Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,154 members, 7,829,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9291856 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) (3292) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adeniyilamlek(m): 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
hardeycute:
wink Anyone in Ibadan that can help me install Gcam on my REDMI 5 plus?
am in Ibadan
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
hardeycute:
Sango, Ibadan. I attend Polyibadan

ma plaz is slightly far...
Unlock ya bootloader first..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2018
Protein0:

LATEST UPDATE!!! (01/08/2018)
XIAOMI
Redmi note 4x 3+16gb 50k
Redmi Note 4x 3+32gb 57.5k
Redmi 5 2+16gb 49k
Redmi 5 3+32gb 52k
Redmi 6pro 3+32gb 62k
Redmi 6pro 4+64gb 74k

Redmi note 5 3+32gb:62k
Redmi note 5 4+64gb:73k
Redmi note 5 6+64gb: 86k
Redmi 5plus 3+32gb: 57k
Redmi 5plus 4+64gb: 65k
Mi max 2 4+64gb 78k
Mi max 2 4+128gb 96k
Mi Max 3 4+64gb: 102k
MI 6x 4+64gb 99k
MI 6x 6+128gb 120k

Mi note 3 4+64gb: 106k
Mi note 3 6+64gb: 110k
Mi note 3 6+128gb: 123k
mi6 4+64gb 130k
Mi6 6+64gb 140k
Mi mix 2 6+64gb: 155k
Mi mix 2 6+128gb: 180k
Mi mix 2s: 195k
Black shark: 185k
Mi 8 SE 4+64gb 108k
Mi 8 SE 6+64gb 116k

Mi 8 64gb: 165k,
Mi 8 128gb: 170k

Mi 8 Explorer edition: 262k

Mi band 3: 13k

ONEPLUS
OnePlus 5t 6+64gb: 184k
OnePlus 5t 8+128gb: 210k
Oneplus 6: 64gb 185k
Oneplus 6 8+128gb: 205k
Oneplus 6 8+256gb: 240k

NOKIA
Nokia X6 4+32gb: 83k
4+64gb: 89k

POWERBANKS
Xiaomi 2 10,000mah: 7k
Xiaomi 2c (new model) 20,000mah: 12.5k

5-7working days delivery to Lagos.
Outside-Lagos bound orders will be waybilled afterwards.
Two tempered glasses and one silicone case gifts for every phone.
Interested? Call/WhatsApp 07063579846
Thanks kiss kiss
kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
salmaz:
Finally.... joined the Xiaomi Family!
I decided to try our sellers here believing where AliExpress failed, they'll deliver as my 2 different orders of Xiaomi phone was shipped but never landed and opted for MACBEYLAND.
He delivered within 4 days through EMS but Alas the phone came with a FACTORY DEFECT!
Screen never wakes up after going to sleep... tapping screen/connecting charger/power button and vol keys all couldn't do EXCEPT you restarted but phone must not go to sleep! Updating/factory reset never solves the issue.
Contacted MACBEYLAND narrating the problem..he offered technical support with GPTECH also making inputs to no avail.
Without hesitation he asked for a return that he'll send a replacement... I was like could this be real as I teared nylon myself so he could claim it's not his doing but he places Integrity above business.
I Return the phone with all freebies he sent with it thinking he'll check if the problem can be solved and return same back but got another surprise as he informed he'd shipped the replacement even before the former arrives.
The replacement even came with more freebies than the previous one...2 tempered glass, 32GB memory card, phone holder and earpiece.
MACBEYLAND has shown that your integrity matters in business.... prospective buyers should trust this guy while sellers should emulate him.
MACBEYLAND....a trusted and reliable seller. Have more prosperous business ahead. Keep it up brother!
Nigeria will get better. And it begins with individual. Integrity is the word. That's what many people don't know. Fast money never last but integrity people do.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
irunmoleagba:

XDA developers, I got a noded one for my phobe.
Do I need root access?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
adeniyilamlek:
am in Ibadan
Can you help me with the Gcam installation?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2018
gidieberry:
ma plaz is slightly far...
Unlock ya bootloader first..
Your Whatsapp no

Do I need to download MI unlock before I can unlock bootloader?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gbodimowo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2018
Thanks guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seamione(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2018
Despite the risks involved, majority will still want to get the best from their device, especially with this gcam mod. And I think this is what this thread is meant for. So instead of discouraging people or scaring them off, I'll suggest we rather give proper guide on how to go about setting things up with adequate note of caution.
On this note, I suggest that someone create a step by step tutorial(if possible, a video, just like dustmalik did on setting up ntel network) on how to
Unlock bootloader
Install custom recovery
Obtain root (either magisk or super...)
Enable camera2Api
Install gcam

I know Jboixx has something similar but I think we need a recent procedure as some things have slightly changed.
I miss the days of redmi note 2 where there was nothing like unlocking bootloader

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seamione:
Despite the risks involved, majority will still want to get the best from their device, especially with this gcam mod. And I think this is what this thread is meant for. So instead of discouraging people or scaring them off, I'll suggest we rather give proper guide on how to go about setting things up with adequate note of caution.
On this note, I suggest that someone create a step by step tutorial(if possible, a video, just like dustmalik did on setting up ntel network) on how to
Unlock bootloader
Install custom recovery
Enable camera2Api
Install gcam

I know Jboixx has something similar but I think we need a recent procedure as some things have slightly changed.
I miss the days of redmi note 2 where there was nothing like unlocking bootloader
Everything you need is on YouTube.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KCnaira(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
[quote author=KCnaira post=69967412]
Clean used xiaomi redmi note 4x Sold.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seamione:
Unlock bootloader
Install custom recovery
Enable camera2Api
Install gcam

download videos on guidelines ... Tws fun sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seamione:
Unlock bootloader
Install custom recovery
Enable camera2Api
Install gcam

You don't teach people how to root overnight, the person that intends to root would have to first make his or her research and not depend on what one person says. This does not involve any form of hand-holding or spoonfeeding. Read,read and read until you have an idea. To advise one to use their phones the way it is, is absolutely not discouraging them. Vosquare nearly gave up when his phone got bricked but all thanks to adamix who brought the phone from the dead.

My take is don't take blame anyone or the brand if anything goes wrong.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bola4dprec(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2018
BJVQP play now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jedisco(m): 3:06pm On Aug 04, 2018
frankyvalll:
there is no band 28 and nothing will happen to ur network connectivity
Ok. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sway112: 3:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
Anti Roll Back Issue

So people still seems to be having doubts about anti roll back (ARB) so making another post.

Check out these posts first and go through all the links mentioned in the post as well

https:///rn5prodownloads/416

Official Annoucement (http://en.miui.com/thread-3156438-1-1.html)

Also check this OUT- https:///rn5prodownloads/438

Q:How to check ARB version of my ROM?
A: in fastboot mode use “fastboot getvar anti”

Q: How to Flash custom recovery on MIUI with anti v4
A: Check https:///rn5prodownloads/445 and https:///rn5prodownloads/449

Q: i am on xyz MIUI ROM with anti v4. can i flash custom ROM?
A: Yes you can. doesn’t matter which arb version you are on. Custom rom scene hasn’t changed. just don’t flash any firmware zips. if you are on arb v4 then use firmware zips of arb v4 only. Also read https:///whyredofficial/63284

Q: Does unlocking bootloader on xyz MIUI version or anti version 3/4 bricks my device.
A: No it doesn’t.

Q: Does locking bootloader on xyz MIUI version or anti version 3/4 bricks my device.
A: No it doesn’t

Q: Can i flash EU rom or masik or xyz custom MIUI ROM?
A: Yes you can, read their thread or go through their update post in our channel https:///rn5proofficial . its normally mentiond which anti version they are on. if not then visit eu forums and post your question there instead of waiting for someone to answer your question. Masik ROMs don’t have any anti version so u can flash them even if you are coming from ARB 3 or ARB 4. even after this i urge you to heck their post.

Q: Can i upgrade to MIUI roms without upgrading my ARB version. i am on ARB v3?
A: Yes you can . Check this XDA thread. http://whyred.tk/arbfreexda

� MIUI 10 8.7.5 and MIUI 9 9.5.17 are on anti v3. MIUI builds before this are on anti v3 as well.
If you are on these ROMs then forget everything. Just don’t upgrade to any MIUI builds with ARB v4 or any custom MIUI builds ( for custom MIUI builds you have to check their threads for each new build)
you can try custom ROMs, do everything as usual

� MIUI 10 8.7.9 or MIUI 9 9.5.19 are anti v4 and all versions after this.
On these builds. Never downgrade to any MIUI build with ARB v4. You can upgrade or downgrade as much as you want as long as you stay on builds with ARB v4.
you can try as many custom ROMs as you want. check https:///whyredofficial/63284

� and if you are still very confused and don’t know about your current MIUI ARB version then just try custom roms. and switch back to same MIUI build which you were on before custom ROMs.

�Custom ROMs (Not talking about custom MIUI roms here ) don’t include anything realted to this anti version upgrade or downgrade but if you flash something else like firmware zip like that then make sure its from the same ROMs as your last MIUI build. (most important is that those zips should be from same ARB version. If you were on rom with ARB version 4 then only flash firmware zips from ROM with ARB v4) Like you were on anti v4 then those firmware should be from ROMs with anti v4 as well.

� you can flash any MIUI build as long as you stay on same anti version or upgrade your anti version. Just don’t flash any miui build that downgrades your anti version

�Possible SOLUTION for bricked devices

Not a guranteed solution. SO just try and see if its working for you.
http://en.miui.com/thread-3254707-1-1.html

.1. Download 8.7.12 fasbtoot file
2. use mi flash tool from whyred.tk/miflashportable
3. use the tool after you get authorization from the above mentioned forum thread.

IMPORTANT: you can downgrade miui version, switch from china to global, beta to stable. As long as you stay on same anti version. Anti version is important. You can stay on same anti version or upgrade anti version. You just can’t downgrade anti version. Thats it. Miui version doesn’t matter. Anti version matter. Downgrading anti version bricks your device. I have downgraded from MIUI 8.7.12 to MIUI 9 9.5.19 and then switched to MIUI china 8.7.19 and then downgraded to global beta miui 10 8.7.12. Because all of them are on same anti version. Just use any custom recovery

Published by kapiljhajhria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by slye(m): 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2018
New Essential Phone PH-1 available + Poetic case
SD 835
4GB 128GB

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by J0nyb0y(m): 4:48pm On Aug 04, 2018
Guys, which should one go for.... In terms of overall performance
OnePlus 3 or Note 5 both 6gb ram version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sanandreas(m): 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2018
Those Gcam pictures are crispy. I am tempted. Let me start reading about it. Have any one installed gcam on redmi note 5a prime?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2018
J0nyb0y:

Oneplus 3...

But if u r on a budget and u care bout the 18:9 screen ratio,then the note 5 6gb ram is good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nastydroid(m): 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2018
irunmoleagba:

XDA developers, I got a noded one for my phobe.
did yoi enable root access first? is it working along side with stock camera? is the Gcam integrated into your other apps?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilclin(m): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2018
J0nyb0y:
one plus 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by irunmoleagba: 5:16pm On Aug 04, 2018
papiforreal:
Do I need root access?
Yes!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by irunmoleagba: 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nastydroid:
did yoi enable root access first? is it working along side with stock camera? is the Gcam integrated into your other apps?

YES I enabled root access. Stock Camera stopped working when I enabled Camera2 API. You can set as default for camera prompts.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sanandreas(m): 5:24pm On Aug 04, 2018
irunmoleagba:

YES I enabled root access. Stock Camera stopped working when I enabled Camera2 API. You can set as default for camera prompts.

Nice job u did there. Did u wait for two weeks to unlock bootloader?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2018
J0nyb0y:

OnePlus 3.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by absodiq(m): 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Please which of the xaomi phone will glo 4g work on??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obascoetubi: 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2018
irunmoleagba:

what is special about Gcam compare to normal camera? can u upload picture u took with gcam?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Seamione:
Unlock bootloader
Install custom recovery
Enable camera2Api
Install gcam

These things are all over the internet, but people are not interested in reading about something anymore, they want Spoon-feeding...ill share a link soon with detailed guide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2018
This is a guide on installing gcam on RN5...
Works for most xiaomi devices too,just get your individual custom recovery and a gcam version for your phone
http://whyred.tk/gcamguide

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2018
salmaz:
Finally.... joined the Xiaomi Family!
I decided to try our sellers here believing where AliExpress failed, they'll deliver as my 2 different orders of Xiaomi phone was shipped but never landed and opted for MACBEYLAND.
He delivered within 4 days through EMS but Alas the phone came with a FACTORY DEFECT!
Screen never wakes up after going to sleep... tapping screen/connecting charger/power button and vol keys all couldn't do EXCEPT you restarted but phone must not go to sleep! Updating/factory reset never solves the issue.
Contacted MACBEYLAND narrating the problem..he offered technical support with GPTECH also making inputs to no avail.
Without hesitation he asked for a return that he'll send a replacement... I was like could this be real as I teared nylon myself so he could claim it's not his doing but he places Integrity above business.
I Return the phone with all freebies he sent with it thinking he'll check if the problem can be solved and return same back but got another surprise as he informed he'd shipped the replacement even before the former arrives.
The replacement even came with more freebies than the previous one...2 tempered glass, 32GB memory card, phone holder and earpiece.
MACBEYLAND has shown that your integrity matters in business.... prospective buyers should trust this guy while sellers should emulate him.
MACBEYLAND....a trusted and reliable seller. Have more prosperous business ahead. Keep it up brother!

Wow! Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'm glad you got value for your money. It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2018
Been quite a hectic day. I have been in a church programme. My apologies to all those who called me on phone but didn't get any response.

Abeg make una no vex. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3286) (3287) (3288) (3289) (3290) (3291) (3292) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.