Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,413 members, 7,853,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9432349 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4419) (4420) (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) ... (9330) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
priceaction:

Can't see musimxm apps on playstore. Any hope
You mean this

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baylow25(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2019
Good evening everyone. Sorry, this is coming late. I received my redmi note 5 pro from protein0 last two weeks and i want to share my thoughts.
Previously, i have been using my gionee s6s as my daily driver and the camera had degraded and it was on its last legs but the performance was still good until the screen went black. I was planning on holding out for the redmi note 7 but due to work related issues i had to get a device quickly so i settled for the redmi note 5 pro and oh my God it has been a revelation. The first thing i noticed when i pulled the device out of the box is the build quality, it feels sturdy and built like a tank and the display quality is top-notch, performance is silky smooth and i have not experienced any serious lag with the device compared to my previous phone. There is a bug that when i pin my apps to my screen i can't exit unless i reboot the phone which is kind of annoying but it will be fixed in a future update. Funny note: when i tried to put my earpiece into the phone i discovered that you have to press it until you hear a click, which had me scared initially because i thought the earpiece port was faulty until i discovered it was a feature which my previous phone didn't have. The phone has really showed me that you don't really need to spend a lot of money to get a lot of value from smartphones today. I am not a constant camera user but it is an okay performer for me, the ads are annoying but i can live with it. Overall, it is a great device and i don't regret my purchase. It is a way massive step up from my previous phone.
God bless Lei Jun
God bless Protein
God bless the members of this xiaomi thread
Amen

27 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:53pm On Feb 10, 2019
priceaction:
You mean this
yes oooo..d last time I saw d app is like 2years ago grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Aladeex4u: 11:55pm On Feb 10, 2019
Gptech:
I say make I test this battery small. Screen was at maximum brightness from 100 - 96% before switching to Auto brightness. Played the only game installed for most of the time grin.
nice backup.. Pls wat is the name of d theme u use?.. Wat i like there is d signal bar,or link to download it pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vickhov(m): 12:09am On Feb 11, 2019
Vickhov:
Hello guys! please I need your assistance. I've a budget of around 55k. I'd like you to suggest a good redmi phone that has nice camera as well as good a battery. PS if you know of any phones within or below that 55k price range do quote me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 12:14am On Feb 11, 2019
Vickhov:
Hello guys! please I need your assistance. I've a budget of around 55k. I'd like you to suggest a good redmi phone that has nice camera as well as good a battery. PS if you know of any phones within or below that 55k price range do quote me.

Redmi note 5 ai,

Contacts on signature,

We can help you land it,

Cheers smiley
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 12:14am On Feb 11, 2019
Mckandre:
exactly, not to even mention u get to record radio shows nd music, i cant remember how many times that feature really saved me from fruitless lyrics search on favourite nd catchy songs. whenever u hear something nice just tap record,u hit google and search the song and download. Now thats bae cheesy
Wow, Seriously! At first, i thought i was the only one that is guilty of this habit; especially when I'm having important discussions with my guys or fam and i'd suddenly beckon on them to stop talking - whenever a station plays any pleasing song to my soul in a bid to cram or note two or three lines of the lyrics; then search... Sometimes, my people would be like ''ki lon shey eleyi - shey o o ni problem sha - Jo, shey o ni lo check ara e ni odo Doctor koto aggravate ju bayii lo, ehnn damilohun - abi e ma a gbami'' ..... All in all, radio na boredom elixir for me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 11, 2019
The gcam y’all have talked much about , does it have portrait camera mode ?

Cc bigt76 honsule biggt46
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 1:07am On Feb 11, 2019
Vickhov:
070three1080two87... Lets chat

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MrGokay(m): 3:41am On Feb 11, 2019
Elder0001:
The gcam y’all have talked much about , does it have portrait camera mode ?

Cc bigt76 honsule biggt46

Yes why not?! Go and try it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Akonice007(m): 3:49am On Feb 11, 2019
The underlined is not understood!!!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:56am On Feb 11, 2019
noobody:

Lol,na second fone i need,sometin small and powerful,like the redmi 4x,might just settle for the redmi 5 plus,64gb,the redmi 4x prices na cut throat things sad
this is a decoy..... Be deceiving us
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 11, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
used redmi note 4x 64gb/4gb -48k
new redmi 5plus 6inch 32/3gb 48k via touts
must it be miui?....
..I dont know any confirm 4000mah phone under 50k coz it have tey da I visit jumia, but spartacus11 will say his 47k nokia x5 3000mah battery beats most 4000mah nd it have receive pie update, nd henry007 will say YES, also someone actually sold his redmi note 5 on arrival because he was enjoying d nokia x5 wink ..lexusgs430 comma say ur own
yes, na me sell redmi note 5..... This Nokia dey go sweeriri swerere
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 11, 2019
Lexusgs430:

This is what snapdragon obsession causes..... Agreeably, MTK of yesteryear's was not very good.... But this new generation MTK are really punching above their waistlines..............

Try and handle a new MTK device, you would be truly amazed...........
you forgot to add
Pls avoid tecno and infinix mtk devices... As if they produced anything outside mtk. Ooh, they have a Snapdragon 430 device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 11, 2019
Reddington:

Very simple. First of all, I'm sure you already know you can't get BBC offline, unless your radio has SW (short wave) reception bands, which you can't find in any phone. The usually band is FM. Although if you stay in the UK you can easily get BBC on the FM band, which isn't possible here thanks to the principles of wavelength. Therefore, to listen to BBC or any international radio station, you'll have to download "TuneIn" app from Google playstore. In it, search for "BBC". So many BBC sister stations like BBC education, BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 5live (broadcasts EPL and other sports events), BBC Asia, etc, will pop up. Just choose BBC World News Service or any station of your choice. It'll buffer and start playing. Always choose regular sound quality as it uses VERY LITTLE of your data. Mhen, there's this Radio station in Florida - Hit Jamz FM or something - they play trending hit songs 24/7 - One of my favorite stations, you might want to give it a try too. Also, like me, if you love classical music composed by Beethoven, Mozart and the likes, select "classical" from the menu, stations that play classical songs only will pop up... And then you make your choice!
Pls, the station in florida. I need the name biko
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AlvaroMorata(m): 7:00am On Feb 11, 2019
macbeyland:
GrandMufti

which tariff plan are you on?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 11, 2019
Ali has resumed shipping items... Check and confirm guys
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:10am On Feb 11, 2019
awesome99:
yes, na me sell redmi note 5..... This Nokia dey go sweeriri swerere

I think you fell in love with the fact that it's a Nokia lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lavoca: 7:14am On Feb 11, 2019
Baylow25
You can check Google on how to stop those annoying ads
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:25am On Feb 11, 2019
Aladeex4u:
nice backup.. Pls wat is the name of d theme u use?.. Wat i like there is d signal bar,or link to download it pls
Can't remember the name of the theme, phone is not with me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:47am On Feb 11, 2019
Reddington:

Very simple. First of all, I'm sure you already know you can't get BBC offline, unless your radio has SW (short wave) reception bands, which you can't find in any phone. The usually band is FM. Although if you stay in the UK you can easily get BBC on the FM band, which isn't possible here thanks to the principles of wavelength. Therefore, to listen to BBC or any international radio station, you'll have to download "TuneIn" app from Google playstore. In it, search for "BBC". So many BBC sister stations like BBC education, BBC 1, BBC 2, BBC 5live (broadcasts EPL and other sports events), BBC Asia, etc, will pop up. Just choose BBC World News Service or any station of your choice. It'll buffer and start playing. Always choose regular sound quality as it uses VERY LITTLE of your data. Mhen, there's this Radio station in Florida - Hit Jamz FM or something - they play trending hit songs 24/7 - One of my favorite stations, you might want to give it a try too. Also, like me, if you love classical music composed by Beethoven, Mozart and the likes, select "classical" from the menu, stations that play classical songs only will pop up... And then you make your choice!

Simple Radio app is also good. It is just like Tunein

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:49am On Feb 11, 2019
henry007:

I think you fell in love with the fact that it's a Nokia lol
no bro.... NO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 7:59am On Feb 11, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
even sef max 102.3 , when they are playing music, the name of the song nd artist will show on your offline radio app, nd as for lyrics, download musimxm app nd on your data while playing music, lyrics will just pop up like messenger message , even if its Nigeria Christian song sef, it will show lyrics
wow nice, now thats a keep. Thnx cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:00am On Feb 11, 2019
Baylow25:
Good evening everyone. Sorry, this is coming late. I received my redmi note 5 pro from protein0 last two weeks and i want to share my thoughts.
Previously, i have been using my gionee s6s as my daily driver and the camera had degraded and it was on its last legs but the performance was still good until the screen went black. I was planning on holding out for the redmi note 7 but due to work related issues i had to get a device quickly so i settled for the redmi note 5 pro and oh my God it has been a revelation. The first thing i noticed when i pulled the device out of the box is the build quality, it feels sturdy and built like a tank and the display quality is top-notch, performance is silky smooth and i have not experienced any serious lag with the device compared to my previous phone. There is a bug that when i pin my apps to my screen i can't exit unless i reboot the phone which is kind of annoying but it will be fixed in a future update. Funny note: when i tried to put my earpiece into the phone i discovered that you have to press it until you hear a click, which had me scared initially because i thought the earpiece port was faulty until i discovered it was a feature which my previous phone didn't have. The phone has really showed me that you don't really need to spend a lot of money to get a lot of value from smartphones today. I am not a constant camera user but it is an okay performer for me, the ads are annoying but i can live with it. Overall, it is a great device and i don't regret my purchase. It is a way massive step up from my previous phone.
God bless Lei Jun
God bless Protein
God bless the members of this xiaomi thread
Amen

The ads issues can be dealt with

http://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/amp/

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 8:18am On Feb 11, 2019
HolyTitus:
Wow, Seriously! At first, i thought i was the only one that is guilty of this habit; especially when I'm having important discussions with my guys or fam and i'd suddenly beckon on them to stop talking - whenever a station plays any pleasing song to my soul in a bid to cram or note two or three lines of the lyrics; then search... Sometimes, my people would be like ''ki lon shey eleyi - shey o o ni problem sha - Jo, shey o ni lo check ara e ni odo Doctor koto aggravate ju bayii lo, ehnn damilohun - abi e ma a gbami'' ..... All in all, radio na boredom elixir for me
true true,when u feel like listening to something different or to get in touch with reality, radio is just a few clicks away. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2019
Greetings..Advice needed, please which Xiaomi device matches the amoled of Samsung's S9.. Am looking to get something like that..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2019
awesome99:
no bro.... NO

Size and build quality?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2019
awesome99:
you forgot to add
Pls avoid tecno and infinix mtk devices... As if they produced anything outside mtk. Ooh, they have a Snapdragon 430 device
They're about to release a Snapdragon 660 device and sell for 110k+.
This people don mad gan undecided.
Later their marketers go dey shout Snapdragon too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 11, 2019
henry007:

Size and build quality?
etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 11, 2019
Mizik:
They're about to release a Snapdragon 660 device and sell for 110k+.
This people don mad gan undecided.
Later their marketers go dey shout Snapdragon too.
SMD
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2019
Baroba:
Greetings..Advice needed, please which Xiaomi device matches the amoled of Samsung's S9.. Am looking to get something like that..
Mi 8, mi 8 pro, mix 3.
070three1080two87

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2019
Baroba:

None. Samsung use the best OLED for their flagship devices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4419) (4420) (4421) (4422) (4423) (4424) (4425) ... (9330) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.