? Are you teaching me my preferences.

Abeg leave me joor before u start teaching me how to shyte in my toilet.

You recommended something i politely told you no then you pick offence.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daamazing(m): 11:23am On Jul 26, 2018
adamix:

Thanks for the movie tip, been using telegram bot to download movies... downloaded three movies yesterday and all 3 were corrupted, i wanted to cry..this one you gave me is better, already downloading from it and getting about 900KBps..all Good
wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2018
adanny01:

I quoted u to let me help you with jumia, but no... undecided.. U didn't
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:37am On Jul 26, 2018
Gptech:

Ohhhhhhu, you get time oooo. You for just leave am na. Shuuuu.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2018
adanny01:

Like i said before, i am not concerned about the note 5 or its variants especially because of their screen size, length, thickness and weight.

I specifically asked about Mi5 and Redmi 5.

Ok then, but your choices are limited; powerful, affordable 5" phones are now a rarity. The Mi5 is a former flagship while the Redmi 5 is a budget phone, so the Mi5 will trump the Redmi 5 in performance and features. Personally though, I will recommend the Redmi 5; it's newer, sleeker, and much cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:42am On Jul 26, 2018
adanny01:

Yes i made a choice between Mi 5 and Redmi 5 since none of you made any constructive criticism. It is very clear i dont like a large phone. I checked all the Xiaomi phones i could find on Jumia and narrowed it to 2 based on spec preference and my budget. I asked for opinions, all i got was "go for Note 5 instead" like am a baby who has no choice but to drink his mother's breast milk at least for the first 6 months of his life. I am an adult treat me like one, i have my preferences. Your suggestions must be in line with my desires.

Are you trying to teach me how to love a phone you love? How is telling me to buy note 5 instead amount to teaching. How can i buy a 158.5mm tall and 180g phone when i clearly stated i dont like such tall or such heavy phone? Are you teaching me my preferences.

Abeg leave me joor before u start teaching me how to shyte in my toilet.

You recommended something i politely told you no then you pick offence.
Ok sir, enjoy your phone, you'll seriously enjoy it, no pun intended. And stop blaming anyone here as if you pay them for something.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adanny01(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2018
Ifedith:

Sorry. Maybe i missed it with all the trolling and my recent busy activities.

How can you help? I have a gut feeling it may be out of stock.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kstan(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2018
LEGITLAYO:

I did all that but no fix.. embarassed

Maybe there's something you aren't doing right.
It works for me every time.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Ohhhhhhu, you get time oooo. You for just leave am na. Shuuuu.
Sometimes u just get to come out of ur shell, sometimes grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2018
Ifedith:

Help with what? Note 5? Or Redmi 5 with bad screen resolution and weak battery? Imagine person wen never even see Redmi 5 dey say e get bad screen resolution and weak battery, smh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jedisco(m): 11:51am On Jul 26, 2018
BeardedTraveler:

Custom open packages these days

Hehehe. No be small thing
Then how do our Nairaland importers like proteino and noobody maneuver their way through their express shipping?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by generationz(f): 11:57am On Jul 26, 2018
Malevonent:

ok, he told me between 3hrs and 24hrs, which is about elapsing, and i used the word, MAYBE SCAM, with a promise to update the house when/if he pulls tru. just throwing it out there so people would be careful..money is hard to come by

this is what i said, since he hasnt pulled tru, am yet to update the house.
if its so easy, mek he send the data first..and payment made after buyer receives data grin grin grin

did you receive your data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 12:01pm On Jul 26, 2018
adanny01:

Its also tragic that i asked for this kind of advice before i made the order but yours came only after i ordered.

I made the same observation, however, my research on gsm arena shows that Mi5 has a 92h rating while redmi 5 with SD 450 + 3300mah is behind at 83h battery life on their endurance test.

In fact, i was worried that it may not support OTG, i watched it on youtube supporting OTG. I doubted most of its features for being a 2016 phone, but a comment i read somewhere said "its an old phone but very decent in comparison to what is obtainable today." I did my research on the phone for almost a month and came here for conclusion on the day i planned to order. Xiaomi has promised Android 8.0 for it. The beta is already out.

Please make your research and compare it to the Note 5 suggested here and tell me which wins.

I use the 64GB variant. Yes, it's currently running Oreo.

However, modern models should be what you get. I could go for one of those trendier models soon.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) (3227) (3228) (3229) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.