Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9226370 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5224) (5225) (5226) (5227) (5228) (5229) (5230) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:28am On Jun 14, 2019
bolakale30:

It's what I'm using in Note 4x. Almost zero customisation.
It's vanilla android. It's stable, bug-free and battery friendly.

Zero customization? It's all good.

Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2019
krattoss:
it's no biggie..just buy a new Airtel 4g SIM and u re good to go.

They give 500 mb on every recharge ranging from 5h above..they give 1.024gb + 1.024 GB night bonus and most importantly,they give out 100% data bonus in every subscription from 5h above..

+ Another 4g welcome bonus they give

Calculate this my sub last week..it's 4k I subbed almost 30+gig.

Ur phone must be a modern smart phone to support this bonus..
I get my data X3 times
1.5gn
1.5gb
1.5gb
For 1k 4.5gb

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:39am On Jun 14, 2019
krattoss:
I loaded the the 4k from my bank account

Normal *141# sub..ur 4g SIM must be a new sim and ur phone must be a modern smartphone that supports the bonus..it seems not all phones supports it..

For clarity purposes,u mīght want to tweet Airtel ur new line to confirm it eligibility as I always do when I buys a new sim

Good network but poor customer service. See when you message them, see when they replied.

I enjoy their network sha. Using the double data stuff too since over a year now too.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pwetie: 8:40am On Jun 14, 2019
genius43:

AES is AliExpress Standard shipping (They normally use Singapore post for that) it and CRA are very reliable. And I use both of them the most

Personally I tend to avoid Yanwen, 4px, Sunyen, infact every untrackable method of shipping.

Small packet plus like YEA, 4PX, Sunyen is most atimes free and untrackable.

Shipping method depends on you, if you feel the extra money on trackable shipping is not worth it stick to your guts and use small packet plus and hopes it gets to you in good. Afterall the worst that can happen is to open a dispute if after the stipulated time the parcel do not arrive.
tnks a bunch. I ordered for Xiaomi redmi note 5 for someone. Seller was Hong Kong Gold Way, n shipping method was via AES/Singapore...prior to my knowing diz thread. Till date item hasn't arrived. Tracking stuck @ item dispatched to destination country. In Nipost site, its showing item insert into bag. Though I have gotten my refund. In this case I don't know if AES is to blame or d Seller.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 8:42am On Jun 14, 2019
Where's that guy that ordered a Xiaomi device for his friend and didn't get it on time?

How did you resolve it with your friend?

Comman give us update.

Mustiboy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 8:45am On Jun 14, 2019
Ok

jboixxx:

.Get yourself a new SIM or if you haven't enjoyed the offer on your active SIM (assuming you're using Airtel) and send GET to 141. You should receive a congratulatory message if the slot is eligible. Then you can subscribe (from N500 above). Send only once, else, you'll be disqualified immediately.

Rather than buying another SIM after 3 months, you can just swap to second SIM slot and repeat the command. If you have a modem, mifi that support SMS features, you can get the offer on them too. In short, 1 SIM can benefit X times.

I'm sure all those old Tecno 'smartphones' can get you the offer sef

cc: eseabed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mcemmy0z: 8:49am On Jun 14, 2019
Johnrake69:

Wow. But yours is global rom. The note 7 I got didn't stress me at all. Its the pro that is giving me headache

Chinese rom
you've gotten any solution?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:55am On Jun 14, 2019
pwetie:

tnks a bunch. I ordered for Xiaomi redmi note 5 for someone. Seller was Hong Kong Gold Way, n shipping method was via AES/Singapore...prior to my knowing diz thread. Till date item hasn't arrived. Tracking stuck @ item dispatched to destination country. In Nipost site, its showing item insert into bag. Though I have gotten my refund. In this case I don't know if AES is to blame or d Seller.

That should be AES, It happens sometimes. Those phone sellers hardly dispatch through CRA, I don't know why

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2019
[quote author=olomne post=79311718][/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pwetie: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2019
genius43:

That should be AES, It happens sometimes. Those phone sellers hardly dispatch through CRA, I don't know why
Yeh! it would have been d best thing to ever happen.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joeysage(m): 9:03am On Jun 14, 2019
krattoss:
I loaded the the 4k from my bank account

Normal *141# sub..ur 4g SIM must be a new sim and ur phone must be a modern smartphone that supports the bonus..it seems not all phones supports it..

For clarity purposes,u mīght want to tweet Airtel ur new line to confirm it eligibility as I always do when I buys a new sim
Please how are you able to activate the 4gb bonus on the same phone, cos CC keeps telling me I can't activate more than once on one 4g phone. Is there anyone in the house who knows a workaround?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2019
BlackArab:
I have brand new Xiaomi Poco F1 for sale, 6GB+128GB. I will give you for 95k. You will never regret you buy it. Call or Whatsapp 08082716231 and let's do business.
is it still available and how can we possible transact am in akure or possibly osogbo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:25am On Jun 14, 2019
olayinkajnr:
Where's that guy that ordered a Xiaomi device for his friend and didn't get it on time?

How did you resolve it with your friend?

Comman give us update.
mustiboy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2019
Messymelly1:

I play game with android gamepad
I'd watch TV too only when I'm using free browsing
I have termux for Linux,shell, python console, access server to SSH.
I practice code with aide, pydroid, android gap etc.
embarassed
I have created apps with phone not new to me anyways
I study on udemy after completion of curse I get certificate
All the money I've made in life was through my phone/pc
You can do lots of things with phone
oya clap for yourself smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BlackArab(m): 9:35am On Jun 14, 2019
Adegbem01:

still available and how can we possible transact am in akure or possibly osogbo
is still available. I'm in Lagos but I can waybill it to you anywhere Nationwide. Chat me up if you're serious about it and let's do business.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BlackArab(m): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2019
Adegbem01:

is it still available and how can we possible transact am in akure or possibly osogbo
still available

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 14, 2019
IKON360:
One day you people will explain were you guys are rushing this page to.

Meanwhile RN7 users, YOUR PHONE DOESN'T HAVE DARK MODE AUTOMATICALLY!!! You can only get dark mode via a custom theme.
I'm sure somebody will still ask question about it, for now it's just phones being upgraded to Pie that have dark mode in settings. Ours that came with Pie doesn't have dark mode.

I don't knw about RN7
But I'm using R7 3gb ram version
It came with the android 9 pie version miui 10.2
An upgrade came which is miui 10.3 which carries the dark mode option

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2019
MRSAMWEBTECHIE:

I don't knw about RN7
But I'm using R7 3gb ram version
It came with the android 9 pie version miui 10.2
An upgrade came which is miui 10.3 which carries the dark mode option

seems it's only redmi note 7 that is excepted cuz after the update I didn't get see anything like darkmode
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noblefarm: 10:26am On Jun 14, 2019
noblefarm:

Infinix and techno are no no for me again, currently using infinix note but want to change to either Samsung or xiaom but the complains here is making me afraid, spending close to 100k to buy phone and it it will be giving wahala.

Pls gurus here advice me. I have 90k now for phone, which one will not give me issues as I don't know much about phone. (my mind is on redmi note 7 pro or Galaxy a50) help on, thanks

Thanks to those that contributed, I have decided to go the way of a50.
What's the best deal I can get from the sellers here? I'll prefer the 6g/128gb version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Temilolu1(f): 10:34am On Jun 14, 2019
So far, I'm impressed with the back camera of the rn7... Everyone keeps asking if its an iPhone. Pls can I download gcam on an untweaked phone, or I have to modify to use it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:35am On Jun 14, 2019
Temilolu1:
So far, I'm impressed with the back camera of the rn7... Everyone keeps asking if its an iPhone. Pls can I download gcam on an untweaked phone, or I have to modify to use it?

Yes you can.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1a_FINAL.apk

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Slimszy: 10:38am On Jun 14, 2019
Messymelly1:

I get my data X3 times
1.5gn
1.5gb
1.5gb
For 1k 4.5gb

How do you do that pls?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 10:49am On Jun 14, 2019
Kingpeter404:

flaws for now after the update is the battery but subsequent update might fix it again
The front camera not too clear but with GCAM its superb
Every other thing works flawlessly even gaming on it it's cool I played 2GB game on it and it's buttery smooth
So if am to choose between it and A20 I'll definitely go for note 7 without a second thought
Bros na ur front cam no clear ...my RN7 clear pass myself ....even after all update...u were here when Genius post all rules of battery optimisation,why not follow d rules, and see for ursef before drawing to this conclusion .....cos I dey enjoy dis device pass even my Infinix note 3 then with 4500mah.....

I even knack this shot wen it was cloudy....default cam

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mistermorex: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2019
Between Samsung A30 and RN7 which will you pick. I need advice for a friend.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2019
noblefarm:

Thanks to those that contributed, I have decided to go the way of a50.
What's the best deal I can get from the sellers here? I'll prefer the 6g/128gb version

I don't think I can use a fone without IR blaster .....that's why I no even send dat K20 pro thing.....if not ehhh ...I go just sell one land for inside bush buy am still get plenty change cheesy grin
Bros .....enjoy ur device sha.....

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2019
mistermorex:

Samsung for durability and brand name. You cant compare both�
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lelepeautos(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2019
lordchiz:

I don't think I can use a fone without IR blaster .....that's why I no even send dat K20 pro thing.....if not ehhh ...I go just sell one land for inside bush buy am still get plenty change cheesy grin
Bros .....enjoy ur device sha.....

Wetin dey special with IR blaster bro?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Temilolu1(f): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2019
BlackArab:
is still available. I'm in Lagos but I can waybill it to you anywhere Nationwide. Chat me up if you're serious about it and let's do business.
No whatsapp presently, how much last and how do will transact the money if it going to be waybill, you can chat me thru my gmail Adegbem@gmail.com
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2019
KngGezy:

Samsung for durability and brand name. You cant compare both�
RN7 isn't durable?
Brand name isn't enough reason to choose a phone over another. If I should go by brand name, I'll choose Samsung galaxy s4 over RN7. Pls give unsentimental and logical reasons why he should go for any of the phones.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:22am On Jun 14, 2019
Temilolu1:
thankyou dear

You are welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2019
mistermorex:

Redmi Note 7 in a heartbeat

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5224) (5225) (5226) (5227) (5228) (5229) (5230) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.