Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,843 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222577 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5173) (5174) (5175) (5176) (5177) (5178) (5179) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 8:33am On Jun 08, 2019
wiconse:

How to install GCAM On rn7

I think this is what you seek:

genius43:

The GCam am talking about is a Google camera port for Redmi Note 7, you don't get through official means.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-7/themes/official-bsg-gcam-port-6-2-024-t3924784

The No. 3 is the latest but you can also download No 1.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2019
Gcam + snapseed effect morning. Which it is...

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:38am On Jun 08, 2019
wiconse:

How to install GCAM On rn7

Incase you have not found GCam this should be the latest

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1a_FINAL.apk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2019
IKON360:

The first looks more natural.

The second is obviously Snapseed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by elantraceey(f): 8:39am On Jun 08, 2019
IKON360:

I prefer the natural one.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2019
IKON360:
I prefer the first one....the second one look like those over exposed over saturated tecno camon pictures

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 8:44am On Jun 08, 2019
NGN 147,694.47 18%OFF | Global Version Lenovo Z6 Pro 6GB / 8GB + 128GB 4000mAh Snapdragon 855 Mobile Phone 6.39'' 48MP Quad Cameras 4K Video Smartphone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/budS4jmC
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2019
adamix:
NGN 147,694.47 18%OFF | Global Version Lenovo Z6 Pro 6GB / 8GB + 128GB 4000mAh Snapdragon 855 Mobile Phone 6.39'' 48MP Quad Cameras 4K Video Smartphone
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/budS4jmC
Is it better than Redmi K20 Pro?
Lenovo with zero software update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 8:52am On Jun 08, 2019
Lovexme:

Okay. How do I go about the whole process?
Reach me on tg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 8:54am On Jun 08, 2019
busuyi44:

Its a bit more expensive than k20 pro considering waiting period and all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55am On Jun 08, 2019
busuyi44:

And a locked bootloader without avenue of unlocking
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:56am On Jun 08, 2019
adamix:

Its a bit more expensive than k20 pro considering waiting period and all
Let's stick with K20 Pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:59am On Jun 08, 2019
genius43:

And a locked bootloader without avenue of unlocking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpfK2sIsz8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2019
elantraceey:

I prefer the natural one.

genius43:

The first looks more natural.

The second is obviously Snapseed

MeshachMARTINS:
I prefer the first one....the second one look like those over exposed over saturated tecno camon pictures

Hmm ok, I'll check if there is a way to reduce effects on snapseed. My mom liked the 2nd one more sha, but she is not a picture somebody, she just liked it cos of its brightness

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2019
veekid:
bro, them move my phone on Thursday morning, which CID unit can I go in ibadan to have it tracked, all the police station. I've been to are charging me exorbitantly. Thanks in advance

Recheck that, he mentioned Police Headquarters. Maybe like 5-10k. We'll like to know how it goes.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:03am On Jun 08, 2019
Pls who is selling 7days mtn sub for 200naira pls ooo...the 3 mtn sim here are not eligible
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2019
IKON360:

Hmm ok, I'll check if there is a way to reduce effects on snapseed. My mom liked the 2nd one more sha, but she is not a picture somebody, she just liked it cos of its brightness

There is a way to edit any effect you use on Snapseed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2019
genius43:

There is a way to edit any effect you use on Snapseed
I checked, there isn't. When you 1st open snapseed, those options that have things like looks, tools export. If you click looks, the filters there can't be edited. It's the ones on tools that can be edited
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2019
busuyi44:

Run!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
Pls who is selling 7days mtn sub for 200naira pls ooo...the 3 mtn sim here are not eligible
Abandon the Sims for 1 month. (I abandoned mine for 3 months sha). They will be eligible

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2019
bukason:

Guys please.. How cool is it? I use RN7

Use the playstore.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:15am On Jun 08, 2019
IKON360:

Abandon the Sims for 1 month. (I abandoned mine for 3 months sha). They will be eligible
dad/mum/my main sim? I no fit ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mindtricks: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2019
madgoat:

One of my greatest fears about Xiaomi is the pop up ads.

Seems you are back again from your break.
It's obviously deceitful trying to make it appear like the phone users are forced to have the adverts when you are aware they have a choice to turn it off under recommendations in settings or leave it on.

False, misleading information/half-truths you post here is not acceptable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 9:22am On Jun 08, 2019
Reddington:

Same here! I personally think the colours are way too deep tho. You could notice most images now have a little orange-reddish shade and background which is undesirable for me. If they tried to manipulate it to look like Amoled colours, then it was peharps a fairly weak attempt. Oreo colours were better in my opinion... They may not be that vibrant but they had a good balance between colour shades and tint. They should go back to that in their next update.
That said, the new stable pie update has some jiucy features tho..
* Perfect Dark mode
* Improved reading mode.
* Better battery (major improvement here!)
* Improved camera (the stock camera is now almost as good as the legendary gcam)
* New charging animation.
* Added Face lock. (you can use it to unlock apps)
* New GPS status bar icon.
* A few app icon changes like MiVideo etc
As per the Hotspot-wifi issue (inability to use them simultaneously), I read somewhere that it was because the new Google pie codes clashed with Xiaomi's Miui integrations. So it's practically impossible to have that feature on most Miui roms. You can switch to AOSP-based roms tho, works flawlessly.

You can change the colors back from "Contrast and colors". I found it set to "increased". Setting it back to Automatic seemed to work. I personally prefer this new setting though.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jwonder(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2019
Please I'm planning on buying the Redimi Note 7 today please is it a good phone, because i want to gift my sis Nokia x5 which am currently using.. hope rn7 has good battery life, regular updates and overall good performance.. please please i need honest opinions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2019
BoleAndFish:
Today is Saturday. We're still waiting for your unboxing, sir.
I never said it will be saturday. I said before the month ends i will unbox my device. Just relax as you await my flagship fone from a reputable company grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2019
mindtricks:

Seems you are back again from your break.
It's obviously deceitful trying to make it appear like the phone users are forced to have the adverts when you are aware they have a choice to turn it off under recommendations in settings or leave it on.

False, misleading information/half-truths you post here is not acceptable.

Nothing like half-truths. The adverts are an issue and several youtube video reviews can testify to that. Airing my honest opinion should not be an issue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Debroslink: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2019
genius43:

Incase you have not found GCam this should be the latest

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1a_FINAL.apk

This latest one is superb.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:32am On Jun 08, 2019
madgoat:

flagship fone from a reputable company
ok grin ....can't wait
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:33am On Jun 08, 2019
IKON360:

Both have too much noise. Also why is there no bluring/bokeh effect in the background shocked
Abi that feature is not available on Redmi camera
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2019
madgoat:

Both have too much noise. Also why is there no bluring/bokeh effect in the background shocked
Abi that feature is not available on Redmi camera
your screen resolution is poor,that's why you can't see the picture clearly ...
Bokeh effect can be turned on or off(it's a choice) ... besides,this is gcam, not stock camera
Do you even know what noise is sef?

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Archangels2(m): 9:39am On Jun 08, 2019
Jwonder:
Please I'm planning on buying the Redimi Note 7 today please is it a good phone, because i want to gift my sis Nokia x5 which am currently using.. hope rn7 has good battery life, regular updates and overall good performance.. please please i need honest opinions

I just got mine on Thursday and trust me it's a good buy. The battery is very okay too

(1) (2) (3) ... (5173) (5174) (5175) (5176) (5177) (5178) (5179) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.