Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (4923) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9193406 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:04am On May 14, 2019
Mustiboy:
elephone a6 mini. That's what I use. The screen is 5.71 inch, and it has good battery life

Where did you order from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:05am On May 14, 2019
Diegobonito:
I think it does have glo 700 band. One person from Osun has screenshoted his own with glo 4g working perfectly.

It doesn't bro.

Although, Glo is working on the band 3 for their 4g connectivity. That's probably the reason why that person from Osun has it on his phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buchika: 7:13am On May 14, 2019
More confusion, but has their band 3 started working?
olayinkajnr:

It doesn't bro.

Although, Glo is working on the band 3 for their 4g connectivity. That's probably the reason why that person from Osun has it on his phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:15am On May 14, 2019
IKON360:

When I use 4g, the phone is warm but 3g is straight up hot. That's weird

The 3G network is poor around you then, I have the same experience with Airtel in my area. The 3G ping is usually high so it tends to heat up the phone but on 4G the reverse is the case.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2019
Buchika:

Since last year, the deployment started in Ibadan(some parts up till now), then they moved to Lagos. Someone saw Glo 4G in Warri around December on a Redmi 5 plus.

According to their announcement they said they will start with 400 locations. So the expansion will be gradual.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 7:25am On May 14, 2019
Ofemmanutosure:

Hmmm... Do you have any Bluetooth device connected to the fine?

Yes, a bluetooth headphones. Could that be the problem?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 7:28am On May 14, 2019
2kurupt:

Sorry about your plight guys. But one quick question; have you tweaked your device in anyway?

I had to ask coz we've hardly seen any device (except in rear cases of defective units) suddenly acting up without some prior level of tampering.

If you have any issues, for timely troubleshooting it'll be best you state what you must have done, tweaked, modded or installed/uninstalled etc you get precise suggestions to get your issue resolved

No tweaking done at all on the device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 7:32am On May 14, 2019
GrandMufti:

Try reverting to default theme or clear cache of default keyboard app

The phone is not with me now. I will try this and give you feedback. Thanks.

Update: It was caused by a bluetooth smart bracelet. It was acting as an input device. Disconnecting it fixed the problem. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 7:47am On May 14, 2019
Buchika:
Please redmi gurus, does redmi note 7 have 4g lte band 28 (700mhz) there are conflicting reports about it. Even gsmarena said it does, but most online reviews said it doesn't. Please can someone throw more light on this.

It does not support 4G band 28 but it supports band 3 which glo recently added and they have deployed to some locations in Ibadan and Lagos. Hopefully, they will cover more areas soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 7:49am On May 14, 2019
EpicNigerian:

Just double check if you've turned them off.
thanks for this bro, its sure helps cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 7:50am On May 14, 2019
Buchika:

Yes. It is working fine in places where they already deployed it. People in Ibadan and some places in Lagos are enjoying it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EpicNigerian(m): 7:59am On May 14, 2019
Mckandre:
thanks for this bro, its sure helps cool

Where u also experiencing the heating Issue?Good to hear your device is ok now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by danthamccoy(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2019
All of a sudden my gcam won't take portrait mode pictures anymore in the main camera.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 8:06am On May 14, 2019
danthamccoy:
All of a sudden my gcam won't take portrait mode pictures anymore in the main camera.
clear data of gcam or update the gcam, might be a bug which the developer has fixed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by midworld: 8:13am On May 14, 2019
Good day house. Please i need your advice. Is it really advisable to allow the RN7 battery to drain to zero then charge? Please I would appreciate a response from people that have done this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:14am On May 14, 2019
midworld:
Good day house. Please i need your advice. Is it really advisable to allow the RN7 battery to drain to zero then charge? Please I would appreciate a response from people that have done this.

If you just unboxed it ,yes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by danthamccoy(m): 8:17am On May 14, 2019
acekid109:
clear data of gcam or update the gcam, might be a bug which the developer has fixed
Cleared data already, didn't fix it. Will have to download qn update then. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:26am On May 14, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Where did you order from?
AliExpress, through noobody. He's always handled my orders to avoid stories that touch. His moniker is on the thread. And click my profile to see the review of this device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 8:27am On May 14, 2019
danthamccoy:

Cleared data already, didn't fix it. Will have to download qn update then. Thanks.
what phone are you using? If it's rn7? An update was released by BSG yesterday, you can check the gcam download page
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ofemmanutosure: 8:29am On May 14, 2019
muyibabs:

Yes, a bluetooth headphones. Could that be the problem?

Yes. That should be the problem. Disconnect the device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2019
Buchika:

Not in all locations. They are testing it out though.

I don't know why they choose to use an unpopular band in the first place.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:41am On May 14, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Not in all locations. They are testing it out though.

I don't know why they choose to use an unpopular band in the first place.

Don't mind them. They said band 28 has more depth. But even at that in developed countries Network operators hardly use one 4G band.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2019
veekid:
Gurus in the house, I'm thinking of get this for my RN7, pls is it a good or bad idea? Thanks in advance

Using the same one for my Redmi 5 Plus, got mine from Jumia though. Works like a charm.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:43am On May 14, 2019
genius43:

Don't mind them. They said band 28 has more depth. But even at that in developed countries Network operators hardly use one 4G band.

That's why their 4G network is in very very very few location in the country. At least if their 3G network poor, their 4G go good if na band 3 them use.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:50am On May 14, 2019
olayinkajnr:

That's why their 4G network is in very very very few location in the country. At least if their 3G network poor, their 4G go good if na band 3 them use.

They should have one of the least number of connected users on their 4G LTE network due to their poor choice of 4G band.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jheypeel(m): 9:02am On May 14, 2019
Been seeing positive feedback about this earpiece, anyone know how much it costs? The prices I'm seeing on aliexpress are exorbitant so to say. 9k for wtn ?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2019
Jheypeel:
Been seeing positive feedback about this earpiece, anyone know how much it costs? The prices I'm seeing on aliexpress are exorbitant so to say. 9k for wtn ?
lol grin, better audio is quite expensive sha. But u can get this like 6k on aliexpress. I think this is es4

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:10am On May 14, 2019
Jheypeel:

You can only get them on AliExpress and that is the price depending on the KZ. There is KZ of less than 5k all depending on your choice.

If you don't have 9k to spend on them look for alternatives then. Afterall the OnePlus Bullet type C is about 20k

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 9:12am On May 14, 2019
ABIDOW96:

How did you get them to work please, both apps didn't work here

Download Mi theme editor from playstore, use it to unpack and repack the theme, then install it.

Use either Mi Rape or Mi themer to apply it. I prefer Mi themer tho.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 9:15am On May 14, 2019
Psychodavidovic:

Using the same one for my Redmi 5 Plus, got mine from Jumia though. Works like a charm.
how much from jumia
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:16am On May 14, 2019
I hope the widespread quest for heavy bass earpiece won't lead to big hearing problem among young adults.

I have a senior friend who's a doctor. The man has hearing problem and he blames it on frequent use of earpiece during his youthful age.
. A colleague of mine got an ear infection from earpiece to the extent that he had build up of pus in his ear and a hole. It was by miracle he escaped the problem with his hearing not heavily affected.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:17am On May 14, 2019
highbee028:
d vibrate icon is on bt still doesn't vibrate
name of theme please

(1) (2) (3) ... (4920) (4921) (4922) (4923) (4924) (4925) (4926) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.