Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9424699 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5272) (5273) (5274) (5275) (5276) (5277) (5278) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:10am On Jun 20, 2019
Elxandre:

1020*

Mistake, thanks for the observation

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olahpet777(m): 8:13am On Jun 20, 2019
So i ordered a new battery for a redmi note 4 but i can't seem to be able to track it.. it has been stuck like this and its now 29 days.. what to do?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:17am On Jun 20, 2019
IKON360:

I don't think RN7 can do that, what happens on mine is when I take a picture with portrait mode, the phone saves two copies one with bokeh and the other without it. Both are often 13mp or 14mp but not up to 48mp or such. Even though I set the app to take pictures at the highest resolution which is 12mp

Okay. Maybe it works only for the Pro version since its more of a true 48Mp than the one on the RN7

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shyshally(f): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2019
Guys, pls who knows if peradventure, the price of redmi note 7 will be reduced in this upcoming jumia anniversary sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2019
olahpet777:
So i ordered a new battery for a redmi note 4 but i can't seem to be able to track it.. it has been stuck like this and its now 29 days.. what to do?

Use these to track it and see
track24.net or
global.cainiao.com/en
https://en.trackitonline.ru/?service=track

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:19am On Jun 20, 2019
shyshally:
Guys, pls who knows if peradventure, the price of redmi note 7 will be reduced in this upcoming jumia anniversary sale?

Not sure, but time will tell
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2019
genius43:

Okay. Maybe it works only for the Pro version since its more of a true 48Mp than the one on the RN7
I believe so.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jun 20, 2019
Good day everyone, please what's the difference between Xiaomi Global ROM and Global Version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2019
crouch2014:
Good day everyone, please what's the difference between Xiaomi Global ROM and Global Version?

Global rom is OS, global version is hardware.

Global rom is flashed on phones so that you can use your phone outside china.
Global version phones come pre-installed with goggle apps.

Go for anyone, but preferably the global version

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suco01(m): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2019
frisky008:
I have decided to get the Redmi note 7 (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM) version from Jumia. I have only seen the phones online. I am stuck between getting the black or blue, any suggestion on the best colour?

Bros go for the black. The blue get as it be. Something of purple up and blue down thought it's attractive but when I saw the black I fall for it

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 8:38am On Jun 20, 2019
Prince202020:
Good evening great people of Xiaomi Republic, please I need to buy an external hard drive of 1TB, I need recommendations of good quality and long lasting one to buy abeg, the Samsung 500GB I bought since 2012 is making some sound and showing signs of it want to crash.

It there are links please share, thank you.

I suggest you buy Transcend if you can add a few thousands to the cost of Seagate, WD and co. it's more rugged than others hence the additional cost. if you are in Lagos I can recommend a guy at computer village I often buy these things from

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2019
shyshally:
i dont know sha...but i think if jumia wan to reduce the price, the highest would be by 3k,unless its a flash sale,then they can go up to 80% off for fastest fingers ....just be close to ifedith incase sha

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2019
shyshally:

I don't think so. Only Redmi 7 and it's the 2GB/16GB variant.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2019
noblefarm:

Thanks guy, I forget to add, I love the in screen finger print. That's why am not going with note7pro.
the note 7pro and poco f1 doesn't have inscreen fingerprint, phones i can remember that have such are
Mi 9t(redmi k20)
Redmi k20 pro
Mi 9
Mi 9se(not too sure)
And some few others
Since you want inscreen fingerprint, the samsung a50 wont be bad tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2019
Lovexme:

I don't think so. Only Redmi 7 and it's the 2GB/16GB variant.
how much is it now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2019
crouch2014:

Adding to what GrandMufti said up there Global Version comes with more LTE bands than Chinese Version with Global ROM installed

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2019
Thanks to macbeyland got my rn7 pro at a decent price and very free transaction and transit to akure. But please this is my first time of using chinese rom, what are the necessary stuff to install, I just got a walk around Google services app and getting my contact and others synchronize. But the phone still doesn't fit at home �
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2019
alosbaba007:

Pocophone has a 6.18inch screen while Redmi Note 7 has a 6.3inch screen. The difference is really clear here
noted sir wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:02am On Jun 20, 2019
anonymousey:

I suggest you buy Transcend if you can add a few thousands to the cost of Seagate, WD and co. it's more rugged than others hence the additional cost. if you are in Lagos I can recommend a guy at computer village I often buy these things from

Been more expensive or rugged doesn't really translate to how long lasting it would be. You are considering drop test to other parameters. Even the Silicon Power Armour Hard disk is more rugged than the transcend

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2019
Prince202020:
Good evening great people of Xiaomi Republic, please I need to buy an external hard drive of 1TB, I need recommendations of good quality and long lasting one to buy abeg, the Samsung 500GB I bought since 2012 is making some sound and showing signs of it want to crash.

It there are links please share, thank you.
Go for ssd and have peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2019
There are 480gb SSDs from sandisk that cost around 23k or so.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:17am On Jun 20, 2019
madeinnigeria:
@Gptech w830bt is littt
Seriously! Thats nice. Meanwhile, this has been a disappointment undecided.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2019
Gptech:

Seriously! Thats nice. Meanwhile, this has been a disappointment undecided.

Time to remove it from my wishlist. Thanks for the short and blunt review
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2019
genius43:

Time to remove it from my wishlist. Thanks for the short and blunt review
Hahahahahahahaha, short and blunt indeed, volume very low, sound just there, d thing just make me value my wired ear buds more. Tried with both supplied 3.5mm cord and Bluetooth, sounds same, even when I nr fit increase my music volume level more than 4 because of the power of Dolby Atmos on wired earbuds, with this guy if u like finish d volume, na low distorted sound u go hear. Na only noise cancellation try small, apart from from that, not good value for money.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
how much is it now?

41,999 on Jumia

33,000 during mega sale.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 9:38am On Jun 20, 2019
IKON360:

Imagine MX people, this is a feature that was on Mobo player more than 6 years ago. Well I've seen reason to upgrade then
Not just Mobo, even vlc and pre-installed video players of most phones. But it doesn't make them any better than MX player. Picture-in-picture is just a single feature. There's more to android video playing. MX remains the undisputed champion in that regard.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Belexy(m): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2019
genius43:

Go to any Pointek, Raya Electronics or Mobile center stores. They made mention of Slot, not sure if slot have stocked up yet.

Slot doesnt have yet. I was there yesterday.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 20, 2019
Mckandre:
and ure knowing this now? Welcome to 21st century grin
lolz
i be old school na, that always listening to classic FM. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Belexy(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2019
Plz which reputable and tested powerbank can be used with Redmi 7 that wont damage the fone battery? I am not a fan of power banks but certain events make it necessary now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Adegbem01(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Belexy:
Plz which reputable and tested powerbank can be used with Redmi 7 that wont damage the fone battery? I am not a fan of power banks but certain events make it necessary now.
Do power bank spoil phone battery again? To me every normal working powerbank will supply almost the same voltage as the spec but dem might just not last long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2019
Reddington:

Not just Mobo, even vlc and pre-installed video players of most phones. But it doesn't make them any better than MX player. Picture-in-picture is just a single feature. There's more to android video playing. MX remains the undisputed champion in that regard.
I absolutely agree, MX has been the king of video players for me for a long time. Pip isn't even a big deal

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2019
frisky008:
I have decided to get the Redmi note 7 (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM) version from Jumia. I have only seen the phones online. I am stuck between getting the black or blue, any suggestion on the best colour?
Get the black colour......
U can't see any crack later in the future

(1) (2) (3) ... (5272) (5273) (5274) (5275) (5276) (5277) (5278) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.