Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9221380 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5117) (5118) (5119) (5120) (5121) (5122) (5123) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Dam5reey:

Guys using Redmi 7 and Note 7 should all report they need band 28a cos of Glo, update on global version might unlock it.

My phone constantly switch between Band 7 and 20 MTN, how do I lock to 20 in order to save battery?
I use network signal guru app... Google it, needs root

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2019
mummyson26:

I have similar charger at home dat do d quick charging on my note 5ai except ur own is a copy one sha

It is d same....but is it fast cos I was advised not to use it...so I will just sell it and buy Qualcomm charger 4.0
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
Diegobonito:
You guys that are saying something about fast charging. How long does a 4.0 fast charging take to charge? For those that are already using it. Because my Note 7 follow come charger takes 2hrs :20 mins to fully charge from 0-100

U are damn right....I calculated that dis morning

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
elantraceey:

Mine is 6gb/64gb version note 7 not the pro and its Chinese version but with global rom and it was delivered by mistake because it was the 4gb version I ordered for and I've compensated them already.

Kai.....enjoy dear.......ur own better say e come with global ROM.....very lucky!
But who installed d global ROM....
Is it from Redmi or the touts here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2019
IKON360:

The guy is wonderful, my own excitement was that I'd gotten my 1st android phone in 3 years, his is to prove doubters wrong and even insulting those insult the phone... Its not a small thing
Bros I had to.....
I don use transsion tire......I just dey buy eighty something thousand naira fone wit crappy old tech for nothing....
Some pple here almost discouraged me

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
lordchiz:

Kai.....enjoy dear.......ur own better say e come with global ROM.....very lucky!
But who installed d global ROM....
Is it from Redmi or the touts here?

It's the seller on AliExpress

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
Kingpeter404:
Guys when ma.trying to subscribe to Glo I get this message pls what's wrong

Kindly recheck the picture and call details and modify as you deem okay. I think an oversight.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
lordchiz:

Bros I had to.....
I don use transsion tire......I just dey buy eighty something thousand naira fone wit crappy old tech for nothing....
Some pple here almost discouraged me
My brother don't mind those people, Mr Proximity sensor gives me no issue, my call volume is stellar. My battery is 37% now with sot of 7hrs 36 min plus I just finished my data downloading songs and reading. All their complaints are unfounded. So I understand you perfectly. Enjoy your phone and don't mind what anybody is saying about it.

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
optimised:

QC Chooses the voltage (v ) and current (A) that it uses by itself in the course of charging, ranging from 5v/2-3A up to 12v/1.5A - - since RN7 is pegged at 18w. It means that the highest voltage and current combination will be 12v/1.5a - which is (12*1.5) =18w.
Had it been that QC4.0 is fully implemented, the phone ought to have accepted 12v/2.25a or 20v/1.35A =27w charging capacity.
Since QC4.0 is backward compatible with Qc3.0 and QC2.0. It therefore means that both QC2.0 & QC3.0 chargers that can also charge at 12v/1.5a can do the job very well on the Redmi Note 7.
There is no point looking for a QC4.0 charger (27w) for your phone because yoir phone cannot draw beyond 18w out of it. That's why you are advised to settle for a far more affordable QC3.0 charger.
Feel free to ask any question.

Nice one educating me on this ...I appreciate but I thought Redmi said it supports 4.0 too.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 3:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
atheistandproud:

Lol. Let's ask him. Meshachmartins
cheesy I no no wetin una dey discuss ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by borntoexcel2000(m): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2019
Just updated my Redmi Note 6 Pro to latest version. 1.7G...kaiii

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2019
[quote author=KCnaira post=78919955][/quote]
Very fine....
The hook at d back will surely prevent d camera from scratchng
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 4:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
genius43:

Do you put your phone on airplane mode while charging?

Have you collected the tempered glass you ordered?

no I didn't put it on airplane mode, with data on 4g, it takes 1hr 30mins to charge from 0-100%. and takes about 36hrs to drop to 10% on heavy usage. redmi 7 battery is bae.

yes I have collected the tempered glass and I have fixed it on my redmi 7. thanks boss for your help.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by borntoexcel2000(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
jinka:

no I didn't put it on airplane mode, with data on 4g, it takes 1hr 30mins to charge from 0-100%. and takes about 36hrs to drop to 10% on heavy usage. redmi 7 battery is bae.

yes I have collected the tempered glass and I have fixed it on my redmi 7. thanks boss for your help.

Nice let me do it on my Redmi note 6 pro...and see
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
jinka:

Have you confirmed that you have received the item?

The good thing is you can now buy from AliExpress
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinka(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
genius43:

Have you confirmed that you have received the item?
The good thing is you can now buy from AliExpress
yes I don confirm am I even left a feedback
I recently ordered a 32gb memory card

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
Elxandre:

Pple are yabbing me and my Nougat note 4 already. grin

For don buy Poco if not for this k20. embarassed

Na you dey outdated o, my note 4 is on android q cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
Is there anyway to remove browser and mi app or entirely blacklist em from using data apart from data restriction coz it didn't work for me....always popping notifications and zapping my data for no reason.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
Kingpeter404:
Jesus shocked my 100% doesn't even stay 1 second before diving to 99
Let's see ur ba3 usage and SOT
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 5:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Opistorincos:

Na you dey outdated o, my note 4 is on android q cheesy
I no get strength to dey flash joor.
grin
Besides, my phone get mad issue. Stuck permanently on earphone mode.
Done everything possible, no way. Din kuku give up on am.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
lordchiz:
Default front camera on lowlight portrait menu with AI activated and screen flash....
Nairaland can reduce d sharpness shaaaa
How did u activate d AI
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:10pm On Jun 01, 2019
IKON360:
This phone is Bae...
Which phone is dis?
And how did u get the dark theme?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by alebz007: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
macbeyland:
I'm using ntel unlimited package. It can't be shared unless you are close by for Hotspot.
Boss good day. Im considering getting d ntel mifi bt i heard of slow network recently. Pls how true is this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
I am glad to tell u that I have joined xiaomi family today,though I bought fairly used but I must confess techno and infinix are crap.i bought xiaomi note 5(4/64gig RAM/ROM).pls can anyone educate me how to use 2sims+memory card at the same time on this device

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ifedith:

Oga it really ain't that straight forward o with band 28...The taste of the pudding is in the eating... We have a lot of users of redmi 7 here using global version... And i don't think they're see any glo 4g o
I'm using Redmi 7 nothing like Glo Band 28, case closed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2019

grin grin
MeshachMARTINS:
grin
MeshachMARTINS:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 5:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Sammy1973:
So you guys want to tell me RN7 has battery problem? What misinformation! Here is a proof that it has the best battery around, I have been using it heavily since yesterday afternoon and it has only dropped to 70%. I don't know if I am using the same phone as some people here.

Maybe some units have the problem and others don't, i don't know. I just know that it's battery performance is a little underwhelming
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
xpensivealex:
I am glad to tell u that I have joined xiaomi family today,though I bought fairly used but I must confess techno and infinix are crap.i bought xiaomi note 5(4/64gig RAM/ROM).pls can anyone educate me how to use 2sims+memory card at the same time on this device
Buy dual hybrid SIM card adopter check Ali or jumia
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2019
adamix:

I use network signal guru app... Google it, needs root

No need in that case

On MTK yes, engineering mode. Don't know of Snapdragon. But the best solution is to know where the signal is the strongest and use the 4G at that point.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
genius43:

Sometimes some sellers post things like this to draw people into buying from them.
Exactly
Go to POINTEK app to see R7 specs
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 5:35pm On Jun 01, 2019
Messymelly1:
Buy dual hybrid SIM card adopter check Ali or jumia
Welcome back bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 5:37pm On Jun 01, 2019
jinka:

now this is the hype man that goat was talking about grin 36 what? Some folks don't know what heavy usage actually means tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (5117) (5118) (5119) (5120) (5121) (5122) (5123) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.