Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4482) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9354566 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4479) (4480) (4481) (4482) (4483) (4484) (4485) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintkenny(m): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
yea....but nokia re mad sha...845 when there is 855?, nd they said d ud fp is problematic. .me I will just go for note9 jeje, but wait sef , when is poco f2 coming out sef?
As if you'd buy Pocophone!
You're that you're already negotiating with Umi ambassador undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2019
noobody:

No foeget to add,sony vs samsung camera war,

I remb note 4x days,some people nearly cry grin
Those days ehn! cheesy

Some buyers will ask you to unbox and search for a unit with Sony sensor for them. If you unbox like 15units with none with Sony sensor, they'll tell you sorry!
You just won't "Unboxing Lord" award b dt grin grin

Thank God that they've made it clear now.
N7 Sammy
N7pro Sony
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:54pm On Feb 28, 2019
saintkenny:

Sister mi, six cameras on a SD845 is something o.
Remember when Nokia was camera King na. Maybe that era is returning.

Who six cameras EPP? cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 6:55pm On Feb 28, 2019
saintkenny:

Where my bulala?....... wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 6:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
lanre316:

The only thing wey remain na to just nack am for correct AMOLED screen (maybe redmi 8 pro will do that) and that will be the perfect phone. I love quality display more than anything. That's why Samsung is still my best phone till date. Nothing comes close to Galaxy S phones in terms of screen display quality.

Just the AMOLED screen alone will make me consider the upcoming Galaxy M30 before upgrading to RN7 pro.
the processor in M20 is the same as in M30, and sd660 is better than it. Imagine what sd675 in RN7Pro will now be like? Destruction and annihilation

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:13pm On Feb 28, 2019
IKON360:

the processor in M20 is the same as in M30, and sd660 is better than it. Imagine what sd675 in RN7Pro will now be like? Destruction and annihilation

If only the mass market knew what all these numbers meant.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2019
saintkenny:

It's that camera setup that I'm talking about

Can't wait for the comparison videos to drop
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
Abeg who has a good xiaomi engineer in ikeja
My engineer did a horrible job on my last device
I wanna change the screen of note 5 pro and pocophone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
bobo65:
Abeg who has a good xiaomi engineer in ikeja
My engineer did a horrible job on my last device
I wanna change the screen of note 5 pro and pocophone
Wetin your engineer do exactly wen make the job bad?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Who six cameras EPP? cheesy
Wait till you see 10 grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lanre316: 7:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
IKON360:

Well processor is not everything bro. Because Ferrari has a faster engine than Toyota corolla doesn't mean you won't enjoying riding corolla on a normal day.

Besides, only geeks like us (less than 1% of phone buyers) understand and care about all these processor speed of a thing. As long as it does not hang during normal operation, most people are okay with the processor.

Lastly don't forget the branding. The name "Samsung" alone worths something in the mind of most of the consumers, more than the name Xiaomi.

And lastly lastly for people like us who like quality display, M30 processor speed isn't bad since it won't hang during normal operations and we get to enjoy vivid colours in display.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2019
henry007:

If only the mass market knew what all these numbers meant.
ah well, but the only thing that Samsung m30 has going for it is the superior display and a debatably better camera. Every other thing the RN7PRO beats the living daylights out of the m30, in my opinion sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
lanre316:

Well processor is not everything bro. Because Ferrari has a faster engine than Toyota corolla doesn't mean you won't enjoying riding corolla on a normal day.
not when the Toyota is more expensive than the Ferrari

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2019
Gptech:

Wetin your engineer do exactly wen make the job bad?

Job was rough, many scuffs at the side
Couldn't sell d phone at a reasonable price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bendovex: 7:52pm On Feb 28, 2019
My RN5 fingerprint security is no more sensitive. Sometimes, I'd have to press up to 3x before it'd respond. Started yesterday. Guys any quick fix for this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2019
bendovex:
My RN5 fingerprint security is no more sensitive. Sometimes, I'd have to press up to 3x before it'd respond. Started yesterday. Guys any quick fix for this?

Clean the sensor and your prints
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
Please i need a redmi note 5 pack
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2019
bendovex:
mine is also doing the same sometimes since after the latest update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jedisco(m): 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
Good pm house

I'm looking to get both an earphone and a headphone. I really need something nice,cost effective and with good quality. Was initially looking between the Rock Zircon and Xiaomi Piston for the earphone. But the reviews I'm getting are confusing hence my bringing it here. l also came across the Xiaomi Hybr8d Pro/HD. Any reviews?

I'd really need your advice on this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tiger2020:
mine is also doing the same sometimes since after the latest update

In that case, reflash the rom back up and factory reset
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:30pm On Feb 28, 2019
lanre316:

Besides, only geeks like us (less than 1% of phone buyers) understand and care about all these processor speed of a thing. As long as it does not hang during normal operation, most people are okay with the processor.

Lastly don't forget the branding. The name "Samsung" alone worths something in the mind of most of the consumers, more than the name Xiaomi.

And lastly lastly for people like us who like quality display, M30 processor speed isn't bad since it won't hang during normal operations and we get to enjoy vivid colours in display.
I agree with you sha, but less people are being swayed by big names. There is a reason xiaomi, huawei and others are getting huge chunks of the mobile phone market. Sites and forums on mobile phones are so many, people are getting fed up with paying premium costs and getting embarrassing performances. Samsung are doing well but by the end of this year, will a M30 owner still be happy with his phone? $250 for the m30 isn't doing Samsung any favours, check all the neutral forums and threads and you will see an overwhelming tendency for people to opt for the better processor over vivid displays. However, its your money and your choice and I can't force you but if Samsung why not the A50?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
Tiger2020:
Please i need a redmi note 5 pack
Pack ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2019
GrandMufti:

Pack ?
i mean case
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
saintkenny:

ehn?...its nor me oooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:07pm On Feb 28, 2019
gidieberry:
7 will surely have dt GMI n 7 pro with dt IMX cauz for now, dose 2 are d only 48MP camera module we have on d market.. So no confusion or dual/multi sourcing of component issue at all ( based on china iteration oo, nuffin concern me with Indian release)

That Indian version no follow at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2019
one thing fone geeks easily forget is that an average user cares more about what dey see Dan wat dey don't see. my brother has been using Sammy s6 edge+ for years and he still doesn't kn some lil specifications about the fone. he used to be an apple guy b4 i preached Sammy to him and he was swayed by the display. for millions of phone users we underuse our fones, the speed we are all talking about is negligible. An average phone will handle tasks well, factors such as display, network technology, battery, display and display type, and even colour will come first for so many pple b4 processor.what my always says is I want latest fone...at the end of the day she will still be asking me to help ha transfer files from phone to memory card all the time.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 9:10pm On Feb 28, 2019
gwkid:
me sir
Thanks bro... I purchased a phone today already.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:12pm On Feb 28, 2019
genius43:

Pixel 4 is not coming out with a single camera that am very sure of. Have you seen the samples of the Nokia 9. The colour reproduction is out of this world. Even Xiaomi and Sony are now working with Light(who worked with Nokia) to produce multi-camera phones
ok o....no worry , by next 2weeks, u will start seeing gcam port on xda grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2019
genius43:

Different strokes for different folks, me performance over everything
Well said jare.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 9:21pm On Feb 28, 2019
bendovex:

Try using your other fingers and compare.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sammyobi584: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2019
Pls i need mi max2 .who can help me get it in jumia and how much is it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
krattoss:
people dey oo shocked
Notchless fans I understand,but I haven't heard of non bezels fans.
look at 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (4479) (4480) (4481) (4482) (4483) (4484) (4485) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m), tomsniel(m), Mimisboygreat and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.