Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4891) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9223130 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4888) (4889) (4890) (4891) (4892) (4893) (4894) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2019
lambotee:
Try out this theme Dark mod
very cool
The exact theme I am using
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BrokenBarbie: 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
dcolumbus001:
I am using the default Gboard and you have to download the gcam they two will appear as different app on your phone

Can I use GB WhatsApp??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
If I root my phone can I still update the system without brick, please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
pharmtasy:
because he doesn't know what to do after an update
tell me what to do after the update I'll gladly take to ur explanation
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 7:10pm On May 10, 2019
priceaction:

Bros, i bought one from one hawker recently and to my surprise, it was original,though it looked being used for a while. It is only 500 naira after dragging the price for long. I know fake when i see one because i have made the comparasion my self, so someone should not tell me that the price is wey cheap.
Check yours if it has these features:
1. Left sign R is embrossed, L is engraved with"dot" under L..
2.Samsung is embrossed and not engraved on the plug.
3. Made in vetniam is written on where the wires were joined together. I font know some others sha.
4. The plug or jack has black strips unlike many fake with blue or red.
5.Look at the mic, inside it it is all black while some fake has red dot.
Those are major things we noticed.
Its only water drop test i never do.
Its very luck if you can see original out there among the hawkers and i song even know how they get it. Amazon sell it for less than 10$.
Someone should correct this with his/her own especially those with Samsung 8 and above with follow come akg.
Dude you are a legend. Thanks I'll look into this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 10, 2019
Mustiboy:
don't be decieved bro. An original akg earphone costs nothing less than 4.5k. the #500 one you bought is fake but has very good sound– emphasis on "very good"

There are lots of them at alaba international market, and that's what I use too .
How do you now differentiate between fake and original. Dont say its the package too. Agree, it is difficult to differentiate sha. But i have compare well, so difficult to to tell.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2019
Afoskalex:

Please can you enlighten me on how to cast to my TV using my phone?
is your tv smart?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:21pm On May 10, 2019
Prince202020:
Please Xiaomites, I'm having problem sending message (SMS) to some numbers in my RN5, I've sent them SMS before o but right now message ain't going to them again, please any possible solution to this problem?

Check your message center number. Ensure sim is not set to LTE only. You can also reboot and try again

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:22pm On May 10, 2019
loricara:

Waiting for Android q ROM wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink smiley wink

Same here cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2019
2kurupt:

Quick Charge on Snapdragon fitted devices is not just about ratings. The charger must have a snapdragon chip that activates the QC in the smartphone. You'll see a logo as shown in the circle.

So if there's no QC logo & certification on the charger then it's not gonna work

thank you bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abeos(m): 7:33pm On May 10, 2019
delvinmayan:
Please who has the full version of this Poweramp? Just showing me trial version on Playstore

Just buy it for 1k to save yourself stress

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:38pm On May 10, 2019
Abeos:

Just buy it for 1k to save yourself stress
i got mine like $1 best purchase ever grin, i don tire to dey patch
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 7:43pm On May 10, 2019
JhorlA:
If I root my phone can I still update the system without brick, please
nothing but u will loose ur root exploit after the update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 7:43pm On May 10, 2019
Gmajor:

Even though is shows mx player as default app, when I click on a video it opens first with mi player
Strong case... Might need to handle the phone myself... Tho u can chat me 070three108zero287 for further diagnosis... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 7:48pm On May 10, 2019
Gmajor:
Guys how can I make mx player to Permanently be my default video player.
Even after making it my default video player, it goes back to mi video when I close my gallery

You don't really need to make it ur default player. MX player is an app. Just open the app and play ur video from the app and not through ur gallery.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABIDOW96(m): 7:49pm On May 10, 2019
Please any whatsapp group available for this phone? Having few issues with it eg my Google Play Store isn't signing in
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2019
Damochino:
The charging indicator does not come on.

Try another USB cable and charge from another source (socket)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2019
ABIDOW96:
Please any whatsapp group available for this phone? Having few issues with it eg my Google Play Store isn't signing in

Use a faster internet connection for your playstore signing in
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saky18(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2019
ABIDOW96:

No whatsapp group. You can always ask ur questions here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 10, 2019
Need screen gaurd o, someone help, need to order asap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 10, 2019
Mckandre:
nothing but u will loose ur root exploit after the update.

Thanks alot
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chigoeze: 8:15pm On May 10, 2019
acekid109:
debloated, it has more useful features, then some claim battery life improves also
Thanks... Could you help me with link to the rom
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chigoeze: 8:15pm On May 10, 2019
1boylikevhis:
i was running a Chinese rom with lots of bloatware (ones that bricked my phone whenever I uninstalled with adb) so I can't be too sure but I think there's more battery juice now and it works smooth, like very smooth besides, the EU rom has the experimental Miui lab thingy and a few other personalization options I didn't notice on my friend's global rom.
Nice.. Tnx for the feedback. U get link?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stinville(m): 8:31pm On May 10, 2019
Guys, Do I have to be rooted to install GCam and Poweramp on my RN5?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABIDOW96(m): 8:32pm On May 10, 2019
Is it that this phone doesn't support glo 4g because it has been on H+ only airtel is bringing 4g.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mahkanjuh: 8:32pm On May 10, 2019
There was this guy on this thread from osogbo, E be like say 4G ish not coming up is peculiar to us right?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:39pm On May 10, 2019
ABIDOW96:
Is it that this phone doesn't support glo 4g because it has been on H+ only airtel is bringing 4g.

It doesn't support glo 4G.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:43pm On May 10, 2019
priceaction:

How do you now differentiate between fake and original. Dont say its the package too. Agree, it is difficult to differentiate sha. But i have compare well, so difficult to to tell.
yes, the fake is well built and sturdy. So, it's different to tell apart from the original. But when you compare their sound outputs, you'll agree that there's actually a difference.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:47pm On May 10, 2019
Kingpeter404:
tell me what to do after the update I'll gladly take to ur explanation
factory RESET
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ORIJIN201(m): 8:47pm On May 10, 2019
Redmi note 5ai 4/64gb global version for sale. 45k. Lagos. No cracks. Always guarded with a screen protector. Whatsapp 0eight024186918
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ABIDOW96(m): 8:47pm On May 10, 2019
fibonacci2526:

It doesn't support glo 4G.

Thought as much
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2019
stinville:
Guys, Do I have to be rooted to install GCam and Poweramp on my RN5?
gcam = root
pamp = no need to root

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4888) (4889) (4890) (4891) (4892) (4893) (4894) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.