Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9293891 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) (5008) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 9:48am On May 22, 2019
anjilgreat:

Good day. Pls what's the difference between the global version and China version of Xiaomi phones and which is better?
Mmm...
Nothing much, Same hardware, different software. Chinese version comes without Google sevices, global comes with google services... There is a school of thought that Chinese version has better hardware, I don't know how true that is... Global has more global 4g bands than Chinese version,... However here in Nigeria it means little as both versions support almost Same lte bands unless ur a traveller then u may get the effect. But Chinese version can be flashed with a global rom after u unlock ur bootloader so it looks exactly like a global version. The down side however is it is risky to lock it again.
My recommendation is... Chinese version is best for expert users of Xiaomi unless ur seller helps u with all necessary settings, to make it as global friendly as possible.
If ur a new user of Xiaomi or dstv now person or someone who would like to apply lot's of themes or a traveller, it's advisable to go for global version.
However sellers like I and my colleagues can help u with the set-up of a Chinese version so u may not even know it's Chinese version sef and it looks like every other Xiaomi out there..
Imo I don't do flashing.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:49am On May 22, 2019
So no one has any of these cases?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 9:53am On May 22, 2019
Ifedith:

My recommendation is... Chinese version is best for expert users of Xiaomi unless ur seller helps u with all necessary settings, to make it as global friendly as possible.
Imo I don't do flashing.
What made it the best bro
Pls clarify
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Landforce1: 9:54am On May 22, 2019
Ifedith:

Mmm...
Nothing much, Same hardware, different software. Chinese version comes without Google sevices, global comes with google services... There is a school of thought that Chinese version has better hardware, I don't know how true that is... Global has more global 4g bands than Chinese version,... However here in Nigeria it means little as both versions support almost Same lte bands unless ur a traveller then u may get the effect. But Chinese version can be flashed with a global rom after u unlock ur bootloader so it looks exactly like a global version. The down side however is it is risky to lock it again.
If ur a new user of Xiaomi or dstv now person or a traveller, it's advisable to go for global version.
However sellers like I and my colleagues can help u with the set-up of a Chinese version so u may not even know it's Chinese version sef and it looks like every other Xiaomi out there..
Imo I don't do flashing.

Very elaborate and on point
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anjilgreat(f): 9:57am On May 22, 2019
Ifedith:

Mmm...
If ur a new user of Xiaomi or dstv now person or a traveller, it's advisable to go for global version.
Imo I don't do flashing.

That. means it will better for me to go for the global version as a prospective new user. Thanks for the explicit information.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:02am On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

What made it the best bro
Pls clarify
Thanks
Cus u can get away with the Chinese and enjoy all the best features Xiaomi had to offer first And still enjoy all ur google services. Imo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:
On ground, no, but i can arrange for u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tonyx4x44(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2019
Abeg any of our thugs get Xiaomi wireless earpiece on ground?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 10:16am On May 22, 2019
tonyx4x44:

No but can arrange for u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Anney272(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2019
128gb mi8 dey my hand o. Tag me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by onecornerboy(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2019
please someone should quote me with the link to download gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tucker18(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2019
Anney272:
128gb mi8 dey my hand o. Tag me
Lmaoo hahahahahaha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

Pls help me with d procedures, I've GCam installed already
I'm using Redmi 7
thought you said you've installed it already?.... you got the .XML file?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2019
More on Redmi K20

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 10:53am On May 22, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Oops, pele. Congratulations on your new phone.
thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by StRichard(m): 11:03am On May 22, 2019
stephinnoyewole:
that casing is too bulky
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:03am On May 22, 2019
Ifedith:

Cus u can get away with the Chinese and enjoy all the best features Xiaomi had to offer first And still enjoy all ur google services. Imo
Oh! U're on point� bro
My next phone na Chinese��� ROM already
Thanks for dis
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:04am On May 22, 2019
Ifedith:

On ground, no, but i can arrange for u
We chatted already
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dhammyadex(m): 11:08am On May 22, 2019
Are those cases on jumia? And link pls
stephinnoyewole:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 11:29am On May 22, 2019
lordchiz:

Those people na animal..... Kano get.... Yet kaduna wey use smartphone pass kano no get Raya! Pls who knws if Pointek dey Kaduna because dis is insulting! A whole Kaduna
Kano is a bigger city than Kaduna
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:37am On May 22, 2019
dhammyadex:
Yes .... 070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2019
liljboy:
thought you said you've installed it already?.... you got the .XML file?
Yh
D gcam folder refused to b created automatically, abi na me go create ham?
Wen I created it manually and import d XML
Me dnt see different with my default cam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2019
StRichard:
that casing is too bulky
Dats why it's called armoured case
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 11:47am On May 22, 2019
dhammyadex:
On Aliexpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abusule007: 11:51am On May 22, 2019
Please who know any outlet in nasarawa where xiaomi phone is being sold. Lafia preferably
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:01pm On May 22, 2019
Abusule007:
Please who know any outlet in nasarawa where xiaomi phone is being sold. Lafia preferably
Come, I can waybill to you at an unbeatable price. 08062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abusule007: 12:11pm On May 22, 2019
macbeyland:

Come, I can waybill to you at an unbeatable price. 08062907289
It isn't for me actually, the person can't wait because he need a phone today. He was actually going to buy a tecno phone before I told him about xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by monshow25(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2019
colorsofrainbow:
i need update from u
bro na abt 8.800 them charge me, i just weak like dis
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 22, 2019
I got a tempered glass protector for my redmi note 7 and it seems I lost a little bit of my screen real Estate, I might need to change to the one without this black edges.... Hmmm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kashman04(m): 12:33pm On May 22, 2019
Seyilome:
Abeg who can suggest remote app that can work on polystar TV, I have tried my best to find compatible remote app for this TV but no avail.

Use the mi remote app then choose TCL TV. Not all functions work though, especially if it's a smart TV
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 12:43pm On May 22, 2019
tonyx4x44:

Thugs indeed

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hausadreturn(m): 12:51pm On May 22, 2019
So, I'm in this Wi-Fi area, and this Xiaomi device cannot detect a particular one.
The people around have said that it shows only on Vivo, BB, iPhones, HP and laptops. It didn't show for Tecno, Infinix and even Xiaomi.

Even when I tried to add it manually, it still didn't show.

Can anyone suggest to me on how I can get this particular Wi-Fi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5002) (5003) (5004) (5005) (5006) (5007) (5008) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.