Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9228396 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5379) (5380) (5381) (5382) (5383) (5384) (5385) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:24pm On Jun 30, 2019
Halezis:

You can get a hybrid sim adapter for not more than 1k. With that you can use two sims and an SD card simultaneously
Just 500 from me if Thykingdomcom needs it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BluePearls(m): 7:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
Anyone used Liquid Remix custom rom? Is it any good and worth being a daily driver? Please give me review. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 7:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
yak:
Guys, I want to ask a simple question that cld guide a decision this week

What does RN7 have over R7?
I mean, what compromises are made on R7 that are observable by a normal phone user not a geek
nothing, RN7 has only aesthetics (glass both front and back) nd USB type c over R7 that uses plastic back/glass front nd micro USB port.

Looking at it from NO GEEK perspective, they re relatively the same ,u wont notice any visible differences, unless u go looking for one. R7 is even better with gud battery back up nd support for dedicated 2sim nd sd support. If ure on budget, I'll advise u to go for R7 but if u think u can squeeze out extra for RN7, still gud u can go ahead, neither will stop u from having a great xiaomi experience. smiley

when going for either one, go for 3gb ram or higher with 32gb rom or higher.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by donprosper6(m): 8:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
symbian123:
Please who has redmi 5 plus for sale? State ur price, phone number and location. Thanks

Neatly used Redmi 6 pro 40k 3/32gb with freebies
Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by symbian123(m): 8:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
donprosper6:

Neatly used Redmi 6 pro 40k 3/32gb with freebies
Lagos

Also in Lagos. I'll pay 35k... Hit me up on 08143902079.. Whatsapp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by happy662(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
I JUST ORDERED FOR REDMI NOTE 7 ON JUMIA.CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO KNOW IF IT IS GLOBAL VERSION BEFORE I PAY FOR IT?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oliveronline: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
Someone should help me with link to download gcam for redmi 7.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2019
fantilopezzy:
Bleep! so i need to get a new sim?
Yes ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2019
Buchika:
I need a phone with either snapdragon 625 4000 mah battery.. Sd450 4000mAh battery, sd636 4000mAh and must have lte band 28

Don't be limited in your choice of devices, get a glo mifi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
jboixxx:

Just 500 from me if Thykingdomcom needs it.
Noted jboixx.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2019
happy662:
I JUST ORDERED FOR REDMI NOTE 7 ON JUMIA.CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO KNOW IF IT IS GLOBAL VERSION BEFORE I PAY FOR IT?

All redmi phones sold and fulfilled by jumia are all global versions.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:29pm On Jun 30, 2019
lilclin:
me no get l upto that sha...even after sending all those
. You receive the congratulatory message?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2019
jaymichael:
You mean if I send MIFI to 141 I will get 5gb for 1k?
Yes, on a new sim and if you follow the steps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by obisite: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mckandre:
nothing, RN7 has only aesthetics (glass both front and back) nd USB type c over R7 that uses plastic back/glass front nd micro USB port.

Looking at it from NO GEEK perspective, they re relatively the same ,u wont notice any visible differences, unless u go looking for one. R7 is even better with gud battery back up nd support for dedicated 2sim nd sd support. If ure on budget, I'll advise u to go for R7 but if u think u can squeeze out extra for RN7, still gud u can go ahead, neither will stop u from having a great xiaomi experience. smiley

when going for either one, go for 3gb ram or higher with 32gb rom or higher.

but i read Redmi7 has one speaker while RN7 has two, besides.. i would want to know if accessories for RN7,fit in for redmi7.like cases,, same case works for both?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:44pm On Jun 30, 2019
obisite:

but i read Redmi7 has one speaker while RN7 has two, besides.. i would want to know if accessories for RN7,fit in for redmi7.like cases,, same case works for both?
Both have just one speaker
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2019
obisite:

wrong , they both ve two grill at the bottom,one for speaker ,the other for mic. The RN7 is slightly bigger than R7, due to that effect twill affect the uniformity of both devices from sharing cases/accessories interchangeably.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
BluePearls:

Thanks for the suggestion.
you're welcome
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
symbian123:
Please who has redmi 5 plus for sale? State ur price, phone number and location. Thanks
mobilegees
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2019
*clears throat* after following this thread for months i have decided to buy Redmi 7 at least make i see how miui dey go and maybe try dat redmi airdots and can this device be my daily driver because me i dey press fone o and maybe run dat pubg at medium settings *winks* madgoat and oda r7 users report for duty.........AND why is it dat nah rn7 users full here and no review from k20 users
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:06pm On Jun 30, 2019
genius43:

Only if the output is stable like that of a Honda small generator otherwise I won't advise
so can't i use any surge protection?
like stabilizer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by obisite: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2019
Mckandre:
wrong , they both ve two grill at the bottom,one for speaker ,the other for mic. The RN7 is slightly bigger than R7, due to that effect twill affect the uniformity of both devices from sharing cases/accessories interchangeably.

thanks for the clarification,, but is it the 48mp of RN7 that makes major difference from R7, just curious to know any unique features of RN7 above the redmi7

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2019
Kvngfrosh:
*clears throat* after following this thread for months i have decided to buy Redmi 7 at least make i see how miui dey go and maybe try dat redmi airdots and can this device be my daily driver because me i dey press fone o and maybe run dat pubg at medium settings *winks* madgoat and oda r7 users report for duty.........AND why is it dat nah rn7 users full here and no review from k20 users

For daily driver, yes yes yes. It will serve you well even if you press press. As per PUBG, i have not installed it yet but from YouTube reviews, it handles the game well on medium settings (the 3gb RAM version R7).

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
This airtel double data is a big scam. I just did the 5k plan and I was given nothing but the 10gb that the plan gives..
I regret not using my cash to subscribe to the ntel unlimited plan and then relax for the next one month.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2019
obisite:

thanks for the clarification,, but is it the 48mp of RN7 that makes major difference from R7, just curious to know any unique features of RN7 above the redmi7
boss rn7 is better
better screen better chipset better camera
overall it is better
but r7 is still a good device
it depends on your budget
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oliveronline: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
Gptech:
Both have just one speaker
redmi 7 has two speakers
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:13pm On Jun 30, 2019
macbeyland:
This airtel double data is a big scam. I just did the 5k plan and I was given nothing but the 10gb that the plan gives..
I regret not using my cash to subscribe to the ntel unlimited plan and then relax for the next one month.
pls is there any universal wifi coverage in Nigeria which 1 can sub for?
like am tired if subbing my line
this people are scammers!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2019
Kvngfrosh:
no k20 users yet
just the pro and i think there few
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:16pm On Jun 30, 2019
obisite:

There are differences apart from the camera.
Display on the RN7 is FHD+ and on the R7 is HD+ but to the human eye, you may not see much difference.
The snapdragons on RN7 is 660 and on R7 is 632 but that does not belittle the R7.
RN7 is 1 sim slot + memory card/Sim slot but R7 is 2 sim slots + memory card slot.
RN7 has a glass back but R7 is plastic back cover. This may sound funny to you, but i ran away from that glass back because i dont want to have to be extra careful with the fone.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by madgoat(m): 9:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Oliveronline:
redmi 7 has two speakers
Boss na 1 speaker but two grills. One is the mic and the other the speaker.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:18pm On Jun 30, 2019
fantilopezzy:
pls is there any universal wifi coverage in Nigeria which 1 can sub for?
like am tired if subbing my line
this people are scammers!!!

Ntel unlimited plan @17500 per month
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 9:19pm On Jun 30, 2019
obisite:

we re now going into the geeky aspect, the more u dig the more divided u will become, shey u get. Anyway i think the ogas above ve given u a clue of what to expect. Cheers cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5379) (5380) (5381) (5382) (5383) (5384) (5385) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.