Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9286495 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frankyvalll(m): 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2016
heroshark:
Newly arrived redmi 3s pro... Just coming back from the post office... Anyone interested should contact me... Selling for 60k if you stay around Onitsha
will u swap with infinix note 3 and i add cash? i stay in Asaba
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by semid4lyfe(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
My Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition battery has plunged since I updated to MIUI 8.

Would have stuck with MIUI 7 if I knew this was gonna happen undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:16pm On Nov 15, 2016
semid4lyfe:
My Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition battery has plunged since I updated to MIUI 8.

Would have stuck with MIUI 7 if I knew this was gonna happen undecided

Yep. So many people have the same sad experience with redmi note 3. Let's hope they come up with a solution because it is long overdue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
I do not think I experience this or is it that I don't keep tab of my battery usage?
I'm not on mobile data network though cos note 3 pro doesn't support 3g and I don't like edge

How do I know if my battery drains out faster than expected?

GrandMufti:

Yep. So many people have the same sad experience with redmi note 3. Let's hope they come up with a solution because it is long overdue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2016
vosquare:
This eu rom is not even bug free.. And d rom is ok but I experience frequent reboot anytime I try to unlock my phone. When the back light is off, and I put my fingerprint to unlock, the phone will on and hang till it reboots

Make I go download original Chinese rom jawe

With all these experiences that you are going, is it not better for me to continue managing my Chinese Stable ROM like that? angry

Just tired of seeing those Chinese alphabets. Also, the fingerprint sensor has never worked.

cc: GrandMufti, Gptech, semid4lyfe, NgcoboP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bookiemart01:
I do not think I experience this or is it that I don't keep tab of my battery usage?
I'm not on mobile data network though cos note 3 pro doesn't support 3g and I don't like edge

Your phone should support 3G na! I guess that's a typo.

The screen-on time should tell you how long your battery lasts. Alternatively you could monitor how fast your battery drains after using an app for 5- 10 mins. Playing music is the only thing I have noticed that doesn't drain battery. And I don't even play games on my phone. My phone is always on 2G, except when I want to use Hotspot which is not often.
I know you are someone who doesn't touch phone grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
40manlappy:

With all these experiences that you are going, is it not better for me to continue managing my Chinese Stable ROM like that? angry

Just tired of seeing those Chinese alphabets. Also, the fingerprint sensor has never worked.

Fingerprint not working? I thought this bug only affects Chinese dev. Rom?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bookiemart01:
I'm not on mobile data network though cos[b] note 3 pro doesn't support 3g[/b] and I don't like edge

This is strange. Mine supports 3G. Did you mean 4G or its a typo as GrandMufti observed?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
GrandMufti:

Fingerprint not working? I thought this bug only affects Chinese dev. Rom?

It has never worked. Initially, I thought that I was not doing something right.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 5:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
GrandMufti:

grin grin grin experience is the best teacher. Nothing do you. BTW which of the eu rom did you download? Developer or stable?
I'm back to miui7.5 o...I'm satisfied with the battery sha.. I downloaded d developer rom..weekly update from xiaomi.eu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
40manlappy:

R u also using rn3 mtk?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 7:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
GrandMufti:

Yes it is listed because it supports miui 8. But it has been suspended for five weeks now and counting

Cc vosquare it seems you downloaded the faulty rom

** modified***

Please give me the link to the good rom... I love miui 8 mehn... In fact, I'm missing the baby but the battery na d wahala

This is the link I used

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-11-10.36056/
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
vosquare:

Please give me the link to the good rom... I love miui 8 mehn... In fact, I'm missing the baby but the battery na d wahala

This is the link I used

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/6-11-10.36056/

Pity ya fone na grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2016
GrandMufti:

E dn turn to hobby grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
40manlappy:

It has never worked. Initially, I thought that I was not doing something right.

Is it that you can not setup fingerprint or that after setting it up, you can't use it to unlock the phone?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toluwanimi07(m): 8:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
Just got another redmi 2 today loving this device

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2016
GrandMufti:

If u dn see link, teh me o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2016
Bookiemart01:

Your phone should support 3g and 4g, maybe you are in an area with no 4g coverage and your network is set to Lte/ edge.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
40manlappy:

Experienced this in one Redmi 3 pro, should be some bugs. But are those Chinese alphabets so annoying that you cannot manage?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by heroshark(m): 6:59am On Nov 16, 2016
frankyvalll:
will u swap with infinix note 3 and i add cash? i stay in Asaba
Contact me on WhatsApp... 07035701317.. Hope it's still clean?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 16, 2016
I'm seriously considering getting rn3 pro but this battery drain ish is really giving second thoughts. Does it affect both the mtk and snapdragon versions?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by heroshark(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2016
Pls how can I see numbers and contact stored on my sim .... I can't access it... I only see options for. Phone storage and Gmail... Redmi 3s pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by khattab008: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2016
toluwanimi07:
Just got another redmi 2 today loving this device

For how much?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bookiemart01(f): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2016
Wow I just saw it cheesy. I think I missed it because I don't subscribe to mobile data

Biko, where the screen-on time dey? I think I am under utilising this phone....

If you need this phone, comman take it ooo but remember to hold money

GrandMufti:

Your phone should support 3G na! I guess that's a typo.

The screen-on time should tell you how long your battery lasts. Alternatively you could monitor how fast your battery drains after using an app for 5- 10 mins. Playing music is the only thing I have noticed that doesn't drain battery. And I don't even play games on my phone. My phone is always on 2G, except when I want to use Hotspot which is not often.
I know you are someone who doesn't touch phone grin

Bros no be village I dey stay na cheesy cheesy

Actually, I use spectranet for my data cos I don't like mobile data that wiii comman Gimme disappointment when I need data most cry cry. Shebi spectranet is 4g LTE?

Gptech:

Your phone should support 3g and 4g, maybe you are in an area with no 4g coverage and your network is set to Lte/ edge.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:39am On Nov 16, 2016
Phoenix619:
I'm seriously considering getting rn3 pro but this battery drain ish is really giving second thoughts. Does it affect both the mtk and snapdragon versions?

Yes. For now it affects both. But let's see by December, hopefully. Alternatively, if you get the phone, update to miui 7.5.3.0. I used to get 42hrs on this rom.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:44am On Nov 16, 2016
vosquare:

If u dn see link, teh me o

Ok. No wahala. But I think it's better to wait till next month. Hopefully the Chinese rom should get an update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Wow I just saw it cheesy. I think I missed it because I don't subscribe to mobile data

In that case you battery won't be much of a problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:57am On Nov 16, 2016
heroshark:
Pls how can I see numbers and contact stored on my sim .... I can't access it... I only see options for. Phone storage and Gmail... Redmi 3s pro

Settings > System apps > Contacts > Display preferences > Show SIM contacts

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2016
vosquare:

R u also using rn3 mtk?

No, mine is Snapdragon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:05am On Nov 16, 2016
GrandMufti:

Is it that you can not setup fingerprint or that after setting it up, you can't use it to unlock the phone?

I did set up fingerprint but it doesn't work after each setup
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2016
Gptech:

Experienced this in one Redmi 3 pro, should be some bugs. But are those Chinese alphabets so annoying that you cannot manage?

I have been managing but I just want to feel less "chinko" cheesy

I get MI messages in Chinese, MI videos are in Chinese and sometime, I mistakenly type in Chinese alphabets grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vosquare: 8:46am On Nov 16, 2016
GrandMufti:

Ok. No wahala. But I think it's better to wait till next month. Hopefully the Chinese rom should get an update
cool cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: boolee(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.