Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,493 members, 7,861,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9481115 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4539) (4540) (4541) (4542) (4543) (4544) (4545) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
what is msa,and where is location history?... Pls ,add screenshot
Msa is to disable all those useless adverts

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
klexycole:
Have you guys seen the Redmi Airdots launched at a price of $15? shocked

Mark my wards, this will be one of the best selling earbuds this year grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 8:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
optimised:

A customs officer informed me he neither understood all these customs charges by NIPOST nor where the money ends up & he accordingly regards same as suspicions!!!!!
He stated that under normal circumstances, you ought to be around when the valuation/assessment of your goods are carried out and how the rates are determined & you have a right to complain if you are overtaxed. Besides , customs duties are usually paid into bank account nor over the counter.
He suggested:
Locate Customs office @ your state.
Table a complain of impersonation/forgery about post office.
It may be helpful if you can go to the post office first and ask for the parcel as if you want to collect it, let them show you the customs charges, take a snapshot of the page. Print same out at business centres and approach customs office with it.
Tell customs that a staff of NIPOST is forging customs levy documents & embezzling their revenue & request for their intervention and advice.
Normal customs duty on a phone is neither arbitrary nor outrageous.
You suppose to pay it to bank after duty assessment.
Exactly kind of approach which I think can help curb this. Who knows such ideas Godvilla may have to share.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rapthugx(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
I no wan do announcement o. But I have to it cos it WILL convince some people that Noobody is over legit.

Ordered R N 5 AI from AliExpress for me few weeks ago n d phone just dey make me happy everyday. The waiting no be here o. But the phone is worth every penny sha.

God bless you Noobody, God bless everybody who made post(s) here to convince us to join the Xiaomi family. One love.

Abeg how dem dey pronounce Xiaomi self? I tell people I am using redmi note 5 I never wan chop my tongue for Chinese name. cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2019
rapthugx:
I no wan do announcement o. But I have to it cos it WILL convince some people that Noobody is over legit.

Ordered R N 5 AI from AliExpress for me few weeks ago n d phone just dey make me happy everyday. The waiting no be here o. But the phone is worth every penny sha.

God bless you Noobody, God bless everybody who made post(s) here to convince us to join the Xiaomi family. One love.

Abeg how dem dey pronounce Xiaomi self? I tell people I am using redmi note 5 I never wan chop my tongue for Chinese name. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Shaw-me

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2019
rapthugx:
I no wan do announcement o.

Sha-omi.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
As we no root phone we gotta find best way to enjoy it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by klexycole(m): 8:56pm On Mar 18, 2019
Elslim:

Mark my wards, this will be one of the best selling earbuds this year grin

As in, I don dey wait for am like this. Though e go reach like $20-25 on AliExpress o. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 9:01pm On Mar 18, 2019
kallmemrB:
As we no root phone we gotta find best way to enjoy it

But I don't like the theme SHA. Check out for Material UI under the theme app. Thank me later.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rapthugx(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
WinningSun:

Shaw-me
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by agbaman1782(m): 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please I need help....o, my order suppose to be deliver today from AliExpress but it show delivery fail, the seller have to send me msg to go to my local post office. I think the parcel suppose to deliver at my address??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
agbaman1782:
Please I need help....o, my order suppose to be deliver today from AliExpress but it show delivery fail, the seller have to send me msg to go to my local post office. I think the parcel suppose to deliver at my address??
go to your post office, they can't deliver to your address.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Sd425 another alternative for SD636? Will rather wait 3 months for alixpress delivery than buy this as an "alternative" to redmi note 5.
grin grin The guy even added "Just 60k" to it like it's one hell of a wonderful deal. Ifedith no advise the guy at all grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
sureteeboy:
grin grin The guy even added "Just 60k" to it like it's one hell of a wonderful deal. Ifedith no advise the guy at all grin

Proper falling of hand, I don't blame ifedith o, na biz man.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by humblesteve(m): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
klexycole:
Have you guys seen the Redmi Airdots launched at a price of $15? shocked
Buy and give us review sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Proper falling of hand, I don't blame ifedith o, na biz man.
Na today Samsung dey use name chop? I see the very j6+ last week, display weak for where note 4x dey. I also see the normal J6 with 720 Amoled display, I jus weak, the owner sef don already dey regret buying, phone don dey hang like condemned criminal angry.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
Gptech:

Na today Samsung dey use name chop? I see the very j6+ last week, display weak for where note 4x dey. I also see the normal J6 with 720 Amoled display, I jus weak, the owner sef don already dey regret buying, phone don dey hang like condemned criminal angry.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i don't even have a problem with him buying it but na the comparison with note 5 be the ish.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

But I don't like the theme SHA. Check out for Material UI under the theme app. Thank me later.
checking them up gradually

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
Gptech:

grin shocked shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
mindtricks:

grin shocked shocked
D thing dey annoying oooo, now I come dey love my note 4x more sef grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
mindtricks:

grin shocked shocked
the guy is not lieing...i tot it was Aba samsung
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 18, 2019
Gptech:

D thing dey annoying oooo, now I come dey love my note 4x more sef grin.
even my small baby redmi 4x gallant pass am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 18, 2019
mindtricks:

Exactly kind of approach which I think can help curb this. Who knows such ideas Godvilla may have to share.
honestly, I lost interest trying to explain to some here about the said 'custom charge'. Yes, I wanted to but it was obvious majority were comfortable with it.
I had to make some contacts to know why the sudden strange 'custom charges'. Lo and behold, they were dumbfounded about the situation.
Well, the situation is under investigation.
If anyone is charged with suspicious 'custom charge', he/she should just post the name and address of the post office and the rest will be taken care of.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
optimised:

A customs officer informed me he neither understood all these customs charges by NIPOST nor where the money ends up & he accordingly regards same as suspicions!!!!!
He stated that under normal circumstances, you ought to be around when the valuation/assessment of your goods are carried out and how the rates are determined & you have a right to complain if you are overtaxed. Besides , customs duties are usually paid into bank account nor over the counter.
He suggested:
Locate Customs office @ your state.
Table a complain of impersonation/forgery about post office.
It may be helpful if you can go to the post office first and ask for the parcel as if you want to collect it, let them show you the customs charges, take a snapshot of the page. Print same out at business centres and approach customs office with it.
Tell customs that a staff of NIPOST is forging customs levy documents & embezzling their revenue & request for their intervention and advice.
Normal customs duty on a phone is neither arbitrary nor outrageous.
You suppose to pay it to bank after duty assessment.
Thanks for painstakingly posting this here.
Thumbs up my man.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
Godvilla:
honestly, I lost interest trying to explain to some here about the said 'custom charge'. Yes, I wanted to but it was obvious majority were comfortable with it.
I had to make some contacts to know why the sudden strange 'custom charges'. Lo and behold, they were dumbfounded about the situation.
Well, the situation is under investigation.
If anyone is charged with suspicious 'custom charge', he/she should just post the name and address of the post office and the rest will be taken care of.
bros, you would have just said so. It has happened to alot of people and it was beginning to look normal, a little enlightenment would have helped. Just coming to say it's not true isn't enough, but adding a little more info would have been helpful.
Thanks for sharing, at least people will have an idea what to do when next it happens
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Same Ikeja post office that billed a friend 9500 just last month to pick up a phone right? It is not about "small" post offices, it might be a scam perpetrated on a large scheme and it starts from the NIPOST/CUSTOM officials at the airport.
Wrong.... custom officials at the airport have nothing to do with this outrageous charges on phones en route post office.
Please, don't post what you don't know.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:51pm On Mar 18, 2019
kallmemrB:
the guy is not lieing...i tot it was Aba samsung
please dont insult my Aba, God bless you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Essont(m): 12:11am On Mar 19, 2019
Manuella4ace:

At least 3full charge and a half (50%)

I've used it to charge my note 5 (4000mah) twice, Lenovo Vibe P1 (5000mah).

So Xiaomi 2c power bank is really reliable.

Got mine from macbeyland..

My only advice, never charge it with tiger generator, and if you do it won't perform well.

How much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 12:13am On Mar 19, 2019
rapthugx:

Sha-o-mi

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 12:42am On Mar 19, 2019
saky18:

Sha-o-mi
there's this olamide song da he was singin 'oya shaomi kizz, shaomi, oya shaomi love.....'' grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 1:52am On Mar 19, 2019
klexycole:

It's even less than half the price because original Xiaomi Airdots sell for about $90. But I think the quality will differ.

Nonetheless, the price of the Redmi Airdots is really tempting. shocked

It all depends on how much resellers decide to sell it on Ali and co, I expect prices in the region of $20 - $25.. I ordered the Xiaomi airdots with Mi8, I would have waited if I knew this was coming, but no regrets..

https://m.gsmarena.com/redmi_airdots_wireless_buds_are_the_same_as_the_xiaomi_airdots_but_at_half_the_price-amp-36073.php

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:47am On Mar 19, 2019
Godvilla:
Wrong.... custom officials at the airport have nothing to do with this outrageous charges on phones en route post office.
Please, don't post what you don't know.

Ok. My challenge with you from the beginning is that you keep on going on a long rant about how we are wrong regarding this custom stuff without literally providing any solution or way out. In life it is easy to "guide" people by sharing relevant information that you feel can help them and not by coming to say "this is wrong, false,untrue etc.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4539) (4540) (4541) (4542) (4543) (4544) (4545) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monshow25(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.