Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,816 members, 7,831,652 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9323442 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4362) (4363) (4364) (4365) (4366) (4367) (4368) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 4:04am On Jan 28, 2019
Huawei is coming for Transsion wbk

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:09am On Jan 28, 2019
vower:
I hate mi global store

Avoid that store completely, they are practically useless with their long processing period. Have never bought a phone from them with their supposedly cheap rates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Diiike(m): 6:30am On Jan 28, 2019
plucky16:

Goto settings, locate permission or search for it , allow mi file access to storage

I have done that still doesn't work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 6:36am On Jan 28, 2019
Jecyangel:

Think i will be trying flashing the ROM

Just be careful o... So you don't brick your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 6:39am On Jan 28, 2019
mikeycharles:

Something they should have been doing since they came that time. But no, they chose to still make their products expensive; even for Nigerians

I'm sure it's because they are aware Xiaomi is coming with a better offer

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Maxcoded: 6:41am On Jan 28, 2019
wiconse:
pls when will RN 7 become 70k?

It's already 64k on aliexpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:44am On Jan 28, 2019
johnnyn1:

Menh bro, u are missing out on the coolest feeling of Life. owning a dog gives you that special feeling u can't express. Do your research bro.
hmmmmm ok o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 28, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Avoid that store completely, they are practically useless with their long processing period. Have never bought a phone from them with their supposedly cheap rates
I'm waiting for a refund from that store. I shock when i see processing period. I just lost interest and cancelled the order. Very USEFUL people
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 28, 2019
I don't know why i don't see anyone's signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 6:55am On Jan 28, 2019
mikeycharles:
On Jumia?? Sweet deals. RIP Redmi 6a
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 6:56am On Jan 28, 2019
awesome99:
I'm waiting for a refund from that store. I shock when i see processing period. I just lost interest and cancelled the order. Very USEFUL people
Long processing time is likely due to impending China spring holiday 27 Jan to 13 Feb

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mistermorex: 7:03am On Jan 28, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Which of the stores would you advice?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:13am On Jan 28, 2019
HowGlorious:

Long processing time is likely due to impending China spring holiday 27 Jan to 13 Feb

Even without this holiday, their processing period has always been 30 days.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:14am On Jan 28, 2019
mistermorex:

Which of the stores would you advice?

Not mi global store. Can buy from any other store but please note avoiding custom charges is not guaranteed with all of them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 28, 2019
HowGlorious:

order was made like two weeks ago. I doubt that seller even replies to customers messages. I just contacted Ali support. Gbam the guy don reply and accepted the refund request

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:15am On Jan 28, 2019
HowGlorious:

lolol, how so? Redmi 6a has the better chipset na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:16am On Jan 28, 2019
awesome99:
order was made like two weeks ago. I doubt that seller even replies to customers messages. I just contacted Ali support. Gbam the guy don reply and accepted the refund request

Shows they can't be bothered really, most stores will still beg you not to cancel.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:16am On Jan 28, 2019
wiconse:
pls when will RN 7 become 70k?

Very soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:18am On Jan 28, 2019
mikeycharles:

And they systematically avoid in revealing the ram size.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:21am On Jan 28, 2019
Diiike:

I have done that still doesn't work
Kuku use pc format am then.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HowGlorious: 7:33am On Jan 28, 2019
genius43:

And they systematically avoid in revealing the ram size.
Check gsmarena.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by johnnyn1(m): 7:47am On Jan 28, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
hmmmmm ok o
Yea yea bro..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Matikho:

No ads here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 7:52am On Jan 28, 2019
Matikho:

No doubt, they made the Y5 Lite 2018 to beat Tecno Spark and Infinix Smart series, the Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 to compete with Tecno Camon 11, Infinix Hot 6 Pro, Note 5 and Hot 6x, and the Y9 2019 to beat Tecno camon 11 Pro
They did what was needed to be done, I guess after the successful launch of the Y9 2019 and discovered Nigerians had shown interests in their products they will eventually launch the Y5 lite to compete with cheaper budget devices in the market.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2019
HowGlorious:

Yeah on Jumia
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:59am On Jan 28, 2019
HowGlorious:

Then again, it's not like Redmi 6a was flying off the shelves here to begin with. It's Transsion they're coming for with the price & specs tbh.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2019
chrisja:
Hello Guys, has anyone upgraded to miui 10 on Mi Max 2? How did you do it? How much improvement comparing with miui 9? Thanks guys...
The upgrade never show na.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2019
henry007:

Then again, it's not like Redmi 6a was flying off the shelves here to begin with. It's Transsion they're coming for with the price & specs tbh.
Some Xiaomi stans might object to that statement grin grin grin

But seriously I'm just kidding cause you guys get butt-hurt easily
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:16am On Jan 28, 2019
johnnyn1:
Yea yea bro..
am sure they will be more expensive than a note 7pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:17am On Jan 28, 2019
mikeycharles:
Some Xiaomi stans might object to that statement grin grin grin

But seriously I'm just kidding cause you guys get butt-hurt easily

But it's not that far fetched.

I mean Jumia is the biggest E-commerce site in Nigeria and Xiaomi is not among the top 5 best selling phone brands on there, much less their underdog without a fingerprint sensor. This is Nigeria, you can't tell anyone that a value for money processor is better than what they can see(or cannot see).

Might i also add that the way shop attendants smartly suggest products to customers in major outlets go a long way and Xiaomi is not in the running for all of that here but Huawei is.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mikeycharles(m): 8:28am On Jan 28, 2019
henry007:

But it's not that far fetched.

I mean Jumia is the biggest E-commerce site in Nigeria and Xiaomi is not among the top 5 best selling phone brands on there, much less their underdog without a fingerprint sensor. This is Nigeria, you can't tell anyone that a value for money processor is better than what they can see(or cannot see).

Might i also add that the way shop attendants smartly suggest products to customers in major outlets go a long way and Xiaomi is not in the running for all of that here but Huawei is.
All I see is facts and zero lies but I wish those sales reps will stop suggesting trash and actually render advice to patronizing customers. I could remember when I was in school and was making use of a really dope Lenovo device and my brother at home wanted to get a phone but was impatient for me to get back home so he followed my Mother and got an $80 piece of trash called Tp-Tel like what the F and the sales rep was the one who advised my brother to go for it. I mean this phone had a Samsung clone-like ROM installed with WhatsApp but the app never opened for one day, it was like the love child of Nokia C2 and Sony Ericsson but retardedd at birth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4362) (4363) (4364) (4365) (4366) (4367) (4368) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: StanleyVC and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.