Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,800 members, 7,851,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9423966 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Elxandre:

The truth is these days phones are fast enough.
They've been for a few years now.

The SD625 real world performance didn't even overshadow the SD435 that much.

The GPU is more important. And the Adreno 505 on the SD435 Is no slouch. smiley
Actually played games with similar performance to the 625.

edit....
That's not to say the price for the 3gb ram version makes sense o. cheesy
You can hardly tell the difference now, because both phones are still new. If you load thesame apps on both phones and use them thesame way for like 4 months, the difference in performance becomes clearer.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sprintx24:

Thanks a lot guys! Am in the process of sealing a deal with Protein0. Seems a decent guy I must say. However, my head has been turned by the xaiomi phones almost in the same price range as the blackview bv7000.... Lol. Like the xaiomi note 4, xaiomi MI max and xaiomi mi5. Guys, I will still like an advice which is best or most preferred between this blackview bv7000 and these listed xaiomi phones. Thanks again!

Note: I want to buy a phone that can serve without me needing to buy another in the next 2-3 years.

Remove Xiaomi note 4, put Xiaomi redmi note 4X, Mi max and Mi5, If you are heavy user, remove Mi5, if performance is still important to u, that's mi max, but if u can't use a 6.4 inch phone, go for Redmi Note 4x. Please note that these 3 phones are all in different categories, redmi note 4x comes with snapdragon 625, that's enough for everyday use. Mi max is considered a mid range, but that's an insult, considering its ran by a capable snapdragon 650/652 (depending on 32 or 64 g, (64g better by far). On camera aspect, mi max and and redmi note 4x will be fine but if u need something more than fine, u will go for Mi5 but battery might be important to u (battery is fine, not just spectacular like d oda 2).
On a personal level, mi max is d winner, considering price and performance, it will serve the 2 years well and incase u don't know, ur phone will still command a good price after 1 year if u wanna sell it and replace with newer model like mi max 2 coming out soon or mi 6 coming out soon too and there is also another forgotten hero, Xiaomi redmi pro, with dual camera (less common)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
@Princetom1 The note 4x is SD625
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oyi2: 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Elxandre:
@Princetom1 The note 4x is SD625

Thanks, that was a typo. Corrected now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 4:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
oyi2:

Say something we will understand sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Gptech:

We kw pple like una. cheesy

lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
I just dey return from Jumia market now, for those looking for screen guards,you can actually buy from them. Its OK for #1500, but I can't guarantee the quality.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hy family. Good evening everyone. pls, I need advise and suggestions about something.

I want to buy otg cables from Aliexpress for the sake of reselling over here.

pls, which brand do u think is OK, reliable, and won't also cost much?

Thank you.

other ideas and opinions are also highly welcomed.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
wheezyoung:
oga boss...which store you buy yr oneplus3t from?....abeg quote me its urgent
sunsky, check for A3003 version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
wheezyoung:
oga boss...which store you buy yr oneplus3t from?....abeg quote me its urgent
sunsky, check for A3003 version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
noobody:

There are redmi 5inch phones with better processor.dis one na sd435 ooo,ko mk sense
As in ehh, thats what killed the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
princetom1:

Remove Xiaomi note 4, put Xiaomi redmi note 4X, Mi max and Mi5, If you are heavy user, remove Mi5, if performance is still important to u, that's mi max, but if u can't use a 6.4 inch phone, go for Redmi Note 4x. Please note that these 3 phones are all in different categories, redmi note 4x comes with snapdragon 625, that's enough for everyday use. Mi max is considered a mid range, but that's an insult, considering its ran by a capable snapdragon 650/652 (depending on 32 or 64 g, (64g better by far). On camera aspect, mi max and and redmi note 4x will be fine but if u need something more than fine, u will go for Mi5 but battery might be important to u (battery is fine, not just spectacular like d oda 2).
On a personal level, mi max is d winner, considering price and performance, it will serve the 2 years well and incase u don't know, ur phone will still command a good price after 1 year if u wanna sell it and replace with newer model like mi max 2 coming out soon or mi 6 coming out soon too and there is also another forgotten hero, Xiaomi redmi pro, with dual camera (less common)
pls why do u said he should remove note 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 5:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pls guys who don buy vr frm jumia b4 How is the quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 5:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
princetom1:

i thought note 4 is better than note 4x
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
itunity007:
Pls guys who don buy vr frm jumia b4 How is the quality
RUN AWAY......FAR FAR AWAY FROM ANYTHING VR FOR NOW
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ebubemg:
i thought note 4 is better than note 4x
make d guy tell us y he said e should remove note 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
Abubakar96:
why
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by itunity007(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Abubakar96:
anything frm vr 9ja una don come ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
princetom1:

Thanks for the explanation and insight.. Unfortunately, I just discovered none of the listed Xiaomi brands make provisions for both Sim cards and a memory card. I must sacrifice one of the Sim slots for an SD card which really is a turn off for me. I guess I have to stick to my earlier option that is the blackview bv7000 pro or is there any other powerful phone that satisfies all those requirements and within the same price range that you can suggest? Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
itunity007:
anything frm vr 9ja una don come ooo
There is no quality VR in naija stores now. Wear them for 5mins and youll start seeinng tripple by te time you remove them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 6:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
itunity007:
pls why do u said he should remove note 4

There has been a couple of note 4 bricking by itself while using whatsapp. we don't want a new user to encounter such problem. Actually, the mtk in note 4 is better, performance wise at the expense of battery but note 4x balance that.

cc: Ebubemag
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
princetom1:

There has been a couple of note 4 bricking by itself while using whatsapp. we don't want a new user to encounter such problem. Actually, the mtk in note 4 is better, performance wise at the expense of battery but note 4x balance that.

cc: Ebubemag

As we hrd,most of dos note 4 mtk wia in developer rom,but global stable rom works fine on them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 6:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sprintx24:

Thanks for the explanation and insight.. Unfortunately, I just discovered none of the listed Xiaomi brands make provisions for both Sim cards and a memory card. I must sacrifice one of the Sim slots for an SD card which really is a turn off for me. I guess I have to stick to my earlier option that is the blackview bv7000 pro or is there any other powerful phone that satisfies all those requirements and within the same price range that you can suggest? Thanks!
U can use order for this and use ur two sim

Hybrid Double Dual SIM Card Micro SD Adapter for Android Extender 2 Nano SIM Adapter for XIAOMI NOTE 3 4 3s PRO Prime Max
http://s.aliexpress.com/Ebemy6B3
(from AliExpress Android)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sprintx24:

Xiaomi mi max with its 3gig ram and 64gig rom will be more than enough for u. Most people dont use more than 16 or 32gig memory card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
noobody:

As we hrd,most of dos note 4 mtk wia in developer rom,but global stable rom works fine on them
Na the MTK version sef, not SD.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 7:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
noobody:

Its best to be on d safe side. Besides the note 4x has it all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ebubemg:
U can use order for this and use ur two sim

Hybrid Double Dual SIM Card Micro SD Adapter for Android Extender 2 Nano SIM Adapter for XIAOMI NOTE 3 4 3s PRO Prime Max
http://s.aliexpress.com/Ebemy6B3
(from AliExpress Android)

So why would you want to damage your phone? Na wa.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

We've said it here umpteenth time that if the internal storage isn't enough, user can opt for OTG storage devices.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ebubemg(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
fibonacci2526:

how will that damage my phone? sad sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
jboixxx:

We've said it here umpteenth time that if the internal storage isn't enough, user can opt for OTG storage devices.

Na why i jejely order for universal otg reader,dat stuff dem dey sell for dual sim and mem card,d process jes dey vex person,u go nko get sumtin dey hang arnd ur fone up and down.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ebubemg:
how will that damage my phone? sad sad

Na still here we go dey,wen u go nko ask for reliable seller wey dey sell xiaomi board,wen u don damage d tin finish grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.