Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (3831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9168259 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
macbeyland:
1 PC's of xiaomi redmi note 5AI 64gb Black available @72k per piece (Pls no bargain)

1 pcs of xiaomi redmi note 5 Global rom gold color available @70k (Last price,)

Freebies include
2 tempered glass
1 360 degree case
1 earpiece
1 memory card.
1 extra original Xiaomi micro USB cable, for old customers.

Xiaomi 2c 20,000mah power bank loading. 40 pieces being expected this week. Selling price is 10k per piece.

Xiaomi Amazfit Bip 7 pieces also expected @25k per piece

Mi band 3 10 pcs expected @10k per piece.

1 piece of Umidigi One Pro 4gb RAM 64GB ROM available @65k each.

Mixza Tohaoll Micro SD card available @1700 for 32gb, 1600 for 16gb, 1500 for 8gb. All bulk purchase of 10 pieces minimum.

Single piece cost 3500 for 32gb, 2700 for 16gb.

360 degree case and 5D glass protectors available for redmi note 5, redmi 5 plus, mi a2 lite and mi max 3 @800 naira/piece for 5D glass and 1400 naira/ piece for 360 degree case
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2018
henry007:

I was talking to grinface98 who bought Redmi 5 Plus.

Pretty sure he spent more than 53K of which shipping on Jumia is free and they deliver to door for that model.

Every buyer is spoilt for choice now.

The vendors on Jumia Global can reduce and increase prices at any time.

Some of their prices are better and some and not.

Let's not do the blind argument. A picture is worth a thousand words

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by haysmart90(m): 7:36pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ocon:
I think it's involve writing a letter or something.

Mr. Noboody did it for someone on here. He can shed more light on it

Make him help me too ooo but I still await the item to know how much I go pay
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2018
These NTEL people, I'm not sure they are serious at all. Imagine me trying to activate wawu bundle for over 2 weeks now, posting my number severally on their Twitter handle, no response. They have even stopped responding to activation requests on their Facebook page. Quite pathetic how they are operating.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:40pm On Nov 08, 2018
traecey:
Asin, it's the custom issue Ayam not understanding why such high prices? What happened to 2-3k

Last time I picked up a phone in September, I paid 200 naira.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
macbeyland:
These NTEL people, I'm not sure they are serious at all. Imagine me trying to activate wawu bundle for over 2 weeks now, posting my number severally on their Twitter handle, no response. They have even stopped responding to activation requests on their Facebook page. Quite pathetic how they are operating.

Never seen a telco coy like them ever, utter and total shambles the way they go about operating their biz.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:48pm On Nov 08, 2018
nwaobitex:
lol I think they can track it with the imei. And BTW the find my device feature is useless if the phone is switched off

Why risk your life in stealing a phone, only to switch it off and put it in a cupboard?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2018
noobody:
Available,instant pick up deals wink

Mi max 2 4/64gb gold
Mi max 3 global version, 4/64gb black
Redmi note 5 global version 3/32gb black

Call/whtsapp:07051054953 to get yours now

Cheers grin

Redmi note 5 global version 32gb black,sold out!!!!!!!

Mi max 2 gold 4/64gb still avail,

Call/whtsapp:07051054953 to get yours now

Cheers grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 7:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
fibonacci2526:

Never seen a telco coy like them ever, utter and total shambles the way they go about operating their biz.

Once I am able to use up my airtime on their sim, I'm off. Chai. They are an epitome of corporate ridiculousness. Smh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2018
genius43:

My Redmi Note 5 is still blazing bro
grin grin grin grin... But incase any other thing or u know anybody wey wan order from jumia, like refrigerator or ac, u know say we dey our small black Friday, u fit just refer dem my way... wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
PaulThor:

Looooooool grin grin

Those who sabi,sabi sha,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
GrandMufti:

Why risk your life in stealing a phone, only to switch it off and put it in a cupboard?

The Motives this criminal get this days ehn grin grin

Man just weak
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
PaulThor:

Hope u know one is global rom and the other is global version... Just saying sha, no quote me o... I'm having serious discussions with my wifey... grin
And i do also know that alot of times its cheaper on aliexpress... And also sometimes, aliexpress dey get caveat... With jumia, it's always safe, nothing like custom or vendor rom, some ppl don't mind that... At the end, na ur money dey speak...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
macbeyland:
They're just yahoo boys with permanent office

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:58pm On Nov 08, 2018
PaulThor:

If you say so, Why did you turn a blind eye to "Some prices are better, some are not"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ifedith:

Hope u know one is global rom and the other is global version... Just saying sha, no quote me o... I'm having serious discussions with my wifey... grin

So what exactly is the diffrence once original global rom has bin installed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwaobitex: 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2018
GrandMufti:

but even if the phone is on, if it's not connected to the internet the feature will not also work. So the most reliable way to recover a stolen phone is through IMEI tracking. That's if the phone has not been dismantled in parts

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
noobody:

So what exactly is the diffrence once original global rom has bin installed?

I for know wat I suffered in the name of installing global rom... Just saying sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ifedith:

I for know wat I suffered in the name of installing global rom... Just saying sha.

What if it is installed right from.the seller shop,and its the real rom?whats the diff btwn it nd the global version rom?

Any diff??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:07pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ifedith:

What ROM did the phone ship with? Was it a one chance thing from Aliexpress or you knew?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:12pm On Nov 08, 2018
noobody:

What if it is installed right from.the seller shop,and its the real rom?whats the diff btwn it nd the global version rom?

Any diff??
Nothing that I know of aside lte bands in the case of the redmi note 5.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:15pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ifedith:

grin grin grin grin... But incase any other thing or u know anybody wey wan order from jumia, like refrigerator or ac, u know say we dey our small black Friday, u fit just refer dem my way... wink

Sure, we will do business someday

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2018
henry007:

What ROM did the phone ship with? Was it a one chance thing from Aliexpress or you knew?
It was supposed to be global rom o, at least dats wat seller told me, oya update na, for wer, i come say make i try manual update, na so phone brick, spent nothing less than 7k trying to fix it, not talking about the risk and hours spent on the road just to fix the phone... Ended up with Chinese rom make man for no loss... At all at all na bad pass..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2018
PaulThor:

How much is mi max 2 on jumia? Around 78k if you get it cheap and how much is the same phone on aliexpress? Around 54k. So even if we pay 10k as custom fees, it's still cheaper. How is jumia global the way forward, by selling things extremely expensive? You think na only you dey use jumia?.. �
jumia sells way too high for some items imagine note 5 4gb global version for 91k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ifedith:

It was supposed to be global rom o, at least dats wat seller told me, oya update na, for wer, i come say make i try manual update, na so phone brick, spent nothing less than 7k trying to fix it, not talking about the risk and hours spent on the road just to fix the phone... Ended up with Chinese rom make man for no loss... At all at all na bad pass..

Pele. That's too stressful, i don't even like post office runs, let alone fixing phone waka.

I'm a special case. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
Tiger2020:
jumia sells way too high for some items imagine note 5 4gb global version for 91k

shocked Consult Ifedith if you don't know how to filter on Jumia.

Saves lives.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2018
dasphinx1:

Since you are in the know, as regards vendor roms, you ought to have pointed that aspect out in your initial post.

In your friend's case, he should have specifically told the seller to send his device sealed and unopened. Or better still, purchase /order from any of our touts here.( i actually recommend this option though). He wouldn't have had that brick issue. Trust me. Peeps are using Redmi 6pro here without issues na, with default chinese rom sef.

Somebody like me is over enjoying my 6 pro, Chinese ROM though
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ORIJIN201(m): 8:34pm On Nov 08, 2018
So far so good, pixel experience 9 has been good. Gcam is something else. shocked I'm coming with proof!!! grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 8:36pm On Nov 08, 2018
henry007:

If you say so, Why did you turn a blind eye to "Some prices are better, some are not"
Did you see the offers given on aliexpress? Let me start
1. Aliexpress tells you the version while on jumia they didn't. They rarely do.
2. It gives options of color in aliexpress but in jumia, you must manually look for phones that has the choice color.
3. And you can add protective screen and case in aliexpress, on jumia you will have to order separately and pay another N600 + N600 for global.
And all these are plus and you get prodicts way cheaper with direct contact with sellers.
I'm a serious jumia fan but custom or not, aliexpress is still better..
I did buy my mi max 2 from jumia. It had issues. I'm yet to get a help from jumia or seller. They just told me they can't help. I'm just finding out that the mi max 2 came with a global developer rom disguised as global version. No wonder it stopped getting network signals after an update.
Why not try and look into aliexpress as I did and I'm still doing. You will be blown my friend, you will..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2018
noobody:

The Motives this criminal get this days ehn grin grin

Man just weak

I weak Ni o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2018
nwaobitex:
but even if the phone is on, if it's not connected to the internet the feature will not also work. So the most reliable way to recover a stolen phone is through IMEI tracking. That's if the phone has not been dismantled in parts

Won't the phone be locked? Abi your phone no get password/ pin/ pattern lock/ fingerprint?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:42pm On Nov 08, 2018
Ifedith:

Nothing that I know of aside lte bands in the case of the redmi note 5.

And which lte band dat is important doesnt the note 5 global rom support?

Mtn,airtel,ntel,etisalat,??

Any?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3828) (3829) (3830) (3831) (3832) (3833) (3834) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.