Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5526) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9214269 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5523) (5524) (5525) (5526) (5527) (5528) (5529) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dasphinx1(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Please please, no arguments till weekend. Thank you.... *drops mic*

Signed:

Publicity Secretary,
Xiaomi Thread Readers Association

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
dellaziz:
PPPPLLLLEASSSSEEE O!!

THIS IS LIKE THE 4TH TIME I'M POSTING THIS

FIBONACCI POSTED A LINK ABOUT A DSTV REMOTE FOR XIAOMI... WHO HAS IT OR WHO DID SHE POST IT TO

THANKS

DStv remote or DStvNow app?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chybyke4ly(m): 12:33pm On Jul 18, 2019
Xiaomites please help, I have a budget of 80k, is there any phone better than RN7 i can get?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mizik(m): 12:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
HolyTitus:
Been following this thread keenly since the day of Xiaomi Note 4X; due to its positive reviews, i decided within me that i should also have a taste of xiaomi - afterall, good things are meant to be enjoyed by everybody nau - regardless the size of your purse.... So, Big S/0 to Mizik for this.... Believe me when i say it looks sleekier than I'd thought...
Enjoy ur new bae...
Twas nice doing business with you wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Marvel1206: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
Donkelzy:

Even if you change your region to India, your wallpaper will still reset to default

So how were you able to do it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
jboixxx:

Please, wait till tomorrow evening. We have scheduled Fridays/weekends for "arguements".

Thank you for your usual understanding.

Signed:
MGMT

cc: all affected monikers. grin grin grin grin
hahaha

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
dasphinx1:
Please please, no arguments till weekend. Thank you.... *drops mic*

Signed:

Publicity Secretary,
Xiaomi Thread Readers Association

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
jboixxx:

Please, wait till tomorrow evening. We have scheduled Fridays/weekends for "arguements".

Thank you for your usual understanding.

Signed:
MGMT

cc: all affected monikers. grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy

This debate really hot o, I was about to grab some popcorn then I checked calendar and realized it's not yet Friday undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2019
chybyke4ly:
Xiaomites please help, I have a budget of 80k, is there any phone better than RN7 i can get?

None. The rest are way slightly/way above your budget. RN7 pro, Pocophone, Mi 9se and Mi 9T
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Born2smile: 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2019
Donkelzy:

Go to settings, then additional settings, then Privacy, you will see how to enable sim lock on your device

Thanks a mil.
I wonder why it doesn't come up when I search for "sim" in settings........

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2019
fantilopezzy:
bro me clown lols
lemme clear ur doubt
google pixel 2 for instance don't hav the new imx586 sensro but still edges out most of the device with the new senor
Secondly
about the pop up camera
mention any user facing any problem with the popup cam?

thirdly battery
lols bro
believe me if ur a heavy user u will keep ur mouth shut!!
watch frankie tech battery drain test den come back and correct ur self ..the mi9 even hav a better battery backup than the se
but when compared with k20 it really look like a mess

fourthly processor
sd 730 performs as good as sd845 in day to day task
both in gaming it fails short

sd730 is general better both in gaming
that's why it's an upgrade u goat!!!

fifthly
when mi9se was released it was priced just like the mi9t around 110k upwards
so i think the price of mi9t will drop
but for 119k
mi9t is a steal i repeat is a steal!!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
genius43:

The 730 is more like the 835.
whenever arguments re done here,we always argue with facts from researches that was extensively carried out. We don't just rush into argument with claims just to appease the moment,no! u ve to back ur statements with facts which i can't see u doing. In all the things u ve said here, u haven't actually said anything about the PROS Mi 9SE has over the k20 brothers but when it comes to CONs nd dealbreakers, i think the Mi 9 se has no contenders here cos it excelled in flying colors in that criteria. Pls When making comparisons,stay on context dont deviate from the subjects. Speaking of subjects,the comparison table u brought up doesnt seem ideal because the k20pro is on a different league on its own (but I'll use it since the k20 brothers basically has the same build). And again u seem to be having difficulties understanding gsmarena comparison table(don't fash, nobody is an island of knowledge) cos if u did u would ve spotted alot of dealbreakers from the Mi 9se side.

Mi 9se cons

Battery
3070mah against k20 4000mah(pls dont start with "battery doesnt matter only optimization" cliche, this aint different OEM, they re all products of Xioami running MIUI) u wont talkmuch on this if ure really a heavy user.

No 3.5mm jack
Who doesn't need the raw audio quality from that 3.5mm jack?

No FM radio
Its not always about the internet, sometimes u need to come down to basic nd get in touch with reality but u wont get those if u don't ve FM radio.

Slow fingerprint sensor
Mi 9se has an older generation of the sensors.

Last gen Processor/GPU
Sd712 against SD730 well, let me not laugh at that statement u made "apart from SOC" who says that? Haven't u heard of NEW means better,upgrade means better improvement,even the nano manufacturing process should tell u about power efficiency.

No Full screen display
The world is going into this era. u wont like to ve an antique as a daily driver,would u? Going for k20 means better future proof

Mi 9se PROS

Ir blasters present

I stand to be corrected

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mckandre:

I stand to be corrected
Well stated

what you quoted was a response in correction to someone who said the 730 is the same as the 845

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
can i get this package tomorrow?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cynsee:
Depends on your location....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
jboixxx:

Depends on your location....
oyo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
genius43:

Night Sight na cheat.

As in ehn, I don't know why I've never bothered to test it till now. I wanted to go outside but I dey fear second owners them.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ehimzy(m): 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2019
Can anyone confirm if SLOT IN BENIN have the Mi 9t in stock?

Please slot in BENIN?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Messymelly1: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello who's familiar with Alibaba does Alibaba ship outside China ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 1:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
noobody:

118k at slot sef,raya chop your 1500 grin

Official price is 119,500 na, Aint complaining oo

Like I said, yesterday I saw it at Slot too.

Had to settle for Raya, it's closer to me, saved time.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cynsee:
oyo
Tomorrow or Saturday
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Mckandre:
whenever arguments re done here,we always argue with facts from researches that was extensively carried out. We don't just rush into argument with claims just to appease the moment,no! u ve to back ur statements with facts which i can't see u doing. In all the things u ve said here, u haven't actually said anything about the PROS Mi 9SE has over the k20 brothers but when it comes to CONs nd dealbreakers, i think the Mi 9 se has no contenders here cos it excelled in flying colors in that criteria. Pls When making comparisons,stay on context dont deviate from the subjects. Speaking of subjects,the comparison table u brought up doesnt seem ideal because the k20pro is on a different league on its own (but I'll use it since the k20 brothers basically has the same build). And again u seem to be having difficulties understanding gsmarena comparison table(don't fash, nobody is an island of knowledge) cos if u did u would ve spotted alot of dealbreakers from the Mi 9se side.

Mi 9se cons

Battery
3070mah against k20 4000mah(pls dont start with "battery doesnt matter only optimization" cliche, this aint different OEM, they re all products of Xioami running MIUI) u wont talkmuch on this if ure really a heavy user.

No 3.5mm jack
Who doesn't need the raw audio quality from that 3.5mm jack?

No FM radio
Its not always about the internet, sometimes u need to come down to basic nd get in touch with reality but u wont get those if u don't ve FM radio.

Slow fingerprint sensor
Mi 9se has an older generation of the sensors.

Last gen Processor/GPU
Sd712 against SD730 well, let me not laugh at that statement u made "apart from SOC" who says that? Haven't u heard of NEW means better,upgrade means better improvement,even the nano manufacturing process should tell u about power efficiency.

No Full screen display
The world is going into this era. u wont like to ve an antique as a daily driver,would u? Going for k20 means better future proof

Mi 9se PROS

Ir blasters present
Y
I stand to be corrected

See, I'll respect the(unwritten ) rule of the thread and wait till Saturday before giving a robust response to u and others, but then I can resist the temptation to quickly quash all u wrote up there.

Battery: I already told u premium brands like Samsung and iPhone dont even hv up to 4000 mah on their flagships and they are still doing fine or is k20 pro better than them simply because of the battery.

Headphone Jack and fm radio in 2019? Like seriously? Features even iPhone have ditched for more than 5 yes. And like the SE does not hv an adaptor if u prefer earphones.

Yes I said apart from SOC. Really how much of it do u even think u use every day. And like a higher SOC does not come with a price.

Design going antique? How sure are u that the full screen will catch on .OEMs today are still using the punch hole even in newer models, remember not every device copied the iPhone's notch and their design still stood out.

You guys are just labouring to make the k20 better than the SE by force even on GSM arena, I hardly see anyone deride the SE cos of the K20.

In reality, what is the difference sef and one costs more than the other as at today

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
jboixxx:

Tomorrow or Saturday
is the post office open on saturdays?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:
Cc Lovexme

I got A50, Its not perfect but manageable

UD fingerprint works too

Mi 9T

What do you think?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
atheistandproud:

As in ehn, I don't know why I've never bothered to test it till now. I wanted to go outside but I dey fear second owners them.

Real owners you mean?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 2:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
genius43:

Real owners you mean?

grin grin grin grin grin

Na you talk am oh
No be me talk am oh
Na you talk am oh
No be me talk am oh

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

Battery: I already told u premium brands like Samsung and iPhone dont even hv up to 4000 mah on their flagships and they are still doing fine or is k20 pro better than them simply because of the battery.

Headphone Jack and fm radio in 2019? Like seriously? Features even iPhone have ditched for more than 5 yes. And like the SE does not hv an adaptor if u prefer earphones.

Yes I said apart from SOC. Really how much of it do u even think u use every day. And like a higher SOC does not come with a price.

Design going antique? How sure are u that the full screen will catch on .OEMs today are still using the punch hole even in newer models, remember not every device copied the iPhone's notch and their design still stood out.

You guys are just labouring to make the k20 better than the SE by force even on GSM arena, I hardly see anyone deride the SE cos of the K20.

In reality, what is the difference sef and one costs more than the other as at today

I laugh, you say Samsung don't use upto 4000mah batteries on their devices, then you are so last year. Only Apple is still lagging behind in that aspect and their have been alot of complaints about it.

The traditional 3.5mm headphone jack still produces better sound than wireless.

GSMARENA you say. I don't take a lot of comments on the Gsmarena comments section seriously.

Saturday it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
Ehimzy:
Can anyone confirm if SLOT IN BENIN have the Mi 9t in stock?

Please slot in BENIN?

If you are Benin why not confirm on behalf of others on the thread.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cynsee:

It depends on your location. But earliest is next tomorrow.

Track with Nipost

ips.nipost.gov.ng/ipswebtracking/

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
Cynsee:
is the post office open on saturdays?
Some do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
The CBN Governor, Noobody has done it again. My friend's RN7PRO and its accessories have arrived in all its glory. It took 10 days or less to get it down here. thank you once again boss... You're the best.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
SD 730 is the same as 845

Someone will soon type, K20 is Even better than K20 Pro cos of better SOT, grin

Funny people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5523) (5524) (5525) (5526) (5527) (5528) (5529) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: genius43(m), agoro2u and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.