Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222275 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5412) (5413) (5414) (5415) (5416) (5417) (5418) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 10:45am On Jul 05, 2019
Guys this just started yesterday, pls how do I fix this. I've disabled WiFi scanning and other settings.. embarassed embarassed

Pls how do I disable performance mode

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 10:54am On Jul 05, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Why are guys so quick to call someone's personal experience about their device a lie?

So, because you love Xiaomi, someone that's using it and narrating his experience shouldn't?

I love Xiaomi and I'm enjoying mine but don't go about acting like Tecno and Infinix fanboys that can't handle a little criticism about their device.

And if I was the guy complaining, I won't post proofs just because I want to convince people about what I'm experiencing.

sorry oo
but it's sounds somehow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2019
mykelshowz:
Guys this just started yesterday, pls how do I fix this. I've disabled WiFi scanning and other settings.. embarassed embarassed

Pls how do I disable performance mode

Baba let's be honest na. Na you or somebody press the phone. It did not just start. Na phone, no be human being.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 11:04am On Jul 05, 2019
greenhulk:

Lol ha ha. Same reason I dumped the redmi note 5. Xiaomi phones always have this problem of missed notifications and ram management. On redmi note 5 I missed a lot of notifications, they just won't pop up until u open the apps then all of them will start coming in. Apps like Twitter etc basically don't get notifications until u open them. I have see a lot of people complain about the same thing on the RM7 on YouTube.

It's not the hardware but an MIUI thing. I wish xiaomi could just do without MIUI
it's on all phones ...it is background data restriction which can be turned off, it helps to save battery,data,and manage ram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 11:06am On Jul 05, 2019
Global version coming at laaaaaaaaaast grin grin grin grin

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2019
Genius 43
Gptech
Grandmufti

My system apps are refusing to update since I updated my OS to 10.3.6 (RN7). Have you been experiencing the same?

Na Playstore app I dey use bypass the thing.

Any suggestions?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 11:09am On Jul 05, 2019
Kingsaeedibn:
Hope xiaomi is reliable in rooting without �
Yes yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2019
leksymaxy:
Guys pls i need your help, my son and her sister needs a laptop each in school, he want a good laptop that can be use to design, he is studying architecture while his sister is studying agricultural engineering.i dont know anything abt laptop. Pls its urgent as they will be using it for their exams
Note: Price range shd be 150- 170k for each laptop
Cc.
Grandmufti
Gptech
Genius
Fibonacci
You don't need to spend exorbitantly on new laptops; you can get london used ones that are as functional and good looking as new ones at way cheaper prices if you stay in Lagos.

A 2.56ghz core i5 with 6-8gb of ram and a dedicated graphics card should do just fine for your son who is studying architecture. Meanwhile, a core i3 with 4gb ram and a good battery should be more than enough for your daughter.

Budget 75-80k for your son and 50k for your daughter.

You should be able to get them at computer village or Alaba international market.

I recommend Alaba international market though, because they have lots of trusted dealers there, and they import laptops in multitudes than sellers in Computer village.

I got a core i3 with 4gb ram with a very good battery backup at just 45k at Alaba and it's still serving me today since 2 years . You should be able to get a very good deal too .

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2019
My review of d RN7..

This fone na blast
Gcam ehn, Just 2 go well.
Sound quality sad with earpiece u don burst everywhere b dat
Display looks like amoled.
Face unlock is cool, Fingerprint fast.
Honestly ryt nw, I'm loving d experience on dis fone Dan my iPhone 7plus. Officially a Xiaomite. K20 pro next cool

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingsaeedibn: 11:21am On Jul 05, 2019
isco10:

Yes yes

Oga tell me how o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingpeter404(m): 11:22am On Jul 05, 2019
Mustiboy:

You don't need to spend exorbitantly on new laptops; you can get london used ones that are as functional and good looking as new ones at way cheaper prices if you stay in Lagos.

A 2.56ghz core i5 with 6-8gb of ram and a dedicated graphics card should do just fine for your son who is studying architecture. Meanwhile, a core i3 with 4gb ram and a good battery should be more than enough for your daughter.

Budget 75-80k for your son and 50k for your daughter.

You should be able to get them at computer village or Alaba international market.

I recommend Alaba international market though, because they have lots of trusted dealers there, and they import laptops in multitudes than sellers in Computer village.

I got a core i3 with 4gb ram with a very good battery backup at just 45k at Alaba and it's still serving me today since 2 years . You should be able to get a very good deal too .
I for fear so na 2years you dey talk about that time buhari still get shame na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:24am On Jul 05, 2019
olayinkajnr:

You see, someone had to open a thread with the same issue.

So, it is no lie.

The RN7P guy said he has over 6000k contact on his WhatsApp do you couldn't imagine.
I believe he asked about it before he bought rn7pro, i remember saying it will make little difference because the issue is WhatsApp itself, its database is local and fetching that huge amount of strings and texts will cause issues.i remember one time that some people sent one long text on WhatsApp and it crashed everyone's whatsapp irrespective of device.....i suggested telegram as its cloud based, real time app, but seems his customers are not using it.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 11:27am On Jul 05, 2019
veekid:
I don restart like 5 times, themes would change; battery and signal bar remains default

I had similar problem. All you need to do is to disable your dark mode, install the theme and restart the phone. You can choose whether to activate the darkmode again or not
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:29am On Jul 05, 2019
Kingpeter404:
I for fear so na 2years you dey talk about that time buhari still get shame na
London-used laptops have not had any significant increase in price. I still bought an ACER core 2 duo with 4gb of ram and a 512mb Nvidia dedicated graphics card at 35k January of this year.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 11:30am On Jul 05, 2019
Ennyhorlar:
The xiaomi note 7 pro would be my last xiaomi phone.

It's been a pleasure using this brand for the past 3years, from xiaomi 4a to 5plus to note 7 pro.

But it seems the Note7pro can't handle my WhatsApp! The main reason why I bough a 6gig ram phone.

The WhatsApp lags like hell..like fvck...like hell.

And it's becoming more annoying.

Someone should suggest a good phone that can handle WHATSAPP of 6000+ contacts!

It is not about the phone because even the Samsung note 8 Lags and iPhone 7 too. Get a high end phone if you want an answer to your query
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 11:31am On Jul 05, 2019
GrandMufti:

It's not supported

It is supported. There is a way around it, as I had a similar problem last week
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 11:32am On Jul 05, 2019
leksymaxy:
Guys pls i need your help, my son and her sister needs a laptop each in school, he want a good laptop that can be use to design, he is studying architecture while his sister is studying agricultural engineering.i dont know anything abt laptop. Pls its urgent as they will be using it for their exams
Note: Price range shd be 150- 170k for each laptop
Cc.
Grandmufti
Gptech
Genius
Fibonacci
cc computerboy he's legit. You can check his profile and see these ones he has
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:36am On Jul 05, 2019
acekid109:
cc computerboy he's legit. You can check his profile and see these ones he has
Using k20 pro now? kiss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by waleyp(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2019
How Much Is Your RedMi 7 3 32 GIG? And Screen Guard? Location IBaDan
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2019
Holuwaxheun:

Its an honour to help fulfill another deal. Am happy the deal went fine. Enjoy ur device dearie cool cool cool cool cool

Welcome back wink wink wink

2PCS of Note 7 (3/32gb) left for 55k
.You're banned for the next 5years on NL for ads grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2019
fantilopezzy:
sorry oo
but it's sounds somehow

I understand bro but make we give am benefits of doubts.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2019
adamix:

I believe he asked about it before he bought rn7pro, i remember saying it will make little difference because the issue is WhatsApp itself, its database is local and fetching that huge amount of strings and texts will cause issues.i remember one time that some people sent one long text on WhatsApp and it crashed everyone's whatsapp irrespective of device.....i suggested telegram as its cloud based, real time app, but seems his customers are not using it.

True. It happened to me too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:43am On Jul 05, 2019
iamNegro:

It is not about the phone because even the Samsung note 8 Lags and iPhone 7 too. Get a high end phone if you want an answer to your query
Bros except new storage tech comes with read and write speed of 600MB/s for mobile devices, i dont see it....
Edit
Ufs 3.0 shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 11:44am On Jul 05, 2019
iamNegro:

I had similar problem. All you need to do is to disable your dark mode, install the theme and restart the phone. You can choose whether to activate the darkmode again or not
yeaaaahhh, it work.. thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by waleyp(m): 11:46am On Jul 05, 2019
No Outlets Here InIBaDan Selling XIOMi Phones, Why? Hope This Phone Brand Is DoPE Sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:47am On Jul 05, 2019
In as much as processors determine overall speed...the storage R/w speed does a whole lot too.... take a case of HDD vs SSD on the same processor and RAM,the PC with SSD is much more faster and does tasks faster because of the R/W speed.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 11:48am On Jul 05, 2019
veekid:
yeaaaahhh, it work.. thanks bro

You are welcome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abduletudaye(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2019
Morning Guys,

Please help... I need to root my Gionee S10Lite and also install Gcam and Titanium pro..

Sorry to derail but i need help..

Gptech
GrandMufti

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2019
jboixxx:

.You're banned for the next 5years on NL for ads grin

No vex jare my boss. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2019
adamix:

Bros except new storage tech comes with read and write speed of 600MB/s for mobile devices, i dont see it....

Exactly exactly, then tarnishing a brand isn't a nice step to take.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 12:08pm On Jul 05, 2019
Abduletudaye:
Morning Guys,

Please help... I need to root my Gionee S10Lite and also install Gcam and Titanium pro..

Sorry to derail but i need help..

Gptech
GrandMufti

Thanks
No way sir, maybe with infinity gauntlet sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2019
iamNegro:

Exactly exactly, then tarnishing a brand isn't a nice step to take.
Its not even tarnishing because Normal users dont have 600+ open chats. I wont be bothered if i were one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5412) (5413) (5414) (5415) (5416) (5417) (5418) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.