Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3678) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9352895 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3675) (3676) (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adefowowe89: 2:18pm On Oct 11, 2018
genius43:

Ok

please I checked my delivery using Nipost online tracking and it appeared country Singapore, event type insert item into bag. does it mean it's in Nigeria and by extension in Nipost. plus can I go to the Nipost closest to me now? thank
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yusuff4u2c(m): 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
GrandMufti:

Switch the other Sim to 2g.

Update to miui 10, backup and factory reset

I'm already on Miui 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2018
Brand new Xiaomi
Redmi 4a 2gb 32gb.... 35200k(black)
Redmi 5 plus 3gb 32gb.... 55800(black) 55200(gold)
Redmi note 5 32gb 3gb.... 60k(gold)
Redmi note 5 global version 4gb 64gb.... 70k(gold)
Xiaomi mi max 2 4gb 64gb... 83k(gold)
Payment on delivery available
Next day free delivery within Lagos.
070three1080two87
Check my signature.
Xiaomi mi a2... 64gb 4gb... 87000... Black or blue
Xiaomi black shark... 6gb 64gb... 194500.
Xiaomi mi 8....6gb 128gbe...184300... Any color
Xiaomi mi max 3 4gb 64gb... 106400
Xiaomi mi 8 se... 4gb 64gb... 117800
Xiaomi Pocophone f1...6gb 128gb... 135300
Xiaomi mi mix 2s....6gb 64gb... 1741000
No custom issues...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yusuff4u2c(m): 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
GrandMufti:

Switch the other Sim to 2g.

Update to miui 10, backup and factory reset
I don't seem to get how to put the other Sim on 2g sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 2:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
IAmPhiL:
pls which phone within the price range of 40-60k has the best front camera quality, i mean really good camera.

thanks
Note 5...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 2:29pm On Oct 11, 2018
Adefowowe89:

please I checked my delivery using Nipost online tracking and it appeared country Singapore, event type insert item into bag. does it mean it's in Nigeria and by extension in Nipost. plus can I go to the Nipost closest to me now? thank
Boss calm down grin grin grin e never reach nigeria at all, if e do reach naija na lagos go dey there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 11, 2018
GrandMufti:

Reboot and copy all files you need and start afresh.

Or just flash twrp recovery inside twrp
i finally bricked it oo. It took me time to unbrick using fastboot after copying the lazy flasher and magisk to external SD. i was able to flash them but And all my data gone. I cant access the twrp unless i connect to pc and rootchecker didnt verify root either. I think am doing many things wrong. i will retry later when am totally free. Thanks very much for the assistance, i really appreciate you all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2018
Hello house.. .
Please is it true that ads are now present on miui 10??!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genabc(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2018
macbeyland:

Should we now discard it because of the Nigerian usage as opposed to its real/original meaning?

Truth is the lady just learnt something this morning (just as you did the other day) and I'm sure she's grateful for it.

Language is dynamic and it should be used within the semantic interpretation of the immediate community, that's why we have American English, British English, Australian English, South African English, Nigerian English etc. That's what we call varieties of English with slit semantic interpretation. So if tout in Nigeria means "bad" it's bad. That's why dictionary is been revised everytime to accommodate new views. Language is descriptive not prescriptive. Pls change this ur notion of Tout on this platform. This's Nig and it's Nig English which is highly correct and permissible in Language study, Thanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
Exactly .....buh what do we know cheesy Some Nairalanders have had rough experiences with vendors on different threads, imagine if a guest on those threads visit here and start seeing 'touts' upandan .....of course they would conclude wrongly. I think Seun and co should force the correct use of 'vendor' instead of 'tout' ...that would help I guess before Nairaland is labeled 'toutland' undecided

genabc:

Language is dynamic and it should be used within the semantic interpretation of the immediate community, that's why we have American English, British English, Australian English, South African English, Nigerian English etc. That's what we call varieties of English with slit semantic interpretation. So if tout in Nigeria means "bad" it's bad. That's why dictionary is been revised everytime to accommodate new views. Language is descriptive not prescriptive. Pls change this ur notion of Tout on this platform. This's Nig and it's Nig English which is highly correct and permissible in Language study, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 3:02pm On Oct 11, 2018
bigtt76:
Exactly .....buh what do we know cheesy Some Nairalanders have had rough experiences with vendors on different threads, imagine if a guest on those threads visit here and start seeing 'touts' upandan .....of course they would conclude wrongly. I think Seun and co should force the correct use of 'vendor' instead of 'tout' ...that would help I guess before Nairaland is labeled 'toutland' undecided

Elite opinion this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dmedalion: 3:04pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tiger2020:
the kind of swipe up that is in infinix note 5 where you swipe up on the home screen to open app menu
ohh...install Poco Launcher
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by grinface98(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2018
Tiger2020:
the kind of swipe up that is in infinix note 5 where you swipe up on the home screen to open app menu
Try Nova Launcher.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
Adefowowe89:

It has not been dispatched, be patient

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
genabc:

Pls get me a Nigerian dictionary let's check out the meaning of tout.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamieLannister: 3:30pm On Oct 11, 2018
Abeg which TOUT fit land Xiaomi TV without Customs wahala?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JamieLannister: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
macbeyland:

Pls get me a Nigerian dictionary let's check out the meaning of tout.

How far with those Xiaomi ceiling lights? Have you landed any?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:31pm On Oct 11, 2018
yusuff4u2c:

I don't seem to get how to put the other Sim on 2g sir

For better battery experience, backup to an external drive and factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
JamieLannister:

How far with those Xiaomi ceiling lights? Have you landed any?

I have some cheaper ones available but not xiaomi..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
FOR SALE

US USED

ALL NO BOX

Galaxy S9 - 175K
iPhone 7 32GB - 125K
iPhone 7 128GB - 155K
iPhone 8 64GB Cracked - 160K
iPhone 8 256GB Chip Unlocked - 185K
iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Chip Unlocked - 155K

SLIGHTLY NEGOTIABLE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 3:50pm On Oct 11, 2018
macbeyland:

Power banks have just the same effect as your normal charger on the battery. Batteries need energy to charge, it's the same energy that kills them.
not entirely true. Fake power bank just line fake charger will spoil the battery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tommymoi(m): 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2018
GrandMufti:

Is your phone working now? We didn't hear from you again!
I was able to gain access via mi assistant because my data was on, and I removed the fingerprint and password pending the time I'll do factory reset cos my battery too is draining like mad. Thanks for your assistance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 3:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
macbeyland:

pics please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 4:10pm On Oct 11, 2018
macbeyland:

Otigba grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 4:19pm On Oct 11, 2018
daamazing:
smh. Nonsense
grin couldn't use ntel for 5-6 days now, dem don collect my 3k, dem no gree give me data
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ridwan29: 4:33pm On Oct 11, 2018
For sale Clean like brand new xiaomi mi mix 6gig of ram wt 256 inbuilt memory with all accessories @162K Negotiable no low ball. Call or WhatsApp 08109684273
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2018
genabc:

oga, a word that has a universally approved meaning should be used in that context. Stop excusing ignorance. In law we say, "ignorance of the law isn't an excuse" use words in their correct meanings. Tell me five words that in Britain they have one meaning, in America another meaning, Australia another meaning, and then in Nigeria another meaning. Just five.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2018
lilclin:
you can downgrade and upgrade to any version of miui using pitchblack recovery.. it won't brick your device whether anti 3 or 4
have you used this recovery before?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 4:41pm On Oct 11, 2018
fight will soon start
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirLanko1: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2018
Help. I connected my RN5 with a laptop just now and it only charging. It doesn't show that it connected as USB to send or receive files.

What can be possibly wrong?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:46pm On Oct 11, 2018
Ifedith:
I thought the word some is not a general... O well...
read your earlier post, then show where you used 'some'
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:47pm On Oct 11, 2018
SirLanko1:
try another cord

(1) (2) (3) ... (3675) (3676) (3677) (3678) (3679) (3680) (3681) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.