Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9185120 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shafiiimran99: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2018
macbeyland:
All those who need screen protectors and 360 case for xiaomi redmi note 5 and redmi 5 plus should contact me this morning. I wlll be going out to send out some phones and screen protector orders today. Please note that I can only send to major cities like Lagos, Abuja, Ibadan, Akure, Bayelsa, Akwa ibom and a few others for now. This is different however for mobile phone purchase as there are means of sending your orders to every part of Nigeria.

Price of tempered glass for xiaomi redmi note 5 is 850 naira/piece and 500 naira/piece for redmi 5 plus. 360 degree case is 1600 naira/ piece for both note 5 and 5 plus.
Please how can move apps or download directly to SD card on Redmi note 5a?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2018
Shafiiimran99:

Go to storage in settings and see if there's the option to set memory card as default write disk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shafiiimran99: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2018
macbeyland:

Go to storage in settings and see if there's the option to set memory card as default write disk
Here is my storage settings screenshot.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Cassie74:

Well my band 2 is halfway dead... Just 5 months...the screen is blank

How do you use yours?
Mine is 8 months and still working perfectly. Battery still lasts 3 weeks +. I have a second strap I haven't even touched.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenrevolt(m): 11:02am On Jul 31, 2018
Hello house,

I am having issues with my Redmi Note 5 4g/64g (China ROM). I made use of it this morning for a while, until around 6 AM. Decided to sleep for a bit, woke up around 9 and the phone was off and wouldn't come on. I thought it went flat, but I didn't see the possibility tho' cos it was above 25% before I slept. I decided to charge it, but it is not picking up. The indicator light just keeps blinking, but the screen does not come on, nor does it indicate that it is charging. The indicator light just keeps BLINKING.

I have checked for solutions in the MIUI forum and some other forum, but none of what I reading is working. I am wondering if anybody in the house have experienced such before, and how they overcame it, if ever.

Note:
I have not used the phone for up to THREE WEEKS.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:05am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:
Hello house,

I am having issues with my Redmi Note 5 4g/64g (China ROM). I made use of it this morning for a while, until around 6 AM. Decided to sleep for a bit, woke up around 9 and the phone was off and wouldn't come on. I thought it went flat, but I didn't see the possibility tho' cos it was above 25% before I slept. I decided to charge it, but it is not picking up. The indicator light just keeps blinking, but the screen does not come on, nor does it indicate that it is charging. The indicator light just keeps BLINKING.

I have checked for solutions in the MIUI forum and some other forum, but none of what I reading is working. I am wondering if anybody in the house have experienced such before, and how they overcame it, if ever.

Note:

Sorry. First you take it to computer village to know what is wrong with it and then you can decide if it's worth fixing or not.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:
Hello house,

Note:
Plug the phone for some time, say 20 minutes, then hold power button+ volume up at the same time for like 10secs and see if it takes you to recovery mode.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oddie17: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2018
samdocdon:

Bro how's the update running.... Hope no bugs or battery draining iss....
well battery drains faster than It should and multitasking isn't good like before... Apps don't always remain open
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenrevolt(m): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2018
henry007:

Sorry. First you take it to computer village to know what is wrong with it and then you can decide if it's worth fixing or not.

I currently in Abuja... The last time I went to Wuse, I could hardly find anybody that knows Xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 11:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:
Hello house,

Note:

Have you tried holding the power button down for like 2-5mins?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:13am On Jul 31, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
You don't move apps or download apps to SD card on Android anymore, they are automatically saved to your internal memory. The only option to do that makes you use your sd card as internal memory; thereby making your memory card useless outside your phone.
To free space, set your Xender, your pictures, videos and download paths to save to memory card.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenrevolt(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2018
Gptech:

Plug the phone for some time, say 20 minutes, then hold power button+ volume up at the same time for like 10secs and see if it takes you to recovery mode.

Have tried this... didn't work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shafiiimran99: 11:14am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:
Hello house,

Note:
Leave it like 10 minutes

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by zevous: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2018
Hardeysolution:
Guys please I need better clarification on this.. I'm thinking of getting my first ever Xiaomi phone on AliExpress but I've been hearing talks bouh custom duties/charges. Just want to know if it's normal and how much they charge.. Thanks in anticipation.
my brother save your self the heart trauma and order from jumia or ifedith.. post office and DHL will kill you with charges after waiting for weeks before your phone arrive

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2018
Gptech:

Was actually referring to Xiaomi earphones.

Ok tot Xiaomi generally
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:19am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:

Try it again. Hold for more than 10 secs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jimmyonyi: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2018
NoDulling4here:

How do you use yours?
Mine is 8 months and still working perfectly. Battery still lasts 3 weeks +. I have a second strap I haven't even touched.
can someone please explain the useful or the work of these mi band to me?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2018
Cassie74:

Well my band 2 is halfway dead... Just 5 months...the screen is blank

I take it you mean when you touch the soft touch button, nothing shows.

I thought it was indestructible. Mine has taken a great many beatings in the past 6 months.

It has been off for a while. Thanks for reminding me to charge it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenrevolt(m): 11:22am On Jul 31, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Have you tried holding the power button down for like 2-5mins?

Just tried this for a lil above 6 minutes... nothing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie74: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2018
NoDulling4here:

How do you use yours?

Guess I was just unlucky... was over pampering mine even.... it works but the screen is blank.. Just that I can't check time etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2018
papiforreal:
Redmi 5 plus or note 5?
Note 5 of course... Actually your budget grin
Both are available
Check my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kk4(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2018
My note 4x is having audio jack wahala.

If I plug the earpiece, I will still hear the sound from the phone speaker, when I remove the earpiece I don't hear anything from the phone until I restart the phone.

Someone should please advice me on what to do

Cc gptech grandmufti noobody other pros please cone to my rescue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:25am On Jul 31, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
Does that shi still works in 2018? grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenrevolt(m): 11:27am On Jul 31, 2018
GrandMufti:

Try it again. Hold for more than 10 secs

more than a minute... nothing still
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Mi 8 SE vs Nokia X6 speed test. See the beauty of AMOLED cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObsCHm3TN2c

What is up with MiUI? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:29am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:

Leave the phone to charge for long, you'll need the battery up. Does holding power button+ volume down take you to fastboot mode?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2018
Kk4:
My note 4x is having audio jack wahala.

If I plug the earpiece, I will still hear the sound from the phone speaker, when I remove the earpiece I don't hear anything from the phone until I restart the phone.

Someone should please advice me on what to do

Cc gptech grandmufti noobody other pros please cone to my rescue
Use cotton bud to clean the earpiece port.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Greenrevolt(m): 11:33am On Jul 31, 2018
Gptech:

Leave the phone to charge for long, you'll need the battery up. Does holding power button+ volume down take you to fastboot mode?

the screen doesn't come on AT ALL, so it doesnt enter fastboot mode... It doesn't even indicate that it is charging.

i will try the long charge tho' lemme see what happens
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shafiiimran99: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2018
Gptech:

You don't move apps or download apps to SD card on Android anymore, they are automatically saved to your internal memory. The only option to do that makes you use your sd card as internal memory; thereby making your memory card useless outside your phone.
To free space, set your Xender, your pictures, videos and download paths to save to memory card.
How can I set it as internal memory so that I will be able to download more apps?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 11:35am On Jul 31, 2018
Greenrevolt:

the screen doesn't come on AT ALL, so it doesnt enter fastboot mode... It doesn't even indicate that it is charging.

i will try the long charge tho' lemme see what happens

One of the Battery or the display unit might have disconnected from the motherboard. I'm no expert tho i think anyone who knows their way around android phones can open the phone just to check(not fix).
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2018
Shafiiimran99:

How can I set it as internal memory so that I will be able to download more apps?
I think that option is disabled in miui.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.