Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,861 members, 7,862,844 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9489790 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) (3733) (3734) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 6:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
Pls help me . My magisk manager looks fine and normal. I install busybox from magisk manager but i cant find the icon on my app drawer. Must i downloaded the apk before i can see the app icon? Im on lollipop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2018
Deeni131:
Pls help me . My magisk manager looks fine and normal. I install busybox from magisk manager but i cant find the icon on my app drawer. Must i downloaded the apk before i can see the app icon? Im on lollipop
Busybox icon or magisk icon?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
Exactly. In addition, I locked some apps like my settings, and messages using the App Lock feature and I enabled the second space where I installed bank apps and other sensitive apps. With the 360 degree case, I prevent those who like removing your phone from its case to play with grin

yusuff4u2c:

Same here... And what I like most is that people return my phone to me when they get lost looking for navigation keys... grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2018
Deeni131:

How did u get it.
Launcher - POCO launcher

Theme - World Black (designed by Rahul)

Icon - from Reflection theme

Cc Arcbash
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Arcbash: 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
No. 1
This can be resolved via apps on play store or when Xiaomi decides to issue a fix via software update

No. 2
This already exist on the device. Enable Automatic Brightness level under Display menu on your device settings.

No. 3
You basically got the quality commensurate to the cost of the device. It's not a flagship device so a lot is traded away to make it cheap.

Enjoy your device and shut your eyes or ears to negativity grin

What is the name of the app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlvaroMorata(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
Camera is bad, Camera is bad, picture quality is shit and so on...
make una drop the so-called bad pictures make we see & judge na.. smiley

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2018
AlvaroMorata:
Camera is bad, Camera is bad, picture quality is shit and so on...
amake una drop the so-called bad pictures make we see & judge na.. smiley

The respect I get for xiaomi much

The first xiaomi I used was a xiaomi note 1 or so, refurbished device, 4gb 64gb, even as Na fake, d camera Na die

But that note 5 Ai, I no just understand

Isn't Ai supposed to be a picture enhancer?

That particular phone has a very horrible camera

EVen note 4x better pass am

The guy I sold the phone to is on this thread and still lamenting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2018
bobo65:

The first xiaomi I used was a xiaomi note 1 or so, refurbished device, 4gb 64gb, even as Na fake, d camera Na die

The Camera is not bad but the complains should be on the default camera app.

Am okay whit my back camera output which I use the most.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2018
bobo65:

lmao, rn4 with gcam don spoil you jo, no be say d camera bad.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilclin(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2018
acekid109:
lmao, rn4 with gcam don spoil you jo, no be say d camera bad.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Arcbash: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
hardeycute:
If yours is dark, what can I call mine?
Pls the name the themes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bily(m): 6:52pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
He's only buttressing more on your post not and admonishing people not to discourage others. Not accusing you grin but if he did... You gonna beating him up? cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue :-

Do I look like a tout? tongue grin
Apologies to the phone sellers here. I know una like to dey call una sef touts grin grin
I no go school. Tout wey I sabi na area boys grin tongue

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thorby(m): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
bobo65:

Lol, u just wan spoil this phone for us. Na me buy the phone from you o. But the first time I got the phone, I was a Lil disappointed with the front camera, well maybe cos of the hype I got here. But albeit, the camera is not bad at all, comparing it with other common devices within its range.
I was opportune to compare it with Infinix Note 5 stylus, Damn, that phone camera na real poo. RN5 beat it hands down. The RN5 camera isn't bad at all since it's a mid range device.

21 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Arcbash: 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2018
hardeycute:
Launcher - POCO launcher

Theme - World Black (designed by Rahul)

Icon - from Reflection theme

Cc Arcbash
Is there any way that i can change the app drawer background?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Optionally(f): 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2018
If it's not about Gcam it is rooting.
If it not rooting it's the ads and many more.
Too much arguments,I'm having headache sef because of this gcam thing.
U guys have eventually made yourselves to believe that your phones camera are awful without gcam.
Abeg go and check gsmarena review of the RN5 and stop all the complaint and argument its making dis thread drysad.
Ifedith hw ur sidecheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 7:18pm On Oct 21, 2018
Thorby:

Lol, u just wan spoil this phone for us. Na me buy the phone from you o. But the first time I got the phone, I was a Lil disappointed with the front camera, well maybe cos of the hype I got here. But albeit, the camera is not bad at all, comparing it with other common devices within its range.
I was opportune to compare it with Infinix Note 5 stylus, Damn, that phone camera na real poo. RN5 beat it hands down. The RN5 camera isn't bad at all since it's a mid range device.

Okay o
My conscience don free
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thorby(m): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2018
bobo65:

Okay o
My conscience don free
Lol Baba, na Google camera don spoil you. U no fit use anything less.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JOETITUS(m): 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hahaha truly One cannot satisfy some persons. So some people still complain about RN5. Na wah, I don't think One could get a phone with this spec and at this cost.. I used it for 3days so far, I am satisfy with my RN5.

My advice, pls go for it, it is a good phone for its price.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2018
Let's just open xiaomi problems and complaints thread so it can just hit 5000pages na grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2018
Arcbash:

Is there any way that i can change the app drawer background?
No, except you don't use POCO launcher and system launcher does not have an app drawer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
Nice but I love mine dark and simple. No to much decorations of icons undecided

Did you enable the full screen display option? I did and I'm enjoying it to bits grin gives me more screen area.

Oya see bright and simple grin . .
Its not a xiaomi phone tho,just a launcher

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2018
Better still wink

Swipe left for app drawer

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2018
Thorby:

Lol Baba, na Google camera don spoil you. U no fit use anything less.

Swear down fam
Pixel 3 wen money complete

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
I don't understand all these hues and cries over gcam and no gcam. This is the reason why when I'm buying any device, I don't go about asking questions or even flaunting it. People with their mouth can make you hate what you so much desire.

If you want dslr level of phone camera photographs, please go for flagship devices like Nokia that uses Carl Zeiss lens or Samsung or iPhone. Don't come and hide under mid-range devices that some of us love and cherish as it is and be bad mouthing it.

Life with RN5 does not begin and end with gcam. Those calling it 'poo' or whatever I'm not sure can manufacture a case cover talk less of writing the camera app codes but will be quick to condemn other people's hard work and sweat.

If you want a phone with excellent camera by all means go for a flagship device and don't be bother. kiss

Couldn't have said it better myself kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:03pm On Oct 21, 2018
Optionally:
If it's not about Gcam it is rooting.
If it not rooting it's the ads and many more.
Too much arguments,I'm having headache sef because of this gcam thing.
U guys have eventually made yourselves to believe that your phones camera are awful without gcam.
Abeg go and check gsmarena review of the RN5 and stop all the complaint and argument its making dis thread drysad.
Ifedith hw ur sidecheesy
Good evening fair lady..
I dey jejely o... As d discussion no consign me na.... I no dey take pics... As I no fine... cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2018
Brand new Xiaomi
Redmi 4a 2gb 32gb.... 35200k(black)
Redmi 5 plus 3gb 32gb.... 55800(black) 5300(gold) 54900(blue)
Redmi note 5 32gb 3gb.... 60k(gold)
Xiaomi mi max 2 4gb 64gb... 83k(gold)
Payment on delivery available
Next day free delivery within Lagos.
070three1080two87
Check my signature.
Xiaomi mi a2... 64gb 4gb... 87000... Black or blue
Xiaomi black shark... 6gb 64gb... 194500.
Xiaomi mi 8....6gb 128gbe...184300... Any color
Xiaomi mi max 3 4gb 64gb... 106400
Xiaomi mi 8 se... 4gb 64gb... 117800
Xiaomi Pocophone f1...6gb 128gb... 135300
Xiaomi mi mix 2s....6gb 64gb... 1741000
No custom issues...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Optionally(f): 8:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
Ifedith:

Good evening fair lady..
I dey jejely o... As d discussion no consign me na.... I no dey take pics... As I no fine... cheesy
i mentioned u in superd d1 thread.
Please reply abi are u not familiar with jumiacheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ubev01(m): 8:13pm On Oct 21, 2018
LethargiQue:

No it can't. I have tried. Plus I'm hoping xiaomi does something about it. That's basically what I typed up there..

Did you see the part where I typed that even at maximum brightness it's still difficult to see? Check unboxing videos on YouTube. The unboxers have complained about the same thing. I think I do sort of understand the concept of automatic brightness fairly enough, I wouldn't be using it if I didn't.
use the manual brightness instead of auto
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:24pm On Oct 21, 2018
bigtt76:
Ok but it seem you are still on Miui 9.5 or so? Why not upgrade to Miui 10 and see if any difference? Attached is what the panel looks like now undecided

Good to know you're well grounded on the Auto brightness thingy grin but have you tried testing the light sensors on the front panel to make sure it's working correctly?

Sincerely speaking, I've used my RN5 under the hottest and brightest Sun light without visibility issues... I might be wrong though undecided

Who do you still communicate with via BBM? undecided

Ain't seen that icon in years

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bigtt76(f): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2018
Hahaha just a single contact there a very close person grin

2kurupt:

Who do you still communicate with via BBM? undecided

Ain't seen that icon in years

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flexerking(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2018
those of una wer de complain of note 5 camera for the past 5 pages. u buy fone at this price point with good specs and battery (quick charge) just to say the camera was not up to expectations instead of coming here and saying the camera is *poo*.

sad someone said the word poo where are u.if u want better camera go for a flagship like they said. dont complain of bad camera on a mid ranger its not done anywhere.

peace ✌

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:34pm On Oct 21, 2018
It's okay o, the talk don too long. A judge would have even adjourn this kind of case indefinitely.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3728) (3729) (3730) (3731) (3732) (3733) (3734) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.