Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,868 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9475288 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) (3725) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2018
Ethereum:

I was Finally able to resolve the issue,even flashing fastboot rom couldn't resolve it.Seems some nigerian IP re being blacklisted from connecting to xiaomi servers so all i did was to use a VPN(USA IP) to update the system apps. Also Battery seems okay now.
Thank you GrandMufti bigtt76 and others who helped.More ethereum to your ERC20 wallets grin
I need some ethereum grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bagger293: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2018
Good day My Fellow Xiaomites. I'm using a new Redmi 5 Plus which I got on Thursday..please analyse my battery level I hope it's normal?? . I use two sims..one for browsing and the other for making calls..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
macbeyland:

1 pcs of xiaomi Mi a2 lite 32gb gold color available @62k/pc

One xiaomi redmi note 5 Global Version gold color available @62k

2 piece of Umidigi One Pro 4gb RAM 64GB ROM available @65k each.

Mixza Tohaoll Micro SD card available @1700 for 32gb, 1600 for 16gb, 1500 for 8gb. All bulk purchase of 10 pieces minimum.

Single piece cost 3500 for 32gb, 2700 for 16gb.

Lots of Mi band 3 available @10k each.

360 degree case and 5D glass protectors available for redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus, mi a2 lite and mi max 3 @800 naira/piece for 5D glass and 1400 naira/ piece for 360 degree case
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dimex03(m): 1:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
Please i need an explanation on how this Aliexpress 11:11 promo works. Because the price i saw there is still the same price outside and inside the promo. Just that the promo gives you chance to pre order by paying some few amount before the promo day. I need a clear explanation please. Help a bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrafordSTONES(m): 1:43pm On Oct 20, 2018
Frankenstein:

Please offer a review. How's the phone?

well the phone is sleek...with a nice user interface, the battery is also good. But the camera like all Xiaomis is wack, I'm even thinking of rooting and installing Gcam. Summarily the phone minus the picture software is nice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
StrafordSTONES:

well the phone is sleek...with a nice user interface, the battery is also good. But the camera like all Xiaomis is wack, I'm even thinking of rooting and installing Gcam. Summarily the phone minus the picture software is nice

Here we go again with lies!!! Really? All xiaomi devices? The kind of bullsh$t some people spew on this thread though. SMH.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:56pm On Oct 20, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Here we go again with lies!!! Really? All xiaomi devices? The kind of bullsh$t some people spew on this thread though. SMH.

I tire oo. ..when they nor know how to snap pissure

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2018
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:59pm On Oct 20, 2018

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrafordSTONES(m): 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
fibonacci2526:

error of generalisation...my bad!!!...the two Xiaomis I have seen (redmi note 5A and and redmi note 4x) have not really passed the camera test
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

What he said was very careless. People just like to run their mouths with no proof.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StrafordSTONES(m): 2:04pm On Oct 20, 2018
MeshachMARTINS:

teach me na oga
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:09pm On Oct 20, 2018
bily:

Coming from someone that has a DSLR camera and a photography knowledge, I would say phone cameras are what it, and you actually pay for what you get.

However, what google did with gcam, I would say it's unbelievable. I would never have imagined software could make so much difference. I'm sure I would have argued with anyone about this in the past. But gcam has humbled me.

Now I can know the limits imposed by hardware can be broken at an exponential level based on software in some cases.

You would not believe me, some shots with gcam viewed on a small screen can be comparable to shots on DSLR viewed on the same small screen.

Recently someone with an iPhone x had to beg me to transfer the pictures I took with gcam on a dirt cheap Samsung a5 2017 as the pictures I took with gcam was way better than the ones he took with his iPhone x.
For most Samsung phones however, camera2api is enabled by default, so no rooting or flashing is needed to install gcam

Will I advice newbies to root because of gcam? No.
Does gcam make a difference in mobile photography? Yes, a big one!

Ultimately, everyone is responsible for their decisions with respect you their phones and the corresponding outcome of the decisions assuming we are all above 18.so if you like use your phone the way it is, if you like install anything you let, it's your phone. But dont come crying when you brick am or blame seller as this is so wrong
I love this comment, was just like you some months back(never believed software can make such a huge difference), I too use Gcam and also a DSLR, the outcome really is mind blowing. The main limitation still is in low light for mobile photography. About your last statement, this issue has been treated many times here, that's why there's a second thread, but many still bring such issues here either deliberately or not.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 2:34pm On Oct 20, 2018
Dimex03:
Please i need an explanation on how this Aliexpress 11:11 promo works. Because the price i saw there is still the same price outside and inside the promo. Just that the promo gives you chance to pre order by paying some few amount before the promo day. I need a clear explanation please. Help a bro

The promo hasn't really started, all they are trying to say is you can take advantage of some "cool" items by pre-ordering them with a token. I wouldn't if I were you though, wait for the real sales where you would be able to apply coupons etc.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:36pm On Oct 20, 2018
I took this picture in a moving bus at Lokoja. And someone is saying Xiaomi cameras are wack.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2018
genius43:
I took this picture in a moving bus at Lokoja. And someone is saying Xiaomi cameras are wack.

People who compare it with TECNO claim it's wack. I would have to do another camera comparison test.

Did one early this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxq-fYt0V0E

P.S My Redmi Note 6 Pro has been shipped finally grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:50pm On Oct 20, 2018
Jessewhyte:
I need some ethereum grin

What is ethereum

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dimex03(m): 2:51pm On Oct 20, 2018
fibonacci2526:

The promo hasn't really started, all they are trying to say is you can take advantage of some "cool" items by pre-ordering them with a token. I wouldn't if I were you though, wait for the real sales where you would be able to apply coupons etc.
thanks @fibonacci.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
henry007:

People who compare it with TECNO claim it's wack. I would have to do a camera comparison test.

Please do. I used a Camon CX air before this and I can say I prefer the pictures taken by my Redmi Note 5 save for the selfie camera at low-light because of the LED flashlight.

My aunt's Infinix Hot 4 even took better pictures than the CX Air.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2018
henry007:

People who compare it with TECNO claim it's wack. I would have to do another camera comparison test.

Did one early this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxq-fYt0V0E

Finally grin, tell me your location, we fit nr wait for your note 6 to arrive, I believe you already have the best from Tecno grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yusuff4u2c(m): 3:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
StrafordSTONES:

You people can be funny sha... Kúkú go and get iPhone....

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
genius43:

You live in Lokoja? That's the town I grew up in. Still got presence there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 3:26pm On Oct 20, 2018
genius43:

Please do. I used a Camon CX air before this and I can say I prefer the pictures taken by my Redmi Note 5 save for the selfie camera at low-light because of the LED flashlight.

My aunt's Infinix Hot 4 even took better pictures than the CX Air.

CX Air was nothing like CX o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bagger293: 3:32pm On Oct 20, 2018
bagger293:
Good day My Fellow Xiaomites. I'm using a new Redmi 5 Plus which I got on Thursday..please analyse my battery level I hope it's normal?? . I use two sims..one for browsing and the other for making calls..
Good day fellow Xiaomites please help me here.. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:34pm On Oct 20, 2018
macbeyland:

You live in Lokoja? That's the town I grew up in. Still got presence there.

Nah. I was enroute Benin when I took that picture
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
henry007:

CX Air was nothing like CX o

Except that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
Another random picture I took last week. Had to use WhatsApp to reduce the size though. Nairaland was saying Entity too large

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 3:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
Gptech:

Finally grin, tell me your location, we fit nr wait for your note 6 to arrive, I believe you already have the best from Tecno grin.

The next phantom is not here yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frankenstein: 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
StrafordSTONES:

Does it have flash charge and what's the price?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CuteMaro(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2018

Finally. Hope mine gets shipped too anytime soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aadoiza: 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2018
CuteMaro:
Guys i changed my mind about waiting for November 11th. As my current phone is a mess right now.
I ordered the redmi note 6 pro 4gb ram 64gb rom through Nobody today. Cheers !
Better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2018
CuteMaro:

Finally. Hope mine gets shipped too anytime soon.

Did you buy from Jumia?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3719) (3720) (3721) (3722) (3723) (3724) (3725) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.