Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,091 members, 7,859,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9467663 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) (5119) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2019
Born2smile:

Yes. MI 8 lite, MI mix 2, etc, etc, etc

Ok would have try it out but my mind wasn't there when am making order, I ordered for UK version

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crownedjon: 7:55am On Jun 01, 2019
Please any news of the k20 and k20 pro launching in Nigeria anytime soon?anyone has any Idea
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2019
fibonacci2526:

If not for the little difference in the pricing of the 64 and 128gb variant, I would be leaning towards the 64gb . Don't store much on my phone as well when I have an OTG drive that can take care of my large files and all

Gbam. Who still prioritise SD Card these days, when you have to spend extra bucks to get an SD Card whose speed matches with the speed of your internal storage to prevent slowing down your phone.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 7:59am On Jun 01, 2019
genius43:

Yes it is. Glo uses 28b

All I can say is that both glo and xiaomi need to be more specific in their product descriptions.

This is one big problem with electrical and electronic stuff.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:00am On Jun 01, 2019
Crownedjon:
Please any news of the k20 and k20 pro launching in Nigeria anytime soon?anyone has any Idea

Hopefully. But they need time

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:01am On Jun 01, 2019
Born2smile:

All I can say is that both glo and xiaomi need to be more specific in their product descriptions.

This is one big problem with electrical and electronic stuff.

Hehehehehe, Electronics is a very vast field, that's why I lean towards power and machines

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 8:03am On Jun 01, 2019
spartacus11:

You're right, many customisation or add-on are unavailable on stock android
SA is just plan and simple
exactly what's on redmi A2 lite, kind of boring.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rill: 8:04am On Jun 01, 2019
abdeiz:

18 D civic center, beside Beirut road. Their shop is very easy to see. Big blue and white banner over it.

No they only have 64 and 128 GB variants.

Pls do they have the blue colour
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2019
atheistandproud:
My network is the definition of bad! but my ba3 is awesome!
I like to change the font on my redmi A2 lite, but it's not possible.
the Android is stock.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdeiz(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2019
rill:

Pls do they have the blue colour

Mine is. They should unless it runs out of stock

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 01, 2019
You guys that are saying something about fast charging. How long does a 4.0 fast charging take to charge? For those that are already using it. Because my Note 7 follow come charger takes 2hrs :20 mins to fully charge from 0-100

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:19am On Jun 01, 2019
Our Xiaomi brothers, please make Una go easy on Transsion and Umidigi pipo on their threads abeg. I wan cry for there. grin 90% of the page wan japa.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psychodavidovic(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2019
IKON360:
This phone is Bae...

When you go root this phone ? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 8:23am On Jun 01, 2019
Nigg3369:
Guys look at me dying,saving and waiting for the k20 pro just to find out it might notbhave expandable storage.
If it doesn't have I'll take the Lenovo z6 pro

That Lenovo Z6 Pro has bn calling my attention but the only low point is that Lenovo dont send updates. Neither security nor OS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kakashiii(m): 8:28am On Jun 01, 2019
genius43:

That is not a deal breaker for me anyway, when you can lose all your data on an SD card with a blink of an eye. I use an OTG flash these days for back up, then transfer to a hard drive I use to store personal files. The very important ones, cloud is there.

128Gb internal memory is ok for me

I wonder why people keep saying this. I have two memory cards (one 16gb and another 32gb). I've been using them since 2012 (I know it's hard to believe) without having any loss of files.

I still like memory cards, not because of the extra storage, but because of file safety. I know how many times my memory card has saved me when I didn't have my laptop with me (cos I backup my most important files on my laptop and external hard disk for redundancy purposes) plus when my phone battery was flat, even when my phone had issues.

I just pulled out my memory card and collected the files I needed and continued with my work.

Buying quality matters also. Well, I might not understand cos I've not been in you guys' shoes. Maybe, your memory card too was a quality one, I don't know. Good morning

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:50am On Jun 01, 2019
atheistandproud:

or unbelief rather. You see, most Christians are atheistic to someone else's god. If you disbelief one more god, then voilĂ ! full blown atheism. It's only time. Nigerians will wake up.
Christian belief in other gods(supernatural being is what its called) ,but we believe our God is the most supreme...
I thought atheist is someone who don't believe in anything supernatural
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:50am On Jun 01, 2019
BETPAWA:
How much is 4GB/,60GB variant of/RN7, I want to confirm for a Friend. Can he get it easily? Location:, Makurdi.
Very easily.... 070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 8:51am On Jun 01, 2019
lordchiz:

Madam...hw did u get 6gb ram on Redmi note 7......?
Was it d pro version dat was delivered to you?

I just bought the RN7 but 128gb/4gb ....

And I saw d comment u made that 6gb ram was delivered to you....so I want to know if there is a version of 6gb ram on RN7pro

Mine is 6gb/64gb version note 7 not the pro and its Chinese version but with global rom and it was delivered by mistake because it was the 4gb version I ordered for and I've compensated them already.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:52am On Jun 01, 2019
Nigg3369:
Guys look at me dying,saving and waiting for the k20 pro just to find out it might notbhave expandable storage.
If it doesn't have I'll take the Lenovo z6 pro
Oga.. Buy it if u can afford it. 128gb base storage and 256 for the other variant. Don't let sd catd price u away from enjoying a dope phone

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2019
sheggsliveth:
just discovered that R7 has global version which supports band 28(700) it pain me sha have already ordered and it has been shipped
Band 28?u sure?... ; anyone in the house using glo in redmi 7 pls stand up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:54am On Jun 01, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
ifedith
Always
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 8:56am On Jun 01, 2019
Born2smile:

According to Hong-Kong Goldway store on Aliexpress, redmi 7 global version has band 28 support.
The Aliexpress item description is one of the most reliable sources of product specifications out there.
Oga it really ain't that straight forward o with band 28...The taste of the pudding is in the eating... We have a lot of users of redmi 7 here using global version... And i don't think they're see any glo 4g o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2019
Diegobonito:
You guys that are saying something about fast charging. How long does a 4.0 fast charging take to charge? For those that are already using it. Because my Note 7 follow come charger takes 2hrs :20 mins to fully charge from 0-100
fast charging tapers(slows down) from 80-100... That follow come na 10w charger... So a fast charger would charge way faster from 0-80... Than wat u currently have... But i think faster charging is getting better with 4.0 and pd3.0

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:09am On Jun 01, 2019
Kakashiii:

I wonder why people keep saying this. I have two memory cards (one 16gb and another 32gb). I've been using them since 2012 (I know it's hard to believe) without having any loss of files.

I still like memory cards, not because of the extra storage, but because of file safety. I know how many times my memory card has saved me when I didn't have my laptop with me (cos I backup my most important files on my laptop and external hard disk for redundancy purposes) plus when my phone battery was flat, even when my phone had issues.

I just pulled out my memory card and collected the files I needed and continued with my work.

Buying quality matters also. Well, I might not understand cos I've not been in you guys' shoes. Maybe, your memory card too was a quality one, I don't know. Good morning

I have a hard drive 750Gb that have not been formatted since 2013 but I have had a lot of phones stolen with SD Cards on them. That's why I mentioned OTG( lot of phones support that these days) and Cloud Storage. Flash drives are easier to keep than SD cards

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:11am On Jun 01, 2019
madgoat:

You funny oh... We need prove not yarns.

You funny oh... We need proof of how not convincing one self acclaimed madgoat will stop a brand which thread has now become impossible to catch up with due to its growing popularity. Can't help with your worst fears.

You funny oh... We need proof not prove.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 9:11am On Jun 01, 2019
Diegobonito:

like seriously? 2hrs 20mins to charge from 0-100% using the follow come battery

while redmi 7 is just 1hr 30min to charge from 0-100%

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2019
Kakashiii:

I wonder ooo, I have been using my 16gb memory card since 2014 and I have never had loss of files or any issue with it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:13am On Jun 01, 2019
jinka:

like seriously? 2hrs 20mins to charge from 0-100% using the follow come battery

while redmi 7 is just 1hr 30min to charge from 0-100%

Do you put your phone on airplane mode while charging?

Have you collected the tempered glass you ordered?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 01, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Did any redmi or Xiaomi phone global version support band 28 which works with Nigeria Glo?

Yes boss. Redmi note 5 Taiwan
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AgentPein(m): 9:21am On Jun 01, 2019
IKON360:

Boss the app is quite easy to use but it takes a lot of time to edit all the details
Me too e dey complicated to me, buh I don sidan jejely with zooper
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2019
Ifedith:

Oga it really ain't that straight forward o with band 28...The taste of the pudding is in the eating... We have a lot of users of redmi 7 here using global version... And i don't think they're see any glo 4g o

Yes read through some other comments here. Band 28 has two variants. Unfortunately, redmi go doesn't support the one glo uses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5113) (5114) (5115) (5116) (5117) (5118) (5119) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aodiba(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.