Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9355439 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
GrandMufti:

grin grin grin grin I'm talking about mediocre 'OS' i.e Miui and not chipset. You just carry this mtk vs sd thing for head.

grin grin cheesy I no carry am for head o, just don't seem to get why people keep saying that.

Happy Sunday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
2kurupt:

grin grin cheesy I no carry am for head o, just don't seem to get why people keep saying that.

Happy Sunday

Bring Sunday rice jor! wink wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nsonaso(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
iheanyi4u:

Yeah want to go to rom from xiaomi.eu. Those guys have the best roms. No bloatware and its multi language.
People are very funny...

The Multi Lingual nature of Xiaomi.eu ROM is no advantage to you because is so obvious you will certainly select English as you default language.

As far as I know, it doesn't have Nigerian native languages and even if it has you will not select them rather you will select English.

Because Nokia of the days that has Igbo, Housa and Yoruba I don't see people using it.

Best ROM
Back in the day's when I do ROM porting, I've ported xiaomi.eu ROM severally and I didn't see best in it.
People who consider it best is because of it multi lingual nature because it supports their own native languages.

China Developer ROM updates every Friday
And with all the features that the global ROM lacks
And that's why their ROM is always based on China Developer ROM

And yes you can flash Xiaomi.eu ROM on Locked boot loader depending on your device... Just search
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
Worksunlimited:

Be like u no read wetin I write well before u comment...

We dey talk about the same device... I am only interested in its 3gb ram 64gb MTK version... And na that one i need im review..
Yes bro, I read am well ooo grin
It is the 'MTK version ' you highlighted am referring to, because it seems you are interested in the MTK version of the phone only wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
Nsonaso:

People are very funny...

The Multi Lingual nature of Xiaomi.eu ROM is no advantage to you because is so obvious you will certainly select English as you default language.

As far as I know, it doesn't have Nigerian native languages and even if it has you will not select them rather you will select English.

Because Nokia of the days that has Igbo, Housa and Yoruba I don't see people using it.

Best ROM
Back in the day's when I do ROM porting, I've ported xiaomi.eu ROM severally and I didn't see best in it.
People who consider it best is because of it multi lingual nature because it supports their own native languages.

China Developer ROM updates every Friday
And with all the features that the global ROM lacks
And that's why their ROM is always based on China Developer ROM

And yes you can flash Xiaomi.eu ROM on Locked boot loader depending on your device... Just search

At least the eu rom does not come with the pre-installed junk Google Apps that eat up memory. I'm strongly considering it if I pick up my phone again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Paxziano: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
Gud evening guys. I am thinkin of gettin a redmi note 3 pro... bt in all honesty, all this talk about Chinese rom, developer rom etc confuses me. As a newbie, which one is best for me? That I can easily understand and update if need be?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2016
Paxziano:

Gud evening guys. I am thinkin of gettin a redmi note 3 pro... bt in all honesty, all this talk about Chinese rom, developer rom etc confuses me. As a newbie, which one is best for me? That I can easily understand and update if need be?
Global stable rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 9:17am On Oct 31, 2016
toluwanimi07:
Sir kulimart how re u preparing for the upcoming blackfriday

Well we did black Friday last year. We will always give reasonable discount but remember no one will sell below cost price grin

We at Kulimart we do not hike price and then slash it to normal price and call it black Friday discount.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KuliMart: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2016
Paxziano:

You do not need to worry about all that when you get it from us because it's coming with Global Stable Rom and some goodies.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
Hello nairalanders if there is phone accessories seller here i own Gionee M3 Mini which it Flex for Power switching and for Volume and Up and Down mistakenly cut by me so am searching for it if you have please whatsapp or call me on 09025247148
Here the Flex pictures

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rydercity(m): 1:34pm On Oct 31, 2016
Infinix Zero 3 For Sale #45000 (Negotiable). Am in Ph. 08102571356
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 9:58am On Nov 01, 2016
2kurupt:

Yeah I use the MTK version of the note 3. Sorry for the late response.

Here's the official China Dev rom am currently using=>
http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.9.29/miui_HMNote3_6.9.29_1dbf35c044_5.0.zip

Here is the latest version=>
http://bigota.d.miui.com/6.10.27/miui_HMNote3_6.10.27_ec55d1a232_5.0.zip

Follow this link to flash it via updater app(this only works if you're already on an official rom)=>
http://en.miui.com/a-232.html

This rom comes with zero bloatware or unnecessary tweaks thus no pressure on your battery & background activity from my observation.

Alternatively you can flash via SP Tool
Hope you've a PC? Don't forget to copy your entire media files unto your system because SP Flash tool will wipe your phone clean. Since you're having a buggy performance personally I'll prefer this method though it is more rigorous=>
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=294318&highlight=Flash%2BChina%2BDev%2Brom

Least I forget if you used SP Tool flashing method then you'll have to install gapps for Google services & play store yourself. Install those via this link then update them to the latest version when done=>

http://xiaomitips.com/download/google-installer-app/

After running all these I hope you get a better optimized device like mine. Cheers
Bro...I've updated to this rom to developer and to be candid my battery has little improvement
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:13am On Nov 01, 2016
vosquare:

Bro...I've updated to this rom to developer and to be candid my battery has little improvement
Hehehehe, hope it stays that way, observe it for like 2 days. By the way, I doubt you'll like to switch back to global stable rom because of the added features. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 10:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Gptech:

Hehehehe, hope it stays that way, observe it for like 2 days. By the way, I doubt you'll like to switch back to global stable rom because of the added features. wink
Bro, stable rom drains my battery from 100-95 within 3 mins but this developer is using like 8mins
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
Wishing Xiaomi phones London used is available in Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Wishing Xiaomi phones London used is available in Nigeria

For there to be a London used Xiaomi phone, it must be that it supports the LTE/4G/3G bands over there. Sadly due to patent issues, that can't be possible for now. Xiaomi are not even authorized to sell mediatek versions of their phones in India. They also have issues with the regulators in Indonesia over LTE band.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
vosquare:

Bro, stable rom drains my battery from 100-95 within 3 mins but this developer is using like 8mins

So are you satisfied?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
GrandMufti:

So are you satisfied?
At all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
GrandMufti:

For there to be a London used Xiaomi phone, it must be that it supports the LTE/4G/3G bands over there. Sadly due to patent issues, that can't be possible for now. Xiaomi are not even authorized to sell mediatek versions of their phones in India. They also have issues with the regulators in Indonesia over LTE band.

Does that hold them from putting their phones in Airplane and send it here oH Lord am pleading for Xiaomi phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
vosquare:

At all

No?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
vosquare:

That's great. With continued usage it's gonna get more stable & hopefully squeeze more battery juice for you too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
any one has note 2 to sell?
urgently needed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello Every phone geek in here i have a question My Gionee M3 Mini Power switch mistakely got cut and the flex is not available in market so can a similar Gionee Phone Power switch Flex work with my phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:21am On Nov 02, 2016
quivah:

urgently needed
Redmi note 2?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aieromon(m): 12:39am On Nov 02, 2016
quivah:

urgently needed

I have for sale. Hairline crack on the screen though.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:20am On Nov 02, 2016
Gptech:
Redmi note 2?
yeah
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by quivah(f): 6:21am On Nov 02, 2016
aieromon:

I have for sale. Hairline crack on the screen though.
your contacts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by aieromon(m): 7:45am On Nov 02, 2016
quivah:

your contacts

WhatsApp/Text/Call
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nsonaso(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2016
GrandMufti:

The meaning is front door is closed... But getting it through Windows and back doors is allowed and not a crime.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2016
Bootloader unlocked - checked cool
Twrp flashed - checked cool
Battery - without data on, no drop at all over 14 hours but data on, the drain continues embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2016
Nsonaso:

The meaning is front door is closed... But getting it through Windows and back doors is allowed and not a crime.

Lolz. Why would anyone buy a gadget that is incompatible with his / her needs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.