Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4815) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251092 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4812) (4813) (4814) (4815) (4816) (4817) (4818) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 10:07pm On May 04, 2019
genius43:

Please can you help Jinka with settings and tips on how to utilize GCam or get better pictures on the stock camera of his Redmi 7? Pardon him he is a newbie to Xiaomi

I don't know much about gcam, it's my first Xiaomi device too.

But the stock camera is okay, just take the beauty mode to normal and you're good to go.

The camera is okay for the price, unless he's comparing it to phones above its class, but Redmi 7 has one of the best (if not the best) cameras you can get for below 50k.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Excelboi(m): 10:11pm On May 04, 2019
StylesX:
I want to buy redmi 7 from AliExpress but I'm so scared about not getting my phone, I don't like stories, this would be my first xaomi, and my first AliExpress order, I have a post office close to me, and my address is correct but I'm still scared, I was told to use a shipper called nobody if I can't see it through myself, but nobody? If he misbehave I'd be looking for nobody.
Cool down bro. If you decide to order from AliExpress, your phone will get to you. When you pay, the money will be held in escrow so incase you did not receive your phone, your money will be refunded. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 10:14pm On May 04, 2019
They've littered everywhere with comparison threads, ive been reading some and holding myself back from responding before I'll be tagged a marketer. Some are so ridiculous, I don taya abeg

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
Mykcool:
They've littered everywhere with comparison threads, ive been reading some and holding myself back from responding before I'll be tagged a marketer. Some are so ridiculous, I don taya abeg

And still Xiaomi Rises, the family is getting bigger.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
Whizpeter:

I don't know much about gcam, it's my first Xiaomi device too.

But the stock camera is okay, just take the beauty mode to normal and you're good to go.

The camera is okay for the price, unless he's comparing it to phones above its class, but Redmi 7 has one of the best (if not the best) cameras you can get for below 50k.

Thanks for this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunnick(m): 10:16pm On May 04, 2019
so have officially join the rn7 family

am currently using gcam 6.1.021.....test2.6
is this the best or updated gcam cause I can barely notice much different to the stock camera shot.dont get me wrong both camera are great but with the where folks mention gcam I was expecting to see huge difference
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:19pm On May 04, 2019
Sunnick:
so have officially join the rn7 family

am currently using gcam 6.1.021.....test2.6
is this the best or updated gcam cause I can barely notice much different to the stock camera shot.dont get me wrong both camera are great but with the where folks mention gcam I was expecting to see huge difference

Where did you download the GCam from?

You can try the ports from XDA

genius43:

The GCam am talking about is a Google camera port for Redmi Note 7, you don't get through official means.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7/themes/official-bsg-gcam-port-6-2-024-t3924784

The No. 3 is the latest but you can also download No 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 10:26pm On May 04, 2019
Prince202020:
Guys I cant seen to purchase this Poweramp oh, my cards (Access and GTB) ain't working, make una suggest way out please.
cc
acekid109
Osyxcel
pharmtasy
vanchi
Get 9mobile SIM, register for 9pay and use direct carrier billing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 10:28pm On May 04, 2019
Prince202020:
Guys I cant seen to purchase this Poweramp oh, my cards (Access and GTB) ain't working, make una suggest way out please.
cc
acekid109
Osyxcel
pharmtasy
vanchi

What type of card are you using? My GTB master card works.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 10:38pm On May 04, 2019
michealdeco:
try xos launcher

Cool and simple
pls the xos launcher does it come with app freezer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 10:39pm On May 04, 2019
jinka:

thanks for the explanation. so it's very important for me to update it?

Yes, however all updates are not created equal.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kenomobola(m): 10:56pm On May 04, 2019
Mykcool:

I think it's their new marketing strategy, they must have deployed it immediately after their last emergency meeting. Personally, I believe such threads should be ignored, because they are full of deliberate misinformation. Buying crap is bad, but buying expensive crap (heavily promoted expensive crap) is the absolute worst.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 11:04pm On May 04, 2019
pharmtasy:

Get 9mobile SIM, register for 9pay and use direct carrier billing

I'll try but this 9pay get bad ratings on Google play store alot of complaints of funds not remitted, thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:05pm On May 04, 2019
michealdeco:
departed country of origin on 25th
both phones have arrived. I'm waiting for a call from the po
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2019
saky18:

What type of card are you using? My GTB master card works.
I've GTB MasterCard na, even with Melon VPN, it isn't going.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:31pm On May 04, 2019
Excelboi:
Cool down bro. If you decide to order from AliExpress, your phone will get to you. When you pay, the money will be held in escrow so incase you did not receive your phone, your money will be refunded. grin
does he even know the meaning of escrow? These seniors at the bar sef

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mahkanjuh: 11:42pm On May 04, 2019
IKON360:

what was the slight mistake?
I had planned to use Titanium backup forgetting my RN7 is not yet rooted, I had use Titanium backup on the old phone, getting to RN7 I proceeded with the restoration wrongly.....that's the summary. trying to keep it brief

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 11:44pm On May 04, 2019
I can't find Glo and Smile 4G LTE Band (Band 28) in Redmi Note7 tech specs on GSMarena. Can someone confirm if these network providers 4G work on the phone...?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 11:50pm On May 04, 2019
jinka:
I got my redmi 7, 3/32. I'm not pleased with the camera. the camera is not sharp atal compared to other phones
Oh really?
Thanks for the eye opener! I hate lousy phone cams.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 11:53pm On May 04, 2019
mahkanjuh:

I had planned to use Titanium backup forgetting my RN7 is not yet rooted, I had use Titanium backup on the old phone, getting to RN7 I proceeded with the restoration wrongly.....that's the summary. trying to keep it brief
mehn, owk. Cos I was wondering I was going to transfer my gbwhatsapp from my mom's phone to my new phone without losing any chats

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 12:00am On May 05, 2019
redmi 7 2/16gb or redmi 6 pro 3/32?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StylesX: 12:23am On May 05, 2019
Excelboi:
OK that's better, one last thing, I need camera review for the phone, you have any link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:30am On May 05, 2019
Monday loading. It's as if MI has terminated their arrangement with Slot. Slot is no longer appearing on their adverts. Only Pointek and Raya.

Monday do come oh...

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 1:19am On May 05, 2019
jinka:
I got my redmi 7, 3/32. I'm not pleased with the camera. the camera is not sharp atal compared to other phones

It's a sub 50K phone. Try GCAM and see if it works / gets a lot better. You can share a photo shot with Gcam outdoors and default camera for others who maybe interested. Also, clean your lens.

Also no one said default camera was fantastic to begin with lol

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tziz(m): 1:56am On May 05, 2019
henry007:

It's a sub 50K phone. Try GCAM and see it it works / gets a lot better.

Also no one said default camera was fantastic to begin with lol
Dude, long time... From Blackberry back to Android cheesy

Anyways, will u say the Cam for the Redmi Note7 4/64gb is at least upto Samsung S6/7 cam quality?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by michealdeco: 2:08am On May 05, 2019
Mustiboy:
both phones have arrived. I'm waiting for a call from the po
lucky you

Mine is still holed up at lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henry007(m): 2:17am On May 05, 2019
tziz:

Dude, long time... From Blackberry back to Android cheesy

Anyways, will u say the Cam for the Redmi Note7 4/64gb is at least upto Samsung S6/7 cam quality?

Default camera of the Redmi Note 7 is just there. A little soft with details compared to say Nokia X6. My memory can't recall much about the S6 and S7.

Anyone buying these midrange phones with Camera2 Api enabled right out the box must have GCAM in mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 3:20am On May 05, 2019
michealdeco:
lucky you

Mine is still holed up at lagos
for how long? hope it's not customs issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 4:21am On May 05, 2019
StylesX:
I want to buy redmi 7 from AliExpress but I'm so scared about not getting my phone, I don't like stories, this would be my first xaomi, and my first AliExpress order, I have a post office close to me, and my address is correct but I'm still scared, I was told to use a shipper called nobody if I can't see it through myself, but nobody? If he misbehave I'd be looking for nobody.

With this fear of yours, what say you about fact that overwhelming majority of same Xiaomi users here bought and received theirs via that means, AliExpress?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kenny903(m): 5:24am On May 05, 2019
Hi, I need help with the themes on the Note 7 pro. A lot of the free themes are ugly. Finally found one I'm okay with. How do I change the language on the theme to English, or how do I get a dark theme that'll state the date and other details in English please

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:41am On May 05, 2019
tziz:
I can't find Glo and Smile 4G LTE Band (Band 28) in Redmi Note7 tech specs on GSMarena. Can someone confirm if these network providers 4G work on the phone...?

It doesn't support band 28 but also know that Glo is gradually rolling out band 3.

It also doesn't Smile but mind you Smile is on Band 20 and not Band 28.

If band 28 & 20 is very important The Mi 9(Global Version), The Mi 8 lite(Global Version) and Mi Mix 3 got you covered.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 6:35am On May 05, 2019
Prince202020:

I've GTB MasterCard na, even with Melon VPN, it isn't going.

1. Go to pay.google.com (Delete any previous profile there with Nigeria address) Settings - (scroll to last page) - Close payment profile

2. Go to Menu (Top left) - Addresses - add new address. E.g:
Country (US)
First Name Last name
Stanford University
450 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA
Zip code: 94305–2004
Save

3. Menu - Payment method (Now add your GTB MasterCard)
Save

4. Go to Playstore - Payment method (verify that your card has been added.

That's it. You can now pay for any app

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (4812) (4813) (4814) (4815) (4816) (4817) (4818) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.