Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195513 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5367) (5368) (5369) (5370) (5371) (5372) (5373) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
Gptech:

If Airtel good for your end, kuku port.

Exactly what I did.

I stay close to Nigeria College of Aviation Technology, Zaria.

Because of their tower, they didn't allow any telecommunication company to build mast in our community. But somehow, Airtel is darn good in my area.

Ported my MTN to Airtel already. I can't come and kill myself.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Yh last night but it also came with version 10.3, please house my network no gree stable on 3/4G always turn to 2g again

Go to your SIM card settings, select SIM go to preferred network type and set it on 4G.

Then use that code I gave you earlier and set it on the screen shot I posted this morning

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Yh last night but it also came with version 10.3, please house my network no gree stable on 3/4G always turn to 2g again
Dial *#*#4636#*#*, select phone information 1 or 2 depending on the sim you want, scroll to 'set preferred network type' and choose WCDMA only for 3G or LTE only for 4G.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 4:01pm On Jun 29, 2019
Oliveronline:
Just got the redmi 7. Bought it 47k at pointek artillery junction port Harcourt. still charging it.

Welcome bro you gonna live the functions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2019
Gptech:

Dial *#*#4636#*#*, select phone information 1 or 2 depending on the sim you want, scroll to 'set preferred network type' and choose WCDMA only for 3G or LTE only for 4G.

It always changed back to 2g network don't know why
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Exactly what I did.

I stay close to Nigeria College of Aviation Technology, Zaria.

Because of their tower, they didn't allow any telecommunication company to build mast in our community. But somehow, Airtel is darn good in my area.

Ported my MTN to Airtel already. I can't come and kill myself.
Naxo na, nawa only one line b my main line now, can fling anyone anytime, we get all d sims for all network grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 4:04pm On Jun 29, 2019
sheggsliveth:

It always changed back to 2g network don't know why
After doing that? Note that it will always revert after a reboot, I mean the settings. Also its likely the fault is from the network provider, give it time say Monday, and see if it still fluctuates.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 4:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
genius43:

Thanks, I'm downloading like 5 albums

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2019
Gptech:

After doing that? Note that it will always revert after a reboot, I mean the settings. Also its likely the fault is from the network provider, give it time say Monday, and see if it still fluctuates.

Thanks i put it in between 3/4g and I put it offline mode to activate it, will wait small it's like it's stable now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 4:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
genius43:

Go to your SIM card settings, select SIM go to preferred network type and set it on 4G.

Then use that code I gave you earlier and set it on the screen shot I posted this morning

Thanks it stable for now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2019
Thorby:

Download Peel Remote

Bro you too much POLYSTAR is there.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by beautylv: 4:41pm On Jun 29, 2019
You need your brain checked, because u used ur school fee to buy a phone for the first time in your life does not give you the right to talk to anybody anyhow like you are not mentally ok. So Xiaomi is not china phone abi ode, pls go to hell, you shd not b in the midst of elders.

fantilopezzy:
baba this girl nah scam
u get mind call my xiaomi chinko?
5th ranked best selling phone company in the world chinko
sis abeg we no force u mk u buy xiaomi
u knw say nah chinko why u still go buy am
scaaaaaam

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
Finally got my RN7 yesterday..... I don finally leave tecno port to redmi to think i don introduce the phone to people n I never buy masef.... Wel m xo happy I finally got one

Naw I need link to Gcam... I want the latest version wey make sense anybody pls cool

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by suprememoney(m): 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2019
Please how do i stop unnecessary adverts on my R7?
It's just too annoying.

2. Secondly, Someone should help me share the link to download gcam please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 5:11pm On Jun 29, 2019
BluePearls:
Please someone suggest a good wireless earpiece for me. I was thinking of buying the AKG Y100 series, but hoping there's something better out there. Thanks

https://audiobudget.com/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2019
In Eric's voice Its all about that cpu grin grin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oxygenlove(m): 5:14pm On Jun 29, 2019
THE WAY SOME PEOPLE DEY TALK EHNN. ** ILL MANNERED**... TRUE TRUE.. DEM GO GET ILL LUCK FOR SURE..

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2019
suprememoney:
It's just too annoying.

1. Check previous page I posted a guide
https://techpp.com/2018/09/17/remove-ads-xiaomi-miui-guide/amp/
2. I posted this link yesterday, it's kinda getting tiring

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-7/help/google-camera-redmi-7-t3922223

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 5:22pm On Jun 29, 2019
beautylv:
You need your brain checked, because u used ur school fee to buy a phone for the first time in your life does not give you the right to talk to anybody anyhow like you are not mentally ok. So Xiaomi is not china phone abi ode, pls go to hell, you shd not b in the midst of elders.

Unn., Typical girls rant, what has the man said now to deserve all these from you?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:26pm On Jun 29, 2019
beautylv:

If you notice I chided him after that post. You mustn't always go low to prove a point.
All phones around the world has the chinko input. Even the iPhone is mostly chinko hardware with a USA OS.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vickthorious(m): 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2019
Light usage grin
Note7 cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2019
drjprince:
In Eric's voice Its all about that cpu grin grin

Baba flex. Change the second SIM that you are not using for data to 2G to conserve battery.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 5:33pm On Jun 29, 2019
fuckboys:
is it true r7 in call volume is low?, saw the complaints in user opinions in gsmarena.
Ive been looking to order the phone for a while

Bros, go ahead and order. I have been using the fone for some days now and trust me i did so much research before i eventually settled for it. Its really worth the hype. The call volume is okay except maybe you are already used to some fones that have extremely loud call volume.
For example, a particular Infinix has extremely loud call volume to the extent that people around can clearly hear the conversation. If you are already used to that, then u may feel the call volume on the Redmi 7 is low but with time you will get used to it. The call volume has been okay for me.
Another thing u may see online is complaints about the display in sunlight. Plz the display is very okay and u can use your fone comfortably outdoors. The battery life is also impressive. Fingerprint sensor is sooooo fast and very very very responsive.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 5:41pm On Jun 29, 2019
suprememoney:
It's just too annoying.

Adverts? I am not getting any adverts on my R7. Which apps are sending you adverts?
Maybe the adverts dey fear me.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
Oliveronline:
Just got the redmi 7. Bought it 47k at pointek artillery junction port Harcourt. still charging it.

We are gradually increasing in numbers. We will soon take over the thread from the RN7 users grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lavoca: 5:43pm On Jun 29, 2019
Just look at MADGOAT!!!! This life na "gentu gentu" I swear
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2019
Lavoca:

Madgoat deliberately trolled.

He knew what he was doing.

He criticised to know if something is worth getting. If you observed, the more he criticised, the more users gave him reason why the phone is worth it.

And he made his choice based on that.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2019
madgoat:

Bros, go ahead and order. I have been using the fone for some days now and trust me i did so much research before i eventually settled for it. Its really worth the hype. The call volume is okay except maybe you are already used to some fones that have extremely loud call volume.
For example, a particular Infinix has extremely loud call volume to the extent that people around can clearly hear the conversation. If you are already used to that, then u may feel the call volume on the Redmi 7 is low but with time you will get used to it. The call volume has been okay for me.
Another thing u may see online is complaints about the display in sunlight. Plz the display is very okay and u can use your fone comfortably outdoors. The battery life is also impressive. Fingerprint sensor is sooooo fast and very very very responsive.
I now begin to understand the wisdom in the scriptures. There is indeed joy in heaven when an unbeliever begins to believe...

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 5:46pm On Jun 29, 2019
beautylv:

You mustn't be so raw even when offended.. Master resilience or your outburst one day may work against you..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:52pm On Jun 29, 2019
genius43:

Baba flex. Change the second SIM that you are not using for data to 2G to conserve battery.
thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gingger(m): 5:55pm On Jun 29, 2019
Lavoca:

As in ehn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by cutiedave(m): 5:56pm On Jun 29, 2019
Just got the redmi 7....the phone is truly a beast...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5367) (5368) (5369) (5370) (5371) (5372) (5373) ... (9317) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.