Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,367 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:41 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9817255 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5234) (5235) (5236) (5237) (5238) (5239) (5240) ... (9353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
Adeilias:
Some please help I'm having issues with my Xiaomi rn5 the volume reduce itself when listening to music and the volume navigation doesn't move. Even during calls the volume goes up and down by itself. Please help

The volume will reduce when you receive notifications.

Check your volume panel settings, there should be an option to use volume buttons to either increase ringer or music volume

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
oxygenlove:
but brozz. please o... Amoled this, OLED that. Are people really thrilled with all this bullsh?t... good display is ok tho, am nt disputing ... but why do people stress over-hyping things too much... God don design our Eyes to even adapt and see things even when in darkness ... To me, phone performance is the priority.. LCD,OLED,AMOLED.. all na still display. and over-hyping is a bullsh?t
The quality of the screen on a phone is very important.

No matter how good a phone may be,the first thing you interact with is the screen and a poor screen quality renders the User Experience very poor..

So,

There's NOTHING about a phone's screen that's being overhyped..

I for one have used AMOLEDS and coming from my Mi Max 3 's LCD,

An AMOLED screen is the first criteria for my next device..

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
oxygenlove:
but brozz. please o... Amoled this, OLED that. Are people really thrilled with all this bullsh?t... good display is ok tho, am nt disputing ... but why do people stress over-hyping things too much... God don design our Eyes to even adapt and see things even when in darkness ... To me, phone performance is the priority.. LCD,OLED,AMOLED.. all na still display. and over-hyping is a bullsh?t
so far i dey see am
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
Gptech:

Kuku run to developer rom na.
I clicked on the MIUI version in about phone section and i entered into developer mode.
Now do I download the develop ROM (version 9.6.13) and install manually? Do I have to unlock bootloader to apply this change?

Thank you.

Nobody should laugh ooo grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
kmaster007:
do you no abt mi 8 lite battery... i wnt to no hw strong d battery is
You're quoting a 3 year old post.. shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
I said it... The drama is getting more interesting. The US government might regret this move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhc6sbkyJAQ

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
kekilika:

I clicked on the MIUI version in about phone section and i entered into developer mode.
Now do I download the develop ROM (version 9.6.13) and installed manually? Do I have to unlock bootloader to apply this change?

Thank you.

Nobody should laugh ooo grin grin grin

No you don't have to unlock BL to move to the beta ROM. Just download and install manually, note that you will lose all files. Goodluck cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2019
macbeyland:
I said it... The drama is getting more interesting. The US government might regret this move.

Let me go and watch.

Modified: watched, I feel no one is a winner in all this mess ,best for them to reach a compromise and everything returns to status quo. OakOs cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2019
fibonacci2526:

No you don't have to unlock BL to move to the beta ROM. Just download and install manually, note that you will lose all files. Goodluck cheesy
That good luck is important.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kvngjesse(m): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
kvngjesse:
I would really love if anyone can help with the link of gcam for redmi 7 smiley
Cc lavenderjade
Any help please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
jboixxx:

That good luck is important.
Uh...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2019
Gptech:

Both na Amoled though.

I know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2019
kekilika:

Uh...

cheesy cheesy you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 12:40pm On Jun 15, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Thanks.

Is like retirement came early.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
kvngjesse:

Cc lavenderjade
Any help please?

I have posted this several times though

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-7/help/google-camera-redmi-7-t3922223
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
macbeyland:

Dreams

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
kekilika:

Uh...
.No need to calculate...just do your backup

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:46pm On Jun 15, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Let me go and watch.

Modified: watched, I feel no one is a winner in all this mess ,best for them to reach a compromise and everything returns to status quo. OakOs cheesy cheesy
Oak os, sailfish os, hong meng os, even Huawei no know wat to do sef... And no Huawei os can replace Google Android abeg... Lets not kid ourselves

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ifedith:

Oak os, sailfish os, hong meng os, even Huawei no know wat to do sef... And no Huawei os can replace Google Android abeg... Lets not kid ourselves
Not replace, take on for now and later overtake hopefully. Seriously dis na wetin suppose benefit consumers, we don tire for duopoly sef, make something fresh come out or at least Google go step their game even higher, all na win win.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:50pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ifedith:

True, despite all the promises Sailfish OS had, where did it end up. Even if they(Huawei) release an OS with APK support am still sure the US will still find a way of limiting usage.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 12:52pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ifedith:

a wrong impression is wen u believed that something is irreplaceable... with a very good R& D, everything is achievable

make i go watch the video too

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
Mrlastborn:

a wrong impression is wen u believed that something is irreplaceable... with a very good R& D, everything is achievable

make i go watch the video too
No worry, make we dey look na.... I can't wait to see how hong meng(augment... grin) os wan replace Google Android with aptoide and the rest... Omg... grin.
I must watch the part 2 of this movie.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifedith(m): 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2019
Gptech:

Not replace, take on for now and later overtake hopefully. Seriously dis na wetin suppose benefit consumers, we don tire for duopoly sef, make something fresh come out or at least Google go step their game even higher, all na win win.
Lemme just tell u how this is gonna end... Us wins Huawei lose..
cool

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 1:06pm On Jun 15, 2019
I don't understand what you people mean downfall of Google? Fine, some people will port while others will be nostalgic to move. There always will be a fan base that will prefer a particular OS. Worst that can happen to Android is to be like IOS is to iPhone, pixel phone will be the only phone using it. Will it not sell?
Let's change the narrative that Android will die? Die and go where?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Rakiticbarca: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2019
Hennyola:
I need a screen for my Redmi note 4x

Does anyone have a verified engineer or past experience in changing the screen without any issues?
The screen still touch and everything all works well, I just need to change it due to its look
What's the total cost (screen and workmanship)?
Lagos engineer only
make order for the part on AliExpress and fix it yourself.

Help me tell that guy say I no see my package for the list

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 1:48pm On Jun 15, 2019
jboixxx:

.No need to calculate...just do your backup
Ifedith:

I feel the multiple OS being linked to Huawei is to create diversion against critical scrutiny and avoid downward spiral of market shares. I feel they know for sure which to settle with. On whether no Huawei OS is better than Android, time would tell. Remember their Hisilicon Kirin story, they ain't doing badly there?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
kekilika:

Thanks.

Is like retirement came early.
post-retirement service available in my house
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thebwoy: 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2019
Ifedith:

E go do u like movie.
The way some countries take hate US eh, they will kukuma accept any Chinese OS

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thebwoy: 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2019
kekilika:
I don't understand what you people mean downfall of Google? Fine, some people will port while others will be nostalgic to move. There always will be a fan base that will prefer a particular OS. Worst that can happen to Android is to be like IOS is to iPhone, pixel phone will be the only phone using it. Will it not sell?
Let's change the narrative that Android will die? Die and go where?

Die and go meet symbian

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2019
Am neutral on this huawei and US issue
But my thought on it is..
If oak is eventually becomes a success,most OEM will want to go make their own os(esp China based brands) which am pretty sure it will be oem exclusive,it will just be a new competition,and it would really affect Google,but smaller oem that can't make an is will stick to Google.
Well,I don't know sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 2:05pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thebwoy:

Die and go meet symbian
If and only if, Google will respond with Fuschia OS or the current KaiOS... And Hongmeng will die. Since any new OS that comes out, another OS will die

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joungblood(m): 2:07pm On Jun 15, 2019
Thanks man.. I really want to go for Samsung but this second space is really a big deal for me. It basically makes my life easier, I don't have to hide apps, chat or pictures, from anyone,.. After using xiaomi second space features I can only say other phones app lock is a joke. Well I guess I can't have everything, especially now a days that police harass people anyhow n search ur phones illegally �‍♂️
fibonacci2526:

Samsung and OnePlus don't have second spaces. Samsung has the secure folder which is basically like app lock. It's good but nothing special. Well OnePlus phones are water proof but they lack the official IP rating so as to reduce cost. Best to go with the Samsung flagships if you want official IP rating.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5234) (5235) (5236) (5237) (5238) (5239) (5240) ... (9353) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.