Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200804 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5215) (5216) (5217) (5218) (5219) (5220) (5221) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 10:56pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

That was Mi 9's greatest flaw, it would have sold more. I hope they don't repeat that mistake with the Mix 4.
but they made up for it with optimization, it lasts crazy long for a small battery capacity phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2019
acekid109:
but they made up for it with optimization, it lasts crazy long for a small battery capacity phone

But you know a noob cares more about numbers than optimization except a hardcore fans like iPhone die hards
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kishkosh: 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
acekid109:
most phones nowadays support apps from internal memory only, don't know any apps that can do that now(it was possible then when phones had limited internal storage link2sd and xposed frameworks were some of the hacks then), running apps from memory card will also be slow as most memory card can't match your internal storage speed. Best bet is to get a phone with enough internal memory (32gb, 64gb or more as the case maybe or as the budget can allow)

Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

See the cost first, then see if you can bargain your way through it. We are complaining of customs fees trust me it is worse abroad. Because those countries want to force their people to patronise local markets.
Wat if is high, can I leave the phone at the post office
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:11pm On Jun 12, 2019
kemshade:
Wat if is high, can I leave the phone at the post office

I haven't done that before. One thing I must say is that you should be prepared for whatever outcome any time you decide to shop online especially out of the country. For instance if you had ordered a car and it arrives the country and you are faced with the new clearing rate will you abandon the car?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2019
jboixxx:

See another person wey sabi, But na only me and Gptech people de call Vision2020 cabal smiley
Some silent disciples dey ooo cool.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 11:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
xiaomi didn't initially compared it with iphone 7
it's the pro variant xiaomi compared
so if u get the pro variant u will see mich change in camera aspect

Okay maybe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2019
Ennyhorlar:
My 2nd month of using note 7 pro

1)Still can't download my update , (always saying I should use Wi Fi)

2) Downloaded Theme doesn't work on the phone
I think you should download the latest rom and flash via updater.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noblefarm: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
buy infinix smart 3
or tecno camon 11 ,povouir 3
if your heart don't like a particular device liv it
before u go come de insult the phone like messmelly
hahahaha

Infinix and techno are no no for me again, currently using infinix note but want to change to either Samsung or xiaom but the complains here is making me afraid, spending close to 100k to buy phone and it it will be giving wahala.

Pls gurus here advice me. I have 90k now for phone, which one will not give me issues as I don't know much about phone. (my mind is on redmi note 7 pro or Galaxy a50) help on, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 11:30pm On Jun 12, 2019
noblefarm:

Infinix and techno are no no for me again, currently using infinix note but want to change to either Samsung or xiaom but the complains here is making me afraid, spending close to 100k to buy phone and it it will be giving wahala.

Pls gurus here advice me. I have 90k now for phone, which one will not give me issues as I don't know much about phone. (my mind is on redmi note 7 pro or Galaxy a50) help on, thanks
for me it's better u go for the galaxy A50 although I use redmi note 7 but if u have money for A50 abeg buy my sincere advice

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shosky1794: 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Gptech:

Some silent disciples dey ooo cool.

Like moi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:32pm On Jun 12, 2019
Kingpeter404:
for me it's better u go for the galaxy A50 although I use redmi note 7 but if u have money for A50 abeg buy my sincere advice

Abi, Before he will come and say we cajoled him to buy something he is regretting

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 11:34pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

Abi, Before he will come and say we cajoled him to buy something he is regretting
yes na if u already having negative feelings about something it's better u don't buy at all bcus if u do u will always be looking for the fault and problems in it u won't see the good side

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
Some people's market shares keep shrinking while others are growing.

Nokia is fighting its way back.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2019
genius43:

the a50 is cool duh bt if his a gamer
i think redmi note 7pro is for up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
noblefarm:

just go with samsung

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 11:45pm On Jun 12, 2019
Kingpeter404:
gangster series is that a game or different group of gangster games pls name them I need em
it's like gta but with better graphics and modern cars / buildings
gangster new Orleans
and vegas
very nice game
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:52pm On Jun 12, 2019
nlanded:

Please can you or anyone knowledgeable about Xiamo state the pros and cons of global version vs Chinese version? Thanks in advance
There's really no biggie, just a little different.
The pros of the global version is
New users to Xiaomi, full Google access, free themes and no Chinese whatsoever, more lte bands if u travel outside Nigeria,
Cons,... None
The pros of Chinese version is
Debatable superior hardware, 98% Google support, faster updates, and more features
Cons... Chinese is present, paid themes in theme store and limited themes, less lte bands, and not very friendly with new users but can be tweaked to be user friendly (i can do that for u),

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
KunlexyInc:

How much is your earpiece as shown in the image quoted by me?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 11:53pm On Jun 12, 2019
fantilopezzy:
it's like gta but with better graphics and modern cars / buildings
gangster new Orleans
and vegas
very nice game
ok thanks I'll try it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Archangels2:

I have experienced ur second point. The wallpaper doesn't stay, when I change it reverts back to the custom version
It does stay... Ur using a third party theme or font
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
Diegobonito:
Redmi go needed urgently. Swift purchase. I'm in Onitsha
070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2019
EBUBS:
ur number please. i'l hav 2 call since the phone i'm using does not whatsapp
070three108zero287
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
acekid109:
the emmc is internal storage or flash storage, it's on the motherboard, except you get a new motherboard/panel for the phone, it's as good as paper weight. Damaged emmc means it won't respond to flash, you can't wipe, basically anything that has to do with storage is f<cked. I worked on the phone, we paid to get an authorized account to do the edl flashing, flashing that doesn't take up to 10 mins took over 20mins to flash, after flashing phone spent close to an hour booting which eventually failed, wiping data also refuses to work. I believe you should now have an idea of what's wrong with the phone now
That's a fried phone..sorry about that dear. What happened, how did get to this stage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by confistified(m): 12:00am On Jun 13, 2019
Kingpeter404:
sorry my mistake it's left to survive
Thanks Seen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kemshade: 12:20am On Jun 13, 2019
genius43:

I haven't done that before. One thing I must say is that you should be prepared for whatever outcome any time you decide to shop online especially out of the country. For instance if you had ordered a car and it arrives the country and you are faced with the new clearing rate will you abandon the car?
thanks so much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 13, 2019
@Gptech I tried the flashing but it did not work out. Anytime I put the ROM pack on my phone, it goes off immediately. My phone is still bricked and bootlooping badly.. I am in a lurch...whatelse can I do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 2:52am On Jun 13, 2019
fantilopezzy:
xiaomi didn't initially compared it with iphone 7
it's the pro variant xiaomi compared
so if u get the pro variant u will see mich change in camera aspect

Redmi vs iPhone camera... Errm, obviously sm1 is pulling my legs.
I like you xiaomi but iphone is ur elder brother, thank you

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 3:40am On Jun 13, 2019
genius43:

Toh, he should take heart. I didn't get to ask him the device self.
wat is the name of the device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amateratsu(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2019
Can anyone recommend where I can fix my Redmi note 5 Pro screen? Front glass is cracked.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 6:45am On Jun 13, 2019
Nightwolf1:

Guy I want to order a note 7 from him. Now you are saying that your money was stolen by their dispatch officer. What happened? I just wanna know cos I wouldn't want to deal with a fraudster
So,if the dispatch officer actually stole money from the Customer that makes the Seller a Fraudster?

Wonder how that one works out.. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2019
xpensivealex:
wat is the name of the device
How am I to know. Read what you quoted

(1) (2) (3) ... (5215) (5216) (5217) (5218) (5219) (5220) (5221) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Willjoy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.