Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4769) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9229424 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4766) (4767) (4768) (4769) (4770) (4771) (4772) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 9:37pm On Apr 28, 2019
tidedroid:
maybe its the current update cuz mine has been experiencing heating and battery drain(especially with a mem card). currently on android 10.2.2.0 global version

I'm also on the miui 10.2.2.0 update and I've been worried why the battery drain in idle has been excessive and also more battery drain on 2G than 3G and 4G wch looks absurd
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2019
IKON360:

I checked this evening, and that's exactly what I saw, I told mumsy by Friday, I should get the phone. That's correct isn't it?

Hopefully, it might even be earlier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:42pm On Apr 28, 2019
gsparks01:
Imagine that! the phone has been abandoned coz it's old. Na wa
Not abandoned ooo, na ppl from miui do am.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2019
tidedroid:
last update was just b4 i went to camp and in camp i hardly used my phone so for the most part i did not even notice anything about d last update
Ok, if there's a pending update, don't hesitate to do it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

I've done that severally, Infact it consumes more power on 2G than 4G and 3G. The battery stats remain normal as its always the screen that takes bunch of the battery while network falls around 3percent max. Advice please oooooooo

How can screen consume battery when it is idle? Check for other background apps that might contribute to poor battery backup.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:45pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

I've done that severally, Infact it consumes more power on 2G than 4G and 3G. The battery stats remain normal as its always the screen that takes bunch of the battery while network falls around 3percent max. Advice please oooooooo
Try upload your battery stats, the one with the usage graph.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:46pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

I'm also on the miui 10.2.2.0 update and I've been worried why the battery drain in idle has been excessive and also more battery drain on 2G than 3G and 4G wch looks absurd

Am on that same version and some days ago I had 8hours SOT as at 20% despite using my phone in full screen brightness most of the day.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gptech:

Try upload your battery stats, the one with the usage graph.

here's it

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:52pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

here's it
Nice, network is very good, please just upload the SOT.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 9:54pm On Apr 28, 2019
genius43:

Am on that same version and some days ago I had 8hours SOT as at 20% despite using my phone in full screen brightness most of the day.

Mine attains dt on 3G easily and a bit on 4G but difficult on 2G sir. The battery drain on idle is getting serious this days here sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gptech:

Not abandoned ooo, na ppl from miui do am.
Haa to what end? Just experiencing MIUI 10 for the first time. It makes sense, gcam wudv made it perfect.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 9:57pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gptech:

Nice, network is very good, please just upload the SOT.

Here's it sir..... more of watching movies than surfing the internet though with 3G sir

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 9:58pm On Apr 28, 2019
messymelly:

I dunno bro I have bought few things from Ali and it doesn't take longer than 2 weeks to get to me even on free shipping. I was surprised when I order for Xiaomi it wasn't shipped the day I made payment and after few days
I guess karma is a bitch, after you don bad mouth xiaomi, run amok and almost drive some of us here crazy, now your days of reckoning is here! no worry after 60 days you go open dispute.
Btw. Na joke I dey o!!!
With Ali express patience is key.
Las Las You go dey alright.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiffbuxas: 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
mykelshowz:
The umi f1 play is also a good device but the mtk factor and the fact that the price of Redmi note 7 is almost the same id say you go for the Redmi Note 7 in terms of everything.
does the redmi note 7 support glo lte?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:01pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

Here's it sir..... more of watching movies than surfing the internet though with 3G sir

SOT not bad in my honest opinion
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
I like this guy grin grin
maclawrence02:

I guess karma is a bitch, after you don bad mouth xiaomi, run amok and almost drive some of us here crazy, now your days of reckoning is here! no worry after 60 days you go open dispute.
Btw. Na joke I dey o!!!
With Ali express patience is key.
Las Las You go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:02pm On Apr 28, 2019
Tiffbuxas:
does the redmi note 7 support glo lte?

Only if you are in areas that have Glo LTE band 3.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

here's it
try and do these things and see if it works
-remove automatic brightness
-turn off GPS
-turn off Wi-Fi automatic scanning when available
-disable wake lock screen for notifications
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2019
genius43:

SOT not bad in my honest opinion

My worry had remained the idle battery drain.... leaving it now to sleep with data off and cleaning done, I might wake-up to see about 10percent loss in battery by tomorrow morning without operating it wch is quite abnormal to my own view sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28, 2019
[quote author=Kenny903 post=77938399][/quote]
well mine says same, just that my date of despatch is 28th, well lets see sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 10:06pm On Apr 28, 2019
Gptech:

Ok, if there's a pending update, don't hesitate to do it.
there isn't but when there's a new update sharp! Sharp! Am updating cuz i need my sd card
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2019
Kingpeter404:
try and do these things and see if it works
-remove automatic brightness
-turn off GPS
-turn off Wi-Fi automatic scanning when available
-disable wake lock screen for notifications

I've done 2 and 3. I will try nos 1 and 4. thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2019
mathefaro:
lol! The stock cam and different gcam mods
ok, which phone is this? Rn5plus?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jheypeel(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

My worry had remained the idle battery drain.... leaving it now to sleep with data off and cleaning done, I might wake-up to see about 10percent loss in battery by tomorrow morning without operating it wch is quite abnormal to my own view sir
Seconded Bro I'm also experiencing same thing on my note 5, I use to think it would stop with time but now it's like a routine, though not much of a big deal now becoz there is light but waht bout when there won't be and the ish go happen.
I normally would drop my phone at 20 percent at night, only to wake up the next day and find 7 or 5 percent left. So waht I just do is, whenever I'm done for the day, I just reboot the device and leave it like that. Then the ba3 stays normal, you should try that solution
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 10:11pm On Apr 28, 2019
genius43:

Hopefully, it might even be earlier
AAMMEENN!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CitySect1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jheypeel:

Seconded Bro I'm also experiencing same thing on my note 5, I use to think it would stop with time but now it's like a routine, though not much of a big deal now becoz there is light but waht bout when there won't be and the ish go happen.
I normally would drop my phone at 20 percent at night, only to wake up the next day and find 7 or 5 percent left. So waht I just do is, whenever I'm done for the day, I just reboot the device and leave it like that. Then the ba3 stays normal, you should try that solution

Wow, thanks for sharing this boss..... I will try that too coz I live in an area of light being on every 3 days and I need to conserve power. Thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2019
Jheypeel:

I leave my phone on throughout the night and my battery loss is usually 1%. If it is a software glitch it should be sorted out with the next update which is most likely to be android 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 10:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
IKON360:

ok, which phone is this? Rn5plus?
RN5 AI

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

Mine attains dt on 3G easily and a bit on 4G but difficult on 2G sir. The battery drain on idle is getting serious this days here sir
or maybe ur phone is experiencing bug problems maybe during ur last update the network was unstable hereby deleting some system package...best option maybe try flashing and re-install ur MIUI maybe with offline system to avoid another bug through bad network connection thanks worked for a friend
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:44pm On Apr 28, 2019
CitySect1:

Hmm, very impressive, maybe by the time the ish is resolved, you won't be getting an SOT this good grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 12:39am On Apr 29, 2019
Redmi Note 7 SOT.
It's good but not by their Note series standards.
Especially cos I'm on WiFi only
I would install the update pushed and see if it changes anything.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tidedroid: 12:44am On Apr 29, 2019
Even without d sd card d bug just came back,android system and media reduced my battery from 75% to 45 percent while i was sleeping

(1) (2) (3) ... (4766) (4767) (4768) (4769) (4770) (4771) (4772) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.